PDA

View Full Version : 'He likes RED! So that means he's mean!'

RYOUKI
October 26th, 2007, 07:26 AM
xD @ the title, xDD

You know what they say, title doesn't matter or was it..uh O_o

Anyways the real question of this thread is: 'Do you ever judge a book by it's cover?'

Not literally though, xD

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
October 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I subconsciously do on occasion.

Erimgard
October 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I will admit that I have a nasty habit of looking at people and making conclusions...however, when I force myself to get to know someone despite my assumptions, I usually find myself very accepting and tolerant of people.
so yeah, In my mind I can be judgmental, if I allow myself to actually get to know people, it takes a lot for me to judge someone

viridian doubletongue
October 26th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I do take judgements on people from just seeing them, or knowing something about them. But I always hold those judgements lightly. One of the things I hate most is to assume things about people, just for a superficial reason. I think everybody deserves a chance to really show you who they are.

But I think that anyone who says that they never make even fleeting decisions on a person before really knowing them, is lying. It's human nature , and it's perfectly alright. As long as you don't unneccesarily hold them to that.

Zorua
October 26th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I've held them every once in a while, and I stick to them for that same while. I sometimes judge people by looks, but they show me otherwise. And no, I still treat them like I treat other people, with the common R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I just think of them differently. Or make first assumptions in my mind. I'll get proven wrong eventually though.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM
sometimes, sometimes not. it all depends...

Extric
October 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I actually do judge people before I know them. I don't know why, but I've done it all of my life, but I usually all of my judgements are right. The only ones I don't get right are the people online.

diamondpearl876
October 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Sometimes, I do "judge a book by its cover." Usually the people who I think negatively of eventually become my friends though. :\

Melody
October 26th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Well, I try not to judge a book by it's cover. I'd rather get to know them first.
But yes, I do observe people and make assumptions but these are treated lightly. If I assume A and that person's best friend tells me B then B>A and I'll belive them over my assumptions. Of course I'll say but I thought "A" but if I'm wrong then so be it and I'll change my tune.

Stevo-kun
October 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Nah, I don't, every one is equal from first look, I only base an opinion once I know the person.

Shiny Umbreon
October 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
What? I don't read books. And the cover doesn't have to do anything with the books, duh. XD
Okay, serious now. No, I don't really judge people. For example, if a beautiful girl comes and everyone wants to be with her, I'll wait until actually knowing her before saying I like her. The exterior means nothing.

Wish
October 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I sometimes do, It's a hard habit to break. I get judged all the time based on my appearance unfortunately.

Waffle-San
October 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well the first time I see someone then my mind might chirp in something unwillingly but I'm quick to dismiss anything negative, I wouldn't want anyone to do it to me or my friends so I'm not going to.

Of course judging a book by its cover doesn't just refer to people, when it comes to objects I probabley judge it by the cover too much. Certain foods look to bad to try and sometimes I'll dismiss a movie or show without knowing much about it. But many times I have given things a try (wheter forcefully or not XD) and it turned out that I thought quite highly of them.

People:No Objects: unfortunatley too much.

johnlycett
October 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well sometimes i seem to judge a book by it's cover. But I say to myself it dosen't matter how they look you can't judge till you get to know them. One day this did happen to me, first day of high school I only stuck to my friends from primary school because I only had 1 friend in my class from primary school.I didn't want to get to know the other they looked weird, so one day i went and chated to them turned out they were nice guys.

Natalie♥
October 26th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Sometimes I'll judge a book by it's cover but I try to get to know the person before I judge them.

Rosefrost
October 26th, 2007, 04:10 PM
xD @ the title, xDD

You know what they say, title doesn't matter or was it..uh O_o

Anyways the real question of this thread is: 'Do you ever judge a book by it's cover?'

Not literally though, xDEvery once in awhile, yes.

Azonic
October 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM
wats a book?

Yes, if it doesn't have a good cover, I trash that book (like I do to most other books)

Lumine
October 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hahahahaha your kidding right? Nope never will, there will always be something special in everyone

Arcanine
October 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
For a second there, I thought this thread was about me (my title, my user name color, my fav color). But I was let down. ;.;
XD

But anyway. I tend not to judge people before I get to know them. They can act all smart or whatever and be one of the n00best people you'll run into. Or they act all n00by and when you get to know them they are really good. So I tend to give it time before judging.

Hakeen
October 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
For a second there, I thought this thread was about me (my title, my user name color, my fav color). But I was let down. ;.;
XD

You were/probably still are Ryouki's favourite, so it's probable.

I judge people alot, until I actually get to know them and others seem to like them more (that's how much of an impact I make on my friends)... I'm joking, I think.

RYOUKI
October 27th, 2007, 01:43 AM
You were/probably still are Ryouki's favourite, so it's probable.
lawlwhut? xD
What? I don't read books. And the cover doesn't have to do anything with the books, duh. XD
i judge books from it's cover, literally

Anyways, I admit it. I sometimes do judge 'A book by it's cover' well, only sometimes.

It isn`t rarely for the person's looks be different by it's uh...attitude, ya` know? and sometimes I can be wrong. Meh... just sometimes I dob't actually judge a person, I stalk them hangout with them and sometime syeah, it might last 5 seconds if his/her attitude is really uh...something O_o

Shadow_Yue
October 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Only if someone does something like step on my foot when they KNOW it wasn't an accident. Other than that if I look at someone I assume that I'll never see them for the rest of my life and there's no need to make judgements...yet.

(I litterally do judge books by their covers though. That's why I'm always walking around the book store for 20 min. )

Lady Nicole
October 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
If you mean stereotypes, I hate them. I often mock stereotypes.

But overall I try not to jump to conclusions.

The Real AAA
October 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, if the cover and the title sounds really lame I just pick another book

Jordan
October 28th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Not anymore, although I may be skeptical to talk to some people because of their clique.

Jordan.

Allstories
October 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I don't really judge books by their covers metaphorically.

However, I do literally.

Đ a r κ
October 28th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, I do judge people on their looks, but I don't make that a disadvantage to them. I treat everyone the exact same, no one I've met have been treated a special way that divides them from others. Although, I tend to be a bit anti social, so I usually listen to conversations and learn that some people are different then how they look, and though I treat everyone the same, I keep all my thoughts about their looks in my mind. I'm saving those thoughts for a time to trash talking >:]

Ichikool
October 28th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Only sometimes... depends.
Weird looking/acting city people, yeah....

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
I don't but other people do, I either get called being Punk, Emo or Gothic its so annoying. I have to get to know the person before I judge them about anything

:t354:TG