PDA

View Full Version : Never heard of this *joins up*

johnlycett
November 4th, 2007, 04:02 PM
When I woke up I thought to myself " Gesh I wonder how people found out about pc?" So it came to my attention to post a thread about it.
I found out about PC on google I was searching for rom-hacks.(That was in my n00b time)
How did you find out?

Waffle-San
November 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well iw as browsing Serebii when i found a link to PPN than I just started pressing button's and boom there it was PC. I've been a member ever since.

Shiny Umbreon
November 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
When I woke up I thought to myself " Gesh I wonder how people found out about pc?" So it came to my attention to post a thread about it.
I found out about PC on google I was searching for rom-hacks.(That was in my n00b time)
How did you find out?
My case was something like that, too. I was looking for a Silver/Gold remake, I think, and saw a link to MasterMew's hack. That's how I found PC.

Gummy
November 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
My case was something like that, too. I was looking for a Silver/Gold remake, I think, and saw a link to MasterMew's hack. That's how I found PC.

Same here! But I was looking for a completely fanmade game (not specified to be about Pokemon) on a MEGAMAN website. Some guy was saying how you could fit Megaman EXE sprites into a Pokemon game with a few edits on each side, and gave a link to Pokemon Legends (I think that was it) as an example. I got bored with the gaming section since none of those games ever get finished, but immediately fell in love with fanfiction. And well... here I am now!

Tsugaru
November 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Well, I was a Pokemon fan then, still am now. 2 years ago I was searching, "Pokemon Forums" and PC was the first to pop up.

I remember loading the FG's Legenderies skin as the default and I had never seen this type of forum software before(vBulletin) and I immediately fell in love with it and decided to join. Here I am 2 years later and only 1335 posts lol.

Shiny Umbreon
November 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Well, I was a Pokemon fan then, still am now. 2 years ago I was searching, "Pokemon Forums" and PC was the first to pop up.

I remember loading the FG's Legenderies skin as the default and I had never seen this type of forum software before(vBulletin) and I immediately fell in love with it and decided to join. Here I am 2 years later and only 1335 posts lol.
In my case, FG's Legendaries was the default, too. And I'm using it until now.

Lumine
November 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Well I was looking for a forum to trade and battle with other people, so here Iam =)

Lady Nicole
November 4th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I just felt lonely at the time so I decided I wanted to find somewhere to talk to people. I guess I just thought of pokemon and typed pokemon forums into google and PC was the first to pop up =P

Cherrim
November 4th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The first time, I don't remember how I found the site. It's been over five years, after all and I thought absolutely nothing special of a little Ikonboard shared by a few Pokémon sites. I think I might've found it through Kwesi's old site, The UD, though. :B

The second time, after it became a vBulletin, Cas referred me. She said she had a fanclub, which I'd never even heard of at the time, so I wandered over and noticed the slogan was almost the exact same as the forum I'd joined earlier in the year. So, naturally, I signed up again and voila, I've been wasting my life away a member here ever since!

Jubilation
November 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I remember googling Pokemon in & finding Pc & I've been here for ahilw now

Sylphiel
November 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I kept seeing links to PC in peoples' signatures on another forum a few years back. So, one day when I was feeling bored and thinking that I could possibly use another site on which to post, I decided to actually follow one of those links and see what this place was like.

Obviously I ended up liking it, or I wouldn't be here right now. :x I did find it to be an extremely nice place to do what I liked doing at the time - that is, posting sprites and artwork of mine - though that wasn't the only reason why I signed up.

Emma
November 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I think I was searching for Pokemon Ruby walkthroughs because I was stuck, story of my PC-finding life. 8D Quite odd. 'Cause who knew I'd be here nearly two years on. XDD

The Infinite Devil Machine
November 4th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I was curious why my Bulbagarden user page had an option for "Pokecommunity username".

Astinus
November 5th, 2007, 12:02 AM
After joining two other forums dedicated to Pokemon, I found that I liked talking to people through forums. I headed up to my trusty Google search bar, typed in "Pokemon forums" and PC came up. I signed up, and that was that.

