PDA

View Full Version : Would You Take The Bullet For Bush?

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
October 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
The question is, if there was a sniper that would kill Bush and you could take the bullet and lose your ability to walk for the next six years would you?

Personally, Screw Bush in my opinion, these days there arn't any presidents I like

Allstories
October 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Haha, in before unanimous NO.

Midnight Beat
October 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Weather or not you like Bush you have to think of the repercussions of what you have just done. You have just taken a bullet for THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! You would be a hero for the rest of you life and would be remembered for a LOOOOOONG time.

I say yes.

Lumine
October 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Weather or not you like Bush you have to think of the repercussions of what you have just done. You have just taken a bullet for THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! You would be a hero for the rest of you life and would be remembered for a LOOOOOONG time.

I say yes.

Hero? no everyone in the whole world would hate you for that and heck no let all presidents and prime ministers die

Azonic
October 18th, 2007, 05:43 PM
An unlocked politics thread? wtf?

Bush sucks - if he needs a bullet ... give it to him... please...

Romance Hero
October 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I'd agree with Lumine. How many enemies do the US have? "touch us, and you're in big trouble, pal" the US is honestly a big bully, poking its business where it should not be. The only reason I'd take the bullet, is if it pierces through one person, ( because of sniper bullet drill effect) and take the impact of the aftereffect. :D

Ullion
October 18th, 2007, 05:49 PM

I say yes.

Very good point.

As for the people who said all the Presidents and prime Ministers should read about Thomas Hobbes. He had written about how a country wouldn't be able to survive if their government no longer existed. Simply put, a country can not do much of anything at all without a government; despite how bad the leader may be or what type of government it is; one is still needed to exist so the country can continue to grow.
It has been a while since I've read the exert on his writing, so my memory may be a tad faulty on this. D;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM
errr never, I don't even know the guy and he is a horrible president and I'm not going into reasonings and stuff. Nope, never and never will

:t354:TG

Spaekle Oddberry
October 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Actually, if you jumped in front of the bullet, unless you died, the reaction would probably be "Oh, hey, the president almost died but some dude saved him, that was nice of him", you'll maybe have your 15 minutes of fame, and then it'll be forgotten after a month. On the other hand, if you were the one firing the bullet and actually succeeded, you'd probably be in textbooks a few years down the road. It'd be as a very bad person (in America, anyway), but if you're going for fame, there's the way to go. We still remember John Wilkes Booth, don't we? And if you were saving him to be nice, you wouldn't care as much about the fame, would you? Just making a point. :P

I wouldn't. I don't like Bush. I don't actively hate him, but I don't like him enough to throw myself into possible death for him.

Natti
October 18th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Does anyone else think of that book by Meg Cabot because of this thread?

Anyways.

Although I voted "No.", it depends on the situation. Like, if it was a spur random of the moment thing... maybe yes.

But still. He's not very high on my Favorite People list.

Waffle-San
October 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Well I'd step in front of one for most people because I'm just like that and want to be a hero in some way not that matters but thinking of what it would do to any chances I had at anykind of sports fame I'm going to have to pass right now.

Nothing against the guy but you know he is Bush.

Romance Hero
October 18th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Actually, if you jumped in front of the bullet, unless you died, the reaction would probably be "Oh, hey, the president almost died but some dude saved him, that was nice of him", you'll maybe have your 15 minutes of fame, and then it'll be forgotten after a month. On the other hand, if you were the one firing the bullet and actually succeeded, you'd probably be in textbooks a few years down the road. It'd be as a very bad person (in America, anyway), but if you're going for fame, there's the way to go. We still remember John Wilkes Booth, don't we? And if you were saving him to be nice, you wouldn't care as much about the fame, would you? Just making a point. :P

I wouldn't. I don't like Bush. I don't actively hate him, but I don't like him enough to throw myself into possible death for him.

SIC SEMPER TYRRANIS! such ironic words to Bush...

sims796
October 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Does it matter? I hate Bush, probably won't take a bullet for him. However, I can't wish him dead. That'll just make me a monster.

Voltagenic
October 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Are you serious?

