PDA

View Full Version : "Actually, I can't..."

Shiny Umbreon
November 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Not so creative in the title this time...

Simple question. Is there something you are embarassed of for not being able to do it? Or something you think everybody but you knows? It can be anything that the majority of people does.

In my case, I haven't learned to ride bike. So I can't be a Pokémon Trainer :O

TwilightBlade
November 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
I can't whistle or blow a bubble with gum or stay on task.. And also burp (maybe if I have lots of soda lol). Kinda retarded stuff but still.. D:

Oh jeez, I was creating a commotion in the lunch line today since I said I couldn't eat spicy foods either.. XD

Eos Aduro
November 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
I cant have a good smile in pictures, I cant dance, thats pretty much it

Lumine
November 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
I haven't learned to ride bike.

You kidding me? go and practice now !!!!! =P

As for me hmm I sometimes cant crack an egg properly (yes laugh at me people..) and Im 18 and havent got my drivers license cause Im lazy like a Slaking...(getting them pretty soon though)

Sammi
November 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
In my case, I haven't learned to ride bike. So I can't be a Pokémon Trainer :O

Neither can I! We can fail to get our Pokemon Trainer licenses together! ♥

When I tried learning, I was afraid of falling, and I've just been too lazy to learn since then. ._.;

I also can't drive, but that's not as bad as not knowing how to ride a bike. ^_^;;

Shiny Umbreon
November 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I cant have a good smile in pictures, I cant dance, thats pretty much it
I'm not sure if that's exactly what I was asking. This is not something everybody does.
Neither can I! We can fail to get our Pokemon Trainer licenses together! ♥

When I tried learning, I was afraid of falling, and I've just been too lazy to learn since then. ._.;

I also can't drive, but that's not as bad as not knowing how to ride a bike. ^_^;;
Yay! I'm not alone in the world. At least you don't need balance while driving. It seems easier.

kohei
November 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
I still can't cook pasta to the al dente yet.
It's always overcooked...

[edit] This is sad, because I've been cooking ever since I was 11, and pasta is still by far my favorite Italian dish.

Ullion
November 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
I didn't learn until the summer between gr 7 and 8 for me. DD: (For riding a bike, that is)
I was also late in terms of being able to swim.
I also do NOT dance (I haven't danced in my life ebfore, and I'm terrified to actually start).
Oh man, and also in grade 8 in health class, I was like "What is masterbation?" and everyone started to laugh. I was like, "How was I suppossed to know? D:"

kohei
November 1st, 2007, 07:17 PM
Oh man, and also in grade 8 in health class, I was like "What is masterbation?" and everyone started to laugh. I was like, "How was I suppossed to know? D:"
As I. Grade 8 was full of new information, now that I look back at it.

Gunn
November 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Dancing. Unless I am just goofing around. I also like to be isolated from eyes when drawing. I feel embarrassed when people watch.

Waffle-San
November 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM
I can't really say no sometimes, like I can its just that general sense of public speaking. Actually that's wrong, I'm fine public speaking, I love to preform.
But if a Wendey's person got my order wrong I'm too scared to go tell them, I don't know why. Sometimes I'm even afraid to ask my friends if we can hang out at their place because I'm scared of offending them.

Eos Aduro
November 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, which is ANNOYING because I have to plan everything, dude you ARENT asking yourself over if we decide to hang out and I say how bout my house. And stuff that everyone does that Im bad at? Well, i mix up letters when I write sometimes

Idiot!
November 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Gah, I can't even get others to listen when I speak half of the time.

Jubilation
November 1st, 2007, 11:14 PM
I can't whistle at all =\

Went
November 2nd, 2007, 12:09 AM
Let's see... Can't ride a bike, can't whistle, and can't stand the flash of a camera without closing my eyes, so I appear in half of my photos with them closed. My mother always gets angry when that happens.

Amoeba
November 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
There are plenty of things most other people can do and I cannot. Not that I feel embarrassed most of the time, I just can't do them.