Jaimes
November 5th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I was looking for some scans of the Pokemon Manga and was lucky enough to find them on here somewhere. Pretty much the only reason I joined lol ^^

Eon-Rider
November 5th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I was looking for info on the Macho Brace.

Comic Tragedy
November 5th, 2007, 04:33 AM
I found PC by looking around in Serebii.net, I think someone had a link in their sig. Im not quite sure. If I remember correctly I was there looking at movesets.

Ausaudriel
November 5th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I joined back in 2005 when I couldn't get my Emerald ROM to save. XD; I had known of PC for a long while prior due to another forum I was on (for Digimon, ironically) because JA (Jedi_Amara) had asked all of us to join and vote for her for president, so..

I'm glad I joined. I've made some of my best friends because of PC (mainly because of the chat, but as of late I've been meeting a lot of people on the forums as well. :3)

~Ray-Mantine~
November 5th, 2007, 06:50 AM
My brother told me about it... (lol)

Went
November 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Zel did a good job advertising this forum... (At least it worked with me)

Sammi
November 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM
A friend of mine (Imari) showed me a fanclub one day, and I was like "what's this forum? :O". After awhile, I *think* she asked me to join the Ash fanclub (back when we were both fans), and I joined to post there. I was curious about this forum, though; I did explore my first day. :3 Then... I kind of forgot about it for awhile. XD;; Then I came back when SPPF made me mad and I haven't really left since (except when I can't get on too often).

Lo-chan
November 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
My girlfriend (Vanilla Kitsune) had joined this site and she kept on telling me to join. So I did XD Im glad I did o.o I like this place better then Serebii.. XD :shot:

Kyoko
November 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I was just googling episode summaries and this site kept coming up so I decided to join. I didn't think I'd be very active, but clearly I was wrong XD

diamondpearl876
November 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
..I honestly don't remember how I found PC. Most likely off another site.

Wish
November 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I googled "Pokemon Ruby Cheats" I found a thread that led me to PC. The skin was FG Legends, I think when I signed up. I then signed up and instantly became addicted, and here I am, 2 years later.

Anti
November 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
The night I got my new computer, I searched for a pokemonn forum, and came here. I signed up that night, and have been annoying people ever since :)

Johnny
November 5th, 2007, 02:29 PM
There are some really odd ones there. And some pretty interesting ways of how you found PC.

The Real AAA
November 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well I was looking for a forum to trade and battle with other people, so here Iam =)
Yeah me to when D/P came out I wanted to battle people on forums, so I type in pokemon forum on google and this wuz the first site to pop out

Crystal Clair
November 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM
During the olden days of my forum life, back when I was on my first serebiiforums account, a member Toto kept talking about this place. I decided to visit but when Phantom Bugsy joined, this got me determined to join too.
Now Toto is long gone from sppf and goes under a very different username now (Imari iirc) and is no longer crazy about Ash. (kinda sad, I find people who love their characters so much interesting)

marz
November 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
One day when I was bored, I really wanted to know if they were making a GSC re-make, so I google searched "Pokemon Gold version re-make" and it came up with zel's Pokemon ShinyGold thread. I thought I should check it out, but I had no idea ROMHacking existed. I wanted to download the attachement, but I found out that you had to join to do that, so I just closed the browser.
Few days later, I decided I should join up simply to download the game. I did so, and I found myself with an IPS patch file, and one thought to mind: "What the hell do I do with this?" XD Incidentally, I posted my question in the ShinyGold thread, and after having been answered, it got considered as SPAM and got deleted. Heh, my first post at PC got deleted. Isn't that sad? XD
I later found myself posting in the ShinyGold thread, and actually reserved myself there for about a month, then I finally started expanding and posting many places, including the MCG section and the OC forums.

Now, I'm much more active then I ever planned to be. Ironically, I hardly ever play ROMhacks anymore. XD

Snivi
November 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I happened upon PC through a search engine but I cannot recall which one. =o

_Prince_
November 7th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I accidentally clicked on the forum link at pokemon palace last year. ;p That's how I first come across PC.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
My case is that I got banned from www.funtrivia.com so I typed in "Pokemon Forums" in order to find other Pokemon lovers. It sure worked! :3

Rebellious Treecko
November 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I heard about this place long before I joined. (ShinyGold thread XD)
After SPPF got boring, I decided to join PC to see what it was like. That's about it.

