PDA

View Full Version : PokeSpecial scansription...?

shewholovespineapples
October 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
OK, so there are a lot of people who can scan, but the scans are all in... a lot of different languages and stuff. I have volumes 1 - 24 in English, and can scan if necessary, but with all the other scans out there I'd rather not... so, I figured, if we can gather links to various scans in various languages, we can just retype what's in the English version, and not have to worry about translating... and... umm... yeah. ^^' So basically... do you guys think this is a good idea, or just stealing...? And, umm... if you guys could post links to scans in any language, that would be great, too...

Ed Phoenix
October 29th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think it's a great idea. I've heard/seen a bunch of scans and stuff, but there all over the place. It would be nice to have one organized set of scans for each volume.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get all of yours in English?

shewholovespineapples
October 29th, 2007, 06:06 PM
^_^ EBay, from the seller Daigames. I'd post the link to her store but I haven't made enough posts yet...

If you don't mind me asking, where are some of the places you've seen scans?

Ed Phoenix
October 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
eBay huh?

that seems reasonable.

About the scans, I've seen a bunch of them on this site, but that's about it. =P

chamo-chan
October 30th, 2007, 05:15 AM
I think it's a good idea!!
(and on an unrelated note, ^ I like the pairing.)

Hellsblood
October 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well, it's true that there are many scans of pokemon special out there...... But trust me, they're NOT everlasting. (the imagehosts kinda like to delete old files you know)
Although, Ruby_Norman have a thread in this section of the forum where he give out scans of the a bit newer volumes, you might wanna take a look.

EDIT: Don't be afraid about scanning the English Volumes, since the newest one on this forum (completed) is Volume 9.

shewholovespineapples
October 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Eh, well I could always save them on my computer and reupload them if needed...

Yup, I've been thinking about scanning, but I'm really lazy and obsessed with keeping my books in good condition, so I'd rather not have to if there are already people who've scanned volumes in other languages. (I know, I'm selfish... ^^') EDIT: Plus, my dad freaks out whenever I infringe on copyright... you see, it is part of his job to get copyright-infringers in trouble, and so he goes around all day associating coypright infringement with getting sued... he didn't even want me to read what nicoleb scanned...

*cough* ANYWAY... thanks to all of you.

chamo-chan
October 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM
.........................wow....

Silverdragonlaura
October 30th, 2007, 06:35 PM
! can You scan your volumes? Pleeeeeaaaase???? :)
(i'm on my knees here.)

shewholovespineapples
October 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM
^_^'' Probably. But it'll take a while.

chamo-chan
October 30th, 2007, 06:50 PM
^ Hoorah! I'm excited!!!!!

shewholovespineapples
October 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Please don't be, I'm still trying to figure out how to use ImageShack. >_<'

Gokey Shuckle
October 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Chamo-chan, keep in mind that the forum rules state your posts must have at least 4 words AND 25 characters in them. If you haven't read the rules yet, do so time. It may save you from getting warnings in the future.

Hellsblood
October 31st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Oh well, we can't force you into breaking any rules.....
But as I meantioned earlier, the other ways to do it aren't easy. (haven't actually said how long it would take, too.)

Maxim
November 1st, 2007, 05:39 AM
^_^'' Probably. But it'll take a while.

Oh. Cool! You're going to scan! Huzzah! I'm so happy.

But please, don't start with Volume 1! Start with Volume 10. Everybody knows Volumes 1-9.

Uh, your dad is a policeman. Poor girl.

Hellsblood
November 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM
And IF you're going to scan and distribute the scans, make them downloadable (pack them using winrar and upload them at megaupload)
As I said before, the image hosts like to delete old images, so you might save yourself some work if you do the safer thing first :)

shewholovespineapples
November 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
^^'' I was going to start at Volume 10, of course.

And he's not a policeman, he works for a bank...

Thanks for the advice, Hellsblood.

But we are getting way off-topic here... >_<

coolguy5
November 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
OK, so there are a lot of people who can scan, but the scans are all in... a lot of different languages and stuff. I have volumes 1 - 24 in English, and can scan if necessary, but with all the other scans out there I'd rather not... so, I figured, if we can gather links to various scans in various languages, we can just retype what's in the English version, and not have to worry about translating... and... umm... yeah. ^^' So basically... do you guys think this is a good idea, or just stealing...? And, umm... if you guys could post links to scans in any language, that would be great, too... can u please post pokemon special 18 and 19? im dying to read them! please!

shewholovespineapples
November 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
can u please post pokemon special 18 and 19? im dying to read them! please!

>____< I think everyone on this forum has an alarm in his or her mind that is triggered by the consecutive use of the letters S, C, A and N. When this alarm goes off, a signal is sent to the fingers, and they automatically start typing requests... not to say I'm any better.

Grimsg
November 2nd, 2007, 04:39 AM
Hi guys,

I understand your generosity and desire to read all the Pokemon Adventures comics free but why not purchase the books for real! I sell to people all over the world and accept payment easily through Paypal. If you would like to purchase them, please feel free to drop me a note to work out a reasonable postage price.

Also, if you do purchase the books, you get an actual physical spiffy copy of the book in all its amazing quality, way better than reading a scan! Plus, the person scanning the books gets to save them by not having to bend and contort his precious books into various shapes just to get the perfect scan.

