PDA

View Full Version : Smoking, or Non smoking?

Scytheteen
November 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Okay. hi. I have a poll here for you. DO you smoke? If you do, why do you do it? Do you smoke and your trying to stop, or do you not smoke at all? As for me, I don't smoke, and I never intend of ever.

Gummy
November 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
No, I don't smoke and I never plan to start. I want to know why people choose to smoke in the first place, with all those anti-smoking commercials and what not.

Stevo-kun
November 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
No, I don't smoke, and I never will, I also don't like being around a smoker too long, makes me feel sick.

diamondpearl876
November 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Definitely non-smoking.

I wouldn't start anyway but there's personal reasons behind that as well.

Scytheteen
November 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Me too. My mom has cancer (not from smoking) but my two grandmothers died from smoking.

Lilith
November 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I don't smoke and I never will. My mom's friend smoked a lot whenever we came over and it disgusts me.

Lumine
November 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Nope smoking sucks its just a simple way to simultaneously ruin your health, empty your wallet and support huge corporations that don't give a damn about well-being.

Wish
November 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I don't smoke, and hopefully never will ^.^

Extric
November 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Nope smoking sucks its just a simple way to simultaneously ruin your health, empty your wallet and support huge corporations that don't give a damn about well-being.

I agree with everything said here.

Souless
November 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM
No, smokin sucks

I have never intended to do it, and I will never

I have a few friends that smoke, 17 and 16 years, and they have invited me to do the same, one they I told them "Stop trying to make me smoke, if you want to do that, go ahead, but I don't want" after that they stopped inviting me, and one of them left smoking

My dad smokes, and surprisingly he has an almost perfect health o_o

Lumine
November 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM
My dad smokes, and surprisingly he has an almost perfect health o_o

Impossible, your dads life is in grave danger in the future, I'd suggest make him stop smoking A.S.A.P.

Melody
November 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Nope. Never have and and never will smoke. It's a nasty habit. I dont plan on ever smoking even one.

Tangerine Fox
November 6th, 2007, 07:12 PM
No way -- I'm asthmatic, anyway. I have to hold my breath when I walk past smoking sections and even tiny wiffs can trigger minor/moderate attacks. Plus, both my grandparents on my dad's site died from complications from smoking.

So, yeah.

Myoko-chan
November 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I would never never smoke.. period.

Kinda Off Topic: One time I was flipping through channels and I saw a commercial that said "Smoking doesn't kill you". I LOL'd at it.

Souless
November 6th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Impossible, your dads life is in grave danger in the future, I'd suggest make him stop smoking A.S.A.P.

Yeah, you're right, in the future, and I've tried to stop him, but I can't

But for no reason he is healthier that most of people I know, it's weird

Midnight Beat
November 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I really can't stand the habit. And I'm scared to try it, but not for an obvious reason. I am scared that if I ever try a cigarette that I will get addicted, because I have an addictive personality. Plus think of all the health risks, for instance my 80 year old grandmother has lung cancer right now and she's probably not gonna make it. :\

_Prince_
November 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Er no, never smoked before in my lfe and probably never will.

Soul Eater
November 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I've learned alot about smoking and its not as cool as it looks. The smoke affects my allergies. x_x

agent destroyer
November 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM
my dad knew someone who lived over 100 (and he smokes). weird

Tsugaru
November 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I have never tried and I never will. It's a disgusting thing and is basically like drugs as you get addicted, Like I said, never will. I hate the smell of it and can't stand being around it.

The Fallen
November 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Nah, never will smoke. I'm not a fan of speeding up the death process.

Waffle-San
November 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM
my dad knew someone who lived over 100 (and he smokes). weird

There's a fair amount of people that have lived to old ages and that haved smoked, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were healthy. I don't think it'd be much fun living into my hundreds if I couldn't breath without hacking.

So, ya my answer is no, I've seen what it can do to people. A giant cigarette with pictures came to our school. One of the people that brought the tunnel had two sets of pigs lungs, the one on smokes was so disgustinly black and yellow, not to mention smaller.
That wasn't even the worst though, there was a picture of a 34 year old man in a hospital bed, we were asked to guess how old he was, i said 82. It was disgusting.

