PDA

View Full Version : Latias (may become my gallery)

txteclipse
October 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM
So I recently aquired Manga Studio through a long series of events, and I must say I'm rather pleased with it. It makes my inking skills much better (existent, even), and I've decided that I can draw something that is at least recognizable now.

This is my best work thus far, so I'm posting it. More may follow, but I'm a bit weighed-down lately, so I may not have enough time. Anyways, please enjoy, and maybe even tell me what I can do to make it better.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/txteclipse/paintlatias5.png

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
October 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM
0w0 That's gorgeous~ I love it.
I like your style, it's cute! The lines are so crisp and clean too~ nice work with it.

Is Manga Studio a art program? o_. I've surprisingly never heard of it...

Anyways, your shadows are spiffy and I love the coloring job. I also really like the pose!
>-< the arms are a bit thin, maybe that's how they really are, but they look sort of... detached? ._. I would have postioned them slightly different~

But, I love it. Love your style and I think you've got amazing talent as an artist~
^_^ I hope you decide to post more! <3 It was a joy to look at.

txteclipse
October 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yes, it's an art program. You basically select from a bunch of different kinds of pens (I use the traditional G Pen), and then you can either free draw, or you can turn on something called correction, which smooths out your lines.

I use the correction, which is why the lines are so tidy. If I didn't, you would be looking at a squiggle. Anyways, after I outline, I import it into another program called Ulead PhotoImpact (basically a free version of Photoshop), in which I color it.

Thanks for the compliments, btw.

EDIT: Perhaps this belongs in the Art Gallery >.<

Ah well. It IS a graphic, but it would probably be better if I moved this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In an epic bout of noobism, I accidentaly posted this on the Graphics page first. So I'm moving it here, where it apparently belongs.

Anyways, as the title implies, I did this one in Manga Studio, and then moved it to PhotoImpact (think free Photoshop) to color. Enjoy, and please comment!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/txteclipse/paintlatias5.png

Kura
October 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Great line quality! I think she looks a little stretched, but I'm guessing that it's only the way it's uploaded, since it seems that way!

Keep the work coming!

Sceptile of Konoha
October 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Very nice! Your style is clean and colorfull! I think you did a fantastic job there! Way to go!

Blayze
October 27th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Pretty good, txteclipse. She's cute.:)

txteclipse
October 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Actually, she's not too stretched, as far as I know. The neck and wings are a bit longer than the sprites from the games, but I think she looks better like that ;)

As for line quality, that's music to my ears. You should see the sketch I made before I scanned it in to trace. Or wait...maybe you shouldnt XD

There's also a slight subtlety that I decided to toss in there. I'll see if anyone notices it.

EDIT: How many pics do I need for a gallery? I'm working on a Dragonair right now.

johnlycett
October 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Wow nice job, I quite like it. nice outlines
Hope to see more

Houndoom666
October 29th, 2007, 02:18 PM
nice job dude. sweeeeeeeeet.

Tsugaru
November 2nd, 2007, 04:04 AM
It's awesome! It's pose and colors fit well and shadowing is sweet too! Though like MiSs Kon said, the arms are a bit thin but otherwise great job, Hope to see more. Seeing as Manga Studio is a graphics program, I may think about downloading it if my work(which sucks)can look as good as that. Keep it up, great potential right there.

Binary
November 3rd, 2007, 03:17 AM
Wow!
The latias looks sooooo great,
I wonder how you do that...

Loki
November 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Unless you're planning on posting some graphics, this belongs in the main Art Gallery.

*moved*

Shadowz
November 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Love the latias, the shading is Exquisite and the way you made the lines so easy is Great, please keep Drawing

-Amso-

johnlycett
November 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
So pretty,
Good job xD (Im speachless)
Hope to see more from you

txteclipse
November 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
"Unless you're planning on posting some graphics, this belongs in the main Art Gallery.

*moved*"

Yeah, my bad. I actually reposted it in the Art Gallery, so now there's two copies >_<

Anyways, thank you all for commenting! I'm working on some more stuff right now, so I may have more up soon.

Loki
November 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Note to all you wonderful people who report every last thing you see; The double post above is a result of me merging txteclipse's threads. Because I'm just a failure like that, and sorta screwed up.

txteclipse; I merged your two threads, if you don't mind. It's me trying to solve the duplicate thread problem. xD;

txteclipse
November 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't mind at all, oh merger-of-the-threads.

...It's creepy that you can do that.

Anyways, still working on more stuff, so it should be up in the near future.

spenceroone3
November 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Is manga studio free? I want it!

Anyways, very neat, and very cute latias, but you should edit the arms a bit. Hang on, I'll post a sprite of it(Saved into GIF srry): http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9236/latiasoa1.gif there ya go, use that!

txteclipse
November 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
The arms actually are very skinny in the sprite...hmmm. I think they look okay, but maybe they're a bit too long? I guess I'm not really seeing it...

EDIT: I guess the left one (viewer's left) is a bit skinny. I'll try to fix that. As for Manga Studio, it's $50. Sorry...