Like another user, I cannot burp. At all. Not forced, and not even naturally. If I drink something like lemonade or beer (I don't consume fizzy drinks often), I don't burp ever. Instead I get a sore or bloated stomach, or I throw up. I try to burp, but I just can't do it. I haven't done it since I was little - I used to be able to do it. What is the worst is when I say I can't burp, people think I mean I'm too embarrassed or it'd be rude, and it usually takes a lot of explaining to tell them I'm actually physically incapable of doing it, then for another ages they don't believe me.

I cannot have a normal conversation with anyone who isn't a good friend or family member (and sometimes even then I struggle). I don't really know the details behind this, I don't know exactly what I say that's wrong, but I can't hold a conversation. The other person gets this awkward look like they just don't want to be in the situation of talking to me any longer. Probably because I run out of things to talk about quickly, they know next to nothing of what I'm talking about, and I know next to nothing of what they're talking about.

I cannot dance. I have never danced. I don't care to dance. I don't like dancing. Again, it's not that I look stupid or get embarassed, I actually haven't the slightest clue how to do it.

I guess that's enough of my inadequacies for now.

Razer302
November 2nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
I can't dance. I am so bad at it.

I can't whistle either. I have never been able to do it.

I was late learning to ride a bike. My younger sister could do it before me.

_Prince_
November 2nd, 2007, 05:25 AM
I can't dance, I totally flop at dancing and I can't whistle. I've tried so many times I just can't do it. =/

Pikabloo
November 2nd, 2007, 05:28 AM
I can't dance nor can I whistle. I'm not too bothered about not being able to do these things, though. There's a whole bunch of stuff I can do, so why worry about the stuff I can't do?

sims796
November 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
I can't ride a bike, either. I was never taught. I also can't swim.

Tsugaru
November 2nd, 2007, 07:09 AM
I can't dance or sing. I look and sound like woah. O.o; Anyway, I can do many things, I don't really mind not being able to sing or dance(even though I love DDR which I'm pretty good at).

Dawg 2005
November 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
(even though I love DDR which I'm pretty good at).

DDR isn't really dancing. XD

I can't snap my fingers, believe it or not. I can dance to an extent. That extent being Crank Dat Soulja Boy. :] Be jealous, I'm learning the 2 Step. XD

I can't stay focused unless something visual is going on, and I can't do work when it's quiet (well not as good as when there's some noise).

There's a number of things I can't do, but just won't come to mind. :3

Lady Berlitz
November 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
I can't dance, sing, whistle, or, weirdly, know how to make friends.
I was a bit late at maturing, and I just started noticing everything when I was 11! (and, by the way, I'm 13 now.)

Ichikool
November 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Blahh, a lot, desu. I cannot dance or whistle well at all. When I try to dance I suck and when I whistle, it only sounds like nothing. =(

And also, I never learned to sew. They were supposed to teach us in Home Ec two years ago, but my teacher died and we had a bunch of clueless substitutes. Others in that class got to sew though... and another thing. This is sad... I can't talk to someone I really know or even care to get to know them. It's weird that I'm shy I guess, but I don't have the confidence to introduce myself unless they do first. They have to want to confront me first before I make friends. And I'm mostly quiet at school.

Azonic
November 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
^^ soulja boy fan... niice... 2 Step.... niice....

I luv tem(not litterally... but u get teh point)

I can't burp... <.<;

And I also can't think of anything else... I'm sure there's more

Wish
November 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
In my case, I haven't learned to ride bike.

You are not the only one. I haven't learned to ride yet.

I cannot speak properly. >.< I keep my accent. I get teased for not speaking an American accent.

I can't dance >.<

Himawarii
November 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
I can't ride a bike for crap >___>;
You laugh,you die D:

I had bad experiences with the thing as a child,and as far as I know,I am the only one in my school who can't use one XD;

Firebird306
November 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
I can barely ride a bike (and I'm not interested in doing so), I'm a bad swimmer, I can't dance (don't intend to) and I take horrendous photos. >_<

LaurenLOVESTONED
November 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
i can't dive. people laugh at me for it.
i don't know my left from right-my dad screamed at me for this when we went driving the other week
i can't throw or catch at all

Ausaudriel
November 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
i can't dive. people laugh at me for it.
i don't know my left from right-my dad screamed at me for this when we went driving the other week
i can't throw or catch at all
Well, how old are you? o.o I mean, I know people who didn't get their license until they were like 20, so..

