PDA

View Full Version : General Anime and Manga fan club

Pages : [1] 2

Rose Flame
June 21st, 2004, 09:18 PM

oni flygon
June 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM
*serches for Fullmetal Alchemist...*

T_T;; No FMA? Awww... *sees LastExile* ^o^ Yay! I'll think about this..

oni flygon
June 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
It's PG-13 for violence and swearing and stuff...but Funimation already liscenced it...our Anime Club at my school used to show it but since Funimation liscenced it...well...

But since you got LastExile, I'm thinking about it... (Since I never actually finished it...)

Btw, my avatar is from the FMA manga and teh GIF image is from the FMA 3rd opening.

EDIT:

Fullmetal Alchemist has both Manga and Anime. Fortunately, FMA manga has not been liscenced yet.

Here's a brief summary: (taken from: fullmetal-alchemist.com)

Imagine a world in which Alchemy is not only possible, but used frequently. Alchemy, though, is a science, and with all sciences there are laws that must be followed. Welcome to the anime, Full Metal Alchemist. The story begins about two brothers, Alphonse (left) and Edward (right) Elric. Ever since they were young they had practiced the science of alchemy. You follow their journey of being alchemists and their quest to regain that which they have lost.

Their father was a well recognized alchemist, which is probably where their knack for it comes from. However, when they were young their father left, and they remained in the care of their mother. One day their mother died, and in their innocence and ignorance, they attempted what was forbidden, human alchemy.

What happened next, they were obviously not prepared for, and in the aftermath the brothers lost more than just their mother. In the freak accident Alphonse loses his body, and in a moment of panic Edward ties his brother's soul to a piece of armor. Edward himself loses an arm and a leg, a costly reminder of what has happend.

The story begins and details the brother's journey to find a alchemy amplifier so that they may return to their normal bodies.

oni flygon
June 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
I'm good at writing fanfictions of the Pokemon Special manga... *points status of being fanfic mod...* ^_^ I'd be honored to share my work... (though...do you accept shipping fanfics?)

Rose Flame
June 22nd, 2004, 06:30 PM
Shipping fanfics are fine; I myself specialize in Rocketshipping fanfics. The only rule for that section (besides the rule that applies for all the fanfiction, which is no over pg13 violence or swearing) is no hentai. You can hint at a sexual situation, and even go into a little bit of detail, just, nothing too graphic.:)

oni flygon
June 22nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Nothing too graphic? Oh that's fine... the only fanfic that I went too far was "Roommates" ahemsecondbase XD

Do you accept manga fanfictions? The Pokemon manga--where the characters are Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, etc etc...

Rose Flame
June 22nd, 2004, 07:20 PM
We'll accept anything under the PG13 rating, whether its based on anime or manga. Not sure what you're talking about with all those colors however... But if its pokemon, it should be fine.

The regular pokemon episodes are well under the PG13 rating...except for that one with James in the Bikini :D I think that I might get in big trouble if the principle walked into the room while James was, uh, messing with the size :embarrass I wish I knew what the rating was on Pokemon Housou. I'm working on finding episodes of that as well, and if I do, I'm definitely going to see if our webmaster has the skills needed to put up the full episodes on our site, that way members who can't make it to the school screenings and want to see them can just go to our website. Have to find them first though.

oni flygon
June 22nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
Colors? oh you mean the heroes in the Pokemon manga! The link in my sig (Pokespecial.tk) might give you some answers to what I mean.

You're showing the housou episodes? That's cool. Though, my interest for the Pokemon Anime has long been outshined by the manga...but I'll contribute anyway. ^_^

Rose Flame
June 22nd, 2004, 08:48 PM
I think I found a possible source for the housou eps, but I'm having trouble downloading them. See my thread in #free_pokemon "Pokemon Housou episode request" for more info. (note; the sources are not #free_pokemon channels; they are websites.)
Oh, and thanks oni for agreeing to contribute!

oni flygon
June 22nd, 2004, 09:00 PM
^_^ You're welcome! Just PM me if you want the fanfics!

June 23rd, 2004, 09:24 AM
hmm I could help with the photoshop stuff this fall since i just ordered the software, could also contribute fanfics and art...Anyways other animes/manga i would put would be "Here and There Then and Now," Blood the last vampire, Berserk (though i doubt your principle would like that), "Vampire Hunter D", and "Bloodlust," (only rated R for violence). The Slayers, slayers next and try too, one last one would be Initial D just an awesome anime (but the dub sucks big time) a good manga is Maison Ikkoku. Also that sucks it cant be "R" rated I mean you leave out Evangelion and Akira!

I have access to tons of anime and manga. I could post it on my site and you could dl it i suppose or i could just snail mail it to you ^^ (but youd have to return it lol) A great anime and manga resource site is www.anipike.com, its been up for quite a long time and has access to fansites official sites everything. Im sure you could find stuff there for the site. Sorry this is gettin real long lol. You could do a installment once a month too about voice actors (im a nut about em) interview different peeps from diff animes. Just a suggestion!

Finnally (i promise this is the last thing) ever consider having a webstation? I was thinking of buying some space off of Live365.com (i recently purchased pirate radio software for my schools band) but I could just as easily convert it too anime use. You could play anime music and even have radio interviews or live broadcasts! I think the price per month is about $25. Anyways just a suggestion! Ill post back here later...

Oni Flygon isnt Full Metal Alchemist a video game as well?

Ryoutarou
June 23rd, 2004, 09:26 AM
I'm surprised no one has yet to mention www.animenewsnetwork.com it's really good

June 23rd, 2004, 09:35 AM
yeah i forgot all about that ^^ thanks blue

Ryoutarou
June 23rd, 2004, 09:52 AM
So um..what do you have to do to join?

oni flygon
June 23rd, 2004, 12:21 PM
Oni Flygon isnt Full Metal Alchemist a video game as well?

Yes it is...originaly it was a manga then turned into an anime...however, I don't think the video game is as good as the anime/manga itself...they've took out the glory of the graphics of the anime and replaced with some cheesy graphics...

June 23rd, 2004, 08:27 PM
hmm yeah that sounds interesting...your gif looks kinda cool too ill have to go check it out! ^^ any suggestions or good sites or should i just start scouring the web for info?

Rose Flame
June 24th, 2004, 03:24 AM
So um..what do you have to do to join?

Instructions for joining are in that really long paragraph that opened the thread :)

Thanks for offering your services, 003! I could really use the help of someone as enthusiastic as you are in building a great website and magazine. As far the photoshop stuff goes, that might be a lot of work; we need a picture to divide each anime section, not to mention each genre. And the more anime people add, the more work that'll be added. But if you want to do it, I'd be very happy to let you. That was one of our biggest problems right there.

I'll look up some info on the anime you suggested and see if they're alright. I have seen Blood the Last Vampire, though, and as long as its not rated R, I think it'll be ok. See, my principle says that there is a strict rule that nothing R can be shown in school; but that doesn't mean we can't cover it in our website and magazine ^_^ (at least, I hope not).

And if any of you guys are interested in looking up info (like little known facts about anime, how to contact voice actors and directors, when new anime is coming out, stuff like that), the help would be greatly appreciated. The other officers are more concerned about taking their summer break than they are about getting this ready by the time school starts up again, so I'm really the only one doing much work on it right now. And, though I can't say for sure, I might be able to give you guys special positions, if you're willing to work ^_^. When everything's up and running, I'm expecting there to be a lot of fanworks submitted (though currently there are only a handful of authors and writers), and I might need help going through everything and editting it (not only am I the president of the club, I'm also the editor of the magazine and website). There's also a lot of material everyone wants covered that is hard for me to do by myself.

If anyone else is interested in helping out, these are the tasks I'm working on now;
Finding Pokemon Housou (Hoso?) episodes
Finding Japanese translators
Making the art for the website (I think 003 might have that covered)
Thinking of creative names for the awards for the fanworks (I.E best in horror section, Most Horror-able)
Thinking of fundraisers
Finding out how to put video downloads on the website
Contacting Voice actors for interviews (already contacted Eric Stuart, Crispin Freeman, Veronica Taylor; Only Eric Stuart has replied)
Contacting Directors of Anime (either dub directors or original directors, which might be hard)
Finding magazine paper for cheaper than retail (MUCH cheaper; the cheapest paper I've found was 20$ for 100 sheets)
Contacting people like 4kids and asking their permission to show their shows (so that we don't get sued)
Finding other hard-to-find Japanese media, like songs, radio dramas, japanese versions of anime that are dubbed.

There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm not really sure what a webstation is,003. You'd probably have to ask the webmistress about that. I'll have to ask her if I can post her e-mail here, though if I can, I can't promise she'll respond. Like I said before, this isn't really her top priority right now.

Here's some websites I've found helpful;
www.Reacteur.com - French search engine. But you may have to know a little french to use it. Helpful though. I think they have more anime translated over there
www.search.com -searches through google, lycos, all the major search engines
www.pokebip.com - supposedly has some Housou downloads. I couldn't get to them. Kept encountering errors. Maybe you guys will have more luck. They should be under TELECHARGEMENT, which means downlaod(s) in French. (click on LISTE DE TELECHARGEMANT)
www.tvtome.com-has general info on just about any tv series you can think of. There's also a Movietome.com, I think.

And, oni, I talked to the other officers, and we agreed to add full metal alchemist to the list. Wow, this turned out a lot longer than I intended. Sorry about that, guys, hope I didn't bore you :)

June 24th, 2004, 04:12 AM
a webstation is like a radio station on the web. People can tune in and listen just like a regular AM/FM radio station. You create your own playlists etc. either through third partys like live365.com or hosting it through your comp. You can also do live broadcasts. Its pretty cool my band and I were gonna buy some airspace but the rest of the guys are kinda cheap :P.

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 07:10 AM
ok i have a friend who is in the dubbing indestry. His name is mike pollack i know him from toonzone fourms he does the voices of eggman on sonic x and micolangelo on TMNT. here is his profile page

http://forums.toonzone.net/member.php?userid=5194

Rose Flame
June 24th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Sonic X and michaelangelo are Anime? I've never watched or heard of them, so I'll either look them up or you can tell me about them. But I'm assuming that since they're dubbed, they are. That's cool that you know someone who works on dubbing. Maybe you could get us some inside info on what the process is, blue.

