PDA

View Full Version : Wierd!

Hyperpanda
October 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I apologize if this is in the wrong place but...

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED MACHOP'S AND OMANYTE'S CRIES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME?????looks like nintendo got a little lazy if u ask me...

Souless
October 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
yeah, I never noticed, but when i heard them they aren't exactly the same, they have a little difference, find out for yourselves, I attached the cries

Hyperpanda
October 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM
still the same to me.thats odd tho.

Monzae
October 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I never noticed that either.. and i've been playing Pokemon for more than 8 years!
I always prided myself that Electabuzz was more than likely inspired by the sound that a dialup connection makes when connecting.. ^_^

JX Valentine
October 16th, 2007, 07:30 PM
A lot of Pokemon, especially from the first generation, have cries that are similar. Listen to Parasect and Mew/Mewtwo's, for example. I blame it on the limitations that the older Gameboys had, personally.

Terry M
October 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Um what do they'er cries sound like?
sorry to be rude but what are cries?

Hideki~kun
October 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Um what do they'er cries sound like?
sorry to be rude but what are cries?

Cries are the noises Pokémon make.
And yeah, I've noticed a few similar cries.com

Jorah
October 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Charizard and Rhyhorn
Poliwag and Ditto

And I remember Vileplume's was similar to Aerodactyle's but not exactly the same

Seremiya
October 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
You mean their cries in the game? I play pokemon on my computer. I put it on mute and listen to the music on my computer instead. Had no idea their cries are different.

Silhouette
October 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Chansey and Pidgeotto are almost the same, too. So do Ditto and Poliwrath

jigglyppuff8
October 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Jigglypuff's and Poliwag's and Wigglytuff's and Poliwhirl's cries are similar.

airconditioning
October 18th, 2007, 01:34 PM
They all sound the same to me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/Image%20Macros/yelwacko.gif

Comic Tragedy
October 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the cries Souless, but I cant find a difference,.........but maybe the Machop cry is longer a little?

Remoraid
October 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Actually guys I did some research and found that both Pokémon’s cry sound the same but Omanyte's Cry is actually higher , or more high pitched than Machops’. (Found via cry option on Pokedex)

I would very like to know exactly where you came to find this; I myself would think it would be a great story to hear indeed.
...Unless it's "It was just a coincidence.” ;-;

Improfane
October 19th, 2007, 02:18 AM
If only they would make real recordings of the Pokemon cries, now that would be cool!

Although record at least two or three variations, hearing the same voice gets tedious!
Pika Pikachu Chu

Shame the space requirements to store these files would be insane or the compression would make it sound crackly (like Yellow).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 19th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Charizard and Rhyhorn
Poliwag and Ditto

took the words right out of my mouth, those are the only Pokemon that have the same exact cry. I guess Nintendo is lazy I guess

:t354:TG

JX Valentine
October 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
took the words right out of my mouth, those are the only Pokemon that have the same exact cry. I guess Nintendo is lazy I guess

:t354:TG

Actually, Rhydon's is higher-pitched than Charizard's. With Ditto and Poliwag, however, I think I'll have to agree.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM
yes, i think there a little different but i could be rong...

Hyperpanda
October 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I would very like to know exactly where you came to find this; I myself would think it would be a great story to hear indeed.
...Unless it's "It was just a coincidence.” ;-;

i had gotten an omanyte from gts,and im like wat?is that some glitch or something?so i lined them up nex 2 each other and switched back and forth.and i went OMG THEYRE THE SAME!:shocked:

Xairmo
October 20th, 2007, 07:48 PM
i just listened to them today and they are the same!! i think game freak got lazy >.>

Hyperpanda
October 20th, 2007, 09:31 PM
lol yeah.time for a random zim qoute!!!!!!!

THE HALLOWEENIES!!!!!

Xairmo
October 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM
so how did you notice it?? was it by accident or what??

convikt
October 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
I blame it on the limitations that the older Gameboys had, personally.
Yes i know what you mean the older Gameboys sound wasn't the greatest in the world but i also think it is laziness as with the DS they could have made them better.

Hyperpanda
October 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
so how did you notice it?? was it by accident or what??

by accident rly.lol

:t066: <YOU STOLE MY CRY!

:t138: <NO U STOLE MINE!

:laugh:

Vileplume Fan
November 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Vileplumes' and Arodactyl's cries are almost identical

Improfane
November 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I had no idea Vileplume fan:

Vileplume's cry (http://www.pkmnomnidex.com/index.php?mode=pokemon&id=45&info=1)
Aerodactyl's cry (http://www.pkmnomnidex.com/index.php?mode=pokemon&id=142&info=1)

Click the play button on the left.

Site with cries found from Prof 9's topic (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=115205).

SBaby
November 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
That's why I'd rather they use the Anime cries for the games. That way, you'd know who was who and it wouldn't all sound like pallette... uh... wav swaps...