PDA

View Full Version : Suicide.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Suicide is one's way of telling God, "You can't fire me-- I quit."
What are your guys' thoughts on suicide? Have you ever been suicidal?

I have been suicidal. In fact, I met one of my very good friends because of a suicide note. But that's beside the point... yes, I have been suicidal, but now that I think about the whole topic of it I believe that it is completely stupid, myself.

Your thoughts?

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Suicide is the los3rs way out.

when they cant finish the game, and just turn the console off.

Phailbot.

I dissaprove of suicide more than anything. Silly and altogether selfish.

Jordan
November 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
The legacy of Dragonslayerboy passes on.

Anyway, no I do not believe I have ever been suicidal. To abandon what other people have given you all your life and such is the most selfish action taken possible. Your problems can never mount to make this action a plausible answer.

Jordan.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Selfish because they do not think of what awful impact it has on those who love you.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Selfish because they do not think of what awful impact it has on those who love you.
Agreed! I know that when I was suicidal, I was focusing only on the bad things that were coming towards me and happening to me and that I was experiencing. Never the good things. So therefore, more of those bad things were attracted to me until I was full of negative thoughts and I exploded -- not literally. XD
But suicide is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when you choose/can't tell anyone about it. It's really unpleasant.

Zorua
November 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
But suicide is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when you choose/can't tell anyone about it. It's really unpleasant.

I never told anyone about mine, and I feel completely normal. o_o;

Anyway, I used to. Got over it myself and stuff.

Stupid crap that is suicide. >>

Jaimes
November 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM

Duh. But they should just respawn...

I think that suicide is not only a stupid thing to do, but also ungrateful, selfish and a benefit to nobody. People have spent there lives looking after you and the best way you can repay them is taking yours and causing them further unecessary grief. Also there are people a lot worse of than we are, so why we should complain is hardly up to us.

There is something like a 1 in 4billion chance of you existing here today (i.e parents meeting, fertilisation, survival, other random strokes of luck etc) and we should be grateful that we were fortunate enough to be created. I don't believe in a God or any afterlife, so I think we should cherish our short existence in this world and do some good in it, rather than throw it away so haphazardly.

akatsuki9
November 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM
in my third and fourth grade year i was sucidel because people thought i was fat
then my friend helped me out
so didm my guidence counsler

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I never told anyone about mine, and I feel completely normal. o_o;

Anyway, I used to. Got over it myself and stuff.

Stupid crap that is suicide. >>
Oh, just go ahead and pick on me why don't you. D:
It would obviously be a different situation for different people, but GENERALLY speaking, yes, it is an unpleasant feeling.
Plus, Derrick, I've known you plenty of times to break down during a conversation with me. yeah, normal. Mmhm.

Scytheteen
November 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I felt suicidal once. I went into my kitchen and took out a butchers knife, but then I thought about everyone who would miss me and I put it away.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Its sad that kids are feeling suicidal. If you asked me, id say child suicide is for attention.

Children cannot comprehend pain and hurt strong enough to cause suicidal urges.

Pokefan2008
November 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well,i think that it is a very idiotic thing to do.You were given life but you coud not handle what ever situation that you were in.
You gave up whatever reason.That's being a quitter.That's a dumb way to say good-bye too your loved ones.
So in my opinion,i think that commiting suicide or being suicidal is completly idiotic.

:t149:Pokefan2007

Zorua
November 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh, just go ahead and pick on me why don't you. D:
It would obviously be a different situation for different people, but GENERALLY speaking, yes, it is an unpleasant feeling.
Plus, Derrick, I've known you plenty of times to break down during a conversation with me. yeah, normal. Mmhm.

It's called high stress and bad mood. Not suicidal. Uh-huh. >>;

Ausaudriel
November 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Phailbot.

Okay, this post is just plain rude. :/ Will all do respect, you have no idea what goes through a person's mind when they're seriously contemplating suicide. I know you haven't because if you've ever been in that situation you'd never have said what you did.

People who are honestly in so deep that they feel killing themselves is the only solution need help. I don't mean that cruelly, I mean it very literally, they need help. What they DON'T need, however, is criticism and ridicule and comments like "it's selfish", "you're a failure", and so on. All that will do is make it worse.

On a side note, some people think it's cool to talk about committing suicide, cool to say that they've thought about it / attempted it / cut themselves, whatever else, but the vast majority of those people aren't being truthful (I'm not saying all of them, but quite a bit.) For those who have actually experienced it, it's a private matter that they don't want people knowing about.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Its sad that kids are feeling suicidal. If you asked me, id say child suicide is for attention.

Actually, I disagree with that statement. Though yes, a lot of it is simply for attention, not all. Basically what you're saying is children do not have the capability to think so deep to feel some of those emotions.
Some do.
Not bragging or anything, but take me for example. I'm a sophomore and I think more at a college level, when I was suicidal back in middle school I also thought at a level of a junior or a senior. But I understand what you mean as a generalization.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Im talking about primary school kids.

Under the age of 12. 13. Seriously, if they think life sucks then, wait till they get older. It only gets harder.

Pokefan2008
November 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
On the other hand,maybe something went worng in that person life and they had to quit.
Maybe they had to stop trying.It might havew been better that way for that person.
Maybe that person could not stand something and chose suicide.
Maybe it was the right choice for that person.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM
On the other hand,maybe something went worng in that person life and they had to quit.
Maybe they had to stop trying.It might havew been better that way for that person.
Maybe that person could not stand something and chose suicide.
Maybe it was the right choice for that person.

And i highly doubt your response. Thats a pathetic excuse.

Zorua
November 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Im talking about primary school kids.

Under the age of 12. 13. Seriously, if they think life sucks then, wait till they get older. It only gets harder.

Doesn't matter. They're still humans, and if suicide goes through their mind, something tough must be going on.

Amachi
November 7th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Suicide. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. That's how I see it as. Plus a mix of religious beliefs come into play, so I think it's wrong for those reasons as well.

Still, people do seem to look down upon those who are/have been suicidal, and as Ausaudriel said, it's quite rude and pathetic that society still stigmatises those who may genuinely be calling out for help.

Pokefan2008
November 7th, 2007, 05:24 PM
So im a 13 who knows about this stuff?

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Okay, this post is just plain rude. :/ Will all do respect, you have no idea what goes through a person's mind when they're seriously contemplating suicide. I know you haven't because if you've ever been in that situation you'd never have said what you did.

People who are honestly in so deep that they feel killing themselves is the only solution need help. I don't mean that cruelly, I mean it very literally, they need help. What they DON'T need, however, is criticism and ridicule and comments like "it's selfish", "you're a failure", and so on. All that will do is make it worse.

On a side note, some people think it's cool to talk about committing suicide, cool to say that they've thought about it / attempted it / cut themselves, whatever else, but the vast majority of those people aren't being truthful (I'm not saying all of them, but quite a bit.) For those who have actually experienced it, it's a private matter that they don't want people knowing about.
Agreed completely. I've never actually met someone else in real life that has seriously thought of suicide, but I have had people tell me that they're cutting theirselves, or they will commit suicide (jokingly) etc. And I know that when I was, everything immediately changed when I was introduced to my counselor. All I needed was a little scare by my dad and grandma and the counselor, some serious talking and some help. Some people on the other hand refuse to get/take help and others are just pleading for attention. No one EVER laughed at me or made fun of me when I was so depressed, in fact, they all ended up telling my counselor together. <3 True friends, right there.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 7th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Well, Suicide is a "Quick-Fix" to ending misery.

Suicide, is a selfish and terrible way to end your life.
I got a mirical cure to suicidial thoughts! (:D!):

GET HELP AND LIGHTEN UP.

People who commit suicide probably don't say to themselves: "Hm, this is life. Life is not enjoyible. I might as well get my work done, go home and sleep."

Being misrable is a part of life. LIVE WITH IT.

Now that the post is over, it's time for singing! XD

*Starts singing the "Suicidial" part of beautiful girls*

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 05:29 PM
the thing with suicide is either you do it or fail.......... or merely claim to have the desire....it's the quiet ones that make me worry.

someone once told me that it is illegal......rofl... made me wonder.... how is it punishable... do they arrest the corpse?

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
And i highly doubt your response. Thats a pathetic excuse.
Oh, c'mon. What if you got repeatedly sexually abused, for example, and you honestly couldn't talk to anyone? And what if you don't want to be taken away from your family, and what if you don't want help, what if you think you can take care of it yourself and then... boom, you just shot yourself?
It's no pathetic excuse.

Pokefan2008
November 7th, 2007, 05:32 PM
The person desided that it was better that ending.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM

I have been in that situation, so clearly, you dont know.

Have suicide directly affect you then say that again. There is always an opportunity for help, me being the first person to jump up and do anything to help pull someone out of a hole so deep. But some people are only doing it becuase they feel sorry for themselves. Perhaps i shouldnt have been so general. There are people out there who just do it for the easy way out.

