PDA

View Full Version : Who misses team rockets old pokemon?

Terry M
October 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Do you remember when Victreebel fell in love with the female Victreebel?
And when Arbok and weezing had to leave with the Ekans' and Koffing's?

I really miss them and Seviper is so boring, Carnivine isn't cool.
Who misses and wish the came back?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I like Seviper more than Arbok, actually Arbok is the one that was annoying and boring to me. I like Carnivine but it was much funnier when James had the Victrebel though

:t354:TG

JX Valentine
October 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM
To be honest, I thought Arbok and Weezing had more personality than Seviper and Cacnea/Carnivine. Sure, Seviper was blinking kick-tail in the first episode that it appeared in, but Arbok has expressed a full range of emotions, compared to Seviper's "Imma gonna just be used as a pawn lol!" cardboard characterization. As for Weezing, while it had less characterization than James' Grass-types, there's only so many times that the entire "James' Pokemon try to kill him with love" thing gets a laugh before it stops being funny, and personally, I thought the gag stopped being funny back when he still had Victreebel.

I can't decide whether or not I like Wobbuffet (as opposed to Lickitung), though. At some points, it's flipping awesome. At others, flipping annoying.

Gymnotide
October 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
To be honest, I thought Arbok and Weezing had more personality than Seviper and Cacnea/Carnivine. Sure, Seviper was blinking kick-tail in the first episode that it appeared in, but Arbok has expressed a full range of emotions, compared to Seviper's "Imma gonna just be used as a pawn lol!" cardboard characterization. As for Weezing, while it had less characterization than James' Grass-types, there's only so many times that the entire "James' Pokemon try to kill him with love" thing gets a laugh before it stops being funny, and personally, I thought the gag stopped being funny back when he still had Victreebel.

I can't decide whether or not I like Wobbuffet (as opposed to Lickitung), though. At some points, it's flipping awesome. At others, flipping annoying.
^ Truth. If Seviper had Arbok's chatacteristics, then I would like it a whole lot more. I think Seviper is cooler looking anyways - but it can't use Acid or Glare like Arbok had. Yeh. Seviper is pretty weak compared to Arbok.

And I don't like Carnivine. It's weird and ugly.

diamondpearl876
October 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Arbok > Seviper.
Victreebel > Carnivine.

Weezing can stay away. >_> It was ugly and had an annoying voice anyway.

I don't really remember Lickitung at all so no comment on that one.

Glisctillery
October 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
the old pokemon of team rocket got released after the hunter with tyranitar treated the poison types brutally

i do miss them, wonder if they will ever return in the sinnoh episodes

~Dai-kun~
October 19th, 2007, 06:04 PM
In the post above you are right DP876 Weezing can Weez into the nearest gas station or puddle of mud. Seviper and Carnivine rock...Problem is that TR's Pokemon never evolve except for the original 2 they owned gosh darnit! It is stupid except for Meowth I can understand. But come on Evolve CACNEA!!!

Glisctillery
October 19th, 2007, 06:08 PM
i know! james didn't train his cacnea well... i really wanted it to evolve! come to think of it, almost none of the pokemon in the anime evolve much! :P

Ichikool
October 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I miss Arbok, but I like Seviper better.
Actually, I like Team Rocket's newer Pokemon better than their old ones.

Glisctillery
October 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM
yeah, but even if they are better, i still miss them =(

Ichikool
October 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hmm... yeah, but not Weezing so much. I miss Chimecho also... it seemed to come and go so quickly.

diamondpearl876
October 19th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Hmm... yeah, but not Weezing so much. I miss Chimecho also... it seemed to come and go so quickly.

... He must have gone by quickly; I never even knew he had one.

Gymnotide
October 19th, 2007, 06:44 PM
... He must have gone by quickly; I never even knew he had one.

It always popped out like Wobbuffet and when they did their motto, after Meowth, and it said "Chime-chime!". It played the same role as Mime Jr., however, whenever they were hurt, Chimecho would use Heal Bell.

Not sure what Mime Jr. does.

Rai
October 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I REALLY miss Arbok and Weezing. Victreebel was great too. And what DID ever happen to Lickitung? O__o

Gymnotide
October 19th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I REALLY miss Arbok and Weezing. Victreebel was great too. And what DID ever happen to Lickitung? O__o

Jessie accidentally dropped it into a trading device and got a Wobbuffet in return while running away.

