View Full Version : how is the game

November 5th, 2007, 1:01 PM
What is the game like, I heard it wasn't as good as
the gameboy versions because it contains no stories.
Of course I want to hear your opinions.

November 5th, 2007, 1:37 PM
its ok...its like a remake of pokemon stadium but with...no movement =( well i didnt like it too much id give it a 6/10...dont buy it! the only things cool about it are the graphics

November 5th, 2007, 2:00 PM
It's a pretty good game to my opinion. Now the fact you get three event pokes to unlock, and wifi battling al the time 7/10.

November 5th, 2007, 7:40 PM
Save your money for something better like Fire Emblem or Battalion War 2.

November 5th, 2007, 8:29 PM
Hmmm. I am not sure if I am getting it yet :/

Lil MuDkiP849
November 6th, 2007, 3:28 AM
I love this game, it's probably the best source i got for wifi battling. Whenever i wana cool 3D online battle, battle rev. is the game to go ;)

November 6th, 2007, 6:35 AM
Its prettt awesome. Becuase if you can defeat it you get a surfing pikachu! rember those old cards? While now theyre brought to life =0 Also its a good way to see how whiel your pokemon can stabd up against other people using wi-fi. The colloseums are fun. But yes i do wish there was a storyline!

November 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I dunno if I wanna buy the game either.... Maybe I can find it cheap on ebay ¬¬

November 6th, 2007, 2:54 PM
i thought it was pretty good. sure it lacks a few things, but you can always have fun on wifi! ^-^ thats mainly what i use it for now, since i have beaten the "story" mode.

November 6th, 2007, 3:43 PM
If you just want to see your team pwn everything awesomely with good animations then yes. Otherwise it has no story but is useful for getting cool things like surfing pikachu and electivire and magmortar. :)

November 6th, 2007, 9:17 PM
I was planning to buy this game, but I plan to use my money to buy Mother 3 (JAP) for my Game Boy SP first.

They did remove the movement system? That's unexpected...

November 7th, 2007, 6:17 AM
Movement system? Are u still talking about PBR?

Chibi - Dalgia_X
November 8th, 2007, 1:10 AM
I think itll be great so I'm goin to get it along with SSBB, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Naruto Shippuden and Mario Galaxy.

so many awesome Wii games r comin out now I recon

November 8th, 2007, 4:54 AM
Get it, just own story mode then battle people on wifi

November 8th, 2007, 2:14 PM
VEC's right it is awesome

November 10th, 2007, 8:16 AM
By the way, do you catch pokemon in this story mode and use them or do you transfer from D/P.

November 10th, 2007, 8:47 AM
By the way, do you catch pokemon in this story mode and use them or do you transfer from D/P.

there is NO story mode you just battle through all the gyms or whatever there called in this with either the rentle team you are forced to have or your own D/P pokemon then battle in other tournaments to unlock stuff for D/P and battle on wifi

November 10th, 2007, 8:51 AM
That sucks.

Still gonna get it.

November 16th, 2007, 2:52 PM
id wait for it to go on sale if it does. its a decent game for the most part

November 16th, 2007, 3:00 PM
I've liked mine so far, but it's been a while since I last played it... and if you do happen to get it be careful at the Sunnyshore Stadium, it took me almost 10 trys...

November 16th, 2007, 5:16 PM
Well, I've heard both sides of the argument regarding PBR. It seems to be one of those games where you either love it or hate it. If you ask me, it isn't worth spending 50 bucks on. But again, this is only me.

I recommend at least doing what I did and renting it first. If you like it then, then go for it. Ultimately, only you can decide if you like it or not.

November 16th, 2007, 6:48 PM
So would I really need WiFi to enjoy the game? Cuz thats a bit of a problem for me...

November 16th, 2007, 7:20 PM
Well, for some people, that is the heart of the game, but I'm too lazy to get my Wii out here and get on WiFi using it. :0

November 16th, 2007, 9:34 PM
Thanks for the opinions. It seems like it's another typical 3D Pokemon RPG.
No story - good game-play, and naturally lush graphics.

I'll still get it. No matter what people say. Seeing my hard-trained Pokemon in full 3D glory is just rather satisfying to me. Also the attacks look about 10x cooler than usual. And...Surfing Pikachu...it's been YEARS since I had one. :(

December 14th, 2007, 7:43 AM
ok this is how the game works:
you beat a stadium
you do it again except play for a rental card
until u get all the rental cards
i beat one colloseum and im bord...
that game stinks

December 14th, 2007, 12:03 PM
If you ask me pokemon battle revolution isnt worth getting its just: story< battling
thats what it is to me even though i havent played it in fact youre better of wasting your money on super mario smash brawls or other games