View Full Version : Popular on PokeCommunity?

October 23rd, 2007, 3:17 PM
Would you consider yourself popular on PokeCommunity?

I am not popular, I've returned and don't really aim to be popular. I am just going to be myself and popular or not, its who I'll always be.

October 23rd, 2007, 3:21 PM
This is an odd question, and will probably become ego based. lol. I have posted many times, but I do not think I am popular.

October 23rd, 2007, 3:22 PM
If it ends up like that, I'll PM a mod to get it closed.

October 23rd, 2007, 3:23 PM
A couple people know me but I dont think EVERYONE knows me or at least i dont think a lot of people know me.. So i dont think I'm that popular

Virtual Chatot
October 23rd, 2007, 3:24 PM
Hardly anyone knows me xD

I've had my account for 2 years but I've only had like 3 hours of complete logged in time...

That's going to change...

October 23rd, 2007, 3:24 PM
I wouldn't say I am popular

October 23rd, 2007, 3:28 PM
I'm not that sure... I post a lot, but I don't think I'm well known through out the whole community, so I just checked the no option.

October 23rd, 2007, 3:28 PM
I used to be very popular here...

Not any more though xD

October 23rd, 2007, 3:29 PM
Eh? Depends on where you tend to post in. I wouldn't say I'm popular but I'm sure if you hang around OVP you know who I am. (I used to be Mr.May for those who don't know).

But besides my amazing group of friends, I wouldn't say I'm popular.

Edit:I recognise alot of the people here....................

October 23rd, 2007, 3:48 PM

Loyal Arcanine
October 23rd, 2007, 3:50 PM
@ Allstories: Awesome. Simply awesome. :]

@ Elusive: I doubt this poll will be able to truly reflect who's popular and not. Some might like to think they are popular and vote that when they're not, whereas others who are popular might not want to seem arrogant and vote no. Also, there's a difference between being popular and being known by many people.

As for me, I've never been active enough to be known by many people or be popular.

October 23rd, 2007, 3:56 PM
Yes, I have made myself pretty well known, laugh at me if you want, it's the intarnetz. ):

Ah, whatever. XD

October 23rd, 2007, 3:57 PM
Yeah, I'd say that I'm pretty popular. (I guess O_o) I have lots of friends, but I'm not THAT popular.

October 23rd, 2007, 4:48 PM
I'm only known well in the Wireless Battle Stadium, possibly the S&M Forum

October 23rd, 2007, 4:49 PM
I gots a lots of friends here. Sooo... Probably in teh middle... I dunno

~ kthxbai.:t319:

October 23rd, 2007, 4:55 PM
Nah, I don't think I am. =) I post a lot, but I bet more than 3/4ths of the members don't know who I am.

October 23rd, 2007, 4:57 PM
u shoulda had an "in the middle" option.

yes. but not 4 the best reasons.

October 23rd, 2007, 5:01 PM
Yeah, didn't think of in the middle. Sorry about that. ><;

Shiny Umbreon
October 23rd, 2007, 5:03 PM
I'm a moderator, and yet I have almost never seen my name said by another member, without counting other staff members.

Vavavoom ♣
October 23rd, 2007, 5:05 PM
Of course, I'm popular. :3 Mostly because I post in various sections of the forum. <~ Also, maybe, because my username is quite differant, from the others on the community, of course. Probably because it has 2 " o "? :O

October 23rd, 2007, 5:07 PM
Yeah, Vavavoom is everywhere O_O Except where I always hang out lol

October 23rd, 2007, 5:10 PM
Yeah, Vavavoom is everywhere O_O Except where I always hang out lol

And that wood b S&M rite?

~ kthxbai.:t319:

October 23rd, 2007, 5:11 PM
Wireless Battle Stadium mainly, but yeah, S&M too perhaps

October 23rd, 2007, 5:16 PM
I don't consider myself popular at all. My posts are spread out through the various sections of the forum, and also over the course of 1.5 years.

October 23rd, 2007, 5:35 PM
I'm a S&M and Wireless battle stadium tard :/

October 23rd, 2007, 6:09 PM
No i doubt theres any 1 who knows me lol

October 23rd, 2007, 6:12 PM
Allstories, love the comic, but can't you at least post some words? :/

Um... I guess? I haven't seen many people who didn't like me, to be honest. Either that, or I'm oblivious of them. :x

October 23rd, 2007, 7:33 PM
I'm known fairly well by the older members but not known so much to be a commonly mentioned name either. Just enought for people to maybe greet me in chat and know who I am. I'm in a nice neutral popularity zone atm. I'm cool with that.

October 23rd, 2007, 7:50 PM
eh not really.
I'm fairly well-known in the Emulation section, but even then I wouldn't say I'm 'popular' per se.
I've been trying to branch out more and meet new people in new sections lately, but I'm not too worried about being popular. I just like to expand my horizons

Lady Nicole
October 23rd, 2007, 9:59 PM
Ummmm well I don't really know. I wouldn't say I'm particularly "popular" as such, but I think a few people know me and I've done loads of trades :)

October 23rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
It figures someone named "Elusive" would make this thread lol

I'm probably well known for my trollish humor that makes some lol and others say I'm "the most cynical jerk". Where's mah fan club already?

October 23rd, 2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think I'm popular, I think just the people at Mystery Dungeon Code Help thread know me, and the people who have a userbar made by me

So the answer is no :)

October 23rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Agreed! And Love the comic :3
Though I am mostly popular for being selfish and negative, but that doesn't count A.K.A. I'm not popular DD:

October 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
No, I'm not popular. While I'm new, I wouldn't be popular if I'd been here for a long time anyway, because I don't want to be popular.

October 23rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I guess I might be a tiny bit popular XD

October 23rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Somebody in my FC said I was popular. (or was it two people) -forgt'd-

So, I'll just say that I am. -shot-

October 24th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well, no, I'm not. XD

I'm close to some people here but there are many I scarcely know.

October 24th, 2007, 12:45 AM
No, I'm not. Few people know me here (I have over 300 posts, but that doesn't mean I'm known here), but just a few times I see my username reffered by other people here... Not that I care XD

October 24th, 2007, 1:01 AM
I consider myself in between XD I dunno really

viridian doubletongue
October 24th, 2007, 1:16 AM
Am not popular. Never was popular. Unlikely to ever be.

October 24th, 2007, 1:17 AM
I'm anything but popular on PC. It's not surprising and doesn't bother me a great deal. I've lived all my life without a trail of fanboys and fangirls pinned to my butt. I'm sure I'll survive whether a bunch of PC members are chanting my name or not. Besides, there's too much pressure when it comes to being popular, or so I'm told.

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
October 24th, 2007, 4:05 AM
I think I'm pretty popular..

I mean, it depends what you see as popularity. If that means
having a bunch of fwiends, then yeah :3

If it means being known by all of you.. No xD I barely leave the 'Other chat' sub~forum o.o

October 24th, 2007, 6:26 AM
Well, everything depends. I'm not popular, but all comes of where do you post. The most forums you post in, the easier it is to be poplular. I only post in four or five :\

October 24th, 2007, 6:31 AM
Not many Nobody knows who I am, so I can't be popular.

October 24th, 2007, 6:37 AM
I'm only known for my staff position and the fact that I've been around for forever and a day. Otherwise I bet no one would know who I was. XD;

Rebellious Treecko
October 24th, 2007, 6:39 AM
I'm not very popular.
Some people might've mentioned my name few times, buy I don't think I'm well-known yet. (which is obvious since I just joined a few months ago)

October 24th, 2007, 7:25 AM
I just have my friends. There are those who know me, there are those who don't. So I'm not entirely sure XP

October 24th, 2007, 7:26 AM
I talk to only 1 person on here. So I guess I am not really that popular. I will talk to people if I get a PM but I don't PM people much.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 24th, 2007, 7:30 AM
I think I am popular because, I post alot of post and also threads. There is this thread in the other triva and when they see me they say they know me

zel 2.0
October 24th, 2007, 7:36 AM
Well, I bet people know more about the game I'm working on, rather than knowing me instead.

But, I guess I'm pretty well known around the Emulation section, and maybe some other sections as well (I'm trying to go to other sections when I'm bored)

Who knows? "Popularity" is something other people gives you, so only they can answer that for you... -_-

October 24th, 2007, 7:37 AM
XD not really. I suppose I might have been back when I was CopyCat, only cause I posted a lot then. Now, most people haven't heard of my sn when I tell them who I am over WLM or LJ. xD

Eternal Nightmare
October 24th, 2007, 2:40 PM
I don't think so. I have a lot of friends here, but I don't think I am to popular, unless someone can prove me wrong.

October 24th, 2007, 2:45 PM

It's great and all for people to be popular on the POKEMON forums, but it's not so awesome that you should run into the streets singing merrily about it *shot'd*

I'm known, but I wouldn't say I'm liked all around, or even 'popular'.

October 24th, 2007, 3:13 PM
Eh I'm sorta well known but not in a good way.. 8D *shot* Still wouldn't say I'm that popular. ;.;

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
October 24th, 2007, 3:19 PM
Umm, Like no.

No one even knows me here, maybe ten people.

October 24th, 2007, 6:49 PM
People here and there know me, but I am not popular by modesty. If I walked to a newb and asked who I was, they would not be able to respond.

October 24th, 2007, 7:25 PM

Actually, I don't really know. >_> Its up to you guys:

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
October 24th, 2007, 7:28 PM
I'm well known here, my username is better.

October 24th, 2007, 7:30 PM
Im not even close to being popular. Maybe it's because I post in two or three sections.

Eos Aduro
October 24th, 2007, 8:04 PM
Im fairly well known, I post around, I have 14 friends...

Joey the Cockroach
October 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
easily put, i am not well known. even though i have been on here for nearly 3 years, i am still not well known.

October 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I was at one point but not really anymore.

Inept Prodigy
October 25th, 2007, 1:21 AM
I'm known, but only in a certain area. If I were to post somewhere else like the Pokemon Games section, I doubt that many will know me, if any at all.

Crimson Majestic
October 25th, 2007, 1:31 AM
The question is: who does know me?

Vanilla Kitsune
October 25th, 2007, 1:55 AM
I dunno. XD; Maybe.

I guess I'm popular for liking Link, and being a huge LoZ fan, but that's mainly it. I have some friends, but I could have more. I never cared about this stuff.

October 25th, 2007, 2:32 AM
I think I am. Sort of.

Well, I am popular for making (half-decent) graphics... And I think that's pretty much it. Then again, I don't really care much for this kind of stuff.

October 25th, 2007, 3:13 AM
I just started on here, so no. lol :P

October 25th, 2007, 8:11 AM
Pretty much Popular I think I have bunches of friend and My own FC too so Yeah..

Cosmic Tyrant
October 25th, 2007, 9:10 AM
I'm not too well known here. I mean, I have friends here, but as far as people knowing me in general, I'd have to say i'm unpopular. But I'm working on it...

October 25th, 2007, 7:00 PM
Basically, I'm an enigma. I come here, I post in my small little sections, and I leave. Even in the sections that I post in, I'm not well-known. And even if I am well-known, I doubt anything is positive.

But it doesn't matter to me. I mean, it's the Internet. It doesn't matter how popular you are on a Pokemon forum.

Besides, I'm not popular off the computer, so popularity was never a concern of mine.

October 25th, 2007, 7:09 PM
I'm gonna answer this before I got promoted to moderator (since the bolded steelblue username makes anyone stand out, really), because as a moderator, I guess I'm much more known than I was before.. :x

Buuuut, even as I wasn't a moderator, I think I was able to blend in well wherever I posted, and get along with people, which is what essentially made me popular on PC. I hate being modest and all, but I can say that I was pretty popular. Sure, I wasn't reknown around the forums, since I limited myself to a few forums to post in (mostly Hacks Showcase, Other Chat, and, of course, the MCG forum), but people that posted in the previously stated forums probably did know me, or know of me at the very least.

I think that this question is more answered by anyone in this thread (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73264) :\

Richard Lynch
October 25th, 2007, 8:01 PM
Eh, I'm more known around the Wireless Battle Stadium population, but I have my moments in other forums. I dunno if I'm exactly "popular", since I'm more known for my sardonic sense of humor (read my poetry!) and maniacal bad moods (catching me on a bad hax day is a scary thought)... but if you're a regular around the Battle Stadium, I'm sure you've seen me mentioned somewhere.

I must say, it is rather neat to see how everyone tends to have their own "hangout place", even on PC. Some of us spend our time in the polling and other chat forums, others are traders and breeders, quite a few are emulation junkies, and still others are purely competitive battlers.

Even on the internet we humans have our own subcultures. XD

Eos Aduro
October 25th, 2007, 8:09 PM
I know, Im always in Strategies and Movesets, Other Voting Polls, sometimes general, and am moving in on trade and battle somewhat. So Im pretty much everywhere, but there are cliches even on the internet almost

October 26th, 2007, 4:15 PM
Would you consider yourself popular on PokeCommunity?