Heck no!

Myoko-chan
October 19th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Nevar.

And I don't know why the heck I even voted, I don't even LIVE in USA. lol.

MUSION
October 19th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I wouldn't take a bullet for anyone!

Lo-chan
October 19th, 2007, 06:33 AM
No o.o I could truley care less about him. I would rather take a bullet for some stranger then him =/

Razer302
October 19th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't take a bullet for Bush. I don't really like him. He has caused loads of trouble ever since he came into power and am quite looking forward to the new one.

Mario The World Champion
October 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I'll never take bullets for anybody!!! And Bush is no exception!!!

Ayce
October 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Very good point.

As for the people who said all the Presidents and prime Ministers should read about Thomas Hobbes. He had written about how a country wouldn't be able to survive if their government no longer existed. Simply put, a country can not do much of anything at all without a government; despite how bad the leader may be or what type of government it is; one is still needed to exist so the country can continue to grow.
It has been a while since I've read the exert on his writing, so my memory may be a tad faulty on this. D;

Yeah, doesn't mean the government has to be run by Bush though. If he got shot and died, someone else could take over. It wouldn't be the end of government.

As for me, I think I'll pass. I wouldn't be caught dead taking a bullet for that man.

PsyDragon Trainer
October 19th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Hero? no everyone in the whole world would hate you for that and heck no let all presidents and prime ministers die

Quoted for truth, lmao.

I have exactly the same opinion, really.

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
October 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM
a big no~no to that one.

I hate Bush. He's just so dumb fake ,
and then I would catch a bullet for him?

No.

Ayce
October 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
a big no~no to that one.

I hate Bush. He's just so dumb fake ,
and then I would catch a bullet for him?

No.

I dunno. Those heavy taxes he imposes seem pretty real to me. =x

I'm with you on the bullet thing, I wouldn't catch a bullet for him if I could. I wouldn't piss on fire to put him out.

Warheart
October 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM

I say yes.

Yes, you would be remembered for the rest of your life. By rich, white conservative men in the south. Who will end up shooting eachother down eventually while quail hunting.

Zach, this ends my relationship with you. You're dead to me now. Grr. T_T

xD So anyways, without getting into reasons why he phails so hard, I would just simply like to say:

Hell No. ^_^

Ullion
October 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, doesn't mean the government has to be run by Bush though. If he got shot and died, someone else could take over. It wouldn't be the end of government.

As for me, I think I'll pass. I wouldn't be caught dead taking a bullet for that man.

I wasn't refferring to Bush at all in the part you meant. I'm quite sure I had directed what I said at the person(s) who said that government sucks and that there shouldn't be any... or something like that. Thats what I believe he had said... so I told him why governments are necessary. :3

Jaimes
October 19th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm not saying that murder is in anyway right, but Bush is one of the last people I would take a bullet for. Your president makes me glad not to be American.

Jordan
October 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Let's see the bullet first before we make any drastic decisions. Though if it means keeping the country in order (yes, it is very much in order), then maybe.

Jordan.

Rebellious Treecko
October 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I would probably stop the bullet with some wierd machine thing, (what?) but I wouldn't sacrifice my walking abillites to save bush.

I don't pay attention to the presidents anyway. X\

Anti
October 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
A bullet? Maybe. A rocket? NO!

But seriously, that's what bodyguards are for. Other first...whatever. He gets all the security he needs. So no.

Shadow_Yue
October 20th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Heck no. Somehow, some way I know that if someone took a bullet for Bush people would act like: "Oh man! The bullet almost got him! Almost! But now our hopes and dreams are gone and we can only hope another person doesn't sacrafice their soul (which was probably worth more anyway) to save our pathetic president."

But then again he won't be president for much longer anyway.

Jordan
October 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM
A bullet? Maybe. A rocket? NO!

But seriously, that's what bodyguards are for. Other first...whatever. He gets all the security he needs. So no.

The best post in this thread for sure.

Jordan.

