PDA

View Full Version : Any any1 describe Paul's/Shinji Nature/personality?

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
I watch pokemon D/P. and when I first saw paul, I liked his attitude. pretty cool.

But, I'm planning on making a manga about a person, who has to have the exact same nature as Paul. I'm sorry it's very hard to describe it. Can you guys help me?

What's paul's personality like? What would he be like if he were on a date? Do youy think he should have a girlfriend? (hehehehe)

please describe his nature!!

Shiraishi
October 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Arrogant and condescending :/

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Naw, I don't think that's really paul, it's sounds alot more like ash!

airconditioning
October 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Most characters in the anime can be described by one or two word archetypes.

Ash: Overambitious idiot
Dawn: Token female
Brock: Pervy sage
Jessie: Evil chick
James: Girly man
Meowth: That thing with the really frickin' annoying voice.

And Paul: Total d*ck.

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Most characters in the anime can be described by one or two word archetypes.

Ash: Overambitious idiot(He acts like a little kid)
Dawn: Token female ( I don't like her)
Brock: Pervy sage (Let's hook him with Jiraiya)
Jessie: Evil chick ( Hate her!)
James: Girly man ( He's GAY?!)
Meowth: That thing with the really frickin' annoying voice. (Ya, i know)

And Paul: Total d*ck.

I mean like how do you describe paul? Is he shady or somthing?

airconditioning
October 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
I mean like how do you describe paul? Is he shady or somthing?

Are you kidding? Paul has the distinction of being the most one-dimensional character on the entire show. 'Flat-out d*ck' encompasses his entire persona, and more.

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Are you kidding? Paul has the distinction of being the most one-dimensional character on the entire show. 'Flat-out d*ck' encompasses his entire persona, and more.

No, I'm not kidding, I kinda like paul, but it's very hard to describe him in adjectives.

airconditioning
October 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
No, I'm not kidding, I kinda like paul, but it's very hard to describe him in adjectives.

Fine...

Mean
Jerk
Selfish
Unlikeable
Ash's foil

That's seriously everything there is to Paul. He's made to be entirely unlikeable, no matter how unrealistic his character is. It's a children's show, making believable characters isn't the first priority.

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Fine...

Mean
Jerk
Selfish
Unlikeable
Ash's foil

That's seriously everything there is to Paul. He's made to be entirely unlikeable, no matter how unrealistic his character is. It's a children's show, making believable characters isn't the first priority.

Great ^_^. I'm still crying about what happened to chimchar,crying right now.

Elusive
October 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Paul in a single word: <censored>.

Enjoy

J-Rad
October 23rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
I watch pokemon D/P. and when I first saw paul, I liked his attitude. pretty cool.

But, I'm planning on making a manga about a person, who has to have the exact same nature as Paul. I'm sorry it's very hard to describe it. Can you guys help me?

What's paul's personality like? What would he be like if he were on a date? Do youy think he should have a girlfriend? (hehehehe)

please describe his nature!!

I can apply paul to a new theises I'm working on for n00bs
he is a n00b
if its hard to catch then it must be powerful
which is why i think noobs use ubers,
he is also
arragoant
a jerky peace of jerky :)
the list goes on

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
he is a n00b
he is also
arragoant
the list goes on

Paul in a single word: <censored>.

Enjoy

LOL, hahahahahaha. But, I feel so bad for that poor little chimchar, it's just a baby, you cant expect it to be strong!

I didnt think you guys would dislike paul. I kinda like him, he's a much better trainer than ash, I hate Ash. I dont like people who brag.

Elusive
October 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Paul just wants the strongest and releases the weak, who if trained properly, could be very powerful. Paul is ignorant.

J-Rad
October 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Paul just wants the strongest and releases the weak, who if trained properly, could be very powerful. Paul is ignorant.

now doeesn't that sound like the average n00b, I don't wantt magikarp because it sucks, but when evovled gyarados is one of the dtrongest pokes

Elusive
October 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, really. Paul doesn't even bat an eye when he releases a Pokemon. "It was weak". Um...all Pokemon are when they first start out (not counting legendaries). You have to work at it and make it stronger through the training. That's the fun of Pokemon. Watching it grow and get stronger.

airconditioning
October 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
I didnt think you guys would dislike paul. I kinda like him, he's a much better trainer than ash, I hate Ash. I dont like people who brag.

