PDA

View Full Version : *PUSHES to be 1st* - How competitive are you?

Ayano Katagiri
October 19th, 2007, 09:40 PM
How competitive are you in any sort of situation and does that affect how you behave in competitions?

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Not competitive at all. >< Well, at least not at sports or other athletics. I do like winning, though.

Craig²
October 19th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty competitive.

I hate the idea of someone being better than me at something, even if it's quite evident that they are better at whatever it is I'm competing with them against or for. In competitive academic situations, I'm automatically pushed into the compeition by whoever is on my team. In athletic competitive situations I'll do my best and push my body to its limits, and I'll gladly get injured for the sake of winning. I shudder to think of anyone beating me at anything, even though I know perfectly well that many people are better than me at certain things. I suppose I'm just, well- like that.

Ullion
October 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I can accept lost, but I hate losing. Which usually tends to contradict my lazyness. D: Depending on what it is, so I'll say playing basketball in this case, I'll begin playing without much effort and just kind of toying with the other player (1 on 1) but if I notice their about to take the lead or I'm about to lose, then my subconciousness and my will to not lose kicks in. With that, to me its like a special andrenoline rush, and I'll like... become so serious and do things as perfectly as I can and usually end up winning. You might be laughing at the "Super andrenoline" thing I said, but its quite true... last yeat if I were normally jump up and try and touch the rim, I'd be a few inches short, with normal andrenoline, I might be an inch or two closer. However, one game last year, I got completely into that 'beast' mode, and I was guarding the guy who was inbounding the basketball (5 on 5) and I smashed the ball back right at him about 3 times in a row before he successfully got it by me (and usually its incredibly easy to inbound on me, haha), also a bit later in the game, one of their guys was taking a shoot a few feet inside the corner 3-point line and I was around the elbow 3-point line, and I took like, one step (so I was still far away) and I jumped up to ~ the height where my wrist would have been at the rim and just nik'd the bottom of the basketball. Fuinny thing is, the ball fell way short of the basket, not ebcause I nk'd it, but because he knew I was jumping to block it, so he had to shoot it extra high, but he forgot to add on the extra 'umph' to get it the extra foot. XD

So yes, I absolutly hate losing, well, my subconciousness does anyways. ;D

Lady Nicole
October 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I simply do my best and if I didn't win then I didn't deserve to.
So I'm competitive but I don't mind losing to someone better than me.

But I hate losing if it's going to embarrass me in any way.

Razer302
October 20th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I enjoy to win. I get very competitive. I went bowling last saturday night. They were doing competition were you had to get strikes in a row to win some alcohol. I won it second try. It went to a tie breaker but was no way i was losing.

But for things that are just for fun I always put everything into winning. But don't mind if I lose.

PsyDragon Trainer
October 20th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Most of the time I gotta be #1 in everything, which can lead to me being jealous, starting a fight (about mostly nothing) etc... In Pokémon I wanted to be the best as well, but I learned the just are better players in the world, which is obvious.

Lumine
October 20th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Most of the time I gotta be #1 in everything, which can lead to me being jealous, starting a fight (about mostly nothing) etc... In Pokémon I wanted to be the best as well, but I learned the just are better players in the world, which is obvious.

One of the reason you kept hunting me down when you lost to me then you pwned me the next time XD

I guess Im pretty competitive I hate being the good ol #2 or 3 but hey if you lose to someone you have to show your sportsmanship and try to be better next time, Im the type who does it by strategy XD

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
October 20th, 2007, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty competive. In sports, I always want to be one of the best. ^^
But in school.. When there are tests or something like that.. Nah xD

Wish
October 20th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Meh...there is no reason for me to be competitive in anything really. I suck at every sport xP

Yeah, I'm not lazy, but I really don't see a reason to be competitive, well in my case.

Azonic
October 20th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I'm competetive when I face off with meh arch enemy at school(still lookin for one)

I'm not competetive... its a long - sad story...

Okay Okay there isn't a story... D:

sims796
October 20th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Competittive? I'm not competittive. What? Your less competittive than me?! Bet you're not. Come on, I'll take ya! Bet I'll win!

Azonic
October 20th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Competittive? I'm not competittive. What? Your less competittive than me?! Bet you're not. Come on, I'll take ya! Bet I'll win!

Yep. That'll be the day xD.

I ain't nearly competetive as sims here.

Radikaru
October 20th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Not at all. I'll let other people win easily before I even try to make a shot at doing anything to win.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
October 20th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I'm very competitive, I take it a bit farther than just sports but I don't have to be the best in everything.

Warheart
October 20th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I'm...kinda competative, although I don't get pissed off about losing something like some other people I know o_O

In terms of sports...I just do my best at whetever I can, and if I lose, that's my own problem. There's no reason to get mad at anyone else about my own personal loss =/

But most of the time..I don't really try too hard at anything athletic unless I absolutely have to xD

Suki
October 20th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I'm competitive but mostly when it comes to sports. Sometimes I don't want to do a race in case I lose lol. But that's just silly so I just go for it. I have to win. I loved the last time I played something in PE cuz I didn't lose once.

diamondpearl876
October 20th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I love to win. Who doesn't? :\ But, like some others have said, I don't get pissed if I don't unless someone constantly tortures me about it.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM
very.

i hate others being better than me at something, espcially if its something im good at.

シーツー
October 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I hate losing, but I accept it when I´m not the best.
Well, in Sport I´m very competitive >.> I have to have the best results and when I lose in something (lucky for me that it´s not often) I´m very angry and could cry.

But in other things it actually doesn´t matter to me, if I lose or not. I´ll try to do the best and that´s it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
it depends on what I am doing, like right now, I have to be the best on being lazy and stuff and so far I'm winning

:t354:TG

Waffle-San
October 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well not as competitive as I used to be but I'm still insanely competitive in sports (esspecailly hockey).

You know, 2nd place is only the first loser.

Ya but I've learned to have fun in other situations, even if I'm sometimes secretley trying to out due the other guy by just a little.
If it's a friend though that doesn't ahve a chance at beating me in something, and we're pretty close in something else I'll feel bad if I win.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
October 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM
I`m not really competitive in sports though, but in school grades, yeahhh. =x I always try to get the highest percent in my class, that makes me pretty competitive.

Monzae
October 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM
Sporting wise, I'm terribly unfit and unathletic. Still skinny, but lazy. Someone else can win. xD

Otherwise, say in photography or english, I'm always trying to be the best.. I don't know. It's just my nature.

Idiot!
October 21st, 2007, 11:58 PM
Not competitive at all until I found a competition worth winning. Then very competitive, because I can't bring myself to cheat no matter how hard it was to win. Somehow I can't accept a loss if the reason wasn't me.

Jubilation
October 22nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
I'm not competitive at all. I am one of the fastest runners in my class, yet I choose not to show off & make others feel bad

johnlycett
October 22nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Im really competitive because i hate being last and people saying there better than me at everything it annoys me.

Klingon
October 22nd, 2007, 04:11 AM
Sometimes; if someone wanted a fight most people would go for it and knock the guy out.

~Dawn~
October 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
kind of... it really all depends.

Zorua
October 23rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Competitive. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate my competitiveness a...4 maybe? Cause I don't really care, I rarely ever win anything anyway. >:

But I still try.

And most of the time, I'm just too lazy. So it's between the last two for me. >:

Rainfall
October 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm so-so. I'm not ultra competitive and I'm...competitive. Both, I guess.

Faceless*
October 23rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
I am a rather VERY competitive person, I work so hard that at times, when I lose, I feel like punching the victor's face