Yes. Publicising it makes it even more obvious that youre just an attention seeking idiot using a mental illness as an excuse. Thats what angers me.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yes. Publicising it makes it even more obvious that youre just an atention seeking idiot using a mental illness as an excuse. Thats what angers me.
Not necessarily. It's the quiet ones that worry me. Just because you are -wanting- help by telling people about your problem because you don't know who to go to does not mean that you're an attention-seeking idiot.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yes. Publicising it makes it even more obvious that youre just an atention seeking idiot using a mental illness as an excuse. Thats what angers me.

I concur about the attention seeking factor.. but sometimes people simply need the attention to feel better.... or at least look at themselves differently.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Then they should seek the attention from the right people.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Then they should seek the attention from the right people.

once again, I agree with that statement... but who are the right people? Therapists aren't always a help, parents can sometimes make things worse... I personally feel that the attention getting method is just basically a wild card.. let everyone know, and those who care to do something about it.

Ausaudriel
November 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Have suicide directly affect you then say that again. There is always an opportunity for help, me being the first person to jump up and do anything to help pull someone out of a hole so deep. But some people are only doing it becuase they feel sorry for themselves. Perhaps i shouldnt have been so general. There are people out there who just d i for the easy way out.I don't recall saying anything contrary to this. In fact, I believe I said basically the same thing, just with better grammar. The trouble with today is that suicide has been glamorized by the mass-media. It's "cool", and so when there are genuine signs that a person may be battling it, it's ignored. "Crying wolf," so to speak (is there an echo in here, Cowrinkles? XD)

Also guys, just as a note, try to keep this as civil as possible. :/ It's a touchy subject and if this thread gets too out of hand it may very well be closed. If we can keep it civil, there's potential for a good discussion here.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Friends are usually the best option. Or siblings.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Bulletangel, it's not always that easy to just go find someone to help you. There are some situations where you just can't seem to open up to that person, you can't trust them fully, and there are some situations where they honestly can't help you. Trust me, I've been there more than once.

Zorua
November 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM
*sigh*

Whether the person wants to commit suicide or not is on them. We could attempt to help that select person, but if the depression continues well..I don't really think there's anything there could be done. I wouldn't exactly recommend giving up on that select person, until they just refuse to accept what you say and do it anyway.

It's what they want to do with their life. It's horrible and it's quite sick to us, we all know that. But in their minds, they believe it's the solution to all their problems. To us, they're completely wrong. To them, they're right. It's only a matter of just sympathizing with them and telling them suicide is wrong with some backup statements.

Not really attention seeking if one says over and over again that he or she is going to commit suicide. Rather, it's unusual behavior, and they start having some tone in their voice, as if they're actually going to do it, and start insulting themselves and life. These are the general signs that a person is thinking about suicide. There may be other ways that I'm not aware of.

But all in all, it's all generally in a specific mind. We can't say it's wrong as a fact, because in the depressed people's mind, it's right. Kind of a clash there, dontcha think? =\

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I don't recall saying anything contrary to this. In fact, I believe I said basically the same thing, just with better grammar. The trouble with today is that suicide has been glamorized by the mass-media. It's "cool", and so when there are genuine signs that a person may be battling it, it's ignored. "Crying wolf," so to speak (is there an echo in here, Cowrinkles? XD)

Also guys, just as a note, try to keep this as civil as possible. :/ It's a touchy subject and if this thread gets too out of hand it may very well be closed. If we can keep it civil, there's potential for a good discssion here.

My mother killed herself. She was helathy, but obviously ill. She didnt think about the consequenses that would impact her family or freinds. She just did it, figuring it was a quick fix, it didnt seem real to her. She didnt fully understand the concepts. I was fifteen, and quite capable of talking to her. We talked alot, but you'd never know she was depressed. One day i found out. I gave her countless opportunities to talk to me, and sort it out, but she liked the feeling of being sad too much. She purposefully avoided help simply becuase she liked to feel sorry for herself. It escalated. She decided on her own that nobody cared, and that she wanted out. She got what she wanted. She left me and my little brothers alone in the world. God knows where precious daddy is.

What a selfish woman. We arent bad off, we have alot of money to live off, food to eat and houses to live in. Yet she still seemed to think life was too hard. Now try telling me that Im insensitive.

Suicide is very real, but stupid in concept. I gave her what she needed, she didnt want to take it. She had so much to live for. We arent bad kids. What di we do to deserve that.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM
My mother killed herself. She was helathy, but obviously ill. She didnt think about the consequenses that would impact her family or freinds. She just did it, figuring it was a quick fix, it didnt seem real to her. She didnt fully understand the concepts. I was fifteen, and quite capable of talking to her. We talked alot, but you'd never know she was depressed. One day i found out. I gave her countless opportunities to talk to me, and sort it out, but she liked the feeling of being sad too much. She purposefully avoided help simply becuase she liked to feel sorry for herself. It escalated. She decided on her own that nobody cared, and that she wanted out. She got what she wanted. She left me and my little brothers alone in the world. God knows where precious daddy is.

What a selfish woman. We arent bad off, we have alot of money to live off, food to eat and houses to live in. Yet she still seemed to think life was too hard. Now try telling me that Im insensitive.

Suicide is very real, but stupid in concept. I gave her what she needed, she didnt want to take it. She had so much to live for. We arent bad kids. What di we do to deserve that.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Bummer she must've felt that idea was more beneficial than taking care of her family... and I agree with what you say about the results, though I am not a part of your life or know much about you, I do know how selfish "quitting" is.

and I completely understand why it wouldn't be considered insensitivity... that approach is what ultimately hurt you, but at least you're standing strong, I respect that.

no matter how lousy I have felt, I have always found that helping someone made me feel better, more alive.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM

Well, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. And true, you did nothing to deserve that. Your mother was probably not completely selfish or horrible in her decision, though, and so I don't really think you should say that. My mum left me when I was four months old; she might as well be dead to me.

Maybe life WAS too hard for her. Even at 15, she refused to talk to you so you don't know what was going on for her.

Ausaudriel
November 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Things change when you're a parent of minors. Certainly, it was irresponsible for her to leave her children alone, but I do not believe it was selfish. Can you honestly say you understand how she felt? What her reasoning was?

I'm really not trying to be insensitive here, I'm just speaking my mind. On the one hand, I can certainly see why you would consider her to be a selfish person, but on the other hand it's not fair to judge her like that without knowing what was going through her head. (And yes, I know you said she wouldn't let you in, but that doesn't change anything. By your own admission you don't know how she was feeling.)

It's hard for people who have never been through this sort of thing personally to fully understand how it feels. A lot of times it's "there's nothing left" mentality, nothing else goes through the head, and I don't think that makes said people necessarily bad people, it's just.. eh, I don't think I'm explaining very well.

Honestly, in my opinion, the bottom line is that it isn't fair to judge her on it. It just isn't.

Bulletangel
November 7th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Well, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. And true, you did nothing to deserve that. Your mother was probably not completely selfish or horrible in her decision, though, and so I don't really think you should say that. My mum left me when I was four months old; she might as well be dead to me.

How do you explain her actions then? Was she doing it to benifit us? Those around her? Herself? All it can result in is more pain. And what's even worse, my brother tried to do the same thing. Becuase all the greif from her suicide drove him into depression. He's 16. Sixteen years old. Tell me the positives that came from her killing herself.
Maybe life WAS too hard for her. Even at 15, she refused to talk to you so you don't know what was going on for her.

My point with that was she had the opportunity to solve it.

My replies in bold, above =)

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
so is the family now up to you? Do you take care of your brother?

Sammi
November 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
so is the family now up to you? Do you take care of your brother?

That's something better left to PM. You'll go off-topic. ^_^;

Also, guys, make sure not to result to flaming or anything. Just a friendly reminder, as this has gotten a little more intense than most threads around here. Granted, I haven't an issue with it yet, but it can get there... if that made sense. XD;

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 06:28 PM
That's something better left to PM. You'll go off-topic. ^_^;

Also, guys, make sure not to result to flaming or anything. Just a friendly reminder, as this has gotten a little more intense than most threads around here. Granted, I haven't an issue with it yet, but it can get there... if that made sense. XD;

good call... yea... sorry about that... you know, with the discussion and such, I actually felt concerned.... it is a very touchy subject..

Sammi
November 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Um... you did it again, you know. D: I'll say it again: If you have something that doesn't pertain to the topic to say to someone, just PM them about it. It works wonders and keeps threads on-topic. ;)

I'd post my opinion if it was a good and informed one. I don't have real experience with suicide and suicidal thoughts, and I haven't met anyone suicidal, so I haven't anything good to say. XD;

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
good call... yea... sorry about that... you know, with the discussion and such, I actually felt concerned.... it is a very touchy subject.. It is. And an interesting debate. But yeah... can easily get out of hand. D:

But back on topic, there's not only the one who killed him/herself but the survivors of the suicide. That's a whole nother matter to deal with. Because the survivors may need just as much help as the ones who ended their own lives. So it's just depression all around... and there -are- ways to get help. There -are- ways to heal yourself. Thinking positive, for example. Smile. Take time out of your day, and smile. Be grateful for what you already have. Move on. Become more social. Change.

