• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav starter

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 8, 2008
What's your favourite starter and what do you think is the strongest starter?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I've always been fond of Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip. (Yes, yes. u herd i liek mudkips.) Squirtle because Ash's was always awesome in my eyes, Cyndaquil because of a combination of being cute and kicking Johto's tails, and Mudkip because of a combination of being cute and evolving into an awesome Water/Ground Pokemon.

As for strongest, I really can't say. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. That and I haven't touched DP and can't give an accurate answer anyway.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
Years
My favourite starters are Squirtle and Bulbasaur closely followed by Chikorita. Yes, I like them because they are cute ^_^

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Charmander and Chikorita are my favorites.

Once evolved, Charizard is my single favorite. x3

But I've always figured the fire-type starters to be the strongest,
at least at first. Now after they evolve, I think I'd go with the water starters.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2008
Piplup
1. its adorable in the anime its soooooooooooooooooooo cute
2 its final evo is a water steel type
3 its a bird which i like

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen May 18, 2015
Piplup if you're talking about the first form, if you're talking about my overall favorite, it's Empoleon.

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 8, 2008
Well to me my fav starter is Mudkip beacause it evolves into Swampert and its powerful.Don't you like squirtle or bulbasaur?

geckoriot

THE MIGH'Y POOCH
Years
I really love Chikorita! I miss having a Meganium on a current game. I've always thought he was the cutest. As for strongest? uhm, I really have no idea :S tbh, I don't really use starter Pokemon on competitive teams
Chimchar seems to be a popular choice though

Years
My favourite starter Pokemon is and has always been Charmander. Its evolved forms are okay as far as strength and attacks are concerned, but as far as personal preference goes, Charmander outranks them both tenfold.

Cyndaquil is my second favourite starter overall, and my favourite of the Johto generation. Well, Cyndaquil and its first evolved form, Quilava, to be more accurate - I like those two Pokemon equally. Typhlosion... yeah, it's pretty strong in battle, and I do like it, but it doesn't get as much personal preference from me as its two pre-evolved forms.

I broke my fire-type tradition in the Hoenn generation by starting with Mudkip. Let's face it, Mudkip's just too adorable for words, and once it gets into its upper evolved stages, it's one heck of an opponent-kicking machine.

Shiraishi

Orz
Years
Omg. No one gave an actual good reason as to why the starter that they chose is good. I chose Swampert with Infernape coming in close second. Swampert has insane base stat distribution which allows him to tank like mad. Infernape ended the reign of SkarmBliss which was deadly in 3rd gen @_@

Back