She didn't find out until the Wobbuffet's original owner had left already.

mastermetagross
October 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM
yeah i agree, i like weezing and victreebell

Terry M
October 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
The reason I don't like Seviper is because the Pokemon doesn't evolve.
Weezing might not have much expresions but was a handy Pokemon.
Carnivine is such a copy-cat of Victreebel cause it bites James when it comes out of it's Poke-ball, but Victreebel is cool cause it looks much more cooler, instead of a dragon snap with goofy eyes on the top of its head.
If Cacnea doesn't evolve in the Sinnoh episodes, it wont become a power house and I won't like it any more.
It would be intresting if Arbok,Victreebel and Weezing came back cause Seviper,Carnivine and Cacnea would be jealous.

Rosefrost
October 20th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Do you remember when Victreebel fell in love with the female Victreebel?
And when Arbok and weezing had to leave with the Ekans' and Koffing's?

I really miss them and Seviper is so boring, Carnivine isn't cool.
Who misses and wish the came back?
I sort of miss them...<_<

Jubilation
October 20th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I think there should oh been evo's of Arbok and Weezing and then in the Sinnoh series they come back & evolve =3

SilencedShooter
October 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I loved Weezing when it was a Koffing...It's sad that Arbok and Weezing are gone....but I doubt they will come back.

JX Valentine
October 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I think there should oh been evo's of Arbok and Weezing and then in the Sinnoh series they come back & evolve =3

I don't think they would have. Once they've been released, it'd take some really fancy work from the writers to explain why Jessie's old Arbok and James' old Weezing just randomly decided to abandon the Ekans and Koffing herds and hop across an ocean to get to Sinnoh. And even if they aren't the same ones, I don't think Jessie and James kept their Ekans and Koffing just because they evolved. It was more because they both have sentimental value attached to them.

Xairmo
October 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM
i miss them all!! they had personality and their new pokes are dull -_-

Sea_Guardian
October 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I really miss Team Rocket's Pokemon especially Arbok and Victreebell.

Rai
October 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Jessie accidentally dropped it into a trading device and got a Wobbuffet in return while running away.

She didn't find out until the Wobbuffet's original owner had left already.
Oh yeah! Thanks =3

But now I forgot what happened to Arbok and Weezing too xD;

Samuel.Olu
October 21st, 2007, 07:58 AM
i despratley want them to come back, but they wont. :(

SilencedShooter
October 21st, 2007, 08:12 AM
Oh yeah! Thanks =3

But now I forgot what happened to Arbok and Weezing too xD;

They're protecting little Ekans and adorable Koffings.

Omerta
October 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
TR's old pokemon > new pokemon, IMO, it'd be better with the Arbok & Weezing again.

But, I don't really care, I hate the anime either way.

JJ'
October 21st, 2007, 07:58 PM
oh! you're talking about the pokemons

well seviper is much better that arbok, but I prefer weezing that cacnea

Monzae
October 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I loved ekans and koffing. They made me so happy. I love Team Rocket =)

Arbok and Weezing ftw though, I miss them the most.

Apathetic_Yen
October 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
There old pokemon were better because they were cool and actually made TR TR

Terry M
October 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
I wonder why they Arbok,Weezing and Victreebel left.They actually were like family to team rocket but this just had to happen:

Victreebel was the first one to leave, when that stupid magikarp sales man forced him in love with a female Victreebel.

It was Weezing and Arboks turn now.A stupid hunter caught Ekans and Koffings and made Arbok and Weezing sad so they had to leave with them while TR had to fight Tyrannitar.

After I watched this episode, it made me want to smash my TV.

Pikaship101
October 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I thought Serviper was a evovled of Arbok..Isn't Weezing the same Weezing from before?Did they change for a new weezing?

Blayze
October 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
The one I miss the most is Chimecho. It was cute, and James was so happy when he finally got one! I felt bad when Chimecho got sick and James had to leave it with that old couple to finish getting better.
I think there's a chance for it to come back.

Willock
October 27th, 2007, 04:20 AM
I miss weepinbell.
He was so cool. cacnea can't live up to his standards. Oh and don't get me started on mime jr. (shudder)

nakoma
October 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
wow i must be a hard core tr fan. no one has mentioned this yet. i think arbok and weezing should come back because weezing was a present from jesse to james and arbok a present form james to jesse. this makes them alot more important then the rip offs serviper and cacnia/carnivine. lickatung was only captured because jesse was mad at it for eating there food so it was not needed. wobafett is funny and cool so it should stay. chimecho is cute and makes james happy so it is cool too. victerebelle should come back too because it made things funny not rip offy. and mime jr. is cute too. this could easily be fitted into the story. arbok and weezing found the others a safe place and made two of the other ekans and koffing the leaders and came and found jesse and james. and chimecho got better came back. victeribelle got better and found james parents making for a hilarious episode where tr goes to get victerebelle and evil jessebelle is there ^_^. oh i forgot dustox its cool .