Johnny
November 6th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Nope, I will never smoke, most people fall for it by other peer pressure which is basically saying "Your opinion is better than mine so I will do it" Silly I say. I make my own choices and that choice is to never smoke.

agent destroyer
November 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
like every else who posted on here: never smoked never will

Firebird306
November 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
The scent of smoke makes me sick, I hold my breathe in and try to breathe as minimal amount as possible without passing out. Also my great uncle died from lung cancer and my Mum told me about how my great grandfather chucked up blood every day for the last ten years of his life, lost a lung and eventually died a horrible death. Both of these from smoking. So no I would never, ever think of smoking. >_<

Scales
November 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
One of the main reasons of smoking is peer pressure. Smoking companies try to lure teenagers as their target audience. Since it is more likely for people to start at 15 rather then 30 due to peer pressure. As you can see. The smoking companies don't even need to advertise commercials since all the kids do it themselves

Iceman3k
November 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I'm against smoking, so I don't do it. I tend to stay away from people that do smoke, because cigarette smoke totally weakens me. x_x

Amoeba
November 7th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hm, I wonder what gave you this idea? ;)

I've never tried it on its own (only in a joint and I didn't realize at first there was tobacco in it) and I don't have any interest in starting.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I totally didn't get my option......

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime... except when classes are in session...

Klingon
November 7th, 2007, 12:13 AM
No, I don't smoke.
Can't be bothered.
Waste of time.

Binary
November 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
No way dude!
Im 14 i dont smoke, its a waste of time!
It'll make you die fast XD

President Showaddywaddy
November 7th, 2007, 01:39 AM
I'm 14
Don't smoke and never will

I've got a wierd fact about smoking. Once the nicotine in the wasted smoke hits a surface, it grows and leaves a stain. And it doesn't come out once it's taken sufficient hold on the surface.

Don't ask how i know that.

Johnny
November 7th, 2007, 01:40 AM
I totally didn't get my option......

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime... except when classes are in session...

Why man It's not good for you and plus at your age you shouldn't be or at any age you basic should put poisons inside of you. I know that you friends might have forced you into or it was your choice but man it's not all that cool.
But if you want to be my guest it doesn't make you any better but.
If you where forced by peer presure you may as well say to the persons that told you " Ok i'll smoke since your opinion is better than mine and I don't matter" you have the choice not them, if I wonted to tell my teacher she a idiot no one can stop me.
Thats all from me I hope that Might of helped you to stop (Not that it will)

Ivysaur
November 7th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Smoking? Nah. Never. I once tasted a cigarrette and promised that I would never do it again. They are horrible! I even made my parents stop smoking.

Soari
November 7th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Nopes I am just a child so I never smoke and never will..

Razer302
November 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I have never smoked and I never intend to. My aunt smokes and I hate going near hear when she is doing it.

Warheart
November 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Nah..Smoking is gross. It makes you smell like a dead animal that pissed itself (No, seriously. This is a horrible metaophor, but try to notice it next time you're standing next to someone who just had a cigarette. If you think about it hard enough, you'll begin to see what I mean o_O), Turns your teeth yellow, and um..Yeah. You'll die out of Cancer. srsly <_<

I've tried smoking before, but really couldn't pick up on the habit, mostly for reasons stated above. Oh, and the only time I ever smaoked a cigarette I went into a coughing fit choking down the smoke. Apparently you're supposed to let it back out after inhaling which I..didn't know at the time o.O

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Why man It's not good for you and plus at your age you shouldn't be or at any age you basic should put poisons inside of you. I know that you friends might have forced you into or it was your choice but man it's not all that cool.
But if you want to be my guest it doesn't make you any better but.
If you where forced by peer presure you may as well say to the persons that told you " Ok i'll smoke since your opinion is better than mine and I don't matter" you have the choice not them, if I wonted to tell my teacher she a idiot no one can stop me.
Thats all from me I hope that Might of helped you to stop (Not that it will)

lol... it was never out of peer pressure or anything like that... and dude, "at me age", you're gonna feel old, at least when you look back... haha.

in terms of opinions, I fly solo, I'm my own person, and very few people play an influence on my life.