So do yourselves a favor: Save up your Christmas money and purchase the books for real : )

Grimsg

Hellsblood
November 2nd, 2007, 06:09 AM
As far as I know, to legally use PayPal or any money transfering methods, you have to be 18 or over.
And I would actually believe, myself that most members of this forum(those intrested in Pokemon) are below that age and by the time they are 18, their intrest might've being gone already...
Although, not EVERYTHING is better with a book, is it?
While it's true that you get a brand new copy of the volume and a book of your own that you can touch physically, there's a catch...
If you lose that book, it's gone and the only chance to get it back is to buy a new, not that promising, isn't it?
While with a scanned version,you can re-download it at anytime, provided that the scanlater does as he should, deposit his files at a safe place or preferly, two.
As for destroying the scanned book by scanning, I don't think anyone force the scanlator into scanning at all, just encourage, the rest is up to the person.

Oh well, that was just my opinion and I don't think I got the time to type more than this, feel free to criticize me if you want.

Maxim
November 2nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
As far as I know, to legally use PayPal or any money transfering methods, you have to be 18 or over.
And I would actually believe, myself that most members of this forum(those intrested in Pokemon) are below that age and by the time they are 18, their intrest might've being gone already...

Just tell your father/mother to click and voila. Your parents are adult, aren't they?

Although, not EVERYTHING is better with a book, is it?

You're right. It's always much money to spend (the less money you spend, the better).

And Chuang Yi's quality is far from perfect. When I last bought some books from Grimsg (not Pokespecial, the only Pokespecial volumes I own are 23 and 24), one book was defective (cut in the left, some of dialogues are unreadable [because they're cut off]), and the other one was terribly bent. I know these are Chuang Yi's fabrical errors, so I don't blame Grimsg for them. It's okay.

But don't worry, I don't want you to prevent you guys from buying manga at Grimsg. All other books were Okay. I was buying at Grimsg twice. And the first time ALL books were flawless. And I'm certainly going to buy more from her.

While it's true that you get a brand new copy of the volume and a book of your own that you can touch physically, there's a catch...

That's right. But finding ANY scans in the vast Internet is also quite a catch. They're so rare.

If you lose that book, it's gone and the only chance to get it back is to buy a new, not that promising, isn't it?

I'm the only owner of Chuang Yi's Pokemon Manga in my country. I'm too caring to lose them.

As for destroying the scanned book by scanning, I don't think anyone force the scanlator into scanning at all, just encourage, the rest is up to the person.

Well, if you want to make a RAW, you must sacrifice your book. There's also a digital camera but the camera "scans" quality sucks. But that's still possible to SCAN (with scanner) without destroying book, it's hard but possible. The quality will be worse, but always.

I don't think I'll ever be able to see Volumes 10-22 in understandable language. So, shewholovespineapples please do your best. I have volumes 10-16 (scans) in Korean (mid-low quality) but I don't really know where to upload them. It would be a perfect material to scanslate.

Hellsblood
November 2nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Just tell your father/mother to click and voila. Your parents are adult, aren't they?
Heh, yeah, that they are. :P
But MY problem at the moment really isn't the age, it's the economy. :( ( Better not plunge deep into it, but I'll buy a book or two very soon)
Aside from that, not all parents are happy to let their kids buy a set of books for 350 $, right?

That's right. But finding ANY scans in the vast Internet is also quite a catch. They're so rare.
They aren't as rare as you think, but of course,they aren't in English.

I'm the only owner of Chuang Yi's Pokemon Manga in my country. I'm too caring to lose them.

Well, I'm sure not all of us have that title. :P

I don't think I'll ever be able to see Volumes 10-22 in understandable language
Don't doubt, I'm sure you will, it's just gonna take a while, as through searching, I've found that several dedicated scanlating groups ARE going to scan the pokespecial manga, although, the manga they're currently scanlating must end first......
As for me, I'm sure I will, in a short while.

Well, if you want to make a RAW, you must sacrifice your book. There's also a digital camera but the camera "scans" quality sucks. But that's still possible to SCAN (with scanner) without destroying book, it's hard but possible. The quality will be worse, but always.
Well,good things comes with a price, least the book will still be minor readable.

So, shewholovespineapples please do your best. I have volumes 10-16 (scans) in Korean (mid-low quality) but I don't really know where to upload them. It would be a perfect material to scanslate.

Well, I think I might be able to help you to extend that 10-16 to 10-23, PM me.
As myself, I don't think I got enough time to dedicate myself with scanlating, even though I want to contribute something for the people here in the forums.

shewholovespineapples
November 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Grimsg, do you ever get bored of posting that whenever someone asks for scans? xD

Aside from that, not all parents are happy to let their kids buy a set of books for 350 $, right?

My mom certainly wasn't...

--

View Post
So, shewholovespineapples please do your best. I have volumes 10-16 (scans) in Korean (mid-low quality) but I don't really know where to upload them. It would be a perfect material to scanslate.

Could you email them to me? Please?

--

Hellsblood
November 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
As myself, I don't think I got enough time to dedicate myself with scanlating, even though I want to contribute something for the people here in the forums.
Argh, nevermind that, I checked the links and the V. 16 plus were missing chapters.....
Well, all but V.17 and V. 21(131 MB!!!)
Anyhow, I'll check into that tomorrow...

Maxim
November 3rd, 2007, 02:20 AM

What do you mean?

You have volumes 17-23? What language?! Okay, I'll PM you. Any scan is good for me, in any language and readable quality.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't read your second post. I was too excited.

Mileyangel
November 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Wow. Great idea!! Unfortunatly, I can't contribute, but I sure hope to see some scans soon(I know, I'm greedy)!