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Wait you've never heard of sonic X? i dont even watch the dub and i know about it.

Rose Flame
June 24th, 2004, 09:35 AM
:embarrass The channels I get are kind of limited, so most of the Anime I see i get from our local hastings or order off the internet (I live in a very small town-population=about 16,000). I watch as many anime as I can get my hands on, but I'm still very behind the times :disappoin

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 09:47 AM
It's on foxbox which is on fox...

Rose Flame
June 24th, 2004, 04:07 PM
It's on foxbox? Don't know why I haven't seen it then... Is it new or something? Hmmm...Well, I'll see if I can find out what time it shows in my area, and I'll check into it.^_^ I don't know about you guys, but the only anime channels available to me are cartoon network and kids wb. I remember reading about an Anime Network that you could get if you had satellite telivision...that sounded cool.

So, has anyone found anything of interest? I found a person in France who has the two team rocket housou pokemon specials. She's/He's going to e-mail me once they fix the links on the website that allow you to download them. I'll keep you up to date on this subject. I also sent off the interview questions for Eric Stuart this afternoon. I'll let you guys know when I get them back.

One more thing; Oni, your the only one so far who hasn't chosen a username. Would you like to just use "Oni Flygon"? ^_^

Ryoutarou
June 25th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Umm...anime channel is only avaliable in 15 cities in the usa so it's really really hard to find...

oni flygon
June 25th, 2004, 11:04 AM
One more thing; Oni, your the only one so far who hasn't chosen a username. Would you like to just use "Oni Flygon"? ^_^

Yeah! Oni Flygon would be fine...btw, if you want my fanfics, you should PM me and I'll give them to you.

June 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Rose, im gonna be gone for the next two weeks in Charleston SC but ill post if i find a comp. post some ideas on what you would want fro the site (in terms of menus etc.)

Rose Flame
June 27th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Menus? Hmmm... I haven't really thought about that all that much. Are talking about how it's all setup? If so, then check out the homepage on www.DavidBowie.com; I like the way that one's set up. Its really easy to navigate through all of the info. I don't know if this is relevent, but we're setting up the magazine by sections depending on the genre of the anime or mangas that are included, and we've color coded each genre so that it will be easy to flip to the section you want to see. The code is as follows

Blue-Horror
Yellow-Comedy/Drama
Green-Sci Fi/Fantasy
Pink-Romance
Children's/Multi-genre/Other-Red

A little screwy, I know. But we've only got five editors including myself, and a lot of material to cover, so I figured that the easiest way to do it would be to give each officer a section to edit and then submit them to me and the webmaster for publication. As soon as I get their permission, I'll post their E-mail addresses here so that anyone who wants to publish their work can send it to the appopriate editor. I myself am the editor of the red section, so you can go ahead and send any fanworks in that genre to me; i.e shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball/Z/GT/, Teen Titans (though I'm not sure if it really is an anime; but it was voted in by the majority), Saiyuki, Cowboy Bebop, or any anime that you write/draw that isn't listed in the list in the opening post.

Back to the subject of the website menus; I'm having trouble deciding on a good way to dispay fanworks, you know? Whether to list them by Genre, then author, or Genre, then Series, then author, or by series then author, or just by author (does that make any sense?). I'm open to suggestions.

And one more thing; do any of you think it would be a good idea to have an anime/manga news section? It might take some extra work...

EDIT:
No one's posted here in a while...oh well. The webmistress told me that she was going to post some info, and I've really been bugging her to, but she has yet to do so. For some reason, she thinks that anyone who's a member of the PokeCommunity is a pokemon obsessed freak. She's impossible sometimes. Guess I'll be handling her work for a while. I swear, getting her to work is like pulling teeth (no offense Firefly). Well, anyway, even though she is reluctant to post here, she has asked me to give you guys her e-mail address. Please do not try to contact her at the e-mail address that she has registered with the site, because I'm telling you right now that she doesn't now and doesn't ever intend to check it. Her Penname is Firefly and her e-mail is [email protected] . If you have any sci-fi/fantasy fanworks, send them to her (or if you're a bit wary about sending your stuff to someone who hasn't even posted here, you can send it to me. I'm the head editor anyway; by sending it to me, you'd only be skipping a step. Just make sure that, from now on, you mark the following on any and all fanworks submitted (please note that you should only send in fanworks if you've contacted me about registering as member) Penname, Genre of Anime/Manga (NOT of the story itself) Name of the Anime/Manga Chapter (if its a story). Well, now on to other things, things that don't stress me out so much ^_^

Let's all congragulate Oni Flygon; he has recently accepted the offer to be our sixth and final editor! He will be editting the purple section; the action/adventure section.

I'd also like to extend an offer to 003: Since you seem to be interested in building the website, how would you like to help firefly with the construction? After all, we could have both a webmaster and a webmistress. Also, if you would like to do this and you want more information about how we want the site to look, or you want to contribute some ideas, you can either e-mail me
( [email protected] ) or PM me. Believe me, your input will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I also remeber you mentioning something about being in a band (that was you, right?). We're thinking that, if we can get permission from the principle, we'll have like a mini anime convention at the end of the upcoming school year. If you're music is, umm... hmmm... how to put this... If its not offensive, then perhaps you'd like to send us a cd/cassette closer to the event time to play during the convention? Just a thought.

Also, I had thought I found some housou episodes to add to our very, very limited library, but the downloads I got turned out to be very flawed. I'm still on the hunt.

Sent off the interview questions to Eric Stuart almost a week and a half ago; no respone yet, but I'm sure he'll come through.

Firefly
July 2nd, 2004, 08:52 PM
Howdy :D
I'm firefly (you know the person roseflame was talking about) well anyway i am going to be doing to website and the sci-fi/fantasy section for the anime club so if you have any tips, suggestions, information, fanstuff ect.... then you can send it to me at [email protected] i will probly reply and dont worry i don't bite :D

July 3rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
sorry i havent been on for a while im still on vacation just now found a comp (stupid branch library) anyhoo yeah that sounds great rose :) id love to help with the web design. I dont know how much help i could be though lol at least until i get photoshop and some other art programs. THen i could design some kick butt menus or backgrounds, buttons, etc. ANd yeah id be happy to send you a cd :P we arent much for vocals though...

Rose Flame
July 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Yay! Firefly finally posted! Guess she came to her seneses :) . Nice to see you back online 003. Great that you've accepted the position as our second and final webmaster. And maybe we'll be hearing some of your music closer to the convention time (if it gets approved) or before if you want. Anyway guys, sorry if my last post was offensive or anything. I was in a really bad mood when I posted it, so I don't doubt that it might say something that might upset someone. But I'll try not to post when I'm upset in the future ^_^. So, does anyone have any ideas for the magazine/website appearences, organization, or anime that you would like included? I just picked up an issue of Newtype USA yesterday, and I was reading about this new series called RahXephon (well, at least, it's new to me). It looks kinda like a sci-fi/romance, but I'm not sure what the rating is. Oh, and has anyone heard anything about Saiyuki Reload ?

Also, I was thinking; for the magazine (and maybe the website too) we had decided a few months ago, I believe, that our first issue (and/or update) would introduce all of the members that we have at the moment, each with their seperate pages; including a picture, a short profile (similar to the one you fill out for the PokeCommunity), their penname (no real-names, not even for members within the school), and what they do (i.e, fan fiction writer, fanartist, webmaster, editor). I was thinking that, if I could talk the other officers into it, we could all dress up in anime costumes for our photographs. Of course, for online members, we wouldn't require this, though you could if you wanted to, send us your real picture. But if your uncomfortable doing that, then you could always just send a unique picture of an anime character to represent you. But its your choice; yourself or a character to represent you. I'd be glad to answer any questions on this subject.

(by the way ASHLEY, you shouldn't use my real name on websites. That's the point of alias' like Rose Flame and Firefly.)

EDIT;
I was just looking through the other club pages and discovered something many of them have that this one should also have; a members list. So, here it is. Members who are also members of the pokecomminity are in blue, and members that are outside (not including those who preregistered) are in green.

Rose Flame.....................................President/editor of red section
ChunkeyHunkeyMunkey.....................Vice President/editor of blue section
Fairy..............................................Secretary/editor of pink section
Sk8erboi.........................................Treasurer
Firefly.............................................Webmistress
003................................................Webmaster
Oni Flygon.......................................editor of purple section
Sean..............................................editor of yellow section
Takai (The Adamant Dodger)..............Freaky Gothic/Supernatural style author
blue...............................................member
jellie...............................................member

For anyone who only has "member" by their name, I'd like to tell you that, since its so early, we still have a few positions to be filled. PM me for more info.

~Ozy~
July 8th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Okay, a couple things. I did layout for my school's paper last year, if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. One thing I can tel you is to IMMEDIATELY standardize seperate fonts and font sizes for body text, captions, breakout quotes, primary, secondary and tertiary headlines, and bylines. Also, a few other pointers:
-Do your utmost to get everything lined up properly. It makes everything look so much better.
-NEVER greybox a featured item.
-If you have two seperate items in an identical layout (i.e. two columns that are seperate stories) seperate them by a line running between them.
That's about all I can think of for now, again, ask me if you have any other issues. Finally, I'd recommend Adobe Pagemaker for designing the magazine layout, it's a bit frustrating at times, but it gets the job done.

P.S. Could you use my current avatar for my representation?

Rose Flame
July 8th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Oh Gawd, Adobe Pagemaker; that brings back memories from my year on the yearbook staff *shudders*. Let's just say my pages came out less than perfect. :embarrass

That program IS very frustrating. But, your right, it probably would work best for the magazine layout. It sounds like you really know what your talking about; we could sure use your help working on the layout. Now, I have taken a few journalism classes, and I do know what all those terms are that you've listed, but , what do you mean when you say to "standardize seperate fonts and font sizes"?