Get help. It's waiting just around the corner, usually.... all you have to do is build up the courage to turn that corner, and turn around your life.

<3
I'm so kewl, I'm like.. a counselor. *shot* No, I've just done a lot of reading and research and I've healed myself. And it is such a good feeling.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM
It is. And an interesting debate. But yeah... can easily get out of hand. D:

But back on topic, there's not only the one who killed him/herself but the survivors of the suicide. That's a whole nother matter to deal with. Because the survivors may need just as much help as the ones who ended their own lives. So it's just depression all around... and there -are- ways to get help. There -are- ways to heal yourself. Thinking positive, for example. Smile. Take time out of your day, and smile. Be grateful for what you already have. Move on. Become more social. Change.

Get help. It's waiting just around the corner, usually.... all you have to do is build up the courage to turn that corner, and turn around your life.

<3
I'm so kewl, I'm like.. a counselor. *shot* No, I've just done a lot of reading and research and I've healed myself. And it is such a good feeling.

((to keep on subject ;) Sammi, without the need of PMing)

sometimes it's too hard to think positive if the pain of w\e you have is overbearing, and too burdensome...

I just hope that people here aren't viewing deppression as a "curable disease"... it obviously isn't, there's no real drug that can cure it, in fact, it cannot be cured. it is like a big gaping infectious wound that needs to be treated, not bandaged, hidden or covered.
but as mentioned in a different thread, I said that unfortunately, there are people that you just cannot help, you win some, you lose some, and the ones you lose are the ones that tend to really hurt. but you can't expect to win every fight.

I've had a few "crying suicide" friends in the past, but I was pretty sure they were simplying crying for attention. It's the quiet ones that you really gotta look after since you don't know what's going on in their minds. One of my good friends back in high school was one of the quiet ones.... I noticed frustration marks on his arms (he wears long sleeved shirts, anyways) when he was taking off his jacket one day, and that's when my flags went up... considering I didn't know many sources to go to, I decided to go to a teacher that was a mutual friend to us at the time, and you know what.... he was able to help this kid out... all he ready needed was to be out of his household, away from his psychotic mother.... I guess you can see he had an overdose of her bullsquat

nosferatu
November 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM

err yes they can and its worse f or them because they dont have coping methods

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM

sometimes it's too hard to think positive if the pain of w\e you have is overbearing, and too burdensome...

I just hope that people here aren't viewing deppression as a "curable disease"... it obviously isn't, there's no real drug that can cure it, in fact, it cannot be cured. it is like a big gaping infectious wound that needs to be treated, not bandaged, hidden or covered.
but as mentioned in a different thread, I said that unfortunately, there are people that you just cannot help, you win some, you lose some, and the ones you lose are the ones that tend to really hurt. but you can't expect to win every fight.

I've had a few "crying suicide" friends in the past, but I was pretty sure they were simplying crying for attention. It's the quiet ones that you really gotta look after since you don't know what's going on in their minds. One of my good friends back in high school was one of the quiet ones.... I noticed frustration marks on his arms (he wears long sleeved shirts, anyways) when he was taking off his jacket one day, and that's when my flags went up... considering I didn't know many sources to go to, I decided to go to a teacher that was a mutual friend to us at the time, and you know what.... he was able to help this kid out... all he ready needed was to be out of his household, away from his psychotic mother.... I guess you can see he had an overdose of her bullsquat
"When I think of 'incurable disease', I really believe it means 'curable from within." -- Bob Proctor, featured in The Secret DVD / Book.

I believe that. Nothing is incurable. There have been remarkable recoveries of countless diseases, and, if you count depression as a disease....

I believe depression is most certainly curable. When you think about it, laughter is really the best medicine. You don't need any drugs or any of that to heal yourself.

All you really need is to laugh, smile, feel good, and believe. Know that you can change. No matter how depressed someone is, I know that they have it in them to laugh. And laughing is such a good feeling -- a cheesy smile spreading across your face feels so good.

As I've mentioned before, don't look at just the negative things. Take in the negative things, understand them, and then let them go. Then move on to positive thoughts. There is a way, of course -- but it's not easy.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
err yes they can and its worse f or them because they dont have coping methods

yea... too true... anyone older than the age of reason can do it...
the only thing about being a kid, as I remember, heal really quick...BUT those things are possible...we are talking about human nature.

"When I think of 'incurable disease', I really believe it means 'curable from within." -- Bob Proctor, featured in The Secret DVD / Book.

I believe that. Nothing is incurable. There have been remarkable recoveries of countless diseases, and, if you count depression as a disease....

I believe depression is most certainly curable. When you think about it, laughter is really the best medicine. You don't need any drugs or any of that to heal yourself.

All you really need is to laugh, smile, feel good, and believe. Know that you can change. No matter how depressed someone is, I know that they have it in them to laugh. And laughing is such a good feeling -- a cheesy smile spreading across your face feels so good.

As I've mentioned before, don't look at just the negative things. Take in the negative things, understand them, and then let them go. Then move on to positive thoughts. There is a way, of course -- but it's not easy.

like the way light can light up the dark, enough shadows can cover your light...

like I was saying before, I don't feel that it is curable, there is no pill that can remove sadness.... it really is a wound... because of how much we think, a broken mind is in fact broken.

latioslegends
November 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Sucide I lost my father to that horrifying act. I compltly disaprove of this act, maybe you want to die, but what about your friends, and family. Though you might be going through pain, and suffering, their are other ways out of it then death.

Anti
November 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not liking this stuff about "suicidal people are attention seeking." lol no. What epople DON'T realize is that this very community practically saved my life. I was feeling pretty terrible, and was actually thinking of that. My own personal beliefs kept me from doing it, but I was close...

When I came here, many friends perked me up and gave me a place where I felt welcome. There's a reason I have 4000+ posts. PC IS my getaway...

But that is getting off-topic...point is, I in no way was seeking attemtion. In fact, I wanted to avopid it completely. People who talk about usually aren't so serious, but just think it's cool. Those people may want attention, but people who are depressed and are thinking about commiting suicide usually aren't seeking attention...USUALLY.

I mean, it's far more serious than something to lol at and make jokes about IMO. I mean, it's a really serious issue. I'm just glad I got the help I needed ^_^ Before it was too late...so you just have to realize how weird this issue can get. there are so many factors, and yeah...I guess those play into what happens.

That's just me though. We're all entitles to our own opinions, eh?

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'm not liking this stuff about "suicidal people are attention seeking." lol no. What epople DON'T realize is that this very community practically saved my life. I was feeling pretty terrible, and was actually thinking of that. My own personal beliefs kept me from doing it, but I was close...

When I came here, many friends perked me up and gave me a place where I felt welcome. There's a reason I have 4000+ posts. PC IS my getaway...

But that is getting off-topic...point is, I in no way was seeking attemtion. In fact, I wanted to avopid it completely. People who talk about usually aren't so serious, but just think it's cool. Those people may want attention, but people who are depressed and are thinking about commiting suicide usually aren't seeking attention...USUALLY.

I mean, it's far more serious than something to lol at and make jokes about IMO. I mean, it's a really serious issue. I'm just glad I got the help I needed ^_^ Before it was too late...so you just have to realize how weird this issue can get. there are so many factors, and yeah...I guess those play into what happens.

that's good to hear that people over here shed you some light..

that's why I keep saying... it's the quiet ones you gotta worry about.

Memory
November 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM

A lot of the places I visit regularly have made a huge impact on my life. <3 Derrick, and Max, and Ryan, and Megs.... they are my best friends.
My four best friends. Ever. Including real life. Before them, I was suicidal. I was depressed.

Those four changed my life forever. Megs and Max especially; Megs being so strict but kind about everything and always knowing what to say, and Max being just so fun to talk to in general.

I'm glad that you've found help here. ♥

I remember hearing somewhere... every 45 seconds, someone attempts suicide. Every like, 18 minutes... someone succeeds. It's very sad -- oh, and that's only in America. I swear, you can force yourself to become social, become positive, and heal yourself. I did it. But before you can bounce back up... you have to hit rock bottom. Suicide, I can tell you, is not the answer. It may sound great, but....

Zorua
November 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I remember when I was in my suicidal state. I had to do everything by myself, and snap myself out of it. I keep saying and doing stupid stuff, and just being in deep thought changed it all. I just talked to a few people, changed me a bit. Though there will always one person, who helped me the greatest, out of my depression. I sought help from her several times. And of course...

She always helped me when I was in need of help. The rest I pretty much figured out myself, so it's tough when you're in depression, and eventually suicidal. It's a really hard thing to deal with, and ending your life just isn't right...

I owe my change to several other good friends, also.

Lady Nicole
November 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I've felt suicidal before. I even attempted suicide by swallowing a whole packet of ferrous sulphate tablets. Well I survived...somehow :\

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I've felt suicidal before. I even attempted suicide by swallowing a whole packet of ferrous sulphate tablets. Well I survived...somehow :\

wow... that's a different means.... don't do crap like that... you survived because it wasn't your time. That should hopefully mean something to you.

no matter how hard I hit the bottom, I keep telling myself I'm destined for great things... I wish people that can't see that try and think in terms of that... because we can all impact society, whether it be raising a happy family, finding a cure, saving a life.... we're all capable.

