PDA

View Full Version : Are you superstitious?

sims796
October 19th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Are you superstitious? You kmow, black cat, breaking the mirror, spilling the salt, etc? If so, list them!

I'm not really too superstitious, however I find myself avoiding some without thinking. I won't open an umbrella indoors. When a black cat walks by, I go across the street (and I love cats).

Then again, most superstitions are common sense. Spill the salt? Well, yeah, you just wasted salt. Break the mirror? On top of 7 years, you must pay $19.99 (more or less) for a new mirror. Walk under a ladder? Why would you risk bad luck AND getting something dropped on your head :laugh:

EDIT:Whoops, wrong title!

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
October 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I'm not really too superstitious. However I do believe in luck...or fate...whichever :P I do believe in coincidences, too, though.

Lumine
October 19th, 2007, 06:51 AM
No not really theres no such thing as bad luck or good luck in this world its just what you do to encounter that fate, seen black cats a few times, never broke a mirror, walked under the ladder lots of times and here Iam alive and happy

Suki
October 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Well I used to try avoid walking under ladders but that might be cuz I didn't want anything to drop on my head but I'm not bothered now. I was never bothered about black cats or breaking mirrors and I have broken a mirror before.

Razer302
October 19th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I don't really believe in any of those. I have walked under plenty of ladders and broken a few mirrors. Nothing bad has ever happened. Only broke my wrist 3 times but who's counting. XD

Oh and I have a black cat.

Lady Nicole
October 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
=O Omg I would never walk under a ladder..............in case it fell on me lol.

No, I'm not superstitious at all. I had a black cat once and it got run over 3 times and survived. First time it was OK, second time it was OK, third time it lost a leg, and fourth time it died.

Hold on a minute, are black cats supposed to be lucky or unlucky? I've never really known...

sims796
October 19th, 2007, 08:21 AM
=O Omg I would never walk under a ladder..............in case it fell on me lol.

No, I'm not superstitious at all. I had a black cat once and it got run over 3 times and survived. First time it was OK, second time it was OK, third time it lost a leg, and fourth time it died.

Hold on a minute, are black cats supposed to be lucky or unlucky? I've never really known...

Unlucky. Doesn't count if you own the cat :P

UPDATE: Added the poll!

Ayce
October 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I strongly believe in Karma. All actions have consequences, and all the events in our lives are tied together. No coincidences. That's what I think. Not sure if that makes me superstitious or not. In terms of the whole black cat, breaking mirrors, and walking ladder deal, I don't think those things will always cast bad luck on you, but it's possible at times.

Anti
October 19th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I strongly believe in Karma. All actions have consequences, and all the events in our lives are tied together. No coincidences. That's what I think. Not sure if that makes me superstitious or not. In terms of the whole black cat, breaking mirrors, and walking ladder deal, I don't think those things will always cast bad luck on you, but it's possible at times.

Ah, yes. Everybody who drives me bananas at school knows about karma by now...once, some girl said "you're bizarre," so I ran to my locker and brought 5 packs of gum to share with my friend. She starts begging me for some, and I started laughing and said, "I love karma!" Of course, she never got a piece...she isn't the only victim. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. But yeah, I am fairly superstitious, but it doesn't run my life by any means.

Stevo-kun
October 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Nah, I am not superstitious. Don't believe in it all. And I also don't believe in luck and bad luck.

Rai
October 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I used to be superstitious when I was little :3 But not anymore~

Jaimes
October 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Not a bit and I'm also pretty sure that we've had this thread before...

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM
kinda-sorta. i mean, probably cauz i did have bad luck when a black cat passed me.

Waffle-San
October 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I have a lot of my superstition's that I use, and I like to avoid some just for fun, and something to do. Like avoiding cracks on the way home from the bus stop.

Some of my own are,
~Tieing up the last skate I put on first
~Putting the first undershirt I touch on before a game
~Put my helmet on, than Mouthgard in, than strap it up

etc. Most are related to hockey, but I'm not one to walk in sinc with people.

Azonic
October 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
The only one I believe in is coincidences...

I dunno if it was a coincidence since I predicted PC would come back up and it did (on the exact day)... O_O now i'm scared

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
The only one I believe in is coincidences...

I dunno if it was a coincidence since I predicted PC would come back up and it did (on the exact day)... O_O now i'm scared

yes, i belvie in them strongly. all sorts of things happened when i thought they would, including PC coming back. maybe im psychic... X_x

Azonic
October 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
yes, i belvie in them strongly. all sorts of things happened when i thought they would, including PC coming back. maybe im psychic... X_x

Well then you're not alone - sista.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 21st, 2007, 07:19 AM
I don't believe in any of that, people that usually believe in that stuff happens to them because they want it to happen to them and to show people that it is true, I don't pay attention to that stuff

:t354:TG

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Ah, yes. Everybody who drives me bananas at school knows about karma by now...once, some girl said "you're bizarre," so I ran to my locker and brought 5 packs of gum to share with my friend. She starts begging me for some, and I started laughing and said, "I love karma!" Of course, she never got a piece...she isn't the only victim. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.That isn't Karma. That's just being mean for overreacting to something probably not meant seriously at all. :\

Anyway, I'm not. I love black cats, walk under ladders, break mirrors, etc.

Klingon
October 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM
Nah; I'm not; Don't really mind about that stuff.

zel 2.0
October 22nd, 2007, 07:16 AM
Rather than being superstitious (which I'm moderately), I'm someone who goes by the saying "if it worked well the first time, let's repeat everything, even the clothes I was wearing before, again and it will also work well", don't know if that's called being superstitious :\
(I do that for most tests I have to take...)

Shiny Umbreon
October 22nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
There's no really explanation of why should these things would give you bad luck. If you give me a good one, I can believe. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me.