Alter Ego
October 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM
It's a wonder this thread didn't get locked by virtue of mentioning Bush. :3

Anyways, nope...I most certainly wouldn't take a bullet for him. Odds are that the person who fired it had very good reasons to do so. Though personally I'd prefer it if the person on the receiving end to be Rumsfeld. Bush really seems more like a figurehead than anything else; it's the people he's giving power to who I'm worried about. O=

Melody
October 21st, 2007, 01:00 AM
No, I wouldnt take the bullet myself. I dont hate Bush at all. In fact I think he did ok. Even though he did go a little too crazy on the whole 'war on terror'.
In my opinion he did the right thing to pursue the terrorists but I think he should have stopped after afghanistan and left Iraq alone. Now we know that Saddam hussein was a horrible person who was very cruel to his people and he did get what he deserved but I feel that we shoulnt have been the ones to deliver what he deserved to him. It would have resulted in less trouble in the use if we'd have waited untill hussein died of old age and then stepped in. That or wait until the people rebelled against him then helped them.
I'd not take the bullet because Bush is hated. The sniper would probably kill me anyway and I'm not quick enough nor observant enough to know about a sniper being there.
I feel that If someone is foolish enough to kill Bush let them. They'll get what they deserve quickly. And if they dont get it then they'll have to live with the guilt that they just installed an even bigger idiot into office untill election day.

Craig²
October 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't take a bullet for his sorry butt. In fact, I'd probally be the one shooting him in such a situation. :3

Went
October 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM
I would shoot it

Seriously, you wouldn't see me doing such a thing. Bush has his own bodyguards, hired for doing that. I might die for some people, but... for George W. Bush? No way.

Loyal Arcanine
October 21st, 2007, 03:36 AM
There's a few people I'd do it for, but he's most definitely not amongst them. >_>

Suki
October 21st, 2007, 03:47 AM
Well I don't really have anything against him but I wouldn't take a bullet for him. I don't know why, I just wouldn't choose to.

diamondpearl876
October 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Nope. I would only take a bullet for someone I really love and care about . . . which definitely isn't Bush.

Vindog223
October 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Its not worth it at all,the body guards can handle it.

Monzae
October 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't wish people I do not know or have no real knowledge of ill fate, but Bush in my eyes has made the US look worse than it already was for its' bullying and sueing abilities.. the Iraq thing doesn't help things xD

If I was involved in this situation with the bullet, I'd dodge it.. or use Endure or something. No way would I risk my life for someone elses'.

Arcanine
October 21st, 2007, 06:58 PM
For him to get shot he'd likely be on some stage. And since I'm not important enough to stand on some stage I wouldn't be there to take the bullet. And even if I was... what do you think the secret service is there for? They don't wear black sunglasses and have guns for nothing. They get paid to take bullets and stuff, I don't. So..... no I wouldn't take one for him. XD

Klingon
October 22nd, 2007, 04:09 AM
Yeah; make him pay for all the crap he has caused; he is still the US presidant; and that won't change until he leaves the office.

Avolition
October 27th, 2007, 10:07 PM

I say yes.

It's a bullet. You wouldn't be sure if the rest of your life was a few minutes. ._. Who's to say you DO survive for the next 6 years?

Anyway, how can I say this nicely... Hells to the no. .-. I hate Bush. I'm also not saying America is smarter than him. We voted for the guy. Twice.

Crazy Weavile
October 27th, 2007, 10:16 PM
No- while I like Bush, I'm admittedly too selfimportant (my ego could fill a blimp), and besides, his presidency is almost over. The logic is less stable than it would be in 2005.

viridian doubletongue
October 28th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I don't hate Bush. But I don't live in the US, so I don't really have the right to make a good decision on him as a president. But I would not save his life at the cost of my own. Even if the shot wasn't fatal, I still couldn't take the risk.

I would only sacrifice myself for those most special to me, and I would for them.

Klippy
October 28th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Considering half the people in this thread most likely get their opinions from their parents or from some left-winged liberal on the news [i.e. John Stewart or others in the media] and the fact that they are too young to even know what Bush's political agenda is amuses me beyond belief. Oh you 12 year olds and your opinions!

