PDA

View Full Version : Your 'Deadly Sin'?

Chuchino
November 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
This has been on my mind for a while, so I figured I'd make a poll out of it. (I'm sorry if this has been done before!)

Lust - Excessive desire for pleasure.
Gluttony - Over indulgence to the point of waste.
Greed - Scavenging and hoarding of materials.
Sloth - Unwillingness to act and care.
Wrath - Uncontrolled feelings of anger or hatred.
Envy - Jealousy of material goods, especially those belonging to others.
Pride - The desire to be more important than others and excessive self love.

While these are described to the extreme, the basic idea is obvious. I myself definitely fall into the "Sloth" and "Wrath" category. A lot of the time, I find myself utterly lazy in the face of work, and I'm a huge procrastinator.

More than anything else, I have a horrible, horrible tendency to snap at the slightest thing. I'm easily annoyed, and I'm quick to judge other people. And I'm not proud of either.

So tell me, which is your Deadly Sin? Which do you think people generally fall into?

And I'm sorry, I couldn't find a way to make this a proper poll.

Ausaudriel
November 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I think I'd be Lust, definitely. (I've even used the username "Lust" on other forums. XD)

I've actually thought about this a lot, and.. lust definitely fits me the most.

Again though, I think this is one of those things that's better to ask other people about. That is, ask somebody who knows you really well which one is the most "you."

Chuchino
November 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I think you're right, it'd probably be more accurate. xDD I do want to see what people think of themselves, though. They may think they're biggest problem is their temper, while someone they know thinks they have a huge ego.

Thanks for mentioning that, though D:

Spaekle Oddberry
November 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Hmm, a combination of Wrath, Pride, Sloth, and maybe Lust. I can be a pretty hateful person, I hate stupid people and like to think I'm better than them, I can't bring myself to care about many things (and I'm pretty lazy), and I can be perverted at times too, but not as much as a lot of people.

I usually get wrath when I take the quizzes that tell you which you are.

Waffle-San
November 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Maybe Gluttony, but Pride and lust probabley fit the best. Except the need to be better than everybody, that's kinda of pointless.

It'd be more interesting to see what other people thought though.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Gluttony and Lust sounds the best to fit in my catagory.

But soon (hopefully), I can take Gluttony off the list.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
November 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Greed, for sure. And envy, to a lesser extent.

I want things. Lots of things. xD

Sammi
November 9th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I can confidently say sloth fits me the best. There's so much I should've done but I just can't get motivated to do it. I'd rather distract myself with other things. :/ I can't even see myself as any of the others. I guess I'll have to ask friends about those. XD

EDIT: Oh! Envy would fit too. D8 I can get envious of people if I really want it. Then I get bitter and it's not very happy.

Amoeba
November 10th, 2007, 01:28 AM
If the definition for greed is what is there, I fall under that category - I hoard money (for emergencies - eg if my bank account had ever had the money stolen out of it). But I'm always willing to share with those who need it.

Wrath - I'm not sure that is the correct definition, I thought wrath meant violent revenge, but if not, then yes I do feel uncontrollable anger at times.

Wish
November 10th, 2007, 04:54 AM
I fall into the mix of Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, and Lust.

Wow, I'm really bad xD. I hope I get gluttony off the list soon ^^

Natalie♥
November 10th, 2007, 05:33 AM
I'm a mix of lust and wrath. I have a very bad temper and a habit of flirting with guys.

Nuke
November 10th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Lust.

But thast only becuase I'm definately not the others not becuase I'm definately Lust.

Pikabloo
November 10th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Oh, I'm definitely Sloth. Almost everyone who knows me knows that I can never be bothered to do anything (whether it be work-related, or not).

~Dai-kun~
November 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Barely, and I mean barely..Envy thats about it. Though my life plays out like a manga/anime. I'm good.

Lady Nicole
November 10th, 2007, 07:24 AM
I think I can be a combination of all of those apart from envy and pride. It depends on my mood. Mostly lust and greed though =P

Lumine
November 10th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I'm what you might consider a pleasing and gratifying combination of Greed, Lust and Pride.

EDIT: I forgot Envy D:

Jordan
November 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM
All these exist in the hearts of all humans...at some point or time.

As for me, the 3 most important are Lust, Envy, and Pride (mostly the latter 2). I seriously get jealous to see someone who is smarter than I.

Jordan.

Lady Nicole
November 10th, 2007, 08:18 AM
All these exist in the hearts of all humans...at some point or time.

As for me, the 3 most important are Lust, Envy, and Pride (mostly the latter 2). I seriously get jealous to see someone who is smarter than I.

Jordan.

Lol I actually get really pleased when I find someone smarter or better than me in any way. I dunno why...:\

Rebellious Treecko
November 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure lust, (lust for popularity), envy, and pride fit me best. :(

I dream of becoming a famous webmaster, even though I'm too lazy to make a site yet. I've also had occasional dreams of world conquest.
And I admit I get jealous very easily, even on the internet.