JX Valentine
October 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM
i think arbok and weezing should come back because weezing was a present from jesse to james and arbok a present form james to jesse.

Actually, no one's mentioned it because it's not true. XD Ekans was a birthday present; Koffing was a Christmas present. By the time Jessie and James met, they already had both Pokemon, as they received them as children, if I recall correctly. (See "Dig Those Diglett." From what I remember, the episode implied that they were gifts from their respective families, although apparently, other sources say they were from Giovanni himself.)

kuku-melon
October 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
but it was much funnier when James had the Victrebel though

:t354:TG

I think that it wasn't funnier, I think that the difference is that now we are not little children anymore, so the series' jokes aren't funny anymore.

geckoriot
October 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I think Growlie (James' Growlithe) should become a permanent member of the TR repetoire!

I kinda miss Chimeco, James' was so cute about it <3 aaand I guess I miss Arbok and Weezing, only 'cos of that episode where they were Ekans and Koffing, trapped and lost on an island full of giant Pokemon, talking about how Pokemon only bad because master is bad :P

Jorah
October 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think it would be cool if their old Pokemon came back because Team Rocket really need more Pokemon. But to be honest, Arbok and Weezing didn't have anymore personality than Seviper and Cacnea...well Cacnea was more a Victreebel replacement. So I don't mind if they come back or not, they just need more Pokemon.

Does anyone remember that Jessie used to have a Lickitung? I think she should get it back and evolve it into a Lickilicky XD

I thought Serviper was a evovled of Arbok..Isn't Weezing the same Weezing from before?Did they change for a new weezing?

Someone's been listening to the Advanced Challenge Trainer's Choice XD

J-Rad
October 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Amen Jax Malcom Amen... lol

nakoma
October 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Actually, no one's mentioned it because it's not true. XD Ekans was a birthday present; Koffing was a Christmas present. By the time Jessie and James met, they already had both Pokemon, as they received them as children, if I recall correctly. (See "Dig Those Diglett." From what I remember, the episode implied that they were gifts from their respective families, although apparently, other sources say they were from Giovanni himself.)

actually i own that episode on vhs. and yes they where birthday and xmas gifts from each other around pokemon tech era of jesse and james. i know my stuff team rocket has been my life for the last 8 years. (as sad as that is)
but yes like i said they where presents from each other but i dont remember them saying it in dig those diglett i think they mention it in the episode about pokemon tech. in dig those diglett they evolve and they mention they have known ekans and koffing for so long. viva la team rocket and viva la rocketshipping !

Game Freak
October 29th, 2007, 01:53 AM
i miss arbok and weezing, and victreebell, and cacnea, and wobbuffet. xD

JX Valentine
October 29th, 2007, 04:49 AM
actually i own that episode on vhs. and yes they where birthday and xmas gifts from each other around pokemon tech era of jesse and james.

They never mentioned when it was, actually.

Seremiya
October 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I miss James' victreebell and Jessie's Wobbuffet. ='( But hey at least we've still got Meowth! I love Meowth to bits~ n_n

Xairmo
October 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM
i dont think they ever should have gotten rid of weezing and arbok, they were like the team rocket symbol to me. when i thought of jessie and james, weezing and arbok were the first things to come to mind =(

SilencedShooter
October 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Team Rockets past has changed so much, we really can't trust anything about them...they met each other for the first time in pokemon tech, but then they met each other for the first time again during the Chronicles episode "Training days" or something like that.

Jorah
October 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I miss James' victreebell and Jessie's Wobbuffet. ='( But hey at least we've still got Meowth! I love Meowth to bits~ n_n

Jessie still has Wobbuffet o.O Yeah, at least Meowth's never leaving

Xairmo
October 29th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Jessie still has Wobbuffet o.O Yeah, at least Meowth's never leaving

...am i the only one whos gotten annoyed by meowth -.-

shinyraichu
October 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I miss plain old unevolved ekans and koffing. Although, I do like the new carnivine. Victrebeel never did much for me, and I hated Cacnea and Seviper.

Xairmo
October 29th, 2007, 02:29 PM
yea, i do miss the weezing and koffing but i do actually like there new pokes a bit, except for teh hoenn region ones. im okay with carnivine but i hate cacnea and seviper!!
i mean why have seviper, a new poison snake, when jessie could have just kept arbok!! seviper is a cheap rip off of arbok!!