Of course he's a better trainer than Ash. A retarded monkey is a better trainer than Ash. It's the main reason that I wish the anime was about Red from Poke Special. Now he's a badass trainer. Actually, pretty much everyone in Special is a good trainer...

Look, Paul was made to be an unlikeable character. He's an uncaring selfish jerk who cares only for himself, and he's so one-dimensional that even the aforementioned description would be reading too much into his character.

And that is why I don't watch the anime.

EDIT: Yeah, really. Paul doesn't even bat an eye when he releases a Pokemon. "It was weak". Um...all Pokemon are when they first start out (not counting legendaries). You have to work at it and make it stronger through the training. That's the fun of Pokemon. Watching it grow and get stronger.

Actually, some Pokemon are just plain screwed to start out with. You can't tell me that an Adamant Abra with 0 Speed and SpAtk IVs has any hope as a battler.

BlueLucario
October 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, really. Paul doesn't even bat an eye when he releases a Pokemon. "It was weak". Um...all Pokemon are when they first start out (not counting legendaries). You have to work at it and make it stronger through the training. That's the fun of Pokemon. Watching it grow and get stronger.

Did paul already tried training chimchar? Then chimchar wasnt really getting any better?

Elusive
October 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
You want to know why Chimchar continued to suck? His trainer. Chimchar was depressed and just had no will to fight for Paul. I am sure we'll see that change with Chimchar fighting for Ash.

airconditioning
October 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Not to mention Paul fails as a trainer. I mean, seriously, using Dig on an Onyx that probably knows Earthquake? Uh, no.

Not saying Ash is any better. Iron Tail fails, and Aipom can't Focus Punch without a sub (just like everyone else).

SilencedShooter
October 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
I hope Chimchar destroys Paul.

I miss Gary :(

Elusive
October 24th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I foresee a Paul vs. Ash battle at the Sinnoh league.

BlueLucario
October 24th, 2007, 03:25 AM
I hope Chimchar destroys Paul.

I miss Gary :(

I have a feeling that chimchar would come back to paul.(I know it's stupid, but think about it.) It just wanted pauls approval, he may want his chimchar back, and chimchar may be one of the only ones to make paul a nicer guy!

airconditioning
October 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM
That... is just stupid. Think of Paul as an abusive parent, as that is as accurate a description of his relationship to his Pokes as any. Consider you were in Chimchar's place, and that you were abused and abandoned. Why the HELL would you want to go back to that? And why would you go back to someone who threw you on the streets for being weak?

BlueLucario
October 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
That... is just stupid. Think of Paul as an abusive parent, as that is as accurate a description of his relationship to his Pokes as any. Consider you were in Chimchar's place, and that you were abused and abandoned. Why the HELL would you want to go back to that? And why would you go back to someone who threw you on the streets for being weak?

Of course, didn't you see the way chimchar looked at paul? Those puppy dog eyes, shows that it wants approval, he'd probably show that same attitude to ash every time he loses a battle, but I have a feeling that he'll come back, and chimchar may play a significant role in paul's life, he could make paul nice.Despite the abuse, Chimchar is still showing paul affection. Maybe chimchar has figured out why pauls so mean.

Abusive parent, don't you ask yourself why he's that way, What's his past life, was he teased for having a weak pokemon or something.He may be the key of making paul a nice kid again.

MsBroccoli
October 24th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I don't like Paul, but he's a pretty good character for the show. I'm just tired of Ash and Brock, they're both annoying. lol

Of course, didn't you see the way chimchar looked at paul? Those puppy dog eyes, shows that it wants approval, he'd probably show that same attitude to ash every time he loses a battle, but I have a feeling that he'll come back, and chimchar may play a significant role in paul's life, he could make paul nice.Despite the abuse, Chimchar is still showing paul affection. Maybe chimchar has figured out why pauls so mean.

Abusive parent, don't you ask yourself why he's that way, What's his past life, was he teased for having a weak pokemon or something.He may be the key of making paul a nice kid again.

That's a good point, despite the fact that Paul put down Chimchar a lot, Chimchar still had strong feelings for Paul. Usually children of abusive parents always try to make themselves look good or worthy in the eyes of their parents, it's pretty common.