(And when you ask to use your current avatar for your representation, are you referring to the pages that will have member profiles that I mentioned earlier in the thread? If that's what you mean, that avatar should be fine. :) )

~Ozy~
July 9th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Have a definate style guide for each of those seperate things. I think ours went something like:
Body text: 10 pt. Times
Breakout quotes: 16 pt. Ariel black
Main byline (name): 10 pt. Ariel bold
All lines: 1 pt. stroke
Secondary byline (position): 9 pt. Ariel
Main headlines: 48 pt. Times
Seondary headlines: 36 pt. Times
Tertiary headlines: 24-30 pt. Times
Captions: 10 pt. Ariel bold

And yes, I was referring to the member profiles with the whole "Representation" thing.

July 9th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Hey. When did you want to start putting everything together by Rose? by the begining of the school year? Im sorta talking out layouts and such with firefly now. Just sent her an email. Anyways you mentioned RayXephon above. Its like you would suspect with the romance and such but its got a not so twisted neon genesis vibe to it. They have a movie (all that ive seen) for it too. Another anime you could possible cover is the first .hack//SIGN anime the confusing one not the more watered down version on now (legend of the twilight). MMORPGs and the whole world within a world theme is just really unique i think. (big PhantasyStarOnline fan here woo dreamcast!)

edit: For the members area I think it would be better if everyone had an anime char for their pic. I mean id send in my real pic still but it wouldnt go with half the peeps choosing anime and the other the real deal. Just a thought... :\

Rose Flame
July 10th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I had hoped we could have the website all together by the beginning of the school year (which would be around mid-August for us), if that's possible. The only thing Firefly needs to start construction was, I believe, Adobe go-live. I'm working on finding a way to get it. But once we get a hold of that, construction can really begin.

Actually, I've seen .hack//SIGN. I wasn't too crazy about it, but it's within the pg13 rating, so we can include it. And as for the representation...you're probably right. It wouldn't flow well if some people had real photos while others didn't, so yeah, we'll just do that. It's not that big of a deal, since I still hadn't talked the other officers into dressing up in costumes. In fact, the VP told the Webmistress that if she ever sunk that low, she would put her out of her misery :) . I suppose I was really the only one into the idea in the first place.

Oh, and one more thing, we've opened another thread while you've been out, 003. We discuss the fanworks and guidelines there. It's at "(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club". You might want to take a look at it.

~Ozy~
July 10th, 2004, 08:29 PM
If you're looking for a nice anime, I'd suggest Fruits Basket. It's pretty good, and quite funny, actually. Manages to mix a good amount of "touching" scenes in as well. I cried about Hatori-san's past. I think it might be 16-plus in technicality, but I can't think of anything that would really make it any worse than any PG-13 stuff.

Rose Flame
July 10th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Fruit Basket? I've never heard of it. If it is 16+, we defiintely won't be able to show it at school screenings or add it to our official library. The principal has told me that there is a strict rule that nothing over a PG13 rating can be shown at school. He didn't tell me, however, that we couldn't cover it in our magazine and website. There are several anime on the list that are 15+ or 16+ that I'm going to try to get him to leave on the list. But I suppose that this really doesn't affect you, seeing as you don't go to my school :). But I will check into Fruit Basket.

You know, I just bought this Revolutionary Girl Utena DVD from our local hastings. I've heard good things about it. Anyone seen it before?

~Ozy~
July 10th, 2004, 08:53 PM
No, I haven't but I have a couple fangirls in our school. They all love it. Anyway, Fruits Basket is great. If you can get your principal to check it out I think he'd approve it. I've had to do the same thing with Lain.

Rose Flame
July 10th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Well, it's not as simple as that. Actually, we're getting a new principal this year. He used to be our Vice Principle, but he's moving up since our most recent principal retired to be a dairy farmer (?). Anyway, he's trying to not upset the flow of things too much. In fact, we're very lucky he approved it at all."Change makes people uneasy", was what he kept telling me again and again. He also told me that if anything is shown that's over PG13, no matter what it is, we would lose our club and, depending on what we showed, the school could get sued. They're really tight with their regulations.

oni flygon
July 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Hm...you have quite a considerate principal...our principal found the anime club in our school as "weird" ...XD

~Ozy~
July 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I've been somewhat lucky with my principals, they're all cool. My current one speaks semi-fluent Japanese and wtaches some anime, so we love him.

Anyway, I'm not sure on the 16 rating, I'll check next time I'm at Suncoast.

Rose Flame
July 11th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Our newest principal really liked the idea, but he's trying to be careful, this next year being his first as principal. But he was really into the idea. He even said that perhaps, if all goes well, we could have an animation class by the time I'm a senior.

~Ozy~
July 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. When my middle school swapped principals, we had a whole batch of rule-tightening. But it's nice that he seemed into the idea, that's pretty rare in my experience.

oni flygon
July 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Hmm...I'm hoping that our Anime club pubilicity officer in my school would do a great job of publicizing the anime club. Spread the goodness of FMA! XD

July 11th, 2004, 09:36 PM
hmm ill have to take a looksee at that thread, we never got to have cool clubs (or weird in oni's case) like the anime club at our school. Our principle was very strict about that kinda stuff. Ive never heard of fruit baskets, has it been out for a while? An idea for showing 16+ anime in your school: you could just show certain eps, or edit past the nudity, etc. i dunno if your principle would approve of that though still. Also i saw a great anime the other day called The Super Milk Chan Show. its pretty disturbing but in a funny way. I cant think of it being rated higher than PG-13 but it does have guns and a cussing so i dunno if that stuff is forbidden too...

On another note did you really want a cd of the band im in? all we have is a demo cd we burned at the school so theres girls screaming in between songs and Chaeton randomly talking about the songs lol

Finnaly heres a website i put up a while ago about a racing group my freinds and I started for fun (and sheer boredom), its not much to look at since its all done with basic HTML but i suppose its worth a look: http://www.geocities.com/kogabuntaracing

Rose Flame
July 12th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Sure, 003. It'd be great if you wanna send us a demo. If we can get approval for it, we're going to put together a mini convention at the end of the school year, and I think It'd be nice if we could have some original music to play. If you really don't mind sending it, I'll PM you the address you can send it to.

I've heard a lot about the Super Milk-Chan Show from other forums, mostly good things. They say it's kinda along the same lines as Family Guy and South Park, but I wouldn't know, since I've never seen it. I've also read about it in NewType USA. Oh, and I was wondering, has anyone heard of Gungrave and Dead Leaves?

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions on how to conduct school meetings, if anyone has any.

~Ozy~
July 12th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Gungrave I've heard of, it's supposed to be pretty good. Dead Leaves, no.

Anyway, about meetings:
-Don't do just anime. If you can find a way, do a caligraphy day, or Go day. Both are fun, and it's often better to do more than just anime.
-If you have a local Japanese district, visit it. Do a field trip there once or twice a year.
-Try to find some guest speakers. Anyone from VA's to exchange students. There's a lot of interesting stuff to talk about.
-Finally, have parties. I don't mean just school-sponsored ones, find someone who'd be willing to let however many people have a party at their house. There is where you can watch the stuff that your school says is forbiddern. Granted, your club is a lot larger than mine, so you might have trouble with loction, but it's a great experience.

Rose Flame
July 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
It might be a good idea to have special days where we take a break from anime and manga...

A Japanese district? :D If you only knew how very small our town is. But it is a good idea. We do occasionally get a foreign exchange student (the operative word being "a"), but they're usually from Germany. And VA's are hard to get a hold of, but it is worth the effort.

And the parties sound good in theory, but there are few people that have houses big enough to contain 50+ people, including me. Good ideas though.

~Ozy~
July 12th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I live near Denver, so I have no idea what small town life is like. Anyway, it wasn't all that hard for me to find a VA. A guy at the anime booth at Sakura Matsuri gave me his name. I talked to him, he came in for an afternoon. Good times were had by all.

Ah, and a bit of good news. Fruits Basket is unrated.

Rose Flame
July 12th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I went to Denver near the end of April for a David Bowie concert. It's a beautiful town. Have you ever been to the tattered cover book store? It's huge! And I could have sworn I saw Bowie browsing in the NY Times Bestseller's the day of the concert, but that may have only been wishful thinking ^_^.

So Fruits Basket is unrated?Hmmm... don't know what to make of that. I suppose that I could ask our principal to take a look at it. Who knows, he may take a liking to it and approve it for screening.

~Ozy~
July 12th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Tattered Cover is one of my favorite places in the world. One of the few independent bookstores with both selection AND personality.

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I walked over there after going to, I believe it was, Tower Records. It did have quite a nice selection, but it was hard to browse through the books since the store was so crowded. Is it always really crowded? It was espescially cogested on the bottom floor where I thought I spotted Bowie; of course, that could have been the reason now that I think about it...Anyway, I could use some help thinking of ways to earn some money for the club, if anyone has any ideas.

Ryoutarou
July 13th, 2004, 09:48 AM
I went to Denver near the end of April for a David Bowie concert. It's a beautiful town. Have you ever been to the tattered cover book store? It's huge! And I could have sworn I saw Bowie browsing in the NY Times Bestseller's the day of the concert, but that may have only been wishful thinking ^_^.

So Fruits Basket is unrated?Hmmm... don't know what to make of that. I suppose that I could ask our principal to take a look at it. Who knows, he may take a liking to it and approve it for screening.
It's got nothing bad in it just a little cussing which i would rate pg-13. it's allso one of the best dubs for a anime ever.

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I'll take a look at it and see if it's appropriate since everyone seems to like it so much.

Ryoutarou
July 13th, 2004, 10:17 AM
It depends on what school you go to...if it's a high school there should be no problem at all with showing it...if it's a middle school maybe only the older kids could watch it...I still say you should show Grave of the FIreflys.

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 10:29 AM
We all go to a high school, so maybe we could show it. I've seen Grave of the Fireflies; there should be no problem with that one. Are these pictures from the fruits baskets you're all speaking of? I just want to make sure that I'm getting the right series.

~Ozy~
July 13th, 2004, 10:59 AM
TC isn't always crowded, just on most weekends.

Anyway, yeah, show GotF, I love it. I'd recommend Battle Royale if it wasn't horribly violent and containd large amounts of obscenities. It's excellent. Anyway, FB has small amounts of cussing, mainly from Kyo. But nothing horrible. There's a slight amount of homoeroticism, at least in the manga. A crossdresing scene as well, so if that might offend anyone...Anyway, I don't see any pics.