Melody
November 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I myself have never felt suicidal but I have sunk pretty low on the depression scale.
the only thing that ever kept me from contemplating suicide is my little brother. I cant think of killing myself. It hurts too much. As much as I may be loath to admit it at times of great depression within me I know that my brother looks up to me.

But I, too have been healed by PC. When I first joined I was completely depressed. Only the thought of how my little brother would feel prevented me from thinking of suicide as an option. When I joined I made quite a few friends and for a while everything was alright. Then the school started blocking this site and all the proxies. Slowly I was cut off from here. D: I recently made my return in april as a much more mature person :p
I didnt come back 'cuz I was depressed. I came back for my friends (Most of which have left me or turned on me ;; Sad huh?)
Anyway (Veering back on topic) I feel that suicide is kinda silly once you think about it. It never solves anything. It only hurts the ones you care about the most. and 9/10 people commit suicide because they think that they are causing the people they care about most pain. But in reality they'll cause a trememdous amount of pain if they kill themselves. And what's even more common is that most of the time the person wanting to commit suicide isnt causing pain at all. They just feel really depressed is all.

Yes I do agree that some people do cry "suicide" to get attention sometimes. But there is a real difference between a cry for attention and an actual threat of suicide from someone who is really really depressed.

I myself have talked a few friends down from suicide. It's no laughing matter. It's actually very scary. D:

Lady Nicole
November 7th, 2007, 09:36 PM
wow... that's a different means.... don't do crap like that... you survived because it wasn't your time. That should hopefully mean something to you.

I know, I'm alright now though ^_^ I would never commit suicide. I'm happy and I've learned to appreciate the value of my life. And I think I'm just hardy, I've survived a lot of things =P

22sa
November 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Suicide is one's way of telling God, "You can't fire me-- I quit."

LOL!!

I don't know how to lighten this topic up really -.-

If I say I have nothing more to love this world and should die, who could tell me differently?

I'm not strongly against suicide really. To have nothing to want or be, no purpose.... that's not a life worth sustaining.

I'm glad for the fortunate ones whom never felt that ^ way though...

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I know, I'm alright now though ^_^ I would never commit suicide. I'm happy and I've learned to appreciate the value of my life. And I think I'm just hardy, I've survived a lot of things =P

and you know what.. that's what counts.... each life experience does make us stronger....

when a broken bone mends, the former breaking point is denser... I look at that medical fact and think that a person can do the same, flex 'till they snap, and if they can last the entire healing duration, come out even stronger..

I think I'm proof of that, for one, and I think, so far, many of you guys posting in this thread have proven that, too.

The Infinite Devil Machine
November 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Sometimes things are hard. And some think that that Suicide is a way out. When life is hard, you have to keep going. For the people who think suicide thoughts are cool, you need to take a look around and see people who have really terrible lives and realize how lucky you are. I've had suicidal thoughts. I certainly don't enjoy them.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Sometimes things are hard. And some think that that Suicide is a way out. When life is hard, you have to keep going. For the people who think suicide thoughts are cool, you need to take a look around and see people who have really terrible lives and realize how lucky you are. I've had suicidal thoughts. I certainly don't enjoy them.

like the rest of your innner demons, you've got to learn to confront 'em and essentially... defeat 'em...

I'm just barely a grown man and I've still got some demons here and there, it's something we've all got to learn to live with.... key word "LIVE"

RYOUKI
November 7th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I think Suicide is for people who can't take much more of life, So I can't blame them...Life is harsh XD
But then again, I think it's pretty stupid since well, You give up, and giving up is not a good thing.

Nacon
November 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I think Suicide is for people who can't take much more of life, So I can't blame them...Life is harsh XD
But then again, I think it's pretty stupid since well, You give up, and giving up is not a good thing.

life definitely is harsh...its ups are shortlived and its downs hit hard... but you gotta live life for those few moments that really count...

you know, like watching a sibling graduate, watching your first child be born, wedding... you know what I'm talking about?

Bulletangel
November 8th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Sucide I lost my father to that horrifying act. I compltly disaprove of this act, maybe you want to die, but what about your friends, and family. Though you might be going through pain, and suffering, their are other ways out of it then death.

Clearly from reading through this topic, i can see that people who have felt suicidal see nothing wrong with it, yet those who have been directly affected by it dont look apon it so lightly.

Perhaps we dissaprove of it so much becauase we're the ones who have had to clean up the mess people leave behind.

Latios is one hundred percent correct here. I can sympathise with him entirely. There are other ways out of it. I mean cmon guys, toughen up. Fair enough, its hard for you, and you just cant seem to get out of that hole that keeps sucking you in, but we are lucky enough to be sitting here, posting on a forum, talking about it compared to people out there who dont even know what the internet is. We are so lucky to be here, ad we have so much to live for. Ive councilled many suicidal teenagers who want to hang themselves becuase they cant deal with the pressures of school. All the while, kids are being used as slaves in other countries, going days without food and generally struggling to live. It gets me so mad to hear that some girl killed herself because of bullying.

Mad both because she was tortured, she didnt know how to reach out, and she was so well off. People would give their souls to live like we do, typing away on our keyboards, eating meals every day. We're so desensitised by our surroundings and the television shows we watch, we dont even realise how goddamn lucky we are.

Contrary to my rather rude and abrupt posts before (Its actually four months since my brother tried to overdose, so i was generally in a bad mood) I have listened to and helped many people with the same problem, becuase the last thing i want is for both them to pass away, and for their loved ones to have to deal with that.

Beleive me. Suicide hurts. Maybe not you, but it hurts us. It really does.

If anyone here EVER needs to talk about it, do not hesitate to PM me. I'll do everything i can to talk to you and help you out because, well, i have alot of experience in that sort of thing. Even if you jst want to chat, talking always helps =)

No matter who you are, i care about you. Becuase even though ive never met you and probably never will, ill be someone who cares about you no matter what you've done, or who you are.

(sorry about the essay xD)

Chibi - Dalgia_X
November 8th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I'm not an emotional person but when my life was going really terrible i nearly stabbed myself with my own switch blade knife once

sorta silly I know but I felt realli bad then and that was just after my first gf dumped me ut of course that wasn't the only reason I tried to kill myself

Ayce
November 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Suicide is fine just as long as you don't get your blood over me, in which case I'd be forced to kill you, if you weren't already dead that is. j/k

I don't mean sound insensitive towards the topic. It's a very serious issue. I felt suicidal before. Put on some Sean Kingston and laid back with a pack of painkillers in one hand. Hm, any way I look at it, suicide is the easy way out, something I could never commit to. People in that emotional state should consider how it would affect the people around them, and they need to keep their dreams alive and hopes for the future. It's a lot harder to kill yourself if you have something to look forward to.

Memory
November 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM
LOL!!

I don't know how to lighten this topic up really -.-

If I say I have nothing more to love this world and should die, who could tell me differently?

I'm not strongly against suicide really. To have nothing to want or be, no purpose.... that's not a life worth sustaining.

I'm glad for the fortunate ones whom never felt that ^ way though...

Everyone has a purpose. But, quite honestly, not anyone has the strength to find theirs.

Oh, trust me, I'm sure a whole lot of us have felt that way >< We shouldn't just blow off the people who are yelling out for help by the way of saying that they're going to hurt themselves, they're depressed, going to commit suicide....

If they're pleading for attention, you'll find out if you go to your counselor and tell them what's happening.
If they're really serious, you'll find out if you go to your counselor and tell them what's happening.

It's like a win-win situation. <3

LunarAngel
November 8th, 2007, 05:53 AM
suicide

those thoughts annoy me so i just shove where they belong i'm like that if it bothers me and its a thought i never remeber it again.

Suicide is also the cowards way out. by shooting yourself overdosing your basically saying im to weak to go one.

there is one type of suicidal person truly commited to it. and thats the jumper

its easy to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, swallow some pills, or slit your wrists. you can live from all of those.

but once you jump of that building your done gone you were truly commited to dying

Amoeba
November 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I in no way see suicide as right.

But let me just talk about a few things first. When someone is in the situation where they seriously contemplate suicide (and aren't just following the trends, or seeking attention), they aren't thinking straight. They can convince themselves as much as they like that they have nothing to be suicidal about, they can forever tell themselves loved ones will suffer, they can dwell on those far less fortunate than themselves for hours.

But it doesn't change anything. When you're in that frame of mind, no matter how hard you try to pull yourself out of it, merely existing hurts. Its not the same sort of pain a starving child feels, nor is it the same kind your feel after 14 hours of labourious work endured every day.

The desire to die can be can be so intense that you can resort to banging your head off a wall until you concuss just to take your mind off the strange internal pain. It's suffocating.