As for me, I can't really think of anything.. XD; I'm sure there's something, but I can't collect my thoughts at the moment. >_<

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 05:24 AM
I can't dance unless if you want to hxc then Yea I can do that, I also can't sing because I'm not the singing type. I also need to learn how to whistle

:t354:TG

LaurenLOVESTONED
November 3rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Well, how old are you? o.o I mean, I know people who didn't get their license until they were like 20, so..

As for me, I can't really think of anything.. XD; I'm sure there's something, but I can't collect my thoughts at the moment. >_<

i'm sixteen on my learners permit. i can't wait to get my p's lol

Anti
November 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
I can't dance...however, give me enough sugar, and I temporarily lose my mind and start doing the robot...and very well!

Anyhow, I really fail at cooking. REALLY fail. This is why I need sims, to cook for me.

LaurenLOVESTONED
November 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Anyhow, I really fail at cooking. REALLY fail. This is why I need sims, to cook for me.

i can't cook waffles/ i cook everything else well, but waffles. i have never ever not burnt a waffle. so if you master waffles we can do tagteam cooking and be unbeatable chefs... i really don't like waffles anymore lol

mewthree w/armor
November 4th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I can't do math, ride a bike, or dance one bit. Eh. No big deal.

Vanilla Kitsune
November 4th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Lessee..

1) I can't do math because I have number dyslexia.
2) I'm not a good dancer
3) I don't like speaking infront of people because I'm very shy
4) I can't cook.

There's more probably.

viridian doubletongue
November 4th, 2007, 08:06 AM
There isn't a lot of things I actually can't do, but there are a lot of things that I can't really bring myself to do. Like, I just get an awful feeling about something, and it stops me.

Oh, there is that I can't bunny-hop or go over ramps properly on my bike. And I can't flip. Front or back.

diamondpearl876
November 4th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I can't dance, I can't have a normal conversation with people I don't know either (in real life anyway), I can't whistle, and so on.. I can't swim very well either.

thomascallaghan
November 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
cant rida bike whaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........................

Chibi-chan
November 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I can't cut with scissors D:

The fabric just never cuts. I can't cut cloth period. Only paper..;;

Ausaudriel
November 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM
cant rida bike whaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........................
thomascallaghan, don't bypass the word limit. :/ It's there for a reason.

Warheart
November 4th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Hehe, yeah..I can't swim <_<

Well, I can..Um, not realy good. Basically, once I'm in deep water I just flail my arms and legs allover the place, trying desperatly to stay above water. OH! And I can't skate either. Like, at all. I attempted to play hockey one year, tripped (As goalie, btw. How does that even happen? xDD) and nearly got my fingers cut off when I tripped by someone skating past. Seriously <_<

Spaekle Oddberry
November 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I can't dance. I can't cook. I can't play the piano - it seems like everyone I know can at least play something on it. And there are other things I can't do too. Many things, actually. None of it really bothers me though.

Sylphiel
November 4th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I can't swim either. Or rather, I can't swim in deep water. I can't go anywhere near deep water or I'll freeze up.

This probably comes from really bad experiences with pools at a young age, plus the fact that I never really learned to swim well (due to said experiences), but yeah. Don't ever ask me to go swimming in water where I can't touch the bottom whenever I stand up, because I just can't do it. ^_^;

President Showaddywaddy
November 5th, 2007, 01:08 AM
I can't

Whistle properly
Be cool
Take a malicious joke
See properly without glasses
Be light on my feet
Draw
Complete GTA San Andreas without cheating (There's a glitch in my game)
Read/watch something depressing without getting depressed

But I can

Remember 99% of what I learn
Be a nerd and still be liked (don't ask me how)
Do good accents
Protest (I'm currently on strike, from school:rambo:)
Keep my concentration through anything
Find easy shortcuts in schoolwork compared with the traditional 5 hour methods

~Ray-Mantine~
November 5th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I can't whistle, I can't dance, I.........dunno.

Lash
November 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I can't do well in school. Parents complain at me too, but I just can't. I get distracted easily D: