PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Presidential Campaign

Red1530
November 9th, 2007, 11:12 AM
What candidate do you support to win the White House.

Barack Obama
Bill Richardson
Chris Dodd
Dennis Kucinich
Duncan Hunter
Fred Thompson
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
John Edwards
John McCain
Mike Gravel
Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney
Ron Paul
Rudy Giuliani
Tom TancredoI personally support John McCain for President.

Nacon
November 9th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'm a fan of Giuliani.... and he's got his mind and heart in the right places, too.

I'm NOT a fan of Hilary Clinton, and so far, Barack Obama looks like a disappointment.

Merzbau
November 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Dennis Kucinich is the only one that is ideal for me (if you don't know him, look him and his positions up, they're quite astounding). If anyone from the Democrats is gonna win, it's gonna be Clinton or Obama but they're not perfect to me.

As a queer citizen, Clinton and Obama's viewpoints on the legalization of same-sex marriage are way too weak for my tastes. Both support the separate-but-equal civil unions, but not marriages, and would leave it up to the states to decide (Hm, does that first one sound familiar? And the second one, does that sound slightly like a slavery in the territories issue to you?).

All I gotta say, is the new person better be a Democrat and needs to do better than the current oaf we call the big man.

Ausaudriel
November 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
A quick message before this thread gets too involved.. just be sure to keep it civil while discussing this. Subjects like this can get very heated very easily, and I don't want it to get so spicy that the thread gets closed and warnings get handed out.

I'm not saying to bite your tongue and not express your differing opinions, I'm just saying don't take it too personally. Respect each others' opinions, yada yada. :/

(As for me, I'm really out of it this year, I have no idea who any of the candidates are... XD)

latioslegends
November 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I don't really care who is president, as long as that madman Bush is out of offeice (this country is full of idiots to relect him!)

Jordan
November 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Steven Colbert, and I am not joking either.

Jordan.

latioslegends
November 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Steven Colbert, and I am not joking either.

Jordan.

Woot Colbert forever ^_^ Man he is hilarious.

Jack O'Neill
November 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Stephen Colbert dropped his bid for the presidency, and so shall you drop your hopes of him ever attaining that office.

If I were a Republican, Rudolph Giuliani would be my first and only choice. Fred Thompson, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and the others simply wouldn't stand a chance.

If I were a Democrat, I'd go for Hillary Rodham Clinton. While Barack Obama is a good politician in theory, his greatest weakness is his relative lack of experience.

Jordan
November 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Stephen Colbert dropped his bid for the presidency, and so shall you drop your hopes of him ever attaining that office.

Curse the South Carolina Democratic Executive Council. Thought he only dropped from the Republican party.

Jordan.

Kylie-chan
November 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
To be honest, I don't care as much as I used to about the candidate that gets in so much as what they do. I pretty much agree with Kucinich; I don't really get US politics, though, and I'm personally of the opinion no politician will do what's best for the country AND get elected. It seems more a matter of trying to appeal to the fundies while not appearing prejudiced to everyone else. D: I think the vote is very important though. [Here it's compulsory, y'know.]

I should probably care more, considering we're pretty much tied with a leash to the US [although I highly doubt the US would follow us straight into war ;/ so much for traditional ties], but I haven't seen enough 'unbiased' stuff to really make an informed opinion.

pm_41
November 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I choose "Other".

And by "Other", I mean Al Gore.