Life is hard. But not everyone can cope the same. Being told that you're weak for not being able to cope can often just make the feeling worse. It can make the desire to end it all, that bit more desireable. It's in the human nature to hesitate, to strive to survive. But when that survival instinct is overridden you know there is something terribly wrong, an unbearable turmoil going on in that person's mind that even they cannot explain to those even closest to them.

As I said, it's not a normal feeling. I don't think its natural. And often, the person doesn't even know what they want to make things better.

Suicide is not the right way out, it does not solve anything. But my opinion on suicide is that there is a lack of understanding of what goes on in these people's minds. The mind of someone who seriously contemplates suicide can be extremely fragile.

Lady Nicole
November 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Amoeba: I totally agree with you. Looking back now, all I can say is...I must have been out of my mind.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Phailbot.

*cries*

I've been suicidal for two years... it got me a friend or two, at least...

Anti
November 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
suicide

those thoughts annoy me so i just shove where they belong i'm like that if it bothers me and its a thought i never remeber it again.

Suicide is also the cowards way out. by shooting yourself overdosing your basically saying im to weak to go one.

You obviously have never felt suicidal before.

there is one type of suicidal person truly commited to it. and thats the jumper

See above.

its easy to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, swallow some pills, or slit your wrists. you can live from all of those.

You can easily die from them too.

but once you jump of that building your done gone you were truly commited to dying

Sorry, but I totally disagree. A mean, it isn't a coward's way out at all. I view it as wrong (which is why I didn't in the first place), but it is by no means a cowardly gesture in some circumstances. some people take abuse and constant suffering.

Does it really metter how you commit suicide? lol no. I mean, I was PRETTY DARN CONVINCED I was gonna commit suicide, and I nearly did. MY method would've been an OD, which with enough pills, is a near guarentee of death. Shooting yourself in the right spot does it too...I mean, does it really matter?

Sorry, I just don't see your point...that's just me...

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 8th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Those who are dedicated to committing suicide jump? I must be then, because that's ALMOST how I did it.

I figured no one would care. In fact, I thought there'd be a party. :(

Lady Nicole
November 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I actually know someone who fell off a building and survived :\

sims796
November 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I don't believe in suicide. I feel it as giving up. To hell will anybody, any situation, any problems, be enough to make me wanna die. I'm too good for that. Literally, too good. I haven't done anything worth dying over.

I have too much crap that I MUST do before I die, so I ain't ending it short.

If anyone does anything to me to make me wanna kill myself, I ain't goin' down like that. I'll take them out before I go.

As for a painful situation, as said before, I have too much going on to give up now. I HAVE to keep going.

I am also religious, so on top of agreeing with everything jwilso72 said, I throw religion on that as well.

I feel bad to those not strong enough to avoid suicide for an escape.

Anti
November 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I don't believe in suicide. I feel it as giving up. To hell will anybody, any situation, any problems, be enough to make me wanna die. I'm too good for that. Literally, too good. I haven't done anything worth dying over.

Yup.

I have too much crap that I MUST do before I die, so I ain't ending it short.

*Hold on, I'll transfer your call* lol

If anyone does anything to me to make me wanna kill myself, I ain't goin' down like that. I'll take them out before I go.

As for a painful situation, as said before, I have too much going on to give up now. I HAVE to keep going.

I am also religious, so on top of agreeing with everything jwilso72 said, I throw religion on that as well.

I feel bad to those not strong enough to avoid suicide for an escape.

I'd agree. I urge anybody seeing suicidal to talk about it. It helps a heck of a lot.

sims796
November 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Heh.

Also, suicide breaks one of my mottos:

"If I fall down, somebody, I don't care who, is going down with me."

Lady Nicole
November 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Sims, you have the right spirit! ^_^

Zanacross
November 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I will commit suicide

one day.

Ive still got a lot to live for at the moment.

I will only commit suicide when I'm 29-39. Thats what i see as old. Im happy with life so i wouldn't care if i died now.

But i have one big fear and thats growing old, one thing i will not do ever.

My motto is
"its my life, i can do what i want with it"

If i want to throw it away i will. Its your life to do what you want with.
I'm a Sort of Buddhist. i believe in the Buddhist beliefs so i shouldn't commit suicide.
but my life

I wanna do a few things before i die though

1)Climb Mt Everest
2)Have a reasonable house
3)Find enlightenment
4)kill some bull crapping bullies.

Nacon
November 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I will commit suicide

one day.

Ive still got a lot to live for at the moment.

I will only commit suicide when I'm 29-39. Thats what i see as old. Im happy with life so i wouldn't care if i died now.

But i have one big fear and thats growing old, one thing i will not do ever.

My motto is
"its my life, i can do what i want with it"

If i want to throw it away i will. Its your life to do what you want with.
I'm a Sort of Buddhist. i believe in the Buddhist beliefs so i shouldn't commit suicide.
but my life

I wanna do a few things before i die though

1)Climb Mt Everest
2)Have a reasonable house
3)Find enlightenment
4)kill some bull crapping bullies.

that's no way to end the book, man... besides,.. do want to cause pain to your loved ones solely because you didn't want to grow old with them. since I can't read the emotion in your statement, I hope you were joking.

and in terms of your list of thingw to do, objective 3) should explain that to you....... if you want to kick bullies, as a word of advice, from experience, don't become to bully of bullies, it makes you no better.

Bulletangel, that's a beautiful thing you're doing, reaching out and whatnot. Each person that is hellped can become another person that helps. I'm on the same boat as you in terms of the hand reaching out.... I never turn down to a friend in need, and don't back out until I've made some progress.

and also, guys, I really like where this thread is going, it's very deep, for the most part, and it's great to see people with the right ideals and moral values. All in all, this is a very touchy, very delicate topic.

I think we all know that in some cultures, suicide was acceptable, and it was a form of redemption, to show religious devotion, or to stand for ones beliefs, but all in all, those cultures did have a value for life.... such a cultural belief did not carry over because the value of a life exceeded the social and religious values once held. see, but unfortunately, a serious tragedy or a disturbing event is what causes people to start to understand the value of each breath we take.

I may value my life more-so than others, but it's mainly because in order to help others, you must first take care of yourself... exactly like the way our Heart functions, the first bits of blood being pumped in its beats go right back to the heart... though that is a biological thing, I thing it turns into a good metaphor, at least in my place.

Memory
November 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Zanacross:

I'm honestly more afraid of death more so than life. A lot of people are. The only thing that kept me from committing suicide back when I was about five seconds away from doing so is the fact that I was too afraid. I've been curious my whole life about what happens after death, but I would never waste my life for that.

If you really want to commit suicide one day, be my guest, won't say anything against it. ^-^

Nacon
November 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Zanacross:

I'm honestly more afraid of death more so than life. A lot of people are. The only thing that kept me from committing suicide back when I was about five seconds away from doing so is the fact that I was too afraid. I've been curious my whole life about what happens after death, but I would never waste my life for that.

If you really want to commit suicide one day, be my guest, won't say anything against it. ^-^

that something on the side... for all we know, it could be sour grapes (think of the Aesop story)...

I'm glad you backed out, we're so young and giving up now is not the way to go. With life, you gotta be headstrong and steadfast, loving and caring. But then again, you can't appreciate what you have the knowledge of what it's like to be without it.

Zanacross
November 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
im not afraid of death

and i wasnt jokeing eirlyer

i am scared of growing old

Memory
November 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Growing old... it's a part of life. Inevitable. Unless of course you do something like that and kill yourself.... I'm sorry that you feel that suicide is the answer. ^^

Nacon
November 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM
im not afraid of death

and i wasnt jokeing eirlyer

i am scared of growing old

hey man, I feel you on that one... growing old is scary, especially seeing those around you end up going under the ground...... but it's a part of life... you know...

I feel like I want to be able to see my grandkids and preach to 'em with my endless tales........... but yes, the inevitable is a scary thing to think about....

there is no justice in dwelling upon it either....... that's something that can occur at any time...... it's each moment that you live, that's what should concern you now, man!

Zanacross
November 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Growing old... it's a part of life. Inevitable. Unless of course you do something like that and kill yourself.... I'm sorry that you feel that suicide is the answer. ^^

Like i say i dont want to grow old at all

i know some people ma think of me a selfish but i'd rather die then be old.

also you may think its like ending the book but i see it as starting a new chapter.

Nacon
November 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
we don't know if it really is closing the book or closing the chapter.... and to be honest with, at least I know for sure that I want to read it through.

Zanacross
November 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
you have given some very valid points here. but im tierd so im gonna leave this and come back tomorrow.

Nacon
November 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
you have given some very valid points here. but im tierd so im gonna leave this and come back tomorrow.

unfortunately, there's valid points both ways... but I'd rather stick to the end of the spectrum where I still know what's going on, more so than the other side.

have a goodnight, man.

shoohoo88798
November 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM
kill me no way!i love my life!

Nacon
November 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
kill me no way!i love my life!

I think that's the idea man.....enjoy it while you got....

Zanacross
November 9th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I think that's the idea man.....enjoy it while you got....

Thats what im doing enjoying m life now.

