PDA

View Full Version : Jessie in manga? PREGNANT?!

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
October 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Okay, so I was surfing through Wikipedia, and mine eyes hath happened to come across this about Jessie n' James:

"In Pokémon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu Team rocket's potrayals is similar to their roles in the anime series, but took a different turn of fate. As the manga ended, with the Orange Island tournament ended, the pair is seen handing out a letter to Ash's mother where Jessie is seen pregnant, waiting in the car with Meowth in back seat."

Okay, seriously, is that true?? I can't really rely on Wiki, so if anyone has read the TEToP Manga's, would youi care spilling out some information to me??

airconditioning
October 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.pokemopolis.net/pics/rock/jjmanga.jpg

I think this is it.

Trainer Trance
October 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Wow... I didn't know that was possible... I was hoping they would both be... completely non-reproductive... wow... *shakes head and rubs eyes*

Why do they look so... NICE? and SMART?!

Romance Hero
October 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM
this baffles me... this should baffle... everyone 0_o

Myoko-chan
October 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I think Meowth is the father.

Rosefrost
October 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM

I think this is it.MY MIND!!! I must be going insane...is that even possible?!? Seriously, they look normal!!! And NICE!!! (And Jessie even has a wedding ring on her finger...!!!)

Romance Hero
October 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Being blasted off together does bring people together I hear, maybe you guys should try it sometime to get settled. :D

Wish
October 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
o_0 I'm shocked...I'm used to the anime Jesse and James xD I never knew it would end up like this. o__________0

airconditioning
October 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Heh, even with this, Electric Tale of Pikachu (and every other Pokemon manga, especially Special) is still 1000x better than the anime.

Virtual Chatot
October 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
o_o;

Imagine what it will look like... ( Dark Purple Hair )

I second the theory of Meowth being the father

Shadow_Yue
October 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Eh?!?! Hm, well. That's definately a new one.

Rye29
October 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM

I think this is it.
What the hey!?!??!?!?! I think my mind just exploded into millions of pieces.

Melody
October 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Wow. I never thought that Jesse and james would ever get together. Even so It's a good thing IMO. They look like such a cute couple in the picture.
That and It's obvious that they like each other in the anime even if the writers of the anime never go anywhere with that fact.

Rosefrost
October 22nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
What the hey!?!??!?!?! I think my mind just exploded into millions of pieces.My sentiments exactly. 0_o

Myoko-chan
October 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
It's not James, it's MEOWTH thats the father.

Anyways, enough of the sarcasm ppl...i think it's obvious that the pic was fan made or from a doujin, the drawing style doesn't look the same.

JX Valentine
October 22nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Anyways, enough of the sarcasm ppl...i think it's obvious that the pic was fan made or from a doujin, the drawing style doesn't look the same.

There's more than one official manga, actually. At about the same time that Pokemon Adventures came out, Toshihiro Ono did a manga that followed the anime's storyline (very roughly) called The Electric Tales of Pikachu (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dengeki_Pikachu). The art is his, coming from an epilogue in the fourth and last volume, Surf's Up, Pikachu. In said epilogue, James delivered a letter to both May (Gary's sister) and Ash's mother, in which Ash detailed where he was after he went through the Orange Islands. One of these points included Jessie and James (described as "friends of Ash's") confessing their love to one another, and it's assumed that they dropped out of Team Rocket and got married.

Considering the entire manga was translated and published by Viz and is considered licensed Pokemon merchandise, it's not a doujin unless Viz suddenly decided to cover fan material. It's just that it doesn't get as much publicity because certain websites choose to forget it exists. =/

airconditioning
October 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM

As Jax said, the style is Toshihiro Ono's, who created the Electric Tale of Pikachu series. The whole series was translated by Viz, and was heavily censored as well (zeppelin-shaped breasts aren't suitable material for children, it seems). I happen to have Volume One sitting on my desk.

