PDA

View Full Version : Swablu Or Taillow?!

Jolty-kun
June 26th, 2004, 11:54 AM
So whaddaya think swablu or taillow?, i would have to go for taillow!

Castrainer
June 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Gotta go Swablu ^ ^
Cute, and evolves to a Majestical Cute Dragon: Altaria ^ ^

Suzu
June 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Swablu!!! is alot cuter it evolves into a dragon-type, and it has better moves! :)

Delirium
June 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Swablu, of course!
It's the cutest pkmn and evolves to beautiful dragon altaria!

Jolty-kun
June 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Haha, i wish id of voted 4 swablu!

stewie&rupert
June 26th, 2004, 01:09 PM
swablu bcuz altaria learns dragon dance

PichuSecretBase
June 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I feel so controversed. I like Tailow becaise Swellow is so strong but for cute Swablue wins but my vote is for Tailow and Swellow =3

Frostweaver
June 26th, 2004, 02:24 PM
As the Pokemon strategy forum moderator, of course Taillow ^_^

Altaria's role is usually replacable by someone else. If it's one with dragon dance, Salamence can use the same moveset and do it a lot better. If it's a special sweeper, then quite sure that many other things in the world, or even Dragonite, can use the same moveset again and do a better job with it. Its stats are very rounded out, but in the world of RS where there's EV, it's not so great...

Swellow on the other hand, is irreplacable. No one else can use the exact same moveset of Swellow better than Swellow itself.

Kairi
June 26th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Errm Taillow just looks and sounds kinda mean, so Ill go with Swablu I suppose. o.o; Power to the mainstream! XD;

nomed666
June 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
i would go for swablu because he evovles into one of my faviorte pokemon, altaria.

Frostweaver
June 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Wha...? Swablu is just a flying blue cotton candy-like creature though... Swellow > Altaria/Swablu in coolness AND cuteness! The game-sprite does make Swellow kinda ugly, but the episode picture! O.o;

*holds up signs to support Swellow*

Iveechan
June 26th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I normally dislike Pokemon with little beady eyes and simplified looks. But I like those dex entries of Swablu. I mean... imagine you were sitting in the park and reading book, and suddenly this little bird casually perches on your head and looks over what you're reading. THAT'S SO CUTE! Taillow is strong and nice and feral looking at all, but it's just another common bird. Swablu is interesting by being a cloud avian.

Mew13
June 26th, 2004, 06:00 PM
SWABLU!! I actualy like Altaria more.....

MiNuN*
June 26th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I'd prefer Swablu, Altaria is stronger than Swellow under my opinion, don't take it as a fact.

Eliana
June 26th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Well i like each for separate reasons :)

Frostweaver
June 26th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Right... and Swallows are common birds in comparison to flying buffballs (who look like cotton candy) that land on top of your head in a park... o.o; Though I do remember something about Swablu cleaning everything up (which, is a nice characteristic to have).

I have never caught a Swablu or a Taillow, and have no idea what the dex says about them though... and being a weird person that I am, I'll be mega annoyed at something looking over my shoulder to see what I'm doing/reading. >_>;

Iveechan
June 26th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, I also hate having someone look over my shoulder, but when it's a little bird, I can let that slip by ^_^. All I remember of one of Taillow's dexes is that it eats Wurmple and cries when it falls out of the nest. Or something like that. Swellow is SO cool looking in the anime.

Frostweaver
June 26th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Swellow is indeed a LOT better looking than the terrible game sprite... that anime picture on serebii.net wins my vote in a contest of Altaria vs Swellow (including its preevolution too).

Hmm... Taillow's dex says taht it eats Wurmple? Ok that's it Taillow's sp.atk needs to be something in 70, or higher than Pidgeot's... Pidgeot sounds so stupid to skim through the surface of the water to eat Magikarp, a Pokemon that's just scales and bones XD *loses even more respect for the overrated Pidgeot*

Castrainer
June 26th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Frosty looks at lots of details O_________o
Vodoo on Swellow XD
I dunno why I dun like Swellow... No offense, but It never helped meh in Ruby ~__________~

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 27th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Awww... poor Taillow! He's losing ;_; You mean people! ;)

I'd have to go for Taillow, he rocks ^////^ *Huggles my Taillow Tatti*
I've always liked him more than Swablu, i dunno he's just more original and kawaii IMO. I suppose its also because Taillow is based on a 'Swallow' and i love those birds, they are really graceful.

My Swellow won the Pokemon Leauge for me on Ruby, she was real strong. Taillows a cheeky lil' bird =D Love him to bits. *Points to favourite Pokemon list*

Mudkip84
June 28th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Swablu-
Strong
Cut
Cool!!
I Caught mine on Route 115 as soon as got surf!!
(Surf left then up)
Evolves into altaria!

Altaria-
Cool
Strong
Catchable on Sky Pillar
Learns Perish dance

Tailow-
Uh...
Catchable on that Jigglypuff island thing on route 115
Swellow-
Can be caught wild
And the winner of judging s...
Swablu

Shana
June 28th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I like Swablu better because he evolves into Altaria, who is powerful and cool.

Porygon
June 28th, 2004, 06:33 AM
I don't like Swablu, but that Dragon evolution yay!

Besides, I've had it in for Taillow since I started playing the game

Eh. What do ya know. This poll closes on the day my Bro leaves for some Cadet thing in B.C

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 28th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I can't pick. I like the fact that Taillow is really tough, and has great attack power. I like Swablu, since it's fluffy and cute. It looks different than most birds. I don't really like the second stages though. I like Altaria (only if it was on my team, I hate it when I'm fighting one!), but only a bit. I don 't really like Swellow. Whatever happened to the birds with 3 stages of evolution?

Sparks_67
June 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Swblu cause when it evolves into altaria it learns cool moves and only has to weakness ice and dragon.

Charmander's Flame
June 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Swablu!! Dragon-type evolutions rock!! Thats the most femine one ever!!

parallelzero
June 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Taillow all the way! all swablu does to me is make me hungry for cotton candy! taillow on the other hand is a lot cooler, learns better moves, and it doesnt remind me of any kind of food! Yup that's me, Im in a wierd mood today!

silverstar
June 29th, 2004, 01:41 AM
swablu...because it's cute and when it evolves to Altaria,it has become more powerful