Warheart
November 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM
"Whenever you're feeling low, just call me. I'll be there for you. And I can hook you up, if you know what I mean." <_<

I good friend told me that once..I still have no idea WTF he meant until I later found out he was some kind of junkie O_O

Anyways, Um..That quote was completely irrelevent, and I have no idea where I was going by saying that just now xD

I've thought of suicide before. Yeah..but alot of people do when they're at a tough point in life. To me, taking your own life is incredibly selfish, especially if it's for some reason that wouldn't imapct you in life anyways. I never acted on my thoughts because I've always had people there to help me through those times. =/

Waffle-San
November 9th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Okay, I don't like how people are calling Suicide selfish. It is true that when people are thinking of Suicide they're thinking of it because of their own problems and they are thinking of how it'll solve there problems etc.
But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them. Ameoba had an amzing post earlier and it's true that the feeling of wanting to die is overpowering. Broken bones will heal, emotional scars may but there is no time period. There is no 6-8 Weeks. It can take years. I've had a concussion before and at least through that horrible feeling you know it's going to end. You can think to yourself "only 1 more week," or something else. Even if it takes longer it's ussually going to heal. When your emotionally disturbed and depressed there is no date, there's not always a "it'll be better in the morning." Just like having a concussion or other injury, they want it to end but to a suicidal person there is no way out, there is no waking up and feeling better. And if it comes to it, they may start viewing Suicide as a way for it to end, a way for the constant sadness and misery to be over. Suicide is their medicine. It is sad definately, but that's why you have to show them the way out.

Anyone see where I'm trying to go with this, if your trying to help these people you can't be angry adn upset and tell yourself how selfish they are, You have to be positive. How can your "patient" be positive if you yourself arn't in the first place.

Now I do agree, Suicide is by no means a smart thing to do, and you never want to see it happen. It does make me a little angry that people would think of it.
I've never known a person that's commited Suicide but I do know two that have seriously considered it and there's no way that you can call them totally selfish. What's inside their head is the opinion that matters most, it always will be, no matter who you are, whether you agree with me or not. Now a person's opinion can definately be influenced by another, but in the end it's your own. If they've been telling themselves that Suicide is the best way to solve their own pain for so long, it's going to be hard to chage their mind. This is where I think outside the box thinking is needed.

Evidentally it's up to that person whether they're going to go through with it or not and I think the best thing you can do if you can't lighten their mood is to get them thinking. I'm guessing if you can get them really thinking they can find their own ways too conclusion's that you've been trying to tell them. If they're not going to listen to you, chances are they'll listen to themselves. IT can be more about patience and understanding then just telling them whats right and whats wrong. Because what they think is right might not be what you do.

Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference.

Eventually our corpses will decompose and the nutriets in our body will help little acorns and seeds grow into trees that will provide homes and food for insects, birds and other animals. Our fellow human beings of the future will be able to eat thanks to the animals that the tree helped nourish, or fruits directly can be taken and eating. If none of that the wood may be used to create a shelter of the future. See we are life and we ALWAYS will be. Despite everything, your still going to be part of a new growth, a growth of the future.
You Cannot avoid life so why kill yourself, the people of the past helped aid you and you have the chance to aid the people of the future.

Wow that was long...........I kind of lost track who i was talking to and just said everything/stuff, I even lost track.

Anyways, i personally think Suicide is stupid but not the people who attempt it.

akatsuki9
November 9th, 2007, 09:34 PM
if i would commint suicide if like zanncrosssaid my life i complete
if i did comitte suicide i would want to go out with a BANG!
not sitting at my house overdosing
i would try to get as many peopke as possible to watchme die

Lady Nicole
November 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them.

Thank you for saying that; it's very true. I remember lying in hospital after my iron overdose and there were people all around me, worrying about me, coming to see if I was OK. It was only then that I realized just how much I would be missed...

Oh and err...thanks for voting in Motm for me and Richard as your favourite pair ^_^

That is all very well, but when you are feeling truly suicidal you don't care enough about yourself to be thinking about this kind of thing; you just can't wait to go.

Waffle-San
November 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM

That's an absoultely horrible thing to say, How can you ever know when your life is complete. I knew my post was too long to read.

sims796
November 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, I don't like how people are calling Suicide selfish. It is true that when people are thinking of Suicide they're thinking of it because of their own problems and they are thinking of how it'll solve there problems etc.
But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them. Ameoba had an amzing post earlier and it's true that the feeling of wanting to die is overpowering. Broken bones will heal, emotional scars may but there is no time period. There is no 6-8 Weeks. It can take years. I've had a concussion before and at least through that horrible feeling you know it's going to end. You can think to yourself "only 1 more week," or something else. Even if it takes longer it's ussually going to heal. When your emotionally disturbed and depressed there is no date, there's not always a "it'll be better in the morning." Just like having a concussion or other injury, they want it to end but to a suicidal person there is no way out, there is no waking up and feeling better. And if it comes to it, they may start viewing Suicide as a way for it to end, a way for the constant sadness and misery to be over. Suicide is their medicine. It is sad definately, but that's why you have to show them the way out.

Anyone see where I'm trying to go with this, if your trying to help these people you can't be angry adn upset and tell yourself how selfish they are, You have to be positive. How can your "patient" be positive if you yourself arn't in the first place.

Now I do agree, Suicide is by no means a smart thing to do, and you never want to see it happen. It does make me a little angry that people would think of it.
I've never known a person that's commited Suicide but I do know two that have seriously considered it and there's no way that you can call them totally selfish. What's inside their head is the opinion that matters most, it always will be, no matter who you are, whether you agree with me or not. Now a person's opinion can definately be influenced by another, but in the end it's your own. If someone's been telling themselves that Suicide is the best way to solve their own pain for so long, it's going to be hard to chage their mind. This is where I think outside the box thinking is needed.
They need to think long & hard, harder than they ever have. There is no going back.

Evidentally it's up to that person whether they're going to go through with it or not and I think the best thing you can do if you can't lighten their mood is to get them thinking. I'm guessing if you can get them really thinking they can find their own ways too conclusion's that you've been trying to tell them. If they're not going to listen to you, chances are they'll listen to themselves. IT can be more about patience and understanding then just telling them whats right and whats wrong. Because what they think is right might not be what you do.
Good point. Right & wrong are all subjective. But I'm not patient or understanding enough to care for others problems. Outside from those I care about. Although I take suicide threats serious.

Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference.
Well, I don't fully understand what you mean here, so I'll guess. Once there dead, game over. No second chances, no fixing their problem. I hope their afterlife is better than their current life. According to a christian, it won't be.

Eventually our corpses will decompose and the nutriets in our body will help little acorns and seeds grow into trees that will provide homes and food for insects, birds and other animals. Our fellow human beings of the future will be able to eat thanks to the animals that the tree helped nourish, or fruits directly can be taken and eating. If none of that the wood may be used to create a shelter of the future. See we are life and we ALWAYS will be. Despite everything, your still going to be part of a new growth, a growth of the future.
You Cannot avoid life so why kill yourself, the people of the past helped aid you and you have the chance to aid the people of the future.
Ah...so suicide helps us eat? Nice!

Just kidding, I know what you meant, not gonna twist words.

Wow that was long...........I kind of lost track who i was talking to and just said everything/stuff, I even lost track.

Anyways, i personally think Suicide is stupid but not the people who attempt it. Meh, I disagree. Then again, everyone is stupid to me. Cept waffle lovers. (Even though pancakes are 5 times better).

I don't have the patience to edit this quote down. I'll comment on a few things.

Waffle-San
November 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Well "Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference. " Was just leading into the next part. I was trying to amke it look organizedish.

Ya, there's no going back, but it's about making them realize what tehy're missing, if your just telling them what you think then sometimes it's just like talking to a brick wall. No what I mean?

sims796
November 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Well "Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference. " Was just leading into the next part. I was trying to amke it look organizedish.

Ya, there's no going back, but it's about making them realize what tehy're missing, if your just telling them what you think then sometimes it's just like talking to a brick wall. No what I mean?

I understand fully. Unfortunately, I have little patience, & don't like dealing with other people's problems.

Unfortunately, I have much experience helping others. Everybody comes to ME with there stupid little issues. So I could handle a suicide situation pretty good. I hate others.

Waffle-San
November 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Well it's probabley because your so mature :P All well once you rule the world that may change. I'd feel honoured if people came to me for that stuff.

Okay we're getting off-topic here, better save this for somewhere else.

Xairmo
November 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
hmm i dont necessarily agree with suicide but i dont believe its my place to tell people its right or wrong
i have been suicidal at times, but not al that hardcore about

but if any told me they were contimplating it id do all i could to talk them out of it

Romance Hero
November 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I think I go through at least one near-death account everyday, I don't fear death, I've been dead before, too many times that I don't rely on accidents to kill me anymore. I'd walk through heavy traffic, most of the time. But I never intentionally wanted to kill myself.

Kylie-chan
November 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I don't agree that it's the right solution, but I don't judge anyone who commits it, especially as I've made attempts myself. There are always different options, even if they aren't exactly clear; and a better thing is bound to come along, which may be clichéd, but it's also true. Suicide is an immediate way out -- it's also permanent.