Anastasia.R
November 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I was going on google and looking for images and stuff and found a good one. It lead me here. I think I heard about this palce in Pek2 also.

~A.R

Himawarii
November 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I joined when I found the site on Google xD
If I remember correctly,I was searching the criteria "Silver x Blue" or Chosenshipping,or something along those lines xD;

RYOUKI
November 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I was searching for Pokemon image on Yahoo, and forgot to click 'Images' so, I found: 'Pokemon Community', I thought they have Pokemon Images so I clicked on it..
The Default Skin was Winter Friends, and yeah...I joined because of Winter freinds <.<;; xD

Jordan
November 9th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I was looking for the fangame "Pokemon: Call of Latios" (Those from 2005 should remember this as the most looked forwarded to fangame ever). Of course, now the database of the maker has crashed and he has to start all over again.

Jordan.

Lucy Lu
November 9th, 2007, 05:38 PM
A great friend of mine(Imari aka Toto) told me about this forum, when SPPf made me a little mad. And she showed me a club she made here. Which was "The Ash Fan Club" and I posted there. While I was here, everything looked so relaxed. And everyone were so nice. You don't get ignored and it is a little funner here. I haven't been in SPPf recently. I been going but as for right now, I don't go there as much as I used to(They need a new server. It is very hard to go there now. It is so slow.)

Munashii
November 9th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well, a few decades ago (lol) I was a Pokemon freak so I looked up everything that came to the results on the google search, and I joined the PC and was a n00b for about two years. XD

loganmaster123
November 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Well I bought Pokemon Shiny Gold on on eBay xD. I wanted to look up cheats for it so I looked up " Pokemon Shiny Gold Cheat and glitches " and the Shiny Gold thread showed up. I was very sad.. I thought it was a real remake... Then I went to the hack showcase and loved it so I joined, and thats purdy much it.

Byebye now I'm tired.... *yawns*

President Showaddywaddy
November 10th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I was on a dead part of ezboard.com, and another member said that PC was still alive and kicking. I joined 7 minutes later.

Shika
November 10th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I found it on pe2k but i didn't join.
But when I googled for Episode Requests, I saw PC and I thought if pe2k has a link to it, it should be virus free then joinage~ xD

Nuke
November 10th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I found it off google too.

I was actually searching for a pokemon forum.

Warheart
November 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I just kinda woke up out of bed one day, and was all like "Hey..You know what would be really cool? If I complately avoided all social contact today, and went online to find a random pokemon forum to join." XD

To be honest, I found this site while at a friends house on his computer. from there I just kinda went home and looked up the page, to harass him about his interests, then reallized "Dude..this kicks ass."

So yeah..that's when I had started signing on xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I found it on Google since I was getting bored of serebii and some other website. I would go back to serebii but I forgot my name and password, so I'm on here for now

:t354:TG

Oni Link
November 15th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I remember I was browsing Pokedexes across different sites; I must have found a link to here from one, and at the time I was looking for a Pokemon Forum.
I had a look at the Boards; thought they looked pretty respectable, and really liked the Wireless Trade Center, and then I joined :]

22sa
November 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I found this site in Google directory o.o

Binary
November 16th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I was on another forums and then I looked on the signature of one of the members there, It was pokemon ice blue(made by jeremy) And i clicked on it, It led me to PC, And i was reading all the posts and I also wanted to add some comments, so I joined up, and this has been the best forums I ever go onto, I dont know what would've happened if i had not clicked on that banner lol.

Scytheteen
November 16th, 2007, 04:08 PM
My friend told me about it.

Loyal Arcanine
November 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
When I joined here I'd been a member at other Pokemon forums like PE2k and Smogon for a while. I knew about this forum then, but just never decided to join. But since it seemed to be such a big forum and a lot of Pokemon fans knew it, I eventually joined. Never got very active though. I sometimes go months without posting.

Eos Aduro
November 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Waffle-San told me about it. So I joined. Now I wuv it

Myoko-chan
November 17th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Well, back when I used to be a ROM hacker, I was searching for ROM hacking tools, so I found this site. I lurked around for a month or so and became a member.