I am not popular, I've returned and don't really aim to be popular. I am just going to be myself and popular or not, its who I'll always be.I don't think I am, but then again, I'm new. ^_6

October 26th, 2007, 7:01 PM
Depends what you mean by popular...?

Because I'm not sure myself.

October 26th, 2007, 8:15 PM
The tiny amount of posts I contribute doesn't compare to the immense amount of time I've been at this forum. Many old members, 2004-2005 era, are good friends of mine to this day. Some have quit coming, some are mods, some disappeared altogether or went to college. I used to be well-known. Now that everyone's new and weren't here at the time of the T-Dome and other PC vet experiences...
I don't know most of you, and I'm really picky about who I like.
I have a feeling most people have at least seen a post by me. Some maybe have lol'ed, some have been affected, some hate me.
Those are the three responses most quotes get around here I think.

October 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I used to be popular around PC. And I guess people know my name due to me being an SA. But as for people knowing me (other then knowing that I'm an SA), nah I'm no longer on that level. I don't get around enough, and most of the old members have moved on. So I'm not that popular around PC.

October 27th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I think I'm popular, I guess, but I don't like thinking of myself highly like that. >_> I just post in well known places and have lots of friends.

Crazy Weavile
October 27th, 2007, 10:06 PM
No- I pretty much only post in Game Development, where the only people who are popular are the Acanthite staff. Really, I don't see the big fuss over it... (But that's off topic, so nyah.)

The Real AAA
October 28th, 2007, 8:45 AM
No not really but I am recognizable I mean come on who could forget the username "The Real AAA"

October 28th, 2007, 6:42 PM
As you can see my name stands out so I meet many new friends :)

October 28th, 2007, 7:10 PM
I wouldn't call myself popular if you look at the big picture. There are so many people who don't know me. Or maybe I just don't think they know me but they do. x_x

I don't doubt that my name sticks out though, but still, since I don't mod a big place, nor do I often venture out of my comfort forums, I'm usually only known by the people who actually like, talk to me. Most people probably know me as 'that mod that talks like a n00b', or 'that mod that talks in too much caps' or just 'that mod'. And that doesn't really count as popularity for me. xD; because I'm not just 'that mod'! ;A; And then there are some people who know me solely as, 'David's pair'. <_<;

October 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm "popular," but only for being one of PC's most competitive, experienced, passionate, stubborn, and adamant Pokemon gamers. As such, my beliefs on certain issues of the games have earned me both praise and animosity from many people. Interpret that as you will.

What's funny is I almost never come to these sections of the boards and have heard of very few of you.

October 29th, 2007, 1:24 AM
I don't think anyone has even heard of me - I've only been here a month

October 29th, 2007, 2:39 AM
I'm decently popular. I have alot of friends and due to my (has-been) reputation of posting tons of polls, I've become known.

Virtual Headache
October 29th, 2007, 10:16 AM
No, I'm not.
I haven't discovered the secret of being popular on the internet yet xD
I'm not really popular anywhere, I don't really mind, even though a little more popularity wouldn't hurt^^

October 29th, 2007, 2:01 PM
I used to be very well known,but it kinda faded out after new members started joining and becoming popular and old ones left =\

I guess I'm still well known,mostly cause of my 2k fanclub XDDD;

October 29th, 2007, 2:05 PM
I'm not that popular on here and that's okay with me. I'd rather have really good friends then tons of friends anyway.

October 30th, 2007, 1:23 PM
To be honest, I'm not known by much on this forum. There are still some interesting people on this forum that I would like to meet.

Hawt Pig
October 31st, 2007, 2:32 PM
Popular? Me? Like no way dude! I'm still fresh pork here. I'm not sure if people accept me as a cool member yet. Not everyone approves of me and Piggey Pig's (PLATONIC) relationship. They prob think we are weird. I'm the Hawt Pig, and he's the smart one.

Piggedy Pig: *puts on nerdy glasses*

'nyway, I don't care whether I'm popular or not. Or maybe I do...what would I have to do to be popular!?

Piggedy Pig: *wears baggy pants, listens to rap music, hangs out with all the cool pigs*

All that?

Piggey Pig: 'ink.

Slang really doesn't suit you, Piggedy Pig. Oink.