PDA

View Full Version : Reports

Hakeen
October 28th, 2007, 11:03 PM
How often do you report posts? And which section are most of your reports in?

johnlycett
October 28th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Well I seem to report alot, to many people spam, say off topic stuff and break the rules.
I say it's fair for me to be reporting some idiotic post that don't need to be posted( It's mainly the beginners not that i have anything against them) Well when we look at how many times a week, i do about 2-8 a month.

I mostly report in rom-hacking section since the mods don't visit there often so.... I report some that are pure spam.

Inept Prodigy
October 28th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I've reported a few times, but they were in random threads I come across when I'm looking around the forums. So, it's not really in one particular section.

Lumine
October 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Particularly spams if I see one but Im too lazy to report sometimes -__-

Ayano Katagiri
October 29th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I only do it sometimes... I don't know why, but I get easily put off by that default message that appears on the reporting page.

RYOUKI
October 29th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Well, I only report rearely since I'm scared of reporting
Mostly, I just do it because i was bored and have nothing better to do

viridian doubletongue
October 29th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I seldom report posts actually. Mostly because I'm afraid I'll be incorrect or reporting isn't appropriate or something.

But someone else probably got there first anyway.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
October 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM
I barely report posts- I usually report threads.
Reporting posts, is not worth it unless the person every post had some kind of spam in it.
Then you feel good after they're banned.

Went
October 29th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I report a lot. I hate spammers.
And where? Well, in spammerland, AKA Hacks showcase, where a new spammer comes each day to say "Duh your game rules!" in all the threads (sometimes, even reposting the same comment over and over) and in Senselessly post land, to sum up, in Smarties-chan's zones, where you can find the most senseless and wrongly located threads and posts (sometimes I feel sorry for her).

Shika
October 29th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I report everyday too.
I think there are more spammers in MCG and OT than the others.
I don't know. Maybe just because I post in those 2 most? ^^'

シーツー
October 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I´ve never done and I won´t do so.
I also hate reports like I hate spammers, though... :/
(Please don't take it so serious.)

Sammi
October 29th, 2007, 10:00 AM
When I was actually a regular member, I reported whatever I saw in OVP before I was modded, and everything I saw on the New Posts page after I was modded. Those were the places I hung out at, so I could see what was wrong. Now, I can't report anymore unless there's something I feel is wrong but just can't deal with. So much for being lazy. </3

Virtual Headache
October 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I report every time I see something which breaks the rules.
It's awesome if you aren't the one who's got to take care of the reports =D

I make most reports in the sections I spend most time in, DP, NUW and sometimes OVP and other Chat too.

Vavavoom ♣
October 29th, 2007, 12:02 PM
0.o ... Well, the choices aren't really detailed. I mean, the forum isn't full of spammers. But sadly, I must choose " Every single day ". Specially in the section where I go a lot. :3

Chikara
October 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I do whenever I see something that needs closing or is really rude or mean >>

Besides that, I'm not on the hunt for reports.

sims796
October 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I agree with Misstress Chikara.

I don't hunt for reports, however I report whenever I feel something is wrong. Which is pretty often. Am I wrong for that? No. Don't get mad at the reporters, get mad at the SPAMMERS.

Still, I mainly hang around the Video Games section.

diamondpearl876
October 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I don't report unless I remember to report. Usually, I'll just post my little mini-mod post, and then the real mods come around and say, "Well, why didn't anyone report this?"

Extric
October 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I rarely use the report feature. I only use it when I see a post that is spam or is completely off topic and sometimes I only do that if the person isn't new since they new people are probally still learning.

Himawarii
October 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hardly ever.I'm usually hanging around the less spammy areas of PC.~xD

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 29th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Not often, but I might start doing it more...

Shiny Umbreon
October 29th, 2007, 03:06 PM
At first, I didn't use to report because I didn't know there was a report button, but then I reported when I saw rules breaking (often) in the D/P forum. Now I rarely report because I don't visit other forums too much, at least not to see spam everyday as I'm used to in my forum.

Rebellious Treecko
October 29th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I don't report often. I usually report spam, rude posts, flaming, etc.
I do feel a bit bad after reporting the person though.