We're all ingesting toxins, toxins are constantly being flushed out of our body, it's the sheer genetics factor that determines what can kill you from inside. you can be a healthy person your whole life then get killed by cancer in your 40's. There's people out there that have smoked 2-3 packs a day for 30+ years that are still walking around in their 90's without lung problems. Life is a wild card, and the key to life is to enjoy each moment, worry about things that occur a few years from now, not 70 or 80 years from now.

and like anything in life, Moderation is key.

when I light up, I light up with others, I don't walk around reeking of the smell ( I tend to smell more like incenses since I burn a lot of 'em), and yea, if I don't have one lit, then the smell does bother me... haha...

Oni Link
November 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
used to smoke regularly, in my 'rock and roll' days, but quit when I realised that it really wasn't worth the bad things it does to you, in my opinion anyway.
nowadays the only time I smoke is when I'm drinking and I use it to 'get my blood flowing'.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM
used to smoke regularly, in my 'rock and roll' days, but quit when I realised that it really wasn't worth the bad things it does to you, in my opinion anyway.
nowadays the only time I smoke is when I'm drinking and I use it to 'get my blood flowing'.

and I totally feel you on that one. get the blood flowing.. besides, "nicotene and caffine are for breakfast, nicotene and alcohol are dinner..."

an old 80's metalhead biker once told me that... haha

Shadowz
November 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
ive tried smoking once due to peer pressure, but it was gross, now im my own person i dont get told by anyone i make my own decisions

-Amso-

Anastasia.R
November 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
NO!

And I'm hoping not to smoke either. I DON'T WANNA DIE SO SOON! D:

~A.R

viridian doubletongue
November 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Non smoking.

I have never had any doubt.
Smoking has not been kind in my life.

It's not nice when other people do it. It's not nice when you do it.
It's not worth the pain.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 7th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Smoking is bad, I never intend to smoke, If I get pressured to do it, well, still no. Screw you peer pressure! *Flips off peer pressure*.

And a message to the people who do smoke: atleast TRY to quit, and don't push smoking on a person who dosen't want it. those people are the worst.

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime...

Yeah, keep living on to that dream.
If you want to prove me wrong, drop smoking. Right now. for the rest of your life.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, keep living on to that dream.
If you want to prove me wrong, drop smoking. Right now. for the rest of your life.

I don't live on fantasy island, and I know what I'm capable of doing and what I'm incapable of. I choose to smoke, I don't find myself fiending for a fix of nicotene. For now, I find it to be more of a social thing more so than anything, and it's nice to say that I haven't seen that change.

and also, refrain from telling me what to do. I know you mean well and you're looking out on the fact that, yes, I do smoke cigarettes, but when the time comes where I'm either bored of doing it, smoking because I'm bored, or finding myself attached to a supplement, that's when I throw my most up to date pack in the garbage.

and seeing that none of the 3 criteria fit me yet, I'll still choose to smoke.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I don't live on fantasy island, and I know what I'm capable of doing and what I'm incapable of. I choose to smoke, I don't find myself fiending for a fix of nicotene. For now, I find it to be more of a social thing more so than anything, and it's nice to say that I haven't seen that change.

and also, refrain from telling me what to do. I know you mean well and you're looking out on the fact that, yes, I do smoke cigarettes, but when the time comes where I'm either bored of doing it, smoking because I'm bored, or finding myself attached to a supplement, that's when I throw my most up to date pack in the garbage.

You have posted a logical post, but, why do it as a social thing, when eventually, the real world comes in, and you barely have time for social activties (Unless you are a good worker and you get things done fast)?

Scytheteen
November 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Thats what they all say...believe it or not, your probably subconsciously addicted to them already. And if I were you, I'd wuit now, because if you don't stop at an early time, you'll get more and more addicted exponentially fast.