As for fundraising, craft stuff can be good. Make some paper cranes,they usually sell well. I can get instructions to make these really nice paper-covered eggs. I love them, and judging from the money my club raised, the general populace does as well. Otherwise I caan't think of much except a yearly due. I'd suggest tying it to food access, onigiri in particular.

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 05:30 PM
What's onigiri?
I was thinking of doing a bakesale, but those never seem to work out as planned. In fact, in the past, I've ended up doing most of the baking, which is no fun.>_<

I don't know if paper cranes would go over all that great since we have a few crafts classes; I mean, if they wanted paper cranes, they could just get some from their friends for free or take the class themselves. But maybe if we added something, like putting candy in the bottum, or having a contest of some sort (i.e person with the winning number on the bottum wins a prize). The paper covered eggs do sound interesting too.

~Ozy~
July 13th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Onigiri are rice balls, and quite delicios when properly made. Particularly with a seaweed topping and salmon center...*drools*

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Ooo.. rice balls? I like that idea! Do you happen to have a recipe? I've no idea how to make them.

~Ozy~
July 13th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I'll try to get my friend's, he has a magic touch. Anyway, I think the main trick is molding them correctly. Actually, I seem to have found a recipie on my comppy.

Ingredients:

cooked rice (use short-grain rice)
filling - salty, pickled plum, grilled salmon, tuna fish mixed with mayonnaise sauce *Whatever you like, you can choose as filling
salt
dry seaweed sheet (Nori)

Method of preparing onigiri:

Cook rice according to the recipe of the back of the rice bag.

Prepare some water in a bowl. Wet your hands in the water and sprinkle a little of salt on the palms.

While the rice is warm, place a handful of rice on the palms.

Place your favourite filling in the centre of rice and form rice in a triangular shape by tossing the rice in the hands. Make sure the filling comes inside of the rice ball.

Cut dry seaweed sheet in strip. Wrap around the rice balls with the dry seaweed sheet strip.

Tips for preparing them in different ways

To make a triangular shape, hold one hand with the palm side up and hold the other hand in a mountain shape over the palm of the other hand.

You can also wrap the rice balls with dry seaweed sheet just before eating them, so that the seaweed sheet is nice and crispy!

Anyway, the seaweed sheet isn't required, I'd actually recommend sprinkling a bit of sesame seed on top. They're best served warm, by the way.

Rose Flame
July 13th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks. I'll definitely have to try out that recipe. But I do have a question; Aren't rice balls sometimes served as a desert?

~Ozy~
July 13th, 2004, 07:48 PM
I don't know, I haven't heard that.

Ryoutarou
July 14th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks. I'll definitely have to try out that recipe. But I do have a question; Aren't rice balls sometimes served as a desert?

Yea, becuse they can be filled with choclet or other types of fillings.

Rose Flame
July 14th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Chocolate in rice balls? Hmm.. doesn't sound very appetizing. Is it good, though?

~Ozy~
July 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
From what I know, the Japanese have put choclate on just about everything, regardless of whether it'll taste good.

Rose Flame
July 16th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Just thought of this, and I realized I hadn't metioned it before. This seems sort of off topic, but it's important that you guys know; I am NOT the final authority on whether your work gets published or not. This is how it works;
(1)work is sent to appropriate editor
(2)editor sends approved works to me for editting (spelling mistakes, misuse of words, etc)
(3)editted works go to our sponsor for approval and any further polishing
(4)Final draft of magazine and website materials goes through principal for final approval.
Alright, got that taken care of.

Well, I decided to delete my last message since it seemed kind of pointless after firefly deleted her mistakes. But I kept the above instructions because I thought they were important.

Okay, I thought I'd ask a new question. Does anyone have any specific ideas for the layout of the magazine and website?

Firefly
July 18th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Well guys rose said this thread is getting kind of cold so i thought i should post i will be nice this time. I am kind of at a loss of what to talk about because rose covered almost everything so lets talk about cows because i saw this weird video game for the game cube and i think you get to take care of a cow but i forgot what it was called.

~Ozy~
July 18th, 2004, 01:20 PM
I assume you speak of Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life. Excellet game, and a nice break from sword-swinging, gun-toting action. It's a lot like a more in-depth version of Animal Crossing.

Rose Flame
July 18th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I've heard of Harvest moon, but I never played it. I have, however, played Animal Crossing. It wasn't great, but it was ok. Out of curiosity, are these Japanese games?

~Ozy~
July 18th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Japanese-made, yes. But you don't have to import 'em or anything.

Rose Flame
July 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Well, if that's the case, we can add them to the list of video games to cover in our website/magazine, that is, if you want to. It's kind of your decision since that's your section.

~Ozy~
July 18th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, problem is, there isn't really a whole lot you can do with games like that. Not much action or plot. They're fun to play, but hard to write stories about. But if nyone wants to send one in, they can. I really don't care what game it's based on.

Rose Flame
July 19th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Actually, there's also a rating restiction on what video games we can cover, but it's not nearly as tight as the anime/manga restriction. We just can't cover "M" rated games, because those can get pretty raunchy (have you heard of "Gothic", I believe it was?). But those two games probably fall within the rating. Like I said before, we may be able to cover some 16+ rating at best, but most definitely nothing higher than that. And even if we're allowed to cover 16+ material, we probably won't be able to screen it.

Also, I'm trying to draw up the design of the magazine, with a bit of trouble. Do you have any ideas how it should be designed? The only thing we've decided for sure is that the sections will be color coded.

~Ozy~
July 19th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Well, I can't really think of anything I can describe all that well online. My main question at this point is what kind of graphics will be used during the stories, as illustrations or the like, mainly to break the monotony.

Rose Flame
July 19th, 2004, 09:36 AM
003 was supposed to be working on the graphics for the website, but I haven't heard from him in a while. And as for the magazine graphics...To be honest, I have'nt the foggiest. I'm open to suggestions :embarrass

~Ozy~
July 19th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Seeing as how you probably don't have any illustrators, just fan artists, I'd recommend interspersing the fan art and the stories, as in put a piece of fan art mixed in with a somewhat related story/article.

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 09:55 AM
That would work if we had any fanartists, but currently, we only have a few authors signed up. Though we are accepting fanart, we have'nt recieved any, nor do we have anyone interested in sending in any. I'm considering going to the fanart forums (and possibly the fanfiction forums) and seeing if I can generate some interest among some of the more avid artists, though I don't know as that would be permitted.

Alright, I have an important announcement: If all goes well, construction on the website will begin very soon; in the next two or three weeks at most if everything works out. So we need to get some things wrapped up;

to 003; we haven't recieved any art for the website from you so far. We'll need some soon if you want your work included. Firefly's address is a few pages back and so is mine. And if you still want to send me a demo of your bands music, I'd prefer you send it to me via e-mail at [email protected] . If need an idea of what we want, PM me.

to Oni Flygon and The Adamant Dodger; editors of the purple and black section; be ready to accept possibly a flood of fanworks soon before school starts. I think your e-mail addresses are already listed, so I can think of anything I need from you right now, other than ideas for the format of the magazine and the website if you'd like.

I think Firefly's supposed to be posting...

Firefly
July 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
Hello people tommorow 2 of our other editors are going to be posting here so i guess you will get some new people to talk to (doesn't that just make you happy)

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM
That's right! ChunckyMuncky and Fairy are posting; they're the editors of the Horror section and the Romance section

oni flygon
July 21st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Ack! Sorry I wasn't here guys...XP

Lots of summer school work dragged me down...so...is everything doing fine? No editing work yet? O-o

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 06:52 PM
Not that I can see! *smiles and nods* But according to Ms. Flame, we might get some towards the start of the school year.

oni flygon
July 21st, 2004, 06:55 PM
Not that I can see! *smiles and nods* But according to Ms. Flame, we might get some towards the start of the school year.

Towards the school year? O_o *gulps*

At that time, I'm going to be pretty much active only in weekends...strict parents, you see... XP

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 06:56 PM
Actually, I have editted the work you guys sent me. I'll post it either here or on the other thread if you guys want (and if that's allowed).

oni flygon
July 21st, 2004, 06:56 PM
I think it's allowed. Though there's a character limit and my fanfic needs to broken down to two parts... O_o

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Alright then, I'll go ahead and post yours here, only...Is there anyway for me to post it without having to type it all over again?

And Firefly, are you still online? What time are we going to do this tomarro?

Well, if she doesn't reply, I'll call her tomarro after Driver's Ed. and I'll tell you all what time we'll all be online (but do keep in mind that we're in the Mountain Time zone)

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry, but I won't be here tomorrow. In fact, I won't be back 'till Aug. 5th.

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM
Really? That certainly puts a damper on things...well, we'll figure out something. If nothing else, I'll PM you once you get back with anything new, because the four of us will probably decide some things that won't be discussed here tomarro that you might need to know.

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 07:08 PM
Okay. Actually, I might be on briefly between then, but not fo long enough to really help with anything. Anyway, I'll see you then and I'll be looking for that PM.

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM
Alright then. Have a nice time...doing whatever it is you're doing ^_^. Perhaps when you get back, I'll see if I can get those two online again so that all of the editors know each other, but even getting Firefly to post here is like pulling teeth :P .

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 07:26 PM
Squeeee! I'm going to Japan! Happy! Anyway, yeah, it'd be nice to get to know the others.

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Your going to Japan! :surprised You are sooo lucky! :) Hey, maybe while you're there, you could try to tape some Pokemon Housou for us? Every where that I've found it, its been damaged and won't play right. Just a thought..

Well, see you in about a week. Have fun you lucky...guy...you ;) .

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Two weeks, actually.

Eh, I could try. If I find a Region 1 or NTSC format DVD, I'll pick it up.

Rose Flame
July 21st, 2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks! I did read that they were on sale there too, but who wants to buy it when you can tape it for free? ^_^.

So...not one but TWO weeks in Japan *turns green*...

~Ozy~
July 21st, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yep! Takayama, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Tokyo. Anyway, I'd prefer to buy them, because a) I don't have a VCR and b) Region 1 blank tape wouldn't work there, and I couldn't watch Reigon 3 taped material here.