Terry M
October 30th, 2007, 06:30 AM
i miss arbok and weezing, and victreebell, and cacnea, and wobbuffet. xD

Cacnea and Wobbuffet never left.
Too me,Seviper is a fat anaconda wannabe-as for carnivine, a complete ripoff.

nakoma
January 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM
they meet in pokemon tech and from what most of the rocket fandom considers they had a fall out after being in the bike gang so when they met in the rocket training area they where angry with each other which explains why they where so competitive and why they seemed to hate one another.

this is pure fan fact though so it has never been 100% said specifically but it makes sense. also to who ever said they never say in dig those diglett i know read the full post i mention its not in that eppisode i was just mentioning they get them in poketech era.

[~Charmander~]
January 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I like all Old-School PokeMon (Series One)

They Rule :(

LillyAquakat
March 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I miss Arbok and Weezing :(

Haza
March 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Only Arbok and Weezing. I think she would have some great appeals with Arbok, better than Seviper.

gigabyte8877
March 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
I personally Like Seviper more then Arbok...
Arbok was plain stupid... Seviper looks more meniceing also...

I didnt really like Weezing, It always seem depressed...
Carnivine is in fact more funny then Victorybell.. It also looks funyn to begin with,, haha

LillyAquakat
March 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
Arboks better than Seviper, it was kinder T.T sevipers just heartless.

The Hero Without a Name
March 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
I liked it a lot better when Jesse and James had Victreebel, Weezing, and Arbok. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but that's me.

ShadowDragon~
March 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
I liked the old pokemon, they grew while ash n co grew etc,

seviper just stays the same old boring snake, no emotions, no new attacks,

but really i think they should just capture pokemon instead of stealing them and train them ;p

as stated above, Arbok had emotions, and they changed so yeah... i miss the old ones

Honest
March 1st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Although I never like Victrebell in the games, he was pwnage in the anime. It was whack when Arbok and Weezing left. I want them back. I hate, HATE, Carnivine. For some reasons, he gives me the creeps...xD

EagleVision1999
March 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
I kinda like all their Pokemon :(
But I wished the old ones would return. Really, if that happened I'd most likely watch the show again *_* Team Rocket is the only reason I care for it anyway -.-
I looved Koffing and Ekans, mostly because of the episode when they got lost on that island with the big Pokemon. "Koooofing" xD. It was just funny xD. But not only there, they were always great. Remember the episode with the film director? They were so depressed because they were rejected as actors XD. Victreebell was also great. I kinda like this Pokemon, it's interesting^^.
And Chimecho...It's my favourite Pokemon somehow *_* and...he always wanted one and then...it got ill and had to leave T_T. At least Chimecho returns maybe.
Dustox was adorable, too. With Jessies ribbons it looked almost cute (well as cute as a Dustox can look...).
Lickitung was not that interesting though.
I 've finished Pearl which is why I began to build Team Rockets Teams, with all their Pokemon. (Difficult because I want fitting natures, too)

As a Team Rocket fan I'm also of the opinion that they had a fall out. It's the most possible way to explain their behavior in Pokemon Chronicles.

Trainer Marsh
March 1st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Arbok was great. I was okay with the others, though Mime Jr can GFO.

Rose M.M
March 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
I miss the old ones, and the old voices... >.<

titodsik1
March 1st, 2009, 07:04 PM
To tell u the truth i prefer Arbok, Weezing, Victreebell than the new ones cause to be honest Arbok Weezing and Victreebell grew up with team rocket i hate Seviper it doesn't even look good and carnivine is just an imitation of Victreebell and they were actually funnier than Seviper and the new crew@

Shen
March 2nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
Honestly? I don't really care what Pokemon they have, I want Team Rocket to go back to how they were in their first episode. When they weren't just comic relief, but actual sadistic villains.

matt561
March 2nd, 2009, 04:17 AM
Seviper is better than arbok but only because i find he is unstoppingly funny

Also i wish there was an episode whereArbok and Wheezing stumble upon Tr again that would be a cool episode

Heather
March 2nd, 2009, 04:22 AM
I actually really miss them. They were the coolest. I dont like their replacements.

Lightey
March 2nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Now what I want to know is, where did Yanmega come from?

Feathing
March 2nd, 2009, 06:20 AM
YEAH!! I miss Arbok and Weezing so much... It was so nice when they evolve, and so sad when they left...
I think even Wobbuffet has been left apart. Some season ago, he was something more than a casual appearance out of the Pokeball... I always think that Jessie should used it in a contest, it would be cool and fun... I don't like Seviper and Dustox, they're ugly and have no 'spark'... And for Cacnea, I don't like it very much too, Victreebell was so much better... As Chimecho was so much better than Mime Jr...

rwengra
March 2nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
Yanmega was a Yanma that Jessie caught after a boy defeated it. It later evolved into Yanmega after it used Ancient Power on Ash & Co.

hank jones
March 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
I miss weezing so much, he's cooler than all there other pokemon combined!! (excluding victrybell)