Ichikool
November 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM
No, I don't smoke and I never will.
I hate the way it smells... and it's gross. Not only that... but I don't wanna die! D:

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Thats what they all say...believe it or not, your probably subconsciously addicted to them already. And if I were you, I'd wuit now, because if you don't stop at an early time, you'll get more and more addicted exponentially fast.

both you guys, I live in the real world, got an office job and study at a university... so yea I'm pretty old...

and don't give me that subconscious-theory, I call it a theory in this case cuz you're not me. Sure my body has grown accustomed to it will Power plays a vital role in all of my will to smoke, it's a choice and it's still been a choice. I play my bad and my good cards. My bad card is a cigarette, my good card is a fresh herbal tea.

there are more detrimental things to your health, things more dangerous than 2-3 cigarettes a day. Daily doses of fast food increase your arterial-lipid-count, sun-bathing\tanning can cause skin cancer... a crackhead can shoot me...

to me, saying you don't want to smoke because you don't want to die is an ignorant statement... people don't smoke because they choose to and dislike it. Smoking becomes more of a danger when you become attached and addicted to it. like I said before, Moderation is key. if you do something in moderation, it can be ok. overindulgence is what puts your body at risk

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
November 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Nope, never will. I'm paranoid about even breathing near smokers who I pass.

I find twigs to be better; it still gives the same appearence and you're NOT slowly killing yourself.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 01:39 PM
just make sure its not bark that you're allegeric to, or one that has pesticides on it... since bark as absorbtion properties... lol.

Sweet Candace
November 7th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
No, never. Smoking is stupid and bad for you.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

if you've never tried it and never will, then there's no need to say that Friends intentionally give tools of death out.

It'll all make more sense once you get to the college years.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 7th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm an asthmatic and the last thing I need to do is smoke. Also I tried once and I was nearly dying and since then I stopped. I also don't want to have lung cancer as well

:t354:TG

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
the fact that you're asthmatic goes to show that your lungs can't take much of an impurity or too much strain. that in itself makes 'em a candidate for lung cancer, so treat 'em carefully... and smoking would be like having cancer win the election... be wary of such traits...

like anything with your body... if it hurts or doesn't feel right... you're doing something wrong.

Scytheteen
November 7th, 2007, 02:49 PM
both you guys, I live in the real world, got an office job and study at a university... so yea I'm pretty old...

and don't give me that subconscious-theory, I call it a theory in this case cuz you're not me. Sure my body has grown accustomed to it will Power plays a vital role in all of my will to smoke, it's a choice and it's still been a choice. I play my bad and my good cards. My bad card is a cigarette, my good card is a fresh herbal tea.

there are more detrimental things to your health, things more dangerous than 2-3 cigarettes a day. Daily doses of fast food increase your arterial-lipid-count, sun-bathing\tanning can cause skin cancer... a crackhead can shoot me...

to me, saying you don't want to smoke because you don't want to die is an ignorant statement... people don't smoke because they choose to and dislike it. Smoking becomes more of a danger when you become attached and addicted to it. like I said before, Moderation is key. if you do something in moderation, it can be ok. overindulgence is what puts your body at risk

Calm down man. I was just puting in my two cents. If you want to risk it then fine, it's your life not mine. I was just...nevermind.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Calm down man. I was just puting in my two cents. If you want to risk it then fine, it's your life not mine. I was just...nevermind.

this is why I hate communicating via typing...

I'm not angry or anything, man.. if you saw me type that, you'd realize how calm and chill I was, and am right now... just giving you my 2 cents as well.. I appreciate your gesture, it shows you care, and I respect that.

perhaps I should have put 1 or 2 lols in my rebuttal.

besides... I like debating. I like debating so much that it is going to play an integral part of my career. lol.

Jaimes
November 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
the fact that you're asthmatic goes to show that your lungs can't take much of an impurity or too much strain. that in itself makes 'em a candidate for lung cancer, so treat 'em carefully... and smoking would be like having cancer win the election... be wary of such traits...

Actually asthma is difficulty breathing caused by a narrowing of the airways and is hardly a cause of lung cancer. Any asthmatic with common sense wouldn't smoke because they'd have to take a blast of inhaler between every puff so they can actually breathe.

