PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Halloween Treat

digi-kun
October 31st, 2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, we've all met them before
In every neighborhood, there's that one guy that's passing out something OTHER than candy on Halloween

What's the strangest thing you've received on Halloween?

Shiny Umbreon
October 31st, 2007, 06:34 PM
Since Halloween is not that popular here, people always give cheap candies. And I haven't gone out to ask for candies for years so I don't remember if I ever saw something strange.

EDIT: I don't know why I read the title as "Strongest Halloween Thread" XD

Memory
October 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
One year I got some warm apple cider, but I think that's the strangest I've received.

sims796
October 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
I got a freakin apple. What the fudge?! Who gives fruit?! This was a few years back.

Can I mention the best? Last Hallow's Eve, my nephew got a cake from a bakery! Sweet!

diamondpearl876
October 31st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Umm.. people don't really give away weird things here. Non-candy-wise though, we get pretzels, popcorn, tattoos, juice boxes, and other crap.

Midnight Beat
October 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
One year I got a ruler. I mean come on, who goes trick-or-treating for a ruler?!!?

MegaDitto
October 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
A Tampon

No......I'm not kidding.

Hinamori_Momo
October 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
A few years ago I got SCHOOL SUPPLIES! Yeah. A ruler, calculator, pencils, pens, you name the supply it's there.

Ausaudriel
October 31st, 2007, 07:19 PM
A Tampon

No......I'm not kidding.
rofl XD That's.. I hope you're a girl, otherwise it'll be even more "wtf."

Well my strangest doesn't compare to a tampon, but I once got a packet of assorted vitamin things. I don't even think adults are allowed to give that kind of stuff out to minors. XD

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
October 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
^^; Mine also doesn't compare to the ones stated above~

But, there was this old guy in my neighborhood and he was a dentist, soo, he always handed out toothbrushes.

The year after that, it was dental floss. x3~

Ausaudriel
October 31st, 2007, 07:36 PM
^^; Mine also doesn't compare to the ones stated above~

But, there was this old guy in my neighborhood and he was a dentist, soo, he always handed out toothbrushes.

The year after that, it was dental floss. x3~
Eergh, my Aunt does that. :| She's a dental assistant. When we used to go to her house on Halloween she'd make us give out this pack with a toothbrush, a small thing of some toothpaste, and floss and stuff, and we would always be like "nobody will want this, it's Halloween, they want candy." XD

Sammi
October 31st, 2007, 08:14 PM
We went to the house that was right next to this church once. In addition to getting a little bit of candy, we got a little pamphlet with religious stuff in it, I think they were little games. Not exactly what you'd expect on Halloween, is it?

That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. D:

johnlycett
October 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
I got the most stupidest thing ever A trick <_<
This guy did a dance for 2 seconds and told me to go away. I was dissapointed. But then I have got a really good one, my friends and went out late and we where the last ones 15 bucks each $_$

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 31st, 2007, 09:33 PM
A drunk guy gave me a bottle cap when I was 11. He kind of...threw it at me...

Ausaudriel
October 31st, 2007, 09:41 PM
A drunk guy gave me a bottle cap when I was 11. He kind of...threw it at me...
I.. don't think that was a "treat" then. XD Probably like, "hey kid gtfo of my way *pelts with a bottle cap*" >_>

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 31st, 2007, 09:43 PM
I.. don't think that was a "treat" then. XD Probably like, "hey kid gtfo of my way *pelts with a bottle cap*" >_>

Well, I suppose if that doesn't qualify, the toothbrush and paste I received from that lame dentist down the street does. We learned to keep away from that house.

Cherrim
October 31st, 2007, 09:57 PM
When I was living in another city, around the age of 5 or 6, there were two dentists in the neighbourhood. One would give out trick-or-treat bags made of cloth to the local kids (not the ones who'd get dropped off in the area by the van load); they were very well made (I think they made them themselves?), but it was one of the weirder things I've ever gotten trick-or-treating, and definitely one of the most memorable. But the other dentist in the area? He gave out the most sugary candies. XD; It's amusing to think back on the utter contrast between the two.

Spaekle Oddberry
November 1st, 2007, 12:06 PM
I got a pamphlet on how Jesus is my savior. Why go door to door or stand in front of Wal-Mart when you can just disappoint some kids? D:

Himawarii
November 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Expired coupons :x
I got them last night and I was like "Wtf!" xD

The Real AAA
November 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
A popcorn ball last night n a pencil last year

Azonic
November 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
I was really creeped out 2 years ago when someone plopped a potato in my bag ._.;

Merzbau
November 1st, 2007, 03:58 PM
lol my little brother got mixed nuts yesterday.

Not to mention the always "terrific" treat of JESUS at church yesterday since my family's full of fundies.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
A few years ago, A GOT A FREAKIN' PENCIL!!

Sheena--Fujibayashi
November 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately I was unlucky enough to get some candy wrappers with no candies in them. Dx

Lilith
November 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Hmm.. A pumpkin plushie lol. One year somebody egged my house and cars. >_>;

Lumine
November 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hmm.. A pumpkin plushie lol. One year somebody egged my house and cars. >_>;

Uhoh might have been me =P I love egging peoples houses at the end of the year XD

Anyways for me it has to be a can of coke..

digi-kun
November 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
mmm, digi received cough drops for some reason this year...i also got a little cape w/ hood, but ya XD

I know my friend's mom hands out educational toys though XD

Ullion
November 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I think one time, multiple different houses handed me sant-shaped milk choclate. Last time I checked, Christmas is in DECEMBER. DD:

Gunn
November 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
ABC gum. I was pissed and disgusted. When I first discovered it, the piece was all squishy, so I assumed it was melted or something.

Waffle-San
November 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
Well I got a toothbrush one year but I think that's about the weirdest thing. Considering I don't think it was a dentists house.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
November 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
We went to the house that was right next to this church once. In addition to getting a little bit of candy, we got a little pamphlet with religious stuff in it, I think they were little games. Not exactly what you'd expect on Halloween, is it?

That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. D:
I got a religious pamphlet once, too. xD I think they were Jehovah's Witnesses or something. I just dropped it by their door after they closed it. xD

This year, My grandma gave me mixed nuts, three tins of cinnamon mints from curves, and Clark Bars. WTF? I didn't even know they still made Clark Bars. Ew. xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 06:03 AM
they gave me cough drops some stupid idiots in a store which I forgot, and I went to the Chinese resteraunt and they gave me Fortune cookies [which were good BTW]

I mean come on, who gives cough drops on Halloween?

:t354:TG

Natalie♥
November 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
One year I got a toothbrush and then this year I got a small bible. Who gives out bibles???

Anti
November 3rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
One year I got a toothbrush and then this year I got a small bible. Who gives out bibles???

People who think they can convince poeple to switch religions by giving that stuff out to trick-or-treaters apparently O_O

I got jello one year 0_0

Shiny Umbreon
November 3rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
You're right, especially with Hallowe'en being a kinda demonic celebration...

Natalie♥
November 3rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
I'd rather have jello then a bible. I also got a pack of crayon from an older couple.

Anti
November 3rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'd rather have jello then a bible. I also got a pack of crayon from an older couple.

The worst was some veggy thing...it was the weirdest thing. I can honestly say I don't REALLY know what it was. Magazines...gee, I hate those.

Faceless*
November 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Someone gave me expired candy >_>