PDA

View Full Version : Where do you work?

Empleonster
November 13th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, so, where do you work? (This is mainly targeted to the older people here) I work at a GameStop. I'm pretty young so, i don't have a major job or anything.

Memory
November 13th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I don't really work anywhere, but occasionally I volunteer at a local animal shelter.

Blake55
November 13th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I made a thread just like this not long ago but anyway i dont work anywhere yet not old enough.

Empleonster
November 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I want to find a new job, just cant find any, it's annoying searching...

Gunn
November 13th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I usually work during my summer vacation. So as of now ... unemployed. I think next year I'll work at the local police department.

Nacon
November 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, so, where do you work? (This is mainly targeted to the older people here) I work at a GameStop. I'm pretty young so, i don't have a major job or anything.

Gamestop's a fun place, especially when you're young... considering the benefits.. lol...

I have a semester long seasonal job every school semester.... I'm basically in politics... rofl.... believe that?

Jordan
November 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Belongs in OVP? Well, currently I am unemployed (see age), hopefully I can get a job somewhere next summer working for spare change (a little more than that, but you can see my point.)

Jordan.

KingofAnime
November 13th, 2007, 08:26 PM
THey let 14 year olds work at GameStop? roffles

I did work at Red Lobster until last week, when I quit. (No, I gave my 2 weeks notice, mind you. :/)

The restaurant business sucks, never go into it. Too much unnecessary stress.

Kura
November 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I want to work at Pixar or Disney~
I'm currenly taking animation at Sheridan.. soo.. with luck, when the studios come to visit, maybe they'll see something in my work that's hireable~~

:/ For now I'm unemployed, cause I'm doing school.. but I wanna do some art commissions or do some sort of coop animation stuff.

Snivi
November 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Technical Rep in a call center. People think they will die without TV! XD

Gerri Shin
November 13th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I guess if I had to say my actual job, I would have to say that I work at a lcal grocery store, however as stated in My profile here I am a Certified Adobe Hotoshop CS3 expert and am currently trying to get into some place that would alow me to share some of the basics of Photo restoration, organizing (the digital aspect), as well as how to create awesome graphics for business presentations. I also do a little freelance collage-making and album making (like for cermonies, though I need to work on my Photography a little more)

Gunn
November 13th, 2007, 09:55 PM
:/ For now I'm unemployed, cause I'm doing school.. but I wanna do some art commissions or do some sort of coop animation stuff.

Ohoo, you sound like a starving artist. Or do you mean otherwise, as in, be the payer? Just concerned.

Jonathan Paskiewicz
November 14th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I work in Shipwreck, Sea World.

Scytheteen
November 14th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I'm a little young, but nontheless, this quainte little cafe in the middle of town hired me to be a busboy. I make leik, zero dollars and 1 cents

Tangerine Fox
November 14th, 2007, 03:14 PM
EVERYWHERE. Actually, no.

I volunteer as a crew member at my local theatre and I've gotten some paying jobs there with touring groups needing extra hands when they stop by, but it's mostly unpaid work. (Thus the volunteering.)

I freelance write and edit, as well as work for my local paper. On the writing thing, I'm co-ML for my area during NaNo, but again, no monies in that.

Finally, the most normal of my jobs is a fill-in office assistant at a construction office. I usually only go into work when things are busy/understaffed/etc., but winter is a busy season for the business. I answer calls, take and schedule sales leads, file things, clean the offices, take inventory, find/give directions to sales reps, make purchase orders, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also unofficial tech help, since my mom is the one in charge the IT. Fun times. =p

I want a steady job, but I have no time for it. ^^;

Kura
November 14th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Ohoo, you sound like a starving artist. Or do you mean otherwise, as in, be the payer? Just concerned.

Haha, naah, I just started college X3 I had a job back in the summer, but it was hard to focus on both~
@@ My program at school is tough~

Hinamori_Momo
November 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I work at a GameStop and also have a waitressing job. I got a raise on my first day of waitressing too. Weird. Apparenty, my superior (Almost everyone working there was) liked how I did my job. My 14-year-old brother works minimum wage at GameStop as well.

Iceman3k
November 14th, 2007, 08:49 PM
McDonald's, Shift Manager. I'm in Charge of Sunday Night, Monday Lunch, and Tuesday Night.

Yeah, I know, you're all thinking I'm boring, eh?

Erimgard
November 14th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I've been unemployed for a few weeks now
I worked at an ice cream parlor/burger place
they close for the winter every year though

Amoeba
November 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM
I've been unemployed for 2 years now (well... 2 years since I left high school). I've never had a job. I've searched very vigourously, I've applied to almost everywhere (I say almost because there might be some places I've not discovered yet), multiple times (so most employers in the city will have seen my application more than 5 times at least). I've never had so much as an interview. I ONCE had a letter to say I wasn't going to be accepted for a job. ONCE.

So, where am I working? Nowhere. And I find it all very VERY strange that no employers want me to work for them. I even have far more qualifications than some of the idiots they take on. But how am I to get experience?

Even volunteer places are like "Uh, no we don't need anyone just now thanks bye". What is there a shortage of volunteer work placements? O_o Not to mention I'd have to travel miles anyway... *cries*

I want a job.

I WANT A JOB!

And so many other people get them so easy in comparison.... Why? What's the secret? Share?

Arcanine
November 16th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I work with my dad (he's a home inspector, for you that don't know, people buying a home pays him to go tell them what's wrong with it), he had his own business so I work with him. I get paid, and sadly I can't save my money (I always spend it on this and that). XD

Niwa
November 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Currently working at Universal Studios, was planning on quitting last not that long ago but as soon as they handed me my paycheck I had to reconsider. I cant say my job is boring, since all I basically have to do is monitor games, which I can play as well lol.

President Showaddywaddy
November 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I don't have a major job yet (It's a couple of paper rounds a night), but I've got work experience next may. One week stuck in t'back of my local Co op working for nothing. And it's a requirement, even though I want to be a doctor, and I'll never get a hospital placement.

Loyal Arcanine
November 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm a desk clerk in the ER in the hospital in my town. It's a pretty cool job, I do that twice a week next to my study. It pays really good as well, but the 8-hour shifts can sometimes be pretty long when you've also been to college already that day.

Jester Girl
November 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I don't have a job, I'm currently only 14, but if I did I think I'd start out at a game store too.

txteclipse
November 17th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I work in Shipwreck, Sea World.

No way. I work at Sea World as well. Except I work the employee cafes.

Jester Girl
November 17th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Ironic.

I'd love to work there.

Lady Nicole
November 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM
No way. I work at Sea World as well. Except I work the employee cafes.

I know, he's a chef! How cool is that?

I get paid for playing the piano at functions such as parties, restaurants etc. I get paid a lot so I don't bother doing it that often =P Some times of the year are busier and better than others; I got paid a bomb for playing at a restaurant on Valentine's day last year.

sims796
November 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Me? At Applebee's. Just something to do until I leave for school in December.

Azonic
November 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I don't have a job cuz im twelve <.<;