I personally think that smoking tastes like inhaling sewage which alone would put me off, let alone the long list of health related side effects towards yourself or the people around you. I can see no good reason to smoke either in moderation or obsessively, because frankly there are no benefits and even a small quantity can have a negative effect on a healthy lifestyle.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I know what asthma is... the delicate factor of your lungs... how many things can make you choke, weeze, cough... it's a frailty trait and I mean no offense to that. and as I was saying before, treat them with care.

Ayce
November 8th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I've never tried smoking and never felt the need or desire to try it. I care too much for my lungs to do that BS. And I know I have an addictive personality, so if I did ever try it, there's a good chance I could wind up getting addicted, which would just be stupid IMO. "LOL guys don't you think my black lungs are so sexy? lol lol lol" No way. Not happening for me. Not even tempted.

Lucy Lu
November 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yuck, gross. I never smoked and I will never start! I was happy that my stepmom quit smoking about nine years ago. I want her to live longer, not die early.

Smoking is just disgusting. And why they do it...if they quit they will live longer and will save some money.

Lady Nicole
November 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I don't smoke but I used to...

EDIT:

Are you calling me stupid?

PLatinumUser
November 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Never will smoke or drink, the smell of Alchohal and cig's bother me. Since my dad died from liver cancer brought on by Hepatitus C and drinking, i will never do any of that stuff, and i dont like being around people who smoke either they smell and its nasty.

I do know some people tho that have smoked there whole lives so they told me and they are like 90 years old its wierd. Even tho you say your healthy you arent im sure if you looked at your lungs you would see nothing but black.

You get all kinds of cancer from smoking.

Pancreatice
Lung
Mouth
Throat
Bladder

and others, not to mention it raises your blood pressure. I think its funny when people say oh i smoke cuss it relaxes me bull its actually worse and makes you more tense.

Dont forget about how you smell when you walk around, and how you produce more Snot and Mucas.

Souless
November 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM

About this...

People start smoking and drinking by ignorance more than by stupidity.

They think "I can stop at any time", the only thing wrong with their lives is believing "I'm an enlighted being and I can't get addicted so easily like simple mortals"

I have a friend that smokes, but he doesn't smoke in front of me because he knows I dislike the smell and the smoke

@To Nacon: Smoking never makes sense, not even in college, it's just that you can't notice the real bad on it, but I think (not sure, correct me if I'm wrong) because of your posts that you're the kind of person that ensures he isn't bothering anyone while smoking, if I'm correct, you have my respect ^^

@To Lady Nicole: As I said a little ^, people don't start smoking because of stupidity, they do by ignorance. Start smoking is easy, stopping is the hard part, people who stop have a lot of self-confidence and decission, You also have my respect ^^

chews
November 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM
No i don't smoke & i won't smoke for all my life,it will ruin our life thats y.

aaronburnsyou
November 9th, 2007, 11:53 PM
To be honest, there have been too many times to count where I've wanted to get out of a stressful situation by starting this habit, what with nearly everyone I knew doing it as well, but only never have I resorted to using cigarettes to escape stress.

However, I once bought a pack for a friend, and I thought I'd at least give it a shot, just to know what it's like, but it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. For starters, you apparently have to use your mouth to breathe, and not your lungs (I thought that was the only way to breathe). I felt weak for days due to the inhalation mistake I made, and I can honestly say that smoking is lame.

Azonic
November 13th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Oh no! I clicked the third choice down! D: curse me.
ppl say it tastes bad, so I might not. Buut ...

Yea, I'm 12 and I dun smoke

Umi Ryuzaki
November 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM
No never will. because i can't stand with people who smoke. and is bad for me because I'm asthmatic

Scales
November 13th, 2007, 05:04 PM

That is slight ignorance. Since people usually smoke to dull pain or just to have a small break. It is their choice. I have known highly intelligent people who choose their friends wisely and smoke on their own. I have friends who dont even have any other friends who smoke due to depression. Smoking can be done by anyone but its that smoking companies target teenagers so they give cigarettes to their friends. Its not the smoker who is evil. Its the smoking companies

No i don't smoke & i won't smoke for all my life,it will ruin our life thats y.