Chibi-chan
November 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I think I'm one prone to envy. If I get envious of something or someone, it just ruins my entire day completely cause that's all I think of, and not only does it corrode my thoughts on that person or thing, I get bitter towards my friends too. It's a horrible feeling D:

TwilightBlade
November 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Umm.. Envy, Wrath, and Pride I guess... :U

I'm sorta jealous over anyone that has something that I don't have but I grudge and seek revenge if they wave their junk in my face. That's when wrath sparks up hehe scary since I'm wild when turned the wrong way. As for the pride, I don't love myself a lot but I do wish others would love me and see me in my real light.

Warheart
November 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Haha..lust. Like, not always sex..just usually <_<

xD I fall mostly to envy and pride. There are times when I'll get all pissed about something that I might not be the best at, although I can usually just accept when someone is better than me. Like everyone else, Yeah, I sometimes get jelous if I see someone else with something I want =/

Nacon
November 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Lust - I am a Latino.. gotta rock the latin-charm!
Gluttony - I like food
Greed - I'm a broke college kid, each coin counts..
Sloth - I play pokemon
Wrath - get me angry, feel my wrath... (it takes a lot to get me there)
Envy - "you won the lotto" I ENVY YOU!
Pride - I am a confident person, and if someone tries to flaunt that they're better than me, I make them feel lowly... I'm great at breaking the EGO of an egotist.

oh yea, and my favorite sin... That I care.

Himawarii
November 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Mostly Wrath and Lust,but I can have any of the listed depending on my situation .3.;

Astinus
November 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Definitely sloth and pride fit me. I can't be bothered to do anything, and I really don't care about the fact that I do have everything to do, and don't want to do it. With pride, I want to be the best everything I can, and am rather arrogant in real life.

Hinamori_Momo
November 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Lust and Wrath are best for me. I'm always looking for something that can make me happy, and can get angered pretty easily.

Kyoko
November 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I'm going to have to go with Envy, that one fits me the most out of all of those. I do tend to get envious quite a bit when people have what I want D: But that's kind of natural I think.

Kylie-chan
November 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm a strong mixture of pride and lust, I think. Non-traditionally, envy -- but my jealousy is more centred on the attention other people get from others [I'm needy and possessive], which comes under the other two more when it comes to non-material things, I think. Granted, living in a consumerist sort of civilisation, I think we all suffer at least a slight bit of envy sometimes.

ETA: Actually, let me be honest -- I'm slothlike, too. |: I don't work as hard as I should. But I don't think many people here do!

Hakeen
November 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Pride and envy mainly. And sloth.

Actually mainly pride. I want to be the most important person in the world. Not like I ever will be though.

diamondpearl876
November 10th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Sloth, wrath, and envy would be the best "deadly sins" for me.

_Prince_
November 11th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Lets see ...probably mixuture of envy, pride and wrath. Yeah I can't control my anger sometimes, I get jealous of people who have something I don't and I always want to do better than other people.

Snivi
November 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Probably Lust and Envy mostly for me.

Ariel
November 12th, 2007, 04:51 AM
I'd say I have four of seven Sins:
Lust, Wrath, Envy & Sloth.

I DO have a temper when things start getting at me, and I DO get jealous of other people, especially when I feel inferior. But I don't want to be better than everyone, I just want to be seen and respected like an equal. I'm also very lazy at things that don't appeal to me, which happens to be a lot of things. =\ Lust...well, I don't go around getting pleasure from every decent looking person I see, but I do make a habit of doing...um..."lustful" things at times with people I really like.

Alter Ego
November 12th, 2007, 05:19 AM
A couple of years back it would have been wrath, hands down. It has mellowed towards sloth, though, so sloth would be my main sin. I can be incredibly lazy and unproductive, even about things that I technically want to get done. (like fanfiction =O) Second would probably be pride, it's not like I have a compulsive need to be the best at everything, but when it comes to things I feel I'm good at, I can get kind of arrogant at times and I can have trouble admitting that I'm wrong. xP After that...probably envy since that sort of goes hand in hand with pride. Like Jordan said, everyone has a bit of each in them, though. My least dominant one would probably be gluttony; I've just never really seen the fun of excessiveness.

22sa
November 12th, 2007, 05:20 AM
1. Sloth [forgot to vote] - "Why the helll do I have to do this, any of this?"
2. Lust ... well not as much as when I was younger, but it still suits my interests.
3. Wrath - Who doesn't grow a killing intention after watching Bleach and being put through 3000 hours of paperwork.
4. Envy - [forgot to vote] Hand over Muade, Ullion.... all your bijins are belong to me. >=D

PLatinumUser
November 12th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Lemme guess you watch Full metal Alchemist lol ?

I would have to pick everything TBH i do and want it all lol :P execpt pride

Cherrim
November 12th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Pride, envy, or sloth for me. I've got a huge ego, I love material possessions, and I'm very lazy, to the point of not doing anything in some cases. @_@

flamehaze94
November 12th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'd say Sloth. I'm so lazy I don't want to finish this sen............. >.<

RYOUKI
November 13th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Envy, I mean i always get jealous on other people having a talent, good stuffs, whatever. though I don't make a grudge out of it.

Jubilation
November 13th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I have so much lust <3. I love feeling good anytime

Memory
November 13th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Eh, probably lust and envy. But not so much envy.
But hey, it's human nature, aye? 8D