Rose Flame
July 22nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
Oh :embarrass didn't realize that. Well, I hope you find some. I've been dying to see those Team Rocket specials.

You're hitting some pretty big towns. As much as I'd love to visit Japan, I think I'd be miserable in such crowded places. I like to keep a certain degree of personal space in public. Plus, don't they drive on the opposite side of the road?*shudders* I could do some major damage over there!

Attention: Me, Firefly, Fairy, and ChunckyMuncky will all be posting here at the same time this afternoon starting between 1:00 and 2:00 pm (that's mountain time) if you need a reference point to determine what time it would be in your zone, than I'll tell you that I editted this post at 12:45pm, if that helps

chunckymonkey
July 22nd, 2004, 12:13 PM
Hallo jeder den Sie mich kennen nicht, und gut ich kenne Sie entweder nicht, aber ich hoffen, da wir Spa haben, sprechen mit einander! Ich werde Leuchtkfer aus auf der Website helfen und ich werde irgendein von Ihren Fragen ebenso lang beantworten als sie sind nicht dumm. Just kidding i know english!

Rose Flame
July 22nd, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hey, you've finally posted! Your avatar is cute...but what does all that up there say?

chunckymonkey
July 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
If you want to know what it said take german i swear i wasn't being mean

Rose Flame
July 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Well, I must admit that I was hoping our "meeting" would be more beneficial. But, since it wasn't, what can you do? Ok, we all really should start getting things finished up. The summer is almost over. What I need is ideas for the organization for the magazine/website. That's what I really need. So, even though The Adamant Dodger won't be here for a little while, is anyone else going to post?

Firefly
July 23rd, 2004, 01:47 PM
One of the other editors didn't post because for some reason they wouldn't let her and isn't every person going to organize their own section?

Rose Flame
July 23rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
We have to have a consistent design, and granted, each editor will take care of their own section, but we all have to agree on one design that we'll all use. Otherwise, it would look pretty tacky. The same goes for the website.

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Alright, I said I wouldn't be here for a while, but my hotel has a public computer. So hi!

Anyway, as far as design, images are necessary. Period. I really don't care where they come from, but line after line of text is awful looking and hard to read. It's one reason why I don't like Fanfiction.net. I'd say if you can find a trelevant image somewhere and it's legal for you to use, then by all means, do so.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I agree with that. Images are necessary. I'm thinking of asking my cousin to join as an illustrator, since we really don't have any fan artists. She actually draws nudes, but she's so good at it that I think drawing anime would be a snap for her.

We could also use some ideas for the homepage and the general format of the magazine. (i.e, what fonts should we use, where should the pictures be placed, are division pages necessary?)

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Well, I have a thing for Ariel. Ariel is good. I casn't really demonstrate where images should be placed, but the author's avatar should be placed directly beside the byline. Any pictures within the story should not be placed across multiple columns. I think it would be preferable to keep them towards the center of the page as well, but that's just me.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I can't speak for the other editors, but I personally wouldn't like to use the avatars in the magazine, except for the introductory issue. We could save a lot of space by not including them everywhere the username is listed. And I was thinking it over today, I was thinking that I might look nice to have some of the pictures faded into the background, that way we'd have more room for text.

-_- I just can't get anyone of the other editors to discuss this. I suppose it is a boring subject, but it needs to be resolved soon. I really appreciate your help, Takai. But I bet if I can get them all online at the same time, they'll join the discussion.

Oh, and Firefly, I think I know why they wouldn't let Fairy register; did she use her "roam with me" address? If so, that's the problem. Remeber? You used it to register the joke account; "Assley"? If you use a different address, it should work.

Firefly
July 24th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Oh, well they said she already had an account(the one under the username ivy) but no one could remember the password so they had to send it to her and they said she couldn't post that day but she might be able to now but i doubt she will unless i tell her which i will do tomorrow and as far as the website goes i wasn't planning on using just text anyways so you can relax

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 05:52 PM
What are your plans for the website, if you have any? And have you heard anything from 003 lately?

(BTW, I know this is really off-topic, but I'm just dying to tell someone; both of my stories at www.thepokemontower.com just won the Best in Category award! I'm only mentioning it now because I just barely found out.)

Firefly
July 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I can't really describe what i want to do that well in words so i don't think there is really any point in trying but you could tell me some of your ideas if you want to.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Maybe I can help you. Let's see...what exactly are you planning for the hompage? Do you have any reference points I can look at, like websites with similiar designs? And what about colors? What are going to be the dominant colors in the design? How can one navigate through to find the info they want? Will there be search bars? Music? Animation?

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Music, I can provide if you want, once I get back home. I got a CD from an amature J-Rock band and I could send it to you if you want.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Alright, that sounds good. I just wish I could get a straight answer from Firefly about the design. -_-This is so stressful!

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Okay, it's a deal then. I'll e-mail them to you on the 6th.

On another note, it's hard to get a straight answer from web designers in my experience. All play and no work.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Ah, yes, I think that describes Firefly to a tee. But she is very creative and I'm sure she'll do a nice job of it once she starts thinking about it. And thanks, I'll be looking out for those songs.

So, how's Japan?

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Wonderful, so far. We've been in Kyoto the past two days, which has been really interesting. My favorites so far are Nijo Castle (Amazingly massive, I can't think of any other was to describe it), Kinkokuji, surprisingly peaceful for a major tourist site, and Sanjusan-Gendo. It's amazing there to just walk around a corner and see this huge array of Buddah statues. Only negative thing so far is the humidity. For someone like my, born and bred in a dry climate, it's really odd to see moisture on your skin the exact instant you step out the door.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 11:33 PM
I've never heard of any of those places, but it sounds nice. Are you having trouble understanding people? I know Japanese is way different from English.

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 11:36 PM
I've learned enough Japanese from my high school class to be able to get by. And, as far as I know at least, I haven't offended anyone horribly. The hardest aspect so far has been finding a quiet place to sit and read, I suppose.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 11:42 PM
You have a Japanese class at your school? All we have is French, German, and Spanish. Glad your having a nice time. Have you seen any anime that haven't been released in america yet?

~Ozy~
July 24th, 2004, 11:49 PM
No, haven't found the time or any channels showing it when I've watched. I watched a Japanese drama, however. Pretty amusing, actually, but touching too. I can tell you with confidence that Japanese commercials are insane. They're about 5 seconds each, and thouroughly wierd.

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I heard that Japanese telivision was awful. However, my grandmother's hairdresser swears that it's the greatest thing. Did you ever see that episode of the simpsons where they all went on that Japanese game show? That's kind of my picture of Japanes telivision.

~Ozy~
July 25th, 2004, 12:00 AM
They tend to show the more garish aspect of Japanese TV in America, giving the impression that it's all anime and Takeshi's Castle. In actuality, it's closer to American TV, except we find it amusiong since most opf us can't understand a word of it.

Rose Flame
July 25th, 2004, 12:11 AM
That's interesting. one of my friends who's really into japan told me that they had things like awful music and visible microphones. I suppose it's a matter of opinion more than anything else.

EDIT:I just had a thought...how should we hold meetings with online members such as yourselves?

chunckymonkey
July 25th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Why are you talking bad about firefly????? I wanna know!!! ERRRRRR!! *hisses* Weibchen lol, But really what about about the website? i want a black background and DEAD BODIES (hopfully yours!) (Just kidding) LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL hahahahahahaha heeeheeehhehehhe hohohohohohhhoooo ah-ha ha (i'm not that retarded)

Rose Flame
July 25th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Woh, wait a minute; I'm not talking bad about her. I said she's really creative, but it's hard to get a straight answer from her about the website. But, do you have an idea of what you want, monkey?

July 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
hey guys sorry i been away so long had some issues with college and stuff...you know the usual. ANyways whats everyone been up too fill me in!

Rose Flame
July 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
That would work if we had any fanartists, but currently, we only have a few authors signed up. Though we are accepting fanart, we have'nt recieved any, nor do we have anyone interested in sending in any. I'm considering going to the fanart forums (and possibly the fanfiction forums) and seeing if I can generate some interest among some of the more avid artists, though I don't know as that would be permitted.

Alright, I have an important announcement: If all goes well, construction on the website will begin very soon; in the next two or three weeks at most if everything works out. So we need to get some things wrapped up;

to 003; we haven't recieved any art for the website from you so far. We'll need some soon if you want your work included. Firefly's address is a few pages back and so is mine. And if you still want to send me a demo of your bands music, I'd prefer you send it to me via e-mail at [email protected] . If need an idea of what we want, PM me.

to Oni Flygon and The Adamant Dodger; editors of the purple and black section; be ready to accept possibly a flood of fanworks soon before school starts. I think your e-mail addresses are already listed, so I can think of anything I need from you right now, other than ideas for the format of the magazine and the website if you'd like.

I think Firefly's supposed to be posting...

That's something from a little while ago. Can't think of much else. If I do, I'll let you know.

sun_shine_002
July 28th, 2004, 02:55 PM
hello every body (Just so you know i'm really not a mean person just when it comes to rap)Now about this anime club cool idea because i'm in it( just so you know Samantha its me Sara S.) Firefly got me to post finally it took along time because of a few errors. Hello wiredos we need some new members who also like anime and manga come and join to see what kind of cool stuff we geeks do and talk about because some of the conversations here are really really boring.! :0

Rose Flame
July 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM
They're not that boring, though some of them are. ^_^ How come your not using the name you signed up for for our website, "Fairy", out of curiosity? Well, I'm really glad you finally posted! I might get adobe go live this friday when we go to El Paso, and if that works out we might be able to start construction on the website this weekend if you guys want. Although, that's really Firefly's decision since it's her house and computer that all the other software is on.

sun_shine_002
July 28th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Yes i would have but it wouldn't let me do things so i had to get a new id and email so now i can post i hope to be able to a lot more but we'll see i'll ask firefly about going to her house but i can't go friday untill after 11. but tell firefly she can call me to see if i'm not busy and make sure u call the monkey.hahatalk to you later bye if i'm still on that is. bye

Firefly
July 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Sure I guess i could start this weekend if you want me to but you have to give me all the stuff you want in your section or els i will just put what i want to there :D

Rose Flame
July 29th, 2004, 07:17 AM
And what, pray tell, would you like me to give you? If we put anything up before we put it through our sponsor and the principal first, we'll be in a lot of trouble, even if we are paying for all the construction costs. After all, eventually we're going to get school funding for maintaining it, and school recognition. Therefore, we have to go through them first. All we can do at this point is set it up for fanwork submissions, and make it clear that nothing will be published until a few weeks after school starts. That way, every editor will have time to edit submissions, and we'll have time to show everything to the appropriate officials.