To be honest though and to stay on topic, I would not take a bullet for Bush. I may support him and the Republican party, but like Digital Mage said about only taking a bullet for the one's I love, that seems to be what I would only be willing to do. Never for a man that is already edging his way ever so close to the end of his life, whether by pretzel, assassination or natural causes.

Happy Dude
October 28th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I'm sure 90% of you Have no valid reason to hate Bush. I'm also sure that 90% of you would really not want someone to die. It's pretty sick

Yes because wanting someone to die like that is just awful and Also because of all the Praise you would get.

Tangerine Fox
October 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Er, I really can't see myself in any sort of position to take a bullet for any president or major figure, but I suppose I would. I think I'd be awfully cagey if I couldn't walk for six years, but at least I wouldn't be dead. =/

No idea how it'd work out, but meh. I wonder how, if it's a sniper's bullet as many are guessing, how do we even know that it's coming?

Merzbau
October 28th, 2007, 06:09 PM
For him to get shot he'd likely be on some stage. And since I'm not important enough to stand on some stage I wouldn't be there to take the bullet. And even if I was... what do you think the secret service is there for? They don't wear black sunglasses and have guns for nothing. They get paid to take bullets and stuff, I don't. So..... no I wouldn't take one for him. XD

That's what I'm saying. I'm not jumping. Let them do it. They get paid to do that and I don't even like the guy.

Considering half the people in this thread most likely get their opinions from their parents or from some left-winged liberal on the news [i.e. John Stewart or others in the media] and the fact that they are too young to even know what Bush's political agenda is amuses me beyond belief. Oh you 12 year olds and your opinions!

To be honest though and to stay on topic, I would not take a bullet for Bush. I may support him and the Republican party, but like Digital Mage said about only taking a bullet for the one's I love, that seems to be what I would only be willing to do. Never for a man that is already edging his way ever so close to the end of his life, whether by pretzel, assassination or natural causes.

Off-topic, maybe, but I would not support a man who tried to legislate morality with the frivolous almost-amendments to the Constitution that would take away gay rights.

By the way, way to be condescending and ageist. It's really not surprising that a large group of young people are supportive of the party in opposition, considering the train wreck that's been happening to our country since he's taken control. It's honestly almost suspicious to see someone who still supports that guy nowadays.

I'm sure 90% of you Have no valid reason to hate Bush. I'm also sure that 90% of you would really not want someone to die. It's pretty sick

Yes because wanting someone to die like that is just awful and Also because of all the Praise you would get.

Besides the whole gay rights thing? There's a bill going through Congress right now set to beef up hate crime laws so that people can't commit hate crimes against people of a different sexual orientation or gender identity. Sounds like a good idea, right? Helping people. Mr. Bush has already said he's going to veto it!

So...

Verdict?

Some people are crazy.

Some people want to kill Bush.

Some people don't want to see Bush die, 'cuz he's an AWSUM LEEDER.

And some people are tired of his crap and are waiting for the almost imminent election of Hillary or Obama coming up.

Take a shot in the dark at which one I am.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
October 28th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I don't pay attention to the presidents anyway. X\

Sad. Time to grow up.

No, I wouldn't take a bullet for George Bush. I don't know, it just seems too many people have done that already.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
October 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Take a shot for another country's president who sucks at his job, IMO.

I don't see why not!

/end sarcasm

Alakazam17
October 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I would not take a bullet for him, even if was the leader of my country(which he isn't, :D). That's what Vice Presidents are for, XD. From the moment Bush became president, his contact with Cheney became limited.

If both must travel to a foreign destination, they must take different planes, just in case one crashes(I believe Princes Will and Harry have a similar arrangement, heh.) Anyways, the point is that if one is killed, the other will still be around to run the country.

Also, if I did take a bullet, I doubt it would work. The Tecumseh Curse might just will Bush to be killed, as with every president elected within increments of 20 years. Though Reagan may have broke the curse, heh.

Hinamori_Momo
October 28th, 2007, 06:35 PM
IMO, I say **** Bush. He's not the leader of the country. No one is. I wouldn't die for him just to let him destroy the country.