Myoko-chan
October 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
As Jax said, the style is Toshihiro Ono's, who created the Electric Tale of Pikachu series. The whole series was translated by Viz, and was heavily censored as well (zeppelin-shaped breasts aren't suitable material for children, it seems). I happen to have Volume One sitting on my desk.

Poke-censor...
*shivers*
Great, now I can't sleep for 2 days.

airconditioning
October 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Poke-censor...
*shivers*
Great, now I can't sleep for 2 days.

You say that as though Poke-censoring is new (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/James_breasts.jpg). http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/Image%20Macros/yelwacko.gif

shewholovespineapples
October 23rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Was this in the English? I have all the individual issues, but not the graphic novels.

My gosh. I have to get this now. I'm surprised I never saw it before.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM

I think this is it.

wow I don't believe it, they actually reproduced 0_0?

:t354:TG

Wish
October 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM

:t354:TG

That was my same reaction XD

JX Valentine
October 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Was this in the English? I have all the individual issues, but not the graphic novels.

Yep. All four volumes of the Electric Tales series was translated, so you'll be able to find it in the English version of Surf's Up, Pikachu... which you'll have a hard time finding offline nowadays, unfortunately.

Yes. And on top of that, they leave Team Rocket and become decent people.

fate
October 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think it's sweet. I love that pic, I think it's very them, especially with Meowth's reaction.

Maxim
October 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I just hope that Kojirou got Musashi pregnant AFTER their wedding.

And, if their child is a daughter, then her name is most likely Shinano.

kohei
October 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Not a very surprising twist, seeing the other works by Ono.

You know, like Barcode Fighter. The manga where the heroine (which our hero falls in love with) actually turns out to be a girly boy. Yet, the hero expresses his love to her him.

Book cover for reference. (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4835441419?ie=UTF8&tag=fifan-22&linkCode=as2&camp=247&creative=1211&creativeASIN=4835441419)

Nando
October 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
This thing was actually real?!

When I first saw this, I thought it was really good Rocketshipping fanart....but now I think I've seen everything.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM
this baffles me... this should baffle... everyone 0_o

well, yeh.

I think Meowth is the father.

LOL.

this... is... weird...

Izy
October 27th, 2007, 07:40 AM

I think this is it.

You see meowth in the background? He's mad because James is taking the credit for him being the father XDDDDD

WarHawk
October 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
that is the most shocking news i've eva seen

WifiFX
October 27th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Like everyone else, I think Meowth is the father. That little cats got a mind of a 30 year old.

I don't find this hard to believe, But I understand why it wasn't on the Anime.

Izy
October 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Like everyone else, I think Meowth is the father. That little cats got a mind of a 30 year old.

I don't find this hard to believe, But I understand why it wasn't on the Anime.

yeah. this just brings up the topic "How are babies made" And I'm sure the parent's don't want to answer that question at an age that they're still watching pokemon XDDD

Blayze
October 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Arrrgggghhhh!!! Where's the brain bleach!? Apparently no one was able to "Stop it before it spreads"!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Team Rocket. *Points at avie and sig*
But that disturbs be a mite bit. :cross-eye

Kasu-chan
October 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Wow, I'm shocked due to the fact that barely anybody here knew of this. I mean, the manga of Ono's has been out for years so yeah, I'm basically shocked by more the rections of people who have never known. That to me is weird. o__o

But otherwise, I've known about their relationship in the manga for a long time. It's always been sweet to find out that Jessie and James are happy together. I praise the manga more than the anime because of shipping reasons. xD

Blayze
October 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Wow, I'm shocked due to the fact that barely anybody here knew of this. I mean, the manga of Ono's has been out for years so yeah, I'm basically shocked by more the rections of people who have never known. That to me is weird. o__o

It was a surprise to me because I don't read the manga. But maybe I should, it sounds like there are some interesting goings on in it. :surprised:

airconditioning
October 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM

Well, to be honest, I didn't even know about it. I only found that image once while trolling the internets a while back. I never read the entire Dengeki Pikachu series, since I only have Vol. 1 (can't find anything else, online or otherwise).