Firefly
July 29th, 2004, 08:39 AM
If that is the case then there is no point in me starting

Rose Flame
July 29th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Yes there is. We can still have it set up so that the only thing we have to do once school starts is put in the work we've got. We can set it up so that anyone who wants to send in some fanworks only has to click on a few links, type it up on the site, and then send it to the appropriate editor. Everyone's provided their e-mails, so you could fix it to do that, right?

chunckymonkey
July 29th, 2004, 08:35 PM
DEAD PEOPLE FOR THE WEBSITE!!! (my sick mind lol)

Rose Flame
July 30th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Ok guys; just got back from El Paso. I went to Best Buy and scoured the store for "adobe go live" and didn't find it. I asked a sales associate if they had it, and they looked at me like I had lost it. "Is it like, a band or something? A movie?" is what they kept asking me. Are you sure that it even exists? No offense, but gosh! That guy took me through the entire store; not just computer software, but DVDs, CDs, the works :knockedou

Alright, next order of business; I've been visiting a few websites and e-mailing authors who's work I thought was pretty good. So, we've got a few new members, and I might be sending you some work to edit if they write fanfiction for your genre:
-Gotten0040
cowboy bebop
teen titans
yu-gi-oh
dragonball z
yu-yu hakusho
witch hunter robin
trigun
inuyasha
g-gundam
rurouni kenshin
card captor sakura
A very friendly and eager author with a nice variety in taste.

-Jcgamer
witch hunter robin
Not much to say about this author. Seems friendly enough, written only one story, and, though I have'nt read all of it, starts out strong.

-Anna Sartin
pokemon
Kind of a celebrity in the world of JAJRN fanfiction. Perhaps you've heard of her fic "The Dark Side of Innocence? Excellent. Unfortunately, we may not be able to use her work. No offense intended, but she calls herself the goddess of rocketshippers, and she certainly acts like it. She sent a slightly rude e-mail in response to the one I sent her about using her work. She was appalled that I suggest we might need to edit her work. I don't know if we should include her or not; her work is excellent, but, from the few lines of text she sent me, she seems a bit uppity. She may be a real pain to deal with in the future. Then again, I may have the wrong impression of her altogether. I'm going to leave this one up to a vote. Please put in your next posts whether you feel we should include her or not.

chunckymonkey
July 31st, 2004, 06:20 PM
To get what we need you might have to go to a computer store. And about Anna Sartin, well i don't like "uppity" people (no offence) but if shes nice itd be cool to work with her.

Rose Flame
July 31st, 2004, 07:02 PM
I believe what she specifically said in her e-mail was "if you feel my work needs to be editted, then I feel it doesn't need to be on your site." But, she said if we didn't edit it, we could use it. So, does that make your vote to include her or not, monkey?

chunckymonkey
July 31st, 2004, 08:00 PM
I guess we could use her work, but only if need be

Firefly
August 1st, 2004, 09:18 AM
What i meant by stuff for the website besides fanart and fiction was info on the things that are in your section. Like are you going to tell people about the characters in the anime or what ever els you are doing that are in your section, are you going to have a story section were you tell people what it is about, are you going to write review on them?(you know the basics) If you want galleries in your section you have to tell me which pictures you want and make sure i am allowed to use them that was the kind of stuff i was talking about. If we are going to have this stuff then it is going to take a while to get it all organized.
And on another note are you sure her work even has to be edited?

Rose Flame
August 1st, 2004, 10:48 AM
Her work doesn't have to be heavily edited. I just ran across a few grammar and spelling mistakes, nothing big. And as for all that stuff, we'll need to vote on that too.

chunckymonkey
August 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM
Well if there are just a few spelling and grammer errors then it should be ok with her to edit them.

sun_shine_002
August 2nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
so what do you guys want to talk about PLEASE TALK. So whats this club about, I think that this club is getting boring. Does any body have any ideas to make it more fun so people will join. That includes u ROSE. I'm stilll ur friend remember but we need to do something.

chunckymonkey
August 2nd, 2004, 08:59 PM
yeah i think to...lets talk about mine and ashleys weird comic! lol

oni flygon
August 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Weird comic...eh? XD

I've...I've finished my 10-month old major fanfic... 78 chapters, baby! XD

chunckymonkey
August 3rd, 2004, 11:01 AM
Thats...cool. yay for you!

Rose Flame
August 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
To Sun Shine 002 and Firefly I don't appreciate how unproffessional you all are being; you have no right to be calling me boring and flaming me like that for everyone on the net to see. Those are the kind of things you say in phone calls or private messages; which I just sent both of you which say basically the same thing this does, but in a much nastier way. Okay, two things; one, don't post insults here to the person who's saving you butts by taking care of all your grunt work, and two, this is a club thread; if you want lively chat, go somewhere that advertises it, okay?

chunckymonkey
August 3rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
Lets not become mad at each other ok? Firefly ws just joking i'm sure...and trying to live things up so lets not say or do things we might regreat(i can be nasty tooo lol)

Rose Flame
August 3rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Ok, just ignore my last post; Firefly and I have talked. Alright, Adobe GoLive 6.0 is on the way, so, everyone, this is your last chance to contribute ideas for the website. Also, illustrators needed; just post if your interested. This is also another chance to add some more anime to the list...I'd post the current one, but I seem to have misplaced my composition book. I can tell you, though, that the newest additions are Revolutionary Girl Utena and Fruits Basket.

~Ozy~
August 4th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I have a friend who might be interested in illustrating. Her e-mail is [email protected]

Rose Flame
August 5th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks, and welcome back! I apologize for the bit of arguing and unproffessional well, crap, that you and the others had to read; but, I suppose all friends argue once and a while, no?

I tried your Onigiri recipe, and it was delicious. Thanks! I'll e-mail this person when I get the chance.

Edit: Firefly, I just got a PM from 003. He's working on designs for the website, and he's going to send them to you soon, he says, so please be looking for them. Once the software comes in, I'll bring it by your house and we can start,if your ready to.

Firefly
August 5th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Sure I'm ready whenever you guys are

chunckymonkey
August 5th, 2004, 03:27 PM
hey whens the club gonna have the first meeting?

~Ozy~
August 6th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Dunno. Ask RF if she ever returns.

Firefly
August 6th, 2004, 05:48 PM
She doesn't post as often as she used too because now her computer doesn't let her on to the Pokecommunity.

Rose Flame
August 7th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Well, I ran across the street so I could borrow my uncle's laptop for a few; that should prove to you guys how dedicated I am! ;) For some reason, I can't get on to the pokecommunity at all; not even as a guest unless I'm on a diff computer than mine. This is really going to put a damper on things on my part.

Anyway, about the first meeting...Yeah, I guess we should really plan one soon since school's about to start. But first, we should probably find a good time for everyone, since, aside from the four of us, we're all in seperate time zones...Let's do it this way; if your in a time zone other than mountain, post what time this message says it was posted in your next post. (does that make any sense?) I think the only active online members outside of our town are The Adamant Dodger, Oni Flygon, and 003. But, 003 has PMed me recently, and he has something coming up this week, so we'll probably have to go on without him. So, after The Adamant Dodger and Oni Flygon post, we can plan our first meeting.

I might not be able to post for a few days since my computer's acting strange; but it's only with this website. It says something like
Unable to add cookies, header already sent
then the name of a file of some sort, and then,
Line:205

No idea what's wrong. But if my uncle's not working, or my mom let's me use her office comp. (which will still be hard since she lives down the street), then maybe I can post sooner.

~Ozy~
August 7th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I'm mountain, needless to say. Lesee, when am I free though...Not tomorrow, certainly. Tuesday and Thursday evenings are filled, but I'm cool with any other time for the most part. Saturdays are usually booked as well.

Rose Flame
August 7th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Oh, I should have known you were in mountain. Guess I wasn't thinking. Alright, we'll try to schedule a time that's conveniant for you. I can't do it tomarro, monday, or wednesday...maybe not friday either. Perhaps next sunday? I really can't tell, unless I can get my comp working.

~Ozy~
August 7th, 2004, 03:47 PM
As long as it's after 12 I should be fine. Sunday morning Kendo usually runs rather late.

Rose Flame
August 8th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Kendo is a martial art of some sort, right?

I think someone on ebay just attempted to rip me off on a copy of adobe golive 6.0; they thought I had already sent payment, and now they won't answer my e-mail. No big deal, since I didn't, but it might set construction back a few weeks. I'm bidding on another copy right now.

I'm kind of at a loss for a way to conduct meetings. When your posting like this, it's kind of hard to have a real conversation since you can't see the person you're "talking" to, and several minutes can pass before someone gets a reply to their statement. I was recently thinking about web cams, but I don't know much about them. Do you know?How do they work, Are they really expensive? I thought they would help with making it seem like more of a meeting; plus, it might prevent those sickos from joining; you know, since everyone could see everybody elses face. What's your opinion, takai?

Also, guys (sun shine, monkey, firefly) it'd help if you'd post on this too.

~Ozy~
August 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah, Kendo is Japanese fencing.

Well, I dunno on webcams, but I suppose we could all put up pics of each other. Other than that, I really can't say.

chunckymonkey
August 8th, 2004, 06:56 PM
YAY i'm home!!! so hows eveyone?
blah blah blah blah blah blah
uhh sure on the webcam thing (they'er a little expensive)

Rose Flame
August 8th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Uh...maybe I got the wrong word. When I say webcams, I meant like, live video e-mail kinda thing, if that even exists. Are those webcams, or something else?

