PDA

View Full Version : Booted Out!

Gummy
October 31st, 2007, 8:26 PM
Hey yall, I was just passing through the forum and I noticed that whenever I see a crossed out name on the list of online people, I immediately click them and check out their posts to see what they did wrong. I guess you can call my nosy, but what about you? Do you like to see the wrong-doings of your fellow PC members?

johnlycett
October 31st, 2007, 8:36 PM
I don't know if we are allowed to discuss but here goes.
Yeah i seem to see alot of booted out members online all the time it's kind of annoying.

How do they get into pc?
Well they use something that is called a proxyserver so then the cookies ain't detected.

Ausaudriel
October 31st, 2007, 8:42 PM
Checking out their posts is actually a really good idea. :0 Seeing what they did wrong will help you to avoid doing the same.

I'm usually curious about bans, so I check their profiles and such, but sometimes it isn't immediately obvious, and the staff doesn't give out ban info, so. :[

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 31st, 2007, 9:00 PM
I totally look at every banned member I come across. It's especially annoying when it's not apparent what they did wrong. xD That makes me want to pull my hair out. That happened recently, actually. =P

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 31st, 2007, 9:31 PM
Yes, but only because I'm a snoop. :3

Cherrim
October 31st, 2007, 9:51 PM
I'll check them out I know the person or if they have a funny name. XD; Otherwise I'm not too curious.

I prefer looking in closed threads to see why they were closed. D;

Hakeen
October 31st, 2007, 10:30 PM
I don't really care about the people that are banned unless I know them, if I did know them, I'd get interested and stuff.

Melody
October 31st, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm very nosy. XD I always click on Banned members I see online. I'm curious because I wanna know what they did to get banned. I'd like to avoid doing what they did so I dont get banned.

Kind of hard to not be like the banned members when they wont even tell you what they did to get banned in the first place.
But that's a whole different topic that I'll not even bother with wondering about unless I become an admin somehow.
Pfft. Like that's ever gonna happen. If I ever do get admin here I'll seriously eat my socks and post a video of it on youtube for all to see.
I bet there's a few good reasons behind the closed door Policy around here anyway.

But I do look at their profile and their posts and all and usually I can tell what they did to get banned. If I cant tell right from looking at their posts I'll move on and not worry about it unless it's one of my friends.

Wish
November 1st, 2007, 2:20 AM
I'm VEERRY nosy. I check their recent posts. I get frustrated if I don't find out xP

RYOUKI
November 1st, 2007, 2:24 AM
I click their Names, and see what's on their profiles! Well, That's what I do...I'm not the curious type.

Alter Ego
November 1st, 2007, 2:26 AM
Ehh...I usually do it if it's a member I've seen around here a bit or if I'm feeling bored. And...I have to admit that seeing certain members booted actually brightens my day. Does that make me a horrible person? O=

Generally, though, I prefer snooping around locked topics. There's usually more to learn from those too. ^^

kohei
November 1st, 2007, 2:58 AM
Do it all the time. It's entertaining to see what they did wrong on an internet forum!

I personally miss "u suck". He wasn't a hit-and-run troll like other trolls, and his posts had good reasoning too.

[added] Does PC automatically hide the avatars of banned people? Because I've come to notice that every banned member I see doesn't have one.

zel 2.0
November 1st, 2007, 6:52 AM
I don't care at all about people who gets banned, they should know what they did to end up like that, and I know what to do to avoid becoming one of them, so...

And since most of the people close to me are people who behave properly, I don't have a reason to go snooping around other people's lifes. If they were to become banned, I'd just wonder about when will they return but that's it.

Astinus
November 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM
Of course I check. As a whole, humans are generally curious in the misery of others, so we see why others got banned. Plus, I guess it's just a warning card sometimes. We learn what obvious mistakes the banned member did and know to not make those mistakes.

Sometimes, though, the locked threads are actually more funny to look through. Especially the aftermath sometimes, when the original poster of the locked thread holds a tantrum because they can't see why the thread got closed. :x

Spaekle Oddberry
November 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Haha yeah, I do that. XD I check out closed threads too.

