PDA

View Full Version : One, two, or three steps?

Amoeba
October 25th, 2007, 03:13 AM
When you go up or down a flight of stairs, do you go up one step, two steps, three steps or more at a time? Do you go down more steps at a time than you do going up?

I usually just go up two, but sometimes if I'm really energetic its three. If I'm really tired or have a heavy weight to carry, then I'll just go up one. When going down I never go down just one, its always either two, three or four.

What about lifts (or elevators), do you ever use them? I get too paranoid in them, that it's going to jam, so I just use the stairs.

Vavavoom ♣
October 25th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I take 2 steps, when I'm not in a hurry. But when I'm in a hurry, I take 3 steps. :3

What about lifts (or elevators), do you ever use them?

Not at all. I prefer using the stairs.

Lady Nicole
October 25th, 2007, 03:37 AM
I usually go up the stairs in the normal way. You know, one at a time because I'm so graceful :P

But when I'm in a hurry I lose all my elegance and go barging insanely up the stairs two or three at a time. Same goes for downstairs, but if I'm REALLY in a hurry I'll jump to the bottom of the flight of stairs in one go.

Lumine
October 25th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well I'm fairly tall so generally I can take 2 steps on most stairs, when Im in a hurry I can take 3-4 steps, and no don't be paranoid of lifts if it does jam it wont take long until someone comes and rescue you.

Jaimes
October 25th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I usually take 3, I only do 1 if theres a really really slow person in my way ¬_¬

Went
October 25th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Usually I only take just a step, but if I'm in a hurry, i take two. I also take two if the steps are near.
And I only use the elevator if I have time, if I'm in a hurry, I prefer to use the stairs.

Waffle-San
October 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I always take 1 step on the way up, I'm pretty tall but I never really liked the thought of jumping up them all. When I'm in a hurry Is till tend to take every step, just quickly.

Going down the stairs is different though, I just jump down them skipping 80% of the steps.

Razer302
October 25th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I only talk 1 at a time if I am carrying something heavy or if I'm not concentrating.

I normally take 2 at a time. I have long legs so I prefer it to take them 2 at a time.

If I am in a hurry I will jump up the stairs.

When I come down it is 1 at a time until I get under the edge of the ceiling. Then I jump down.

Cherrim
October 25th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I'm short. I take my steps one at a time or I get tired waaaay too quickly.

As for elevators, I'll take them if I'm going up a ridiculous amount of stairs, but for less than three or four flights, I'll usually just take the stairs.

sims796
October 25th, 2007, 01:31 PM
To mimick my father, I took it 2 steps once my BEAUTIFUL legs grew taller. I eventually got used to it.

When agrivated, I try one at a time, lest I trip.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
ok, i tend 2 go 1 stair at a time, but sumtimes more.

and i love elevaters. i use them over stairs. man, am i lazy or wat? ~_O

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I take 2 steps going up and down, because I dont feel like walking on all steps you know. I use the elevators when I'm too lazy which is pretty much all the time

:t354:TG

Extric
October 25th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I find my method of going up stairs wierd. For the first four steps I go up two, go up one stair at a time from then on until I reach the top two which is when I start going up two at a time again.

Elusive
October 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I go up one step at a time, like a normal human being should.. >_>

Hinamori_Momo
October 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I go up 1 step at a time, but when I go down I slide down a rail; if there's no rail I walk down one step at a time or just jump all the way. That's what makes my high school so fun. You can slide on the stair rails and no teachers care.

flight
October 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I fly up the stairs. It's that simple. Maybe four, maybe five. Been doing it for years now. Quite an exercise if you ask me.

Jump down in one go. Usually happens when I'm seriously in a hurry to get downstairs.

Melody
October 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I tend to take 2 steps at a time both up and down in when in a normal mood. But If I'm in a pensive mood or am thinking deeply I take them one at a time.
If I'm in a hurry going up I usually go up 2 and if i'm going down I take 3 steps down.
But like since my porch has 3 steps I usually just jump down to the bottom. XD So depending on the stairs I can take 3-4 steps in one downward leap. But I'm lazy. I'll take an elevator over the stairs even though I kinda dont like elevators much >_< Yeah I'm a teensy tiny bit claustrophobic so yeah. XP

viridian doubletongue
October 26th, 2007, 12:24 AM
It entirely depends on how excited I am, and if I'm in any kind of hurry.

Normal calm pace, only one at a time.

Ayano Katagiri
October 26th, 2007, 02:06 AM
When I go up, I definitely take two to three steps at a time; which I think is due to my stride. When going down however, I take it one at a time but jump off at the end of the steps. xD

johnlycett
October 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Well i tend to take two oe three steps going up but when coming down i just slide down the rail xD easier and funner xD.

Amoeba
October 26th, 2007, 03:15 AM
I go up one step at a time, like a normal human being should.. >_>

Should?

Why do you think people should go up one at a time only? I'm curious to know what makes you think that.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM
It depends on the size of the stairs. If they're tall-ish, or have alot of space to step on each step, I'll only take one at a time. If they're not really that tall or big, I'll take more. I don't go up/down stairs very much, though. xD

Idiot!
October 26th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Usually 2 steps at a time. When going down the stairs, I usually skip the last 2 steps by jumping straight to the ground from the third last step. If I am climbing more than 3 floors, I will use the elavator.

Natalie♥
October 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
If I'm going up the stairs, i'll go 1 or 2 steps at a time. If I'm going down, then it's normally 1 step at a time and the jump over 3-4 steps at the bottom.

Aegis
October 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Usually two steps at a time, unless it's somewhere fancy. Or when I'm in a hurry, I go three steps at a time, but that's only usually at home.

Rosefrost
October 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
When you go up or down a flight of stairs, do you go up one step, two steps, three steps or more at a time? Do you go down more steps at a time than you do going up?

I usually just go up two, but sometimes if I'm really energetic its three. If I'm really tired or have a heavy weight to carry, then I'll just go up one. When going down I never go down just one, its always either two, three or four.

What about lifts (or elevators), do you ever use them? I get too paranoid in them, that it's going to jam, so I just use the stairs.I usually take two steps going up, and just one at a time going down. (I'm afraid I'll fall. 8D)

Azonic
October 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I go two at a time.

And going down, I skip all the stairs and get flung right to the bottom - since the staircases are so small.

mystletainn
October 26th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I have a weird pattern. Two steps, then one step, two steps, then one step.

Sansa Stark
October 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM
seeing as how I'm part Audian and also a bit of Aoriakun in me, I can jump an entire flight of stairs.

No matter the amount of steps.

edit: did i mention i have sum cowrieks in me? I'm used to maneuvering around things, so it just makes sense I can jump a single flight in a flash.

edit2:
also, yes, I'm very graceful, and I'm everso manueverlike, so I tend to prefer to go step by step, and sing songs as I go up and down them.
It's one of my hobbies.