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to tell our sponsor about this thread, since she'll have a lot to do with what's happening.Of course, I could just pass her messages on to you guys (referring to the online members). But, I don't know if this is really all that important but, who knows? Might be.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Well for video e-mail you have to have a video chat program which usually includes a little camera as far as I know. But from what I've seen, they're a bit pricey.

Rose Flame
August 9th, 2004, 03:48 PM
about how much would you say?...do you think it's a good idea?

So, do you have any plans for the video game section? Firefly and Monkey are telling me that they want to help with the video game section, but I wouldn't depend on them too heavily. They're kinda flaky. :)

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I really can't say. I haven't been to a computer store in a LOOOOOONG while, but an Amazon search says a little over $100 for an average one.

Anyway, if the two of them want to help, they can feel free to. Anyway, when you talk about ideas, do you mean web design, banners, layout? Or selection process (should that be required), what gets cut for content?

Rose Flame
August 9th, 2004, 04:08 PM
100$ huh...well, if I can get the other three to chip in, and get them to agree to the concept, we could probably swing that. Do you have a web cam? What abput you, Oni Flygon and 003, if you're still here...

For ideas for the video game section...just in general. How would you like it organized, and all the things you said up there as well.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I don't, unfortunately. Besides, the cheaapest I found for a Mac is $150. It'd take a bit, but I think it's doable. Until then we could set up a chat room or some such.

Lesee, section. I'd like to have a review every once and a while and a monthly editorial (I assume this is monthly). Layout I think will be the same as all the rest, just for continuity purposes. As for a banner, I'll try and cook somethin' up tonight or tomorrow. Content edits are self explanitory, no obscenities, explicit scenes, etc. As for selecting something, I'll try to discuss it with the editing staff if the issue comes up.

Vampira
August 9th, 2004, 05:56 PM
(I'm Rose Flame, just so you know; I thought I'd try a new username, since I can't log onto my personal comp with my other username. Vampira is the nickname my mom gave me, so you can call me by either name)

Alright, great. So, let's aim at using webcams eventually;Just have to talk the others into it now.

I'll talk to firefly and see if she can set up a chat room at the site until then; frankly, I haven't the foggiest of how to do that. And, though the layout will be the same as the rest, given, I thought you might have an idea of what a good layout would look like.

Well, everything sounds good so far; I think that we can get things rolling pretty soon now; I apologize for how slow this is going, guys.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I suck at actually doing layout, trust me. I've given you pretty much all my ideas on the magazine and I have no experience in web design. But I think that putting a banner unique to each section at the top would be a nice touch. And try to steer clear of black, green, and blue for BG colors if we're using any.

Vampira
August 9th, 2004, 06:22 PM
What are BG colors?

I've done what I consider to be a decent layout for the website, but I'm at a loss of what to do for the magazine; if it were a newspaper or a yearbook design, I'd have much less of a problem, but this...and wouldn't you know it, my favorite journalism teacher just moved to DC. But, thanks for the help anyway. We'll figure something out.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 06:32 PM
BG colors=Background colors.

Once school starts I can ask my teacher if you want. She knows what she's doing.

Vampira
August 9th, 2004, 06:38 PM
That would be so nice; Thanks!

I can't speak for the others, but I personally like anime pictures faded into the background with bold or shadowed font; gives it a more 3D look. Oh, and you wanted to do reviews for the games and an editorial; I'll have to talk with the others about the editorial, but it's definitely a yes for the reviews. Actually, we've already decided how we're going to do those. I can explain it to you now if you want; it seems a little lengthy when I think about it, but it may not be once I put it down.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I'm comfortable with most any system, lay it out for me if 'ya don't mind (Sorry about my occasional Southern slang, it comes out more in typing than speech).

Vampira
August 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Oh, don't worry about it. I sometimes sound like a brit when I speak because I listen to bowie music obsessively ;)

Anyway, sure, I can lay it out for you.

So, any more suggestions for anime and/or manga to check out? I'm thinking of reading Princess Ai, but the fact that it's based on Courtney Love's life is just not appealing.

~Ozy~
August 9th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I use a good bit of British slang as well, comes from too much Harry Potter.

Eh, that plain out never appealed to me. I don't quite get why Tokyopop published it. I'd suggest Confidential Confessions and Lament of the Lamb, but they're both 16+. Pity, that, I love 'em both. Other than that, I don't have much except Shaman King, Naruto and One Piece. They're all good, although the SK dub is awful as I expect the upcoming OP one to be. Why Viz had to cut a deal with 4Kids I'll never know.

August 9th, 2004, 09:50 PM
wait how mch HTML do you guys know specifically firefly? if she knows java real good like (i dont confusing stuff) i have a great idea for a layout. O and i can be in the meeting if you guys havent already gone ahead with it. Im into the dorms now so im good. Anyways mabye for the meeting we should meet up on AIM or some chat service it might be easier than refrshing PC every few minutes to check a new post just a thought...im out :sleepy:

edit: o yeah by the way i was at a summers end party if you can call it that and well lets just say that drinking and kendo arent good bedfellows. heh saw adamants post last page thought i would share lol

edit once more: o yeah by the way a great anime/manga is GTO (great teacher onizuka) but im pretty sure its 16+, and princess ai is decent but i wouldnt buy any more issues...darn tokyopop...

Vampira
August 10th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I use a good bit of British slang as well, comes from too much Harry Potter.

Eh, that plain out never appealed to me. I don't quite get why Tokyopop published it. I'd suggest Confidential Confessions and Lament of the Lamb, but they're both 16+. Pity, that, I love 'em both. Other than that, I don't have much except Shaman King, Naruto and One Piece. They're all good, although the SK dub is awful as I expect the upcoming OP one to be. Why Viz had to cut a deal with 4Kids I'll never know.

I'll see if I can get a hold of those; you seem to have a pretty good taste in anime and manga. Another one that looked good was Kill Me Kiss Me. I don't even know what the plot is on that one however.

And to answer your question 003, no we haven't had the meeting yet. What time zone are you in? How does AIM work exactly; do you have to be an AOL member to use it?

~Ozy~
August 10th, 2004, 09:06 AM
003: I know zip in the way of HTML. Used to know it, then I forgot.

Kill Me, Kiss Me I haven't read myself, but one of my friends is a fan of the series. As I remember the plotline is something like: A guy has a crush on a girl at an all girl's school in another town. At said school is his female cousin who has a crush on a guy at HIS school. The switch genders and schools. Comic hijinks ensue (I don't know about the last part, but I needed a conclusion). Oh, for romance stuff, I enjoy Mars and (if you don't mind shounen-ai) Gravitation.

Vampira
August 10th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Mars and Gravitation; never heard of them. But I will look into them. The Kill Me Kiss Me story line sounds good; though by the title, I expected more of a dramatic plot. Have you read Immortal Rain? The first volume came out a while ago. I thought it was pretty good myself.

Ryoutarou
August 10th, 2004, 09:20 AM
You've never heard of mars and gravitation? thoese are two of the best shonen-ai manga out there...all be it i'm not really into that stuff...but anways these are really good manga

~Ozy~
August 10th, 2004, 09:48 AM
They are indeed, they're to blame for getting me into the stuff, as long as it's good.

Immortal Rain, I have not heard of. what genre is it, though? I might have to pick it up.

chunckymonkey
August 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Firefly don't know much html. i do though kinda

Vampira
August 10th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Immortal Rain would probably be under sci-fi. I liked it. Looking forward to when volume two comes out. Oh, btw, I bought disk one of fruits basket. Good call on that one. I loved it.

Monkey, are you sure Firefly doesn't know HTML? She did sign up as webmistress. It's kind of important that she know all of those kind of things. I mean, I'm no computer buff, but isn't HTML neccessary to create a website?

chunckymonkey
August 10th, 2004, 04:10 PM
NO not if we have the golive stuff

Vampira
August 10th, 2004, 04:13 PM
You mean that I'm just buying this GoLive stuff because you guys are too lazy to learn HTML? No offense but...is that right?

Vampira
August 10th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Okay guys, can you e-mail me or PM me? We really need to talk about this.

Feel free to start a new topic of discussion, anyone.

~Ozy~
August 10th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Uhhhhh...Anyone 'round here like Rurouni Kenshin?

Ryoutarou
August 11th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I love it...got most of it in korean and whats out so far in english...it's kinda long though...28 voulumes...

~Ozy~
August 11th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Haven't read much of tha manga, but I'm a huge fan of the anime, got seasons 1 and 2 in box set form and I'll be picking up 3 when it comes out.

Ryoutarou
August 11th, 2004, 11:26 AM
I'd advise agaisnt getting season 3. It's nothing but filler the show got cancelled before it could even move on into the enshi arc of the thing so it kinda went out like a bomb...the feng shei arc I think was the last part of the anime...never wanna see that mess again. So unless you fell like wasting seventy-five bucks or so I wouldent get it.

~Ozy~
August 11th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I've heard similar things, but I do get junk if only for continuity purposes.

chunckymonkey
August 11th, 2004, 04:51 PM
HTML takes too long to do! it would take us a year to do the whole site using HTML

Vampira
August 11th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Just never mind the HTML; I already bought the software. Should come in soon, but you never can tell when your dealing with ebay.

So, what are the best days during the week (and times) to have meetings once school starts? (if you're in a time zone other than mountain, be sure to include that in your post).

August 12th, 2004, 03:10 AM
im not really into all that shonen-ai stuff but i did get a dvd with gravitation on it...needless to say it was a life changing experiance and not in a good way. I could mail you the dvd i got it in a Newtype i picked up. It has a typical giant robo show on there too called daiguard its actually entertaining. As for the HTML woes i do know basic HTMl and have been trying to learn some javascript. My website is under my name (jsut visit the homesite) i designed and made it myself about 2 years ago lol never got around to updating it much though...Also HTML is not that hard to do once you have a basic design down in your head. I really wouldnt puss out and get a webpage tool for the site, I mean if you want it too look any good, or if you have custom ideas that the tool cant do. Anyways I can do better than that site now though and could anyone tell me what page the list of anime is on? Im tryin to make some collages but I need to know all the anime we have listed. Mabye you could write one up so far Vampira?

edit: and im in the eastern time zone but its only 3 hours difference sooo anytimes good for me as for AIM you can sign up for it free at the AOL website. Its an online chat server pretty much. I could make us a room and everyone could trade off blows. My SN is Supraman003

Ryoutarou
August 12th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I've heard similar things, but I do get junk if only for continuity purposes.