Himawarii
November 1st, 2007, 3:15 PM
I do,they're names really stick out on the online list,so it's hard to miss em x3;

The Real AAA
November 1st, 2007, 3:21 PM
I will only click on the username if I knew that person otherwise I will just ignore the username

Ichikool
November 1st, 2007, 3:26 PM
I do that too, desu, I'm very nosy. XD I the last posts made by the person before they were banned to see why. Sometimes I don't see why but... still very nosy, desu. One of my friends was recently banned, but I didn't bother to look why at all. ^^;

I also look at closed threads...XD;

Ullion
November 1st, 2007, 3:31 PM
I do depending on who they are. Usually I don't, but if I know them personally, then I go check out what happened. ;x

Azonic
November 1st, 2007, 3:33 PM
I click like crazy when I see booted people... like the time I just found out Scizz was booted ._.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 1st, 2007, 3:56 PM
well, if its someone who I know obviously spammed this forum half to death, then no. But if it was a member like Scizz (I'm still shocked) or one of my friends who doesn't normally cause trouble, then probably yes.

Dogboy2709
November 1st, 2007, 4:10 PM
I always check, when i see a name crossed off on the active user list i always see what they did wrong, or see how idioctic they can be (Depening on which got banned) yeah, i'm nosy.

I even snoop around for christmas gifts, but that's a whole nother story

Waffle-San
November 1st, 2007, 7:59 PM
Well whenever I see the names I pause for a second maybe look at their profile but never there psots, I'm too lazy. If they only have like 2 posts then I won't though because I can probabley guess along some lines of what they did and that's their loss and stupidity.

spenceroone3
November 2nd, 2007, 7:02 PM
Why was Scizz booted out anyway? He was the Assisstant Admin! 0.o
Sometimes if it was someone I know I'd probably check their final post.

MegaDitto
November 2nd, 2007, 7:09 PM
Why does it seem that just because it's a pokemon forum that members can't be banned?

Firebird306
November 2nd, 2007, 8:30 PM
I normally click on their name and check out their posts as I'm curious to see exactly what got them banned, most of them are obviously stupid and against the rules which makes me laugh.

~Ray-Mantine~
November 3rd, 2007, 3:21 AM
Nope, only if i know them or if there name is funny.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 5:05 AM
as a matter of fact I do, that. And most of the time I don't see what they have done wrong. Most of the time people on this forum get banned because there are too many people on this forum. Or other times, I laugh at the people that got booted out because of what they have wrote on here

:t354:TG

Godot
November 9th, 2007, 6:49 PM
I sometimes check to see if people get booted...

Why DID Scizz get the boot? Every time I saw his posts he always seemed to be doing his job well...

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 9th, 2007, 6:55 PM
Hey yall, I was just passing through the forum and I noticed that whenever I see a crossed out name on the list of online people, I immediately click them and check out their posts to see what they did wrong. I guess you can call my nosy, but what about you? Do you like to see the wrong-doings of your fellow PC members?

^ My thoughts EXACTLY.
But then sometimes the mods delete them,
so hopefully I view them first.

Ausaudriel
November 9th, 2007, 7:02 PM
Why DID Scizz get the boot? Every time I saw his posts he always seemed to be doing his job well...
Asking about ban information is, as has been said many times before, not allowed. >_>

I recommend dropping it. D: Chances are you'll never know.

Godot
November 9th, 2007, 7:06 PM
Whoops. My bad, I'll drop it.

Anti
November 9th, 2007, 7:06 PM
Well...yes. I'm sure people were snooping on me when I was temporarily banned. lol, I like checking to see if the spammy, n00bish users who are just annoying are banned...they often are, and usually what happens gives me a decent chuckle. lol

But I don't do it too often, I usually have other stuff to do. I like looking at locked threads, as those are always...interesting. lol

Scytheteen
November 9th, 2007, 7:12 PM
I guess you can consider me nosy. I sift through every single post that person made to see why they were banned

Chibi-chan
November 9th, 2007, 7:19 PM
...People actually do that? o.0
Honestly, if they got banned, it's none of my business. If it's a friend I care about, I try to ask other friends because I feel kinda nervous asking about something like that directly. Snooping around does what exactly? It just seems odd; they're banned, so move on. What's the point in laughing at someone else's mistakes?

Erimgard
November 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I sometimes click, sometimes don't
I usually click if it's someone I've seen posting a lot

Lady Nicole
November 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I always want to know why people get banned, for a few reasons:

1) I'm nosy
2) So I can make sure I don't do the same thing.

I'm surprised I haven't even got a warning yet for some of the things I've posted, actually...