Smoking doesnt ruin your life. It is your choice to continue smoking. Your the one who causes it to ruin your life when you make smoking more important then your family and friends. Smoking just puts you on the path to damnation. You can go off that path at any time. The only real harm smoking does is it gives you a habit and heart disease.

Empleonster
November 13th, 2007, 05:06 PM
That is slight ignorance. Since people usually smoke to dull pain or just to have a small break. It is their choice. I have known highly intelligent people who choose their friends wisely and smoke on their own. I have friends who dont even have any other friends who smoke due to depression. Smoking can be done by anyone but its that smoking companies target teenagers so they give cigarettes to their friends. Its not the smoker who is evil. Its the smoking companies

You speak the truth.

Well anyway, i don't smoke. I think it's disgusting. I know someone who started when he was 11. Now that's sick.

The Real AAA
November 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM
No I don't smoke and never will

Kylie-chan
November 13th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Nope. My parents insist they barely smoke but I would call their habit 'chain-smoking.' It sucks because I'm asthmatic and they smoke outside -- with the door open, and it blows right in to where I'm sitting right now. Just sniffing it makes me cough heaps and get a headache. There's no reason to smoke -- there's every reason to give it up. And even if it's hard, suck it up and quit. You'll feel better for it. Take up knitting or reading or walking or something you enjoy. THAT will lower your stress.

Smoking doesnt ruin your life. It is your choice to continue smoking. Your the one who causes it to ruin your life when you make smoking more important then your family and friends. Smoking just puts you on the path to damnation. You can go off that path at any time. The only real harm smoking does is it gives you a habit and heart disease.

I would call that ignorance. Smoking causes a chemical addiction, which is hard to break without sufficient willpower. Most people say they're going to quit and then they never do because of their chemical addiction. There's no point having a social smoke and then suddenly getting addicted and smoking more and more. Also, heart disease is not all you can get from smoking, and that habit is far more than how you dismiss it. It ruins your life when you find out you've done some crap to your body that's basically irreversible or only treatable, not curable; it ruins your life when you realise you've got no money because you're spending it all on smoking; it ruins your life when you're so addicted you can't stop, which, even if you're enjoying yourself, is an absolutely horrible state to be in.

Obviously it's alarmist to say one smoke in your life gives you cancer and heart disease and everything else; but the problem is a lot of people have one smoke and then another because they don't see the 'real harm' in that, and in the end they lie to themselves and tell themselves when they smoke fifteen a day that it's still not harmful, that they'll quit come New Years', that it's just pure alarmism that smoking hurts you at all.

Randall Raichu
November 14th, 2007, 04:06 AM
I used to smoke but I've been clean for about two years.

Snivi
November 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I have never smoked but both my sisters have for some reason.

Nuke
November 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Oh I smoke everyday, I dont care if its law breaking, I need 20 packs a day or I go mad.

Nope, I don't smoke (of course) and would have no motives to start.

President Showaddywaddy
November 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I think that t'world should follow Bhutan and ban t'hateful weed before it does any more damage to civilisation. ♥♥♥ smoke contains over 4000 chemicals, and many are poisonous.

A couple of months ago a family in Greece were killed by Carbon Monoxide poisoning, and that stuff goes straight into your blood with every puff.

Loyal Arcanine
November 16th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Hmm, I reckon the results on this poll do reflect on the average age group on this forum ...

Anyway, I don't smoke and I don't plan on doing it. I had asthma when I was smaller and am also have diabetes type 1, which are partly the reason why I don't. But I just don't see the point of it either. It's bad for your health, and I'm absolutely not curious as to how it feels. So I won't start smoking anytime soon.

Virtual Headache
November 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I don't smoke and I don't plan to. It's just very expensive and I see no real point to it for me. Besides, I don't like the smell...

Short Bus Mafia
November 21st, 2007, 03:10 AM
I smoke, but it's my stress reliever.
I know it's bad for me, but...yeah.
<3