PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Lefty, a Righty...?

Blaine
October 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Okay, I've always kinda wondered what hand people write with. It's often said that the hand you write with foreshadows your personality. As a left handed person, people tell me that I'm naturally creative, and such. What hand you write with? And do you think it affects the was you are?

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 09:27 PM
how ironic! im a lefty too Blaine! thers like 10 lefty in my school! people tell me im very creative and funny! and it sucks sitting on the right hand side of a righty cause our elbows always bump! :P

Miyu-chan
October 11th, 2003, 02:05 AM
I'm the first righty to post in this thread. ;P I don't think it affects my personality though... n_n;;;

Sturm
October 11th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Both hand...but right hand is my always use.

Kairi
October 11th, 2003, 01:10 PM
I'd like to be ambidextrous, but I am right handed. ^_^ I don't know if it effects me though. x.x;

Dizzy
October 11th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Im AmbiDextrous , Both Hands right that same neatness.

I Draw Better with my left , i write my best with my right.

PokeTrainerCarol
October 11th, 2003, 01:15 PM
*tries writing with left hand*
*looks at paper*
well I can read my name there, but extremly messy so I guess right handed :P
but I don't hold my pencil right, my hands are very long and thin... o_O

Abolishing Flames
October 11th, 2003, 01:19 PM
I wish I'm Ambidextrous... But I get stuck being a righty :dead:

DragonTrainer
October 11th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I'm right handed, though I am teaching myself to write with my left hand.

Rift
October 11th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well *writes name with right hand* are them even letters? it looks more like some scribbles on a peice of paper! ^_^;

Blaine
October 11th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Heh. Wow, I'm happy there are some other left handed people.

Sapphire Latios, I can agree with you about sitting next to a right-handed person. Especially at tables. I hate that I can't write directly into my binder like they can. >.<

I'm looking for an article to put up on this thread...

Kyosuke
October 11th, 2003, 04:41 PM
I'm right handed, if my arm somehow got chopped off by a tractor or something, I would be writing like a pre-schooler.

Arcanine
October 11th, 2003, 04:57 PM
*Does what Carol does* Well im right handed too.

Sapphire
October 11th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Im right handed, but for some reason its still messy, and I tried with my left, but it was even worse and the funky thing is my neatest is when my pen(cil) I always put it in between my middle finger and my ring finger, and it sticks right up (^) and when I do it the right way, Its horrible, I dont think it affects me though...

Fire Master
October 11th, 2003, 05:34 PM
I am right handed. Maybye I should teach myself how to write with my left hand...

Timbjerr
October 11th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I am right-handed, but it doesn't affect my personality at all...

I just noticed that when I'm typing using both hands, the letters I press with my left hand I get more typos with than the letters I press with my right hand...hmm...

Kayleigh
October 11th, 2003, 06:29 PM
I'm left-handed too! ^_^ That's so neat to see other left-handers! O.o I suppose it does effect me somehow. I can draw very well, plus write, I guess... And I beat my mom on this test where you had to find a thing in this picture within three seconds, (And it was hard!) and she's right-handed. It was supposed to mean that the right side of my brain works a lot faster than most peoples'. :P

Jessica
October 11th, 2003, 07:51 PM
I use my righthand because my handwriting is more legible than the left hand.

Blaine
October 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM
I'm left-handed too! ^_^ That's so neat to see other left-handers! O.o I suppose it does effect me somehow. I can draw very well, plus write, I guess... And I beat my mom on this test where you had to find a thing in this picture within three seconds, (And it was hard!) and she's right-handed. It was supposed to mean that the right side of my brain works a lot faster than most peoples'. :P
Those who are left handed you the right side of their brain and vice-versa. If I'm correct, it is said that the right side reveals an "artsy" side of a person. Now this does not mean that right handed people can't draw. I'm just saying what I read in this funky artice. Anway...I can't remember the rest, so I'll have to check back with ya.

It is nice to see others who use their left hand. I only know of one in all my classes at school.

Keleri
October 11th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Hehe, I know a lot of lefties who aren't creative at ALL. Oh well. I'm a righty, but it would be cool to be ambidextrous. ^_^

Timbjerr
October 11th, 2003, 09:14 PM
I'm not ambidexterous, but I am pedidexterous (I can use my feet in place of my hands on many occasions, such as opening doors, andcarrying stuff)

orange*berry
October 11th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I'm right handed. No doubt about it. n.n() Naturally, I always pick up anything with my right hand. The left side is a lazy bum. n.n()

Kayleigh
October 12th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Ooh, I used to be the only left-hander in my family until my cousins' started getting married. ^_^ Now we have about five. But I'm still the only one that was born in Hawaii, lol. :P

MoonLight
October 12th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Well im Left handed as well wow there are a few Lefties here XD

Blaine
October 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Well im Left handed as well wow there are a few Lefties here XD
Hehe, power to the lefties! Lol.

Kayliegh, that's cool. I'm the only lefty in my family..>.< I think I always will be...

Zento
October 12th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I'm a righty. ^^; Though I tend to use my left hand a lot for other stuff. Like cutting.
I'm trying to practice writing and drawing with my left hand. Not a very successful mission at that. >_>

Wow! There's more lefties than I thought. Cool! ^_^

Kayleigh
October 12th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Wow! This is so cool. I never thought that there'd be so many left-handers here... Neat neat neat! ^_^

22sa
October 12th, 2003, 01:18 PM
*tries writing with left hand*
*looks at paper*
well I can read my name there, but extremly messy so I guess right handed :P
but I don't hold my pencil right, my hands are very long and thin... o_O
Lol!

I'm right handed but my writing is messey either way.... -.-;; :\

latiosspud
October 12th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I use my left hand to write. My hands never get bumped to another because I'm actually responsible enough to not put my elbow on the desk.