It was a surprise to me because I don't read the manga. But maybe I should, it sounds like there are some interesting goings on in it. :surprised:

You should. Mainly because the manga doesn't suck. :)

Kasu-chan
October 27th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I would definitely reccomend it. I was in luck since a friend of mine gave me the first four issues, and found others at anime conventions. Maybe I should scan them for everyone. xD

Lie Ren
October 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
How long has it been since since that was published, anyhoo??

Because I've seen that picture quite a bit, but I just thought it was fanart.
A really good fanart.. xD;

Still, it's surprising that it's real, but cool... I love Rocketshipping. x3

- there goes one of Drew's only post in the manga section. >>;

RYOUKI
October 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Actually, I think Pokemon Chronicles Manga is the most popular and EToP isn't very popular, once more...I think the manga is only published in Singapore. XD

---

Anyways~ I think Jessie and James from the Manga are different from the Anime, So it isn't really a shocked to me..Except for the picture, ftw? xDDDD

airconditioning
October 28th, 2007, 08:06 AM
You mean Pokemon Special? Of course that's more popular- it's still being published. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/Image%20Macros/yelwacko.gif

shadow charizard
October 28th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I always knew they would end up togetherXD But I didn't know there did get together in The Electric Tales of Pikachu.Was it in surf's Up pikachu?Thats the only volume I don't have.

shewholovespineapples
October 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM
yeah. this just brings up the topic "How are babies made" And I'm sure the parent's don't want to answer that question at an age that they're still watching pokemon XDDD

I kept watching Pokemon until I turned about fourteen... and I still watch it sometimes.

Actually, I was really surprised I hadn't heard of this before, too. You think it would be all over the shipping forums... I mean, if those fake Ash/Misty kissing pictures can end up all over the place, why didn't this? I don't talk about RocketShipping much, but still...

vizforte
October 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Much of the Anime has become it's own creature, having only taken after the Manga for mostly the first season of pokemon. With following seasons, becoming a new entity of pokemon. In the electric tail of pikachu. (yes I know). Jesse and James did indeed end up together, and she was indeed pregnant. However, having that issue be the end. There never was a baby. Ash and Misty became bf gf is memory serves me. That may have been a different series though, so don't attack me if im wrong. lol.

Forci Stikane
October 29th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Geez......how has Charaxes NOT stumbled across this thread yet!??

That was a real shocker to me...I mean, in the back of my mind I always considered RocketShipping to be possible, but this just......takes the cake.

LillyAquakat
March 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM
I knew it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D this proves antirocketshippers sooooo beyond wrong! I dont see why you guys are suprised, there were all those hints (HOLY MATRIMONY episode for instance...)

Mitchman
March 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM
My mouth is at a lack of words. I can.... cannot explain how shocking this is. Wow the manga is sweeter then the show. Also the nostalgia douche inside me is screaming they should have stopped it there in the anime and pokemon line as well.

LillyAquakat
March 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
This comes as a pleasent suprise for me but I knew they would end up together! :D

The Ebon Blade
March 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
what manga is this? Jessie's isn't in pokespecial...

LillyAquakat
March 1st, 2009, 12:12 PM
what do you mean pokemon specials? its still a pokemon manga.........

Spectacular Hero
March 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Ebon this is the Electric Tales of Pikachu is based off on the animebut the manga came out aroud ten years ago.

Anyway, I didn't know this could even happen I've never been more astounded in my life specially considering that they also look normal.

Micro
March 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
WTF? I can't believe it... BTW, how could Meowth be the father? :|

Aegis
March 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
I knew it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D this proves antirocketshippers sooooo beyond wrong! I dont see why you guys are suprised, there were all those hints (HOLY MATRIMONY episode for instance...)

This thread hadn't been posted in for over a year x_x Way beyond the time limit for reviving threads~

-Closed-