The way society views mental illness in particular probably helps contribute. :/ The systems really do suck.

I also believe that no one truly wants to die; it goes against the core instinct to survive at all costs. I think it's more that people don't want to live that's the problem.

That is the biggest piece of BS about suicide I've heard in a long while, and I've heard a lot, really. Children are just as capable of feeling pain -- just as much, perhaps even more, because they're not better-equipped to deal with their problems in a lot of cases. Adults have problems that may seem bigger, but that's relatively -- to a child, which is immature by comparison, their problems are just as big.

Although it can always just be a reaction to what they see on TV/around them, some children do it seriously. Some are abused. Some are mentally ill or chemically imbalanced.

Quit your judgment.

Also, mental illnesses are very real -- your backwards-thinking is just an example of the ideology that has cost society many lives, minds, etc. since the beginning of time.

Wish
November 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I believe Suicide is a very serious matter.

I've been suicidal and took a knife and almost stabbed myself, but I thought about what I still have left in this world and dropped the knife.

Anyway, Yeah Suicide is the quickest way out of a Tight spot, but it is the worst. Stress builds up on you to think these things.

Anyway, I agree to what Kylie says that a Kid's suicide and pain could be comparable to any other person's suicide.

Persona
November 11th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I have known many people who have tried and failed or succeeded because of long standing issues that ground into them like nails. I find that no amount of counseling in the world will save such a person. A relative of mine is an example. He simply became tired of life, of all aspects of life, from working, paying the bills, relationships, leisure, and the whole world in general. According to the note he left behind, everyday of his life was a slow punishment for nothing. I reminisce of the the many times he discussed this issue with the family, and there really was nothing anyone could have done for him. Basically, he had no desire to live because life to him was utterly pointless and predictable to its core.

I have little to no faith in psychology, as I have witnessed people getting hurt by it more than helped. Counseling isn't always the solution, and I assume a lot of psychologists don't know half of what they think they know about the human mind. This is why suicide laws are so uninformed, and a waste. In my opinion, the only time suicide should be prevented, is if the act is endangering those around the person; activities of which endanger others directly. If a person alone decides to hang themselves, shoot themselves, while if they fail these attempts, I do not believe they should be locked up in jail. They are neither insane, nor criminals. In fact, a lot of people who failed in their suicide attempts were quite lucid and they eventually had a strong grasp on reality. I'll continue to wonder why suicide is considered illegal. Is it perhaps the fact that our own society refuses to face the problem it has created? Is illegal suicide simply a pill our whole system feeds us and punishes those of who are failures because it exposes a deeper, unhappier truth?

Kylie-chan
November 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Counseling isn't always the solution but it can help immensely. My first was a great help to me. My second made me spiral back into negative thoughts, so I quit going. Some counsellors just suck. My Mom has a sucky one at the moment. She's just out of university and doesn't know crap about anything because she lacks the life experience to back it up. Oh, well. *shrug* In every field there are insightful people and people who need a different job.

The law is ostensibly there to protect the interests of the people, and suicide isn't exactly in the interests of the physical safety of an individual, but I have no comment about what the law really does. Start and everyone will just go on about OPPRESSIN' THE PPLZ and listen to their crap music. [/whine]

Emii
November 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I dunno if I agree with suicide. Not really. But there have been times like today and right now, that I have been so depressed that I just wish I would die. But I could NEVER kill or hurt myself. I couldn't ask anyone else to either. So basically, I want to die sometimes, but I don't...? I dunno. Just really depressed I guess. I hate having crappy days where you cry at school and everyone asks what's wrong. XD

Yeah, and I've tried counseling. It doesn't really do much for me. ^^;

Jack O'Neill
November 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
The M*A*S*H school of thought regarding suicide states that it's painless, that it brings on many changes, and that you can take or leave it if you please.

I disagree with the first statement; quite a few methods of suicide tend to be rather painful. The changes it brings about are almost always negative. Most importantly, it's your choice; if you choose to take it, however, you just made the most stupid decision of your short life here on Earth.

Hinamori_Momo
November 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I can't agree with suicide. There have been occurrences where I've wanted to die, but never have I actually done anything that extreme. I admit I have cut myself plenty of times, but never anything like suicide.

Emii
November 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I can't agree with suicide. There have been occurrences where I've wanted to die, but never have I actually done anything that extreme. I admit I have cut myself plenty of times, but never anything like suicide.

You've cut yourself? wow, I'm too afraid to even do that. XD even when I feel like crap like now.
There have been many times where I wish other people would commit suicide.. or just, you know, disappeared forever and never ever came back.

Overall, I guess I don't agree with it. People don't realize how it affects everyone around them

Hinamori_Momo
November 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
You've cut yourself? wow, I'm too afraid to even do that. XD even when I feel like crap like now.
There have been many times where I wish other people would commit suicide.. or just, you know, disappeared forever and never ever came back.

Overall, I guess I don't agree with it. People don't realize how it affects everyone around them

I've cut myself, like, a thousand times and have some permanent cuts. And I've wished people would disappear too, and they'd never come back unless it was for an extreme reason. I wished someone would disappear one day and the next day it actually happened. And no it wasn't a coincidence.

And before someone kills themself, they should think about why they're still alive and how their death would hurt others like the people they love.

Emii
November 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I've cut myself, like, a thousand times and have some permanent cuts. And I've wished people would disappear too, and they'd never come back unless it was for an extreme reason. I wished someone would disappear one day and the next day it actually happened. And no it wasn't a coincidence.

And before someone kills themself, they should think about why they're still alive and how their death would hurt others like the people they love.

Love.. that's why I feel like I do. Most people kill themselves because of that, don't they? ..maybe?

Hinamori_Momo
November 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Love.. that's why I feel like I do. Most people kill themselves because of that, don't they? ..maybe?
A lot of people have actually killed themselves out of love for someone. I think that they're trying to show that when they say "I love you to death", they mean it.

Emii
November 15th, 2007, 09:18 PM
A lot of people have actually killed themselves out of love for someone. I think that they're trying to show that when they say "I love you to death", they mean it.
Yeah.. relationships suck. They make me depressed and make people kill themselves. I wish I didn't love somebody.. but I can't help it. I won't kill myself though. I should let my feelings out and not keep to myself alot so my feelings aren't bottled up and I won't go crazy one day and do that. I think..

Jester Girl
November 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I think killing yourself is useless and idiotic, personally.

22sa
November 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM
But if weren't relationships, we as humans would definately kill each other for personal gain instead :P

Xairmo
November 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
But if weren't relationships, we as humans would definately kill each other for personal gain instead :P

XD nice
though sadly, that may also be true 0.0

Romance Hero
November 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I think killing yourself is useless and idiotic, personally.

This is exactly what I think :/

If you suicide, you give up on life. An individual shouldn't be so defeatist (i.e.: emo people, sooooooo defeatist :/)

So a couple of bad things happened. Should not call for the end of your life, that is just pointless and absolute failure. You should know suicide is frowned upon, not taken as brave action. In commiting suicide, you assist in your own demise.

Binary
November 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM
A person who does suicide is an idiot and insane person really,
But sometimes it can be for justice,
Like if I dont get the girl I like im gonna suicide*lol*
600TH POST WOOHOO!
Now i dont wanna do suicide XD

Kylie-chan
November 20th, 2007, 06:43 PM
A person who does suicide is an idiot and insane person really,
But sometimes it can be for justice,
Like if I dont get the girl I like im gonna suicide*lol*
600TH POST WOOHOO!
Now i dont wanna do suicide XD

I think calling them idiot and insane is far too harsh -- because then you go on to say suicide over not 'getting' a girl is for justice, and then you note that it's humorous.

I think that's a great inconsistency.

[Although I guess it annoys me because I know/knew quite a few people who suicided, and it wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision over not getting the limited-edition Phoenix Wright pack.]

Jubilation
November 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Seriously for all those who said it was stupid, it may seem like that but depression gets the better of you, my uncle commited suicide, nobody even knew he had depression...

Sorano
November 23rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
Okay, this is annoying.
For all of you who have made comments such as "people who commit suicide are stupid", "they don't realize how it affects the people around them,"they're selfish and idiotic"... really, look at yourselves. How can you all be so insensitive? In my opinion, you lot are the idiots. You'll never know what it's like to be the people who are having these thoughts, you have no idea what's going through their heads. You don't know how hard it is to control yourself. :/ And sometimes it doesn't even have to do with having something bad happen in their lives. People are born with disorders, and they can't always control how they feel. It's not their fault. So first of all, stop making assumptions.

No, I'm not saying I agree with suicide. But I'm not calling it stupid or cowardly either. I personally don't even understand how it could be considered cowardly. How much guts does it take to take your own life? Probably a lot in most cases. Sure, it's the fast way out. But the people who commit suicide are usually suffering, so they feel they have no choice. How can you say that's stupid? That's just cruel, in my opinion. And selfish? uh, no. If you really think about it, if you are mad at your relatives or friends for commiting suicide, you are the selfish ones. Only thinking about your problems and not caring about what excuse they had, not caring about their feelings and thoughts about it. But y'know, just my opinion. :/

I know or have known a lot of people that have had to go through this; a few people in my family (including myself), and quite a few friends. So of course I'm going to take something like this seriously.