Rift
October 12th, 2003, 01:44 PM
*starts a party* hey! im not the lone lefty anymore! Hey! get this, my grandma was a lefty, but back in those days you were supposed to write with you right so they made my grandma only write with her right! now shes amadextrios!

latiosspud
October 12th, 2003, 01:55 PM
*starts a party* hey! im not the lone lefty anymore! Hey! get this, my grandma was a lefty, but back in those days you were supposed to write with you right so they made my grandma only write with her right! now shes amadextrios!
My uncle had the same problem. He wrote with his left hand so the teacher tied his left hand to his back so he would write with his right. :laugh:

Rift
October 12th, 2003, 02:13 PM
:laugh: haha! thats funny man! id deck the teacher if he/she tryed to tie my left hand to make back! *gets out spare left hand and puts it on right hand* Im amadextrios!

Blaine
October 12th, 2003, 10:23 PM
My uncle had the same problem. He wrote with his left hand so the teacher tied his left hand to his back so he would write with his right. :laugh:

Hehe. In England, -I think- they believed that if you wrote with your left hand it was like a sign of the devil. @_@ So the schoolmaster would pop your hand with a ruler or paddle you every time you were caught writing with it (your left hand.)

John Denver
October 13th, 2003, 02:11 PM
I'm a righty...

*right punches the 25 character rule*

BOO ya!

22sa
October 13th, 2003, 02:14 PM
I'm a righty...

*right punches the 25 character rule*

BOO ya!
*Right punches the 25 character rule from the other side*

:P

Cherrim
October 15th, 2003, 02:54 PM
@_@ The 25 character rule is there for a reason. That way you can expand on your answers wherever possible. Maybe tell a story related to the topic.. I don't know. x_x;

:D I can write with both hands! However... if you want to actually READ my writing, then you'd have to read what I've written with my right hand. XD I can't do anything good with my left hand.

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"

John Denver
October 16th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Hehe, that's funny lightning

I knew of this one man who could write with both hands, he could write backwards and forwards. He could start on each side of the paper and come writing in the center....it was cool

BOO ya!

jynx
October 17th, 2003, 11:54 AM
I don't know o_O|||

Writing: Both hands , but 90% left 10%right
Sewing: Both hands, but left is slightly better
Basketball : Right hand
Badminton: Right hand
Cutting: Left hand
Using knives: Both, but right is slightly better than the left
Using a saw: Both, but right is slightly better
Using a mouse: Right
IT animation: Right
Drawing: Left
Painting: Left and sometimes right

@____________@||||||||||||||

Kairyu
January 17th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry for the revival of a ancient thread, I was about to make a new topic on this but then I found this one. So I'll just drop my two cents here.

From what I can tell I am semi-ambidextrous, but I'm more tuned to using my Left hand for most actions (only because I like to:P.) To help explain what I'm trying to say here's a small list of what I do with either hand:
Drawing/Painting: I can use either hand, it just depends which gets tired first.
Writing: I prefer using the left hand, I guess I write a little faster this way.
Using tools (example: scissors, knives, power tools, etc.): Right hand mostly
Eating: I use my left hand, but if the meal is big enough I could use both hands, lol. j/k

Yamichu
January 18th, 2004, 02:41 AM
I'm ambidextrous. I write good with my right and draw good with my left!

HORN!

The Vince Knight
January 18th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Always was a right handed never a left handed.

jynx
January 18th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Sorry for the revival of a ancient thread, I was about to make a new topic on this but then I found this one. So I'll just drop my two cents here.

From what I can tell I am semi-ambidextrous, but I'm more tuned to using my Left hand for most actions (only because I like to:P.) To help explain what I'm trying to say here's a small list of what I do with either hand:
Drawing/Painting: I can use either hand, it just depends which gets tired first.
Writing: I prefer using the left hand, I guess I write a little faster this way.
Using tools (example: scissors, knives, power tools, etc.): Right hand mostly
Eating: I use my left hand, but if the meal is big enough I could use both hands, lol. j/k
If someone is obviously using one hand for holding sharp objects or dangerous objects, he/she is that handed.

I suppose that you are right handed.

Kairyu
January 18th, 2004, 12:56 PM
If someone is obviously using one hand for holding sharp objects or dangerous objects, he/she is that handed.

I suppose that you are right handed.
That may be so, but nearly all the tools I use at work or at home are made for right handed people, so I adapted to it:). Oh and one small edit, I caught myself using my left to cut something with a pair of scissors, I guess I might be more of a lefty afterall:P..

Cosmos
January 18th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I am right handed. I always write with my right hand.

Roxas
January 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I'm right handed! me wright with the right! :laugh: i always wright with my right hand cause i'm right handed...duh....

H.A.W.K.
January 19th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Hmm. I 'm right handed! Yup yup yup! Me righty!

jynx
January 19th, 2004, 10:04 AM
That may be so, but nearly all the tools I use at work or at home are made for right handed people, so I adapted to it:). Oh and one small edit, I caught myself using my left to cut something with a pair of scissors, I guess I might be more of a lefty afterall:P..
OIC...
You must be a very clever person then^^

Though I use left hand for right hand siccors.

TVR
January 19th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I'm a lefty. I always color and write with my left. But I throw with my right and catch with my left (in baseball related sports.)^_^

PM2008
January 19th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I can write with both hands legibly but I am best with my right. :D

FYI: the number of lefties is increasing and soon half the population will be a lefty. :shocked:

100marios
January 19th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Right handed? Left handed? Let's see...

left hand: A cun/l baleeve A rute tris?,,,eheh,,,

right hand: I can't believe I wrote this!...hehe...

Yup! Definitely my right hand hehe....eheh,,,,,