I'm mostly afraid to report swearing/rude posts by mods, because I might get in trouble.

Melody
October 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I dont hesitate to report posts but since i hang right out here in OVP I dont see much spam since Signomi did and Sammy does a very good job in modding here. But From time to time I do find rule breaking posts and I do report them.

I'm careful about reporting but If I feel that a post is breaking the rules I report it.

TwilightBlade
October 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I used to send a sea of reports for the D/P wifi trading threads ahh.. But I've laid off sorta now. :<

Memory
October 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I report sometimes, mostly in OC. Sometimes other places. *shrugs* I don't go hunting for posts or threads to report, they just find their way to me. xD

Midnight Beat
October 29th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I report something if it's breaking the rules. But it's not like I go hunting for reports, I just send one if I happen to come across something that needs to be reported.

Astinus
October 29th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I used to report whenever I found some post that broke the rules. But after a while, and I remained only in two sections, I found the need to report has fallen. Those sections are very quiet, a place where most new members don't go, or they are very well-moderated. So I just let things slide, unless the need is there.

Razer302
October 30th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I don't report people that often. I have only reported 1 member recently that had done ever post as SPAM. I know a lot of people report so I only report if it is really bugging me.

Wish
October 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I try my best to report posts. Usually I report posts anywhere I see a post which broke the rules.

zel 2.0
October 30th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I'd vote for "Never", but since it also says "Because I'm scared" I guess I won't pick it. In fact, I don't report because: I don't want to bother about it, and mainly, because I simply don't pay attention to the spammers around (but I guess some people enjoy hunting spammers, so well, do whatever you want)

If I ever see anything weird, most likely I'll just send a PM to the person in charge, but that is also very rare, either.

The Real AAA
October 31st, 2007, 04:25 AM
idk I report when I see a spam thread or a pointless post which can happen any time so idk wut that fits in

Cherrim
October 31st, 2007, 08:51 AM
The first time I was modded, we didn't have a report system, so I had to PM all my reports. :C It was so long ago I forget where I would've PM'd them from. Probably the equivalent of OVP, Other Chat, Q&F, or Webbie's Discussion. 8D; More recently, when I quit and came back, I did report a lot. Mostly in the Other Entertainment sections, Other Chat/OVP, and the gaming sections aside from D/P. :x

Now I just kinda... don't.

sims796
October 31st, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm just a tad bit confused. Why would a mod (or admin) need to report? I thought you hand out warnings, and handle the situation upfront.

Am I missing something?

Waffle-San
November 1st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Well the Mod's don't have power out of their designated forum (I think) so that explains it for them.

As far as reporting goes I think I've only had 3 reports, I think 2 were in Other Chat and one in Strategies and Movesets, the one in Movestets was for continuous spam (sims might remember that cause we all reported him) the other two was a spam thread and a thread insulting all PC members.

Normally I don't report except when I think it's really needed or someone's already told them to stop. It's more specific threads then individual posts.

Sammi
November 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm just a tad bit confused. Why would a mod (or admin) need to report? I thought you hand out warnings, and handle the situation upfront.

Am I missing something?

As for the admins that have replied (and myself), we're just answering about what we did in the past.

Although I did report a few things as a s-mod. One was to point out a typo. A few others were threads that I wasn't sure about. I usually got on my other account for those.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 05:46 AM
I don't report, I leave that to the Mod's and Administrators to do that for me, because it is there job

:t354:TG

Ausaudriel
November 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
I don't report, I leave that to the Mod's and Administrators to do that for me, because it is there job

:t354:TG
You know.. if you see something breaking the rules, it only takes a few seconds to hit the "report" button, and a lot of times moderators miss things on their own. :x If you see something needed to be reported, I implore you: report it. XD

Merzbau
November 3rd, 2007, 07:09 AM
I report if there's something blatantly stupid going on.

Otherwise, forget that, I'll let the mods find it; I'm not being that dude's buzzkill.

kohei
November 3rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
I voted once, just last week. Until then I didn't know the report button existed.

However, I DID have tons of fun with the troll. Trolls who actually stay to argue are awesome.