Sogard3
November 23rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Since when is suicide cowardly? I completely agree with Sorano on this one. People commit suicide because they're going through a horrible experience, they feel no one loves them, they feel useless, and they feel like everyone would be better off without their existence.

Also think of it from a logical viewpoint. If you're having a horrible time, you screwed up life, you hurt others ands yourself, and so on. Ending it would end your misery, leave others room to recover and you destroy another imperfection from the world.

The funniest thing is, it's usually those with a higher intelligence level that have suicidal thoughts. It has nothing to do with mental disorders and such, it's simply your outlook on life. Those without open minds simply cannot understand and use mindless insults to prevent themselves from looking like mindless idiots.

I'm not against or for suicide. It's that persons decision. If they've though it out and logical came to the conclusion that it is for the best, then so be it. If your a retard and kill yourself because of something stupid, the world is better off with less people of lower intelligence.

LaurenLOVESTONED
December 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM
its sad and tragic. and i wouldnt really say cowardly. but it is selfish. think about all the people you choose to leave behind, can you imagine howd they feel knowing you felt there was no other option and there was nothing they could do. in my opinion, it would be worse losing someone to disease or a tragic acident

MegamanC
December 1st, 2007, 01:55 AM
Haha, I don't really considered suicide, but when people say I wanna commit suicide, I usually say, "Been there and done that"

I mean...It was unintentional, but when you fall from a 400ft cliff and manage to survive with a humorous right arm fracture...Kinda been there and have done that.

- MegamanC

Anxiety.
December 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
I have never wanted to commit suicide, I was on the path, but was pulled back by one trusty friend...

It is scary..

But I'm not going to pretend I understand the emotions, I have half the blast of them, but when you want to commit suicide then you have felt the full blast.

Life is a game (Sorta) and it can be sad and cruel, but if you give up and turn of the game you will never see the good parts... they will come, don't let the emotions get the better of you.
Although it is a good thing to do, I'm not gonna say talk to someone, you might not know who to turn to, I don't know who to turn to, but in my case the person sorta turned to me, it's lucky if that happens...

Don't stop playing the game, something will come, trust me.

Everyone from every age group has emotions, and this is what causes suicide, emotions. But like germs, they aren't all bad!

Also, if suicide is a illness it can be contagious. Someone commits suicide, someone thinks 'I could have stopped it. I should have noticed, they didn't want the attention, they were looking for help.. why didn't I do that? Why didn't I help!? I could have done More!!!' then they commit suicide, so don't spread the illness.

txteclipse
December 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Amachi's post way the heck at the beginning of this thread wins, as far as I'm concerned. Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem.

I don't care what you're going through. There is nothing on earth bad enough for suicide to be the only answer.

The post above me brings up an interesting point, that not everyone knows who to talk to. I'll personally say that anyone can PM me any time if they want or need to talk. I may not know what to do, but I'll always at least listen.

~Crystal Entei~
December 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
I actually considered it once,just because I thought about how tough life was going to be when I got older.I thought there was no way in heck I was going to survive the real world and 'why go through all of that if I just end it now?'Well it's not like I'm some all-knowing being that just knows my life will suck when I get older.I'm completely clueless so then I was like,'you know what,screw it'.Finally,my opinion on suicide is DON'T DO IT.Live life to the fullest and enjoy it while you can.

Sunset
December 1st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Suicide is simply a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
That's my take on it.

Allen-kun
December 2nd, 2007, 05:28 AM
Hmm.. Suicide.

I don't like the idea of it, infact I depise all those who have done it or consider doing it.

Suicide is just a easier way out of life.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but others still go on with it. Suicide is just for people who can't hack it. They need to grow up. If they need help or something, get it, don't just take matters into their own hands. I'm sure friends and family can help. And if they don't have any, then talk to a psychiatrist or something.

To die should be done naturally, like old age or something.

And I guess if it comes to it, dieing by accident is a better way than suicide....

Anti
December 2nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Hmm.. Suicide.

I don't like the idea of it, infact I depise all those who have done it or consider doing it.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but others still go on with it. Suicide is just for people who can't hack it. They need to grow up. If they need help or something, get it, don't just take matters into their own hands. I'm sure friends and family can help. And if they don't have any, then talk to a psychiatrist or something.

And I guess if it comes to it, dieing by accident is a better way than suicide....

Ah, I really wish YOU would grow up. It isn't an "easier way out of life." People, like me at one time, wanted to commit suicide because there is probably something VERY cruel going on. It has nothing to do with if we can or can't "hack it." Not at all.

And I guess you despise me now. I really wish when people posted they'd realise how serious people are about this when they post these oh so inconsiderate comments. Read Sorano's post, it's 100%correct. But wow, that makes me sick, sorry.

Just because I almost committed suicide doesn't make me someone to "despise" or dislike by any means. *Sigh*

♥~*Abby*~♥
December 2nd, 2007, 08:22 AM
Hmm.. Suicide.

*sigh* Fine then. Despise me. I had a good reason for wanting to commit suicide.

Anti
December 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
*sigh* Fine then. Despise me. I had a good reason for wanting to commit suicide.

Well, yeah. It's just totally unfair to hate people for what they're going through.

And BTW, it's VERY hard to admit how you're feeling, you get afraid of people thinking bad things about you and that kind of stuff. It's not like people go, "Hey, I want to commit suicide! Time to see the doctor!" Um, it doesn't work that way.

Again, people have their reasons. Perhaps not jumping to such unfair conclusions would be a good idea. Sorry for going through a lot, but not everybody is good at handling adversity, and sometimes it is a situation that even very strong (emocionally of course) people have difficulty overcoming.

I don't endorse suicide by any means, but it's not like people are just heartless and idiotic for doing it-people have their reasons. It isn't the right thing to do obviously, but some people don't know that and people have to understand that.

Lilith
December 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
I've been suicidal before and I do think it's pathetic. I despise myself for even thinking of it. Despising others, well usually no because there is always someone having it far more worse than I am so maybe that seems like a good option to them. But even if they had a million good reasons, it's still pretty pathetic. You don't ever get anywhere by running from your problems. You'd just bring more problems aka your loved ones dealing with your loss and paying for a funeral. :/

Dogar The Brave
December 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
I was so close... So close... Too close...

No, how could taking your own life be a right option? How bad can your life be to do what drug lords and madmen do every day? Killing yourself is no different to killing a young child.

It is wrong, what those people need are help, not bitterness... The pain they go through is undescribible... But you've got to hang in there, if not for yourself, then for the ones who care about you.

The Shadow
December 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Hey I'm New. Any way suicide is just plain stupid. Why would you kill yourself and go to hell. It's not worth it.

Sora_8920
December 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
I haven't been suicidal. To answer the first question, I think it's.. Well..

Allen-kun
December 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
Ah, I really wish YOU would grow up. It isn't an "easier way out of life." People, like me at one time, wanted to commit suicide because there is probably something VERY cruel going on. It has nothing to do with if we can or can't "hack it." Not at all.

And I guess you despise me now. I really wish when people posted they'd realise how serious people are about this when they post these oh so inconsiderate comments. Read Sorano's post, it's 100%correct. But wow, that makes me sick, sorry.

Just because I almost committed suicide doesn't make me someone to "despise" or dislike by any means. *Sigh*

Eh, okay. I guess using the word depise is kinda taking it a bit fair..

But what I meant was I don't really understand why people try to be suicidal.

People see the word differently, I see my world as a place where killing myself is out of the question and no matter what I will overcome whatever tries to break me down.

I understand that I haven't been through the lives of other peoples, so I can't imagine how hard it is for them.

I'm sorry if my post has offended anyone is anyway.

I will next time, think before I post something again that will upset others.

Rekkage
December 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
I can't say that I've ever been depressed enough to be suicidal, but I have several friends who have been very close to committing suicide, and a lot of the comments posted here could be seen as hurtful, although that's probably not intentional. I understand that a lot of you are saying that it is selfish, and that people should consider the effect of their death on friends and family, but when I was depressed, it seems like there's nobody there who cares about you. I felt completely alone, and I wasn't suicidal, so I hate to imagine how pained someone who is suicidal must feel.

While I don't think suicide is the right way of dealing with things, nor do I agree with branding people who are suicidal 'losers' and whatnot. Anyone who feels like ending their life seriously needs help from somebody - even those who are just saying it for attention. I think people should be more sympathetic towards people who are suicidal, even if they can't understand the reasons behind someone feeling so low, instead of calling them names.

But that's just my two cents on the topic; it's one that I have very strong opinions on, so I apologize if I've just come across as a total idiot.

Godot
December 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
I seriously thought about committing suicide only once... because I have lost two friends in the past three years, and I thought it was me or something... I don't even remember but I pulled back because of my other friends.