BlueLucario
October 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I don't like Paul, but he's a pretty good character for the show. I'm just tired of Ash and Brock, they're both annoying. lol

That's a good point, despite the fact that Paul put down Chimchar a lot, Chimchar still had strong feelings for Paul. Usually children of abusive parents always try to make themselves look good or worthy in the eyes of their parents, it's pretty common.

Thanks, I really didnt think anyone would agree with me.

airconditioning
October 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Nice? This is Pokemon we're talking about, Blue. 'Character Development' is an alien concept to the writers. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/Image%20Macros/yelwacko.gif

Avolition
October 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
he is a n00b
he is also
arragoant
the list goes on

I hate Ash, and pretty much most of the characters in the show. But mostly Ash. Ash is way too overconfident, and it really helps that he loses like, what, three times a season? Brock is attracted to anything with... well, you get it. Misty... she was annoying in the first season, but I didn't know they were going to make even worse female characters. May is an overdeveloped(for a ten year old) b*tch, who wants to do contests instead of battling, when the whole point of the show is to watch Ash do his Pokemon Master crap. Dawn is the new May, but with a pink miniskirt and even worse messed up hair. So I think Paul is the best character compared to the rest. I don't say Paul's actions are the best on the show. In fact, it's the company's fault. They always have to make the rival character all gaytarded, and have Ash look like the "1337 haxx0r," if you will. So, that's the end of my rant.

now doeesn't that sound like the average n00b, I don't wantt magikarp because it sucks, but when evovled gyarados is one of the dtrongest pokes

Magikarp owns, Gyarados sucks imo. Magikarp, use Hyper beam! Dragonzilla dies.

airconditioning
October 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Magikarp, use Hyper beam!

"Well what the **** do you mean you don't know Hyper Beam? Just use Splash Attack!" (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377178)

BlueLucario
October 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Nice? This is Pokemon we're talking about, Blue. 'Character Development' is an alien concept to the writers. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/Image%20Macros/yelwacko.gif

I would like you to elaborate on that.:\

airconditioning
October 24th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Character Development-
The change in characterization of a dynamic character, who changes over the course of a narrative.

Basically, characters changing over the course of the show, something Pokemon has barely done at all. Much of the cast has kept the same personality as when we first met them. The only character who's shown some amount of change is Ash, and even that's marginal at best. He's still a hopeless idiot, and has scarcely matured at all since the second season. Expecting a minor character like Paul to grow is a lost cause.

BlueLucario
October 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Character Development-
The change in characterization of a dynamic character, who changes over the course of a narrative.

Basically, characters changing over the course of the show, something Pokemon has barely done at all. Much of the cast has kept the same personality as when we first met them. The only character who's shown some amount of change is Ash, and even that's marginal at best. He's still a hopeless idiot, and has scarcely matured at all since the second season. Expecting a minor character like Paul to grow is a lost cause.

You forgot about Gary, whom ash became friends with after the johto league.

Charizard, who never listened to ash at all changed over time.

Avolition
October 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
"Well what the **** do you mean you don't know Hyper Beam? Just use Splash Attack!" (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377178)

Rofl, I saw that. Also, Gary is another rival character they made seem bad to the audience watching it. They made him all arrogant and snobby. They also screwed up Drew, but that's in the contest part of the show, which is less important to me.

BlueLucario
October 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Character Development-

This'll apply to all anime and stories, pokemon is no exception, chimchar will definitely make paul nicer.

Jorah
October 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Character Development-

May got a bit of character development, she used to be terrible in the beginning and hated Pokemon, but then got pretty good. But they didn't let her win a Grand Festival so...

Contests seem pretty much as important to the anime's plot as gym battles now. Actually, in Battle Frontier I looked forward to the contest battles more than the gym battles

Rofl, I saw that. Also, Gary is another rival character they made seem bad to the audience watching it. They made him all arrogant and snobby. They also screwed up Drew, but that's in the contest part of the show, which is less important to me.

Gary/Blue was arrogant and snobby in the games, that's why. Meh rivals never seem as good if the other character is their friend. Like Dawn's rivals are just boring. I always liked it that not everyone likes Ash and this his rivals hate/hated him. That's just me though.