Nothing continues, they act as if they went straight from the Tokyo Arc to the last arc, Kami isent even in it.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Here's the list, 003. I was going to PM it to you, but it slipped my mind.

Witch Hunter Robin(A)
Hellsing(A)
Petshop of Horrors(M)
Vampire Princess Miyu(A)
Ranma 1/2(A)
Heat Guy J(A)
Kaleido Star(A)
Rave Master(A/M)
Gundam Wing(A)
Escaflowne(A)
Last Exile(A)
Angel Sanctuary(A/M)
Rourouni Kenshin(A)
Inuyasha(A)
Wolf's Rain(A)
Wedding Peach(A)
Shutterbox(M)
DNAngel(M)
Kill me, Kiss me(M)
Pokemon(A)
Teen Titans(A)
Dragonball/Z/GT(A)
Saiyuki(A)
Cowboy Bebop(A/M)
Fullmetal Alchemist(A/M)
Revolutionary Girl Utena(A/M)
Fruits Basket(A/M)
Immortal Rain(M)
Gungrave(A)

I'm almost positive I'm missing some, but I that's the majority of the current list. And we can add Mars(M) and Gravitation(M) if their within the rating limit.

And if you'd like to make a room for us on AIM, that'd be great if everyone is in agreement.

Edit; I just checked, and it looks like I'm already signed up for that, since I use it to dial up. My Screen Name is Hrtsfilthylssn (Its a DB song with the vowels taken out; Hearts Filthy Lesson), so I'm good to go on that.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier, but the principal offered to host our website on the school's, at www.alamogordotigers.com , which I think is a bad idea. If you look at this site and find all the dead links, you'll see why. But, he left it to our choice, so, we can vote on it or something.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Yeah, i think it's a bad idea. Not many people look at the school site anyway, so we'd be unlikely to get much traffic.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I guess that's a factor too, though I hadn't really thought about it. It's probably best we design our own.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Indeed we would want to. Anyway, if you want to have some forums for the site, I've already got some up, we could add a section for the site/mag/club. The link's in my sig.

chunckymonkey
August 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
So are you saying that we could use the forums on our website? So how is your section coming along?

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM
'Coruse you cood, I don't mind. Anyway, my section is...needing material to put in it. Once I have that, I'll let you know.

chunckymonkey
August 12th, 2004, 11:35 AM
what do you mean by material? and you are doing the video game section right? what games are you going to do?

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I put up an example list in the Writer's/Artists club. Anyway, I don't have anything to put in the section yet.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Did you design the website? Code blue forums I mean.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Na, I used the Invisionfree design tools to get it up and running. But as for the appearence, that's all our doing.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Wow. That's a lot better than anything I've ever put together. We could link it to the site, if the principal and our sponser approves it. But, are you sure you want to do something like that? Anything that's under our domain name has to be moderated by the principal and our sponsor.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Ouch. In that case, I could set up another forum with Invisionfree if 'ya don't mind.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Sure. That's fine. That's probably a better idea anyway; that way, we can start from scratch.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Alright, I'll have it up soon. Vampira, I suppose you'd be co-Admin.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Oh, alright :). Anything I need to do, then?

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Ummm...Not as of yet. I'll replace the Code Blu link when it's up. Although, could you tell me what you want in terms of what's actually on it?

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Humm...that's a pretty big decision for me to make on my own. I had better talk with the others about it before I say anything. Even if they don't have an opinion on it, at least they'll know what's going on. I think we're going to go see AVP tomarro, so I should see them then.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Alright, I'll give you my ideas so far then:

Section 1: Writer's/Artist's corner
Fanfics
Fanart
General Fiction
Essay and other non-fiction
Poetry & songwriting
Other art

Section 2: Edit central (password protected)
Editor's discussion
Layout
Suggestions and help

Section 3: Other stuff
General chat
Forum games (posts here don't count toward your overall count)
Technical issues
Civil debate

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 02:15 PM
That sounds good so far. I'll talk with the other three, or PM them if they come online while I am.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Alright, should I get started. I can always add or delete later on.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Sure, if you want. But school is starting next week; there's no rush if you'd rather wait until after the big back to school ordeal has died down a bit.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 02:38 PM
When's your first meeting, I might time it to be up just a bit before that.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Are you referring to the first school meeting or the online meeting we were discussing earlier?

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 02:44 PM
First meeting during the school year I mean.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Well, I can't say just yet. I'll need to talk to Mrs. O'Neil (Our sponsor) first. It most likely depends on whatever's conveniant for her.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Ah. Give me a heads-up if you could.

Vampira
August 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Sure. As soon as I find out, I'll post it here. Guess I've got a lot of work to do to prepare for that first meeting. I sure hope everyone else is as ready to work...

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Ready? Yes Willing? Yes. Got the time? We'll have to see. I have a pretty easy batch of teachers, so probably yeas again.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Great. But, once the school year starts, you may have to talk to Firefly and Monkey (Webmistress and VP) about the website things. I might be busy working on the magazine layout. Then again, the mag. layout may be easier than I'm making it out to be to design, and I may be on every day; just letting you know how it may go.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Alright, thanks for the header. When's school start for ya'all anyway?

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Well, it's supposed to start on the 19th, next thursday; but when I went to change my schedule yesterday, one of the teachers I ran into told me that they're having a lot of problems with the student parking lot; the major one being that theres a huge ditch in the middle of it. So, it's possible we may start a bit later.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Wow, only time we have parking lot troubles is on Senior prank day. The jerks park in one big hollow square and take up most of the space.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 01:47 PM
They were doing something to improve the parking lot, and whoever was filling it in did it wrong; if anyone were to drive over it, they'd probably sink.

So you have a senior prank day? Luckily, we don't have one of those; the principal just lets them go on a senior trip to mexico or something I think.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah, it's not school-sanctioned or anything, it appears to be planned by each class. But not being able to park is just about worth seeing all senior athletes dressed as girls.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Oh, we have something similiar to that; the powderpuff game at the beginning of the year. All the girls (who want to, usually cheerleaders) dress up as boys and play football, while all the footall players dress up as cheerleaders.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah, we just have those too constants as far as senior pranks go. We tried out a powderpuff game one year, didn't work too well.

chunckymonkey
August 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM
i got a top locker!!between firefly and shunshine! hahahahaha

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 03:23 PM
What number did you get, monkey?

That's too bad the powderpuff game didn't work out; it's a lot of fun to watch. I don't think I could ever play in one, though. I think I'd probably get plowed down in a matter of minutes.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Mainly it wasn't workable due to the number of crotch-grabbing incidents. My school has a very high anti-maturity level. Not immaturity. Anti-maturity.

And on lockers, I never bother. I can get all my stuff into one bag anyways.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 03:54 PM
If I don't have a locker, I tend to fill up my back-pack (well, it's a messanger bag, really) to bursting. And I hate getting bottom lockers; you always get trampled while your trying to get your stuff.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM
We don't have layered lockers or anything, I just don't use mine. My notebooks tend to get a bit full, but it's better than tramping halfway across the school between classes.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, that's a downside. But, our school isn't that big, so it's not so bad. And you can choose which hall your locker is in, so if you have your schedule all worked out, you can pretty much stay in one part of the school without ever seeing the rest of it. For example, I've never seen any of the music or art halls (aside from choir, which is seperate).

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Well, our school's not that big, made for 1000. Problem is, we have 1600 students.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 06:10 PM
They had a problem similiar to that with the middle schools, so they built another one (we only had one then, aside from the private christian school I attended at the time; it's the same with the high school, only it's not overcrowded since there is an alt. high school).

Well, I might get a chance to go to a Best Buy over the weekend; any new suggestions for anime dvds to pick up? I'm definitely going to see about getting Fruits Basket vol. 2.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Um...See if you can get volume 1 of Rurouni Kenshin if you don't already have it. 08th MS Team is always woth a watch, but it's a bit difficult to find. Outlaw Star is good, I like that 'un.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I'd really rather not buy Rouroni Kenshin since they have tons of copies at our rental store. But, I can look into the other two. Most of the videos from my personal collection are going to be shown for the first few meetings, until we can do a fundraiser to get a club library, so I'm trying to get a few new ones before school starts.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Ah. My local library and Blockbuster combined have nothing aside from DBZ and Cowboy Bebop tapes. You're lucky.

I can't relly think of anything else right now, sorry.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Oh. that's ok. You gave me a lot of other suggestions a few pages back a think ;)

A little OT, but I love Cowboy Bebop. I have the entire collection. Looking forward to Cowboy Bebop UT.

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah, Cowboy Bebop is great. If you like that you'll probably enjoy Outlaw Star, they're kinda similar.

Vampira
August 13th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I liked it a lot; the only problem is that it was only about 26 eps long. What's the story-line of Outlaw Star?

~Ozy~
August 14th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Well, starts off with humans having colinized space. There are three basic social divisions in this world, Goverment spacefleet, Pirate, and somewhere in between, the Outlaws.

Enter our hero, Gene Starwind. He wants to go up into space. He finally gets his wish when he's contacted by the typical mysterious lady to protect her on a trip. The rest of the series rapidly ensues.

Vampira
August 14th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Sounds interesting. What I liked about cowboy bebop was how everything flowed so well. Even though I don't particularily care for jazz, it just fit the series so well; even got me to buy the soundtrack. One of my favorite episodes was "Ballad of Angels", where he gets thrown out of the window by...is his name vicous? It almost looks like that stained glass window was real, you know?

~Ozy~
August 14th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Yeah, Ballad of Fallen Angels is one of my favorite episodes. I love the entire fall scene.

August 14th, 2004, 11:15 AM
lol o man people actually got suspended for our senior prank. My favorite episode of cowboy bebop has to be the one with the lobster he left in the fridge for years. Its just a freaky out of the ordinary story arc episode. its great...also adamant did you design the formu yourself or get it hosted by one of those free services where you can just change the colors and stuff? Cause it looks awesome i was just wondering...