PDA

View Full Version : Never Met Your...?

Nuke
November 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Have any of you never met your parents/grandparents etc.

I have never met any of my grandparents.

Grandfathers - 1 Dead. Not sure about other.
Grandmothers - 1 Dead. Other hasnt really spoke to my Mother since way before I was born.

:(

So how about any of you guys?

Lady Nicole
November 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I've never met either of my grandfathers because they both died before I was born.

I've never met my half bros & sis. They live in some other country anyway, can't remember where.

The Fallen
November 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I haven't met anyone on my dads side. There are aunts, uncles, and cousins I have never even seen before.

Nuke
November 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Wasn't expecting many people not to know relatives.

Feel sorry for all of you.

シーツー
November 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I've never met either of my grandfathers because they both died before I was born.
Same here.
And I only got to know one of my grandmothers, the other one died when my mom was only 5.
But I don't think it's that sad. I can live without my grandparents.
Parents are more important, I think^^

Oni Link
November 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Never met one of my Grandfathers, and not a word of him has ever been spoken. ".

Firebird306
November 14th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I don't remember seeing my Dad's side of the family, but my Dad hates them anyway so we never speak to them/see them. The last time we saw them I was like 3 so I don't remember ever meeting them.

Nacon
November 14th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Have any of you never met your parents/grandparents etc.

I have never met any of my grandparents.

Grandfathers - 1 Dead. Not sure about other.
Grandmothers - 1 Dead. Other hasnt really spoke to my Mother since way before I was born.

:(

So how about any of you guys?

I never met my mother's father... as she never knew him when she was growing up..

I've heard how he was a big musical celebrity down in Colombia back in the day...

Allstories
November 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
All of my grandparents are still alive and still on good terms with my respective parents, so I've met them all and see them relatively frequently.

Chibi-chan
November 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I've never met my grandfather on my mother's side. Neither has my mother.
He's probably dead though...meh. :\

Sammi
November 14th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I feel a little lucky in that I've met almost all my grandparents except my stepdad's father, who died a long time ago. ._.; I even have a great-grandmother alive at the moment, which is pretty shocking; she's the only great-grandparent I've met.

Midnight Beat
November 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I know all of my grandparents except my grandfather on my mom's side. He died before I was born.

Azonic
November 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
My mom's side all died and my dad's side is in another country. D: so no,

Astinus
November 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
One of my grandfathers died before I was born. And now, I never talk to the extended family, so it's like they don't exist. I don't mind it though. My grandparents that are still living don't like me, and my parents hate the rest of the living relatives, so it's all good.

ss2 goku
November 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I've seen my grandmother, but I never seen my granddad.

Cherrim
November 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
My dad's dad died before I was born, and one of his brothers did too. So obviously I've never met either of them, but I met my... step-grandfather, I suppose he would be called? :| My dad's mother remarried.

Anyway, yeah, other than that I've met most of my family. I've apparently met about all of my second cousins at least once. There was a family reunion this summer for my dad's side and for my mom's, her family's really close so we end up seeing them a lot. @_@

Scytheteen
November 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I've never met my mom's mom. Apparentely, I did meet her dad when I was leik...2, but I don't remember him.

Forest Grovyle
November 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
One of my grandfathers died before I was born. My middle name is taken from his name. :)

--FG

Natalie♥
November 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Grandfathers- 1 dead, and the other I've only seen twice.
Grandmothers- both alive and I see both a lot.

Shiny Umbreon
November 14th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I'm lucky to have my four grandparents alive until now.

This may sound strange to you, but I think it's easier not to know them. Otherwise, you feel sad and everything when you they have to pass away. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to know them. They're great people. It's just that sadness is much easier to get if you're happy. That's just my thought, not sure if the rest agrees.

Hikari Takahashi
November 14th, 2007, 04:05 PM
My grandfathers on both my parents' sides, as well as my half-sister on my dad's side. She'd be in her mid-late twenties by now, so I'd be rather weary about meeting her, truth be told.

Shiraishi
November 14th, 2007, 04:19 PM
My Grandparents are quite young. I'm 14 and they're in their late 60s which is kewl. They play an important part in my life :[ I actually saw my GREAT-grandmother but she passed away :[ She was blind but she saw a pic of me before she went blind :x

Waffle-San
November 14th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'm very lucky it seems. I've met all my grandparents, all my uncles and aunts, all my cousins, and fair amount of my second cousins. (or like my Mom's cousin's kids and them themselves). I've also met 1 Great Grandmother, now desceased. O ya, 3ish sets of great Aunts and Uncles.

I ahe a connected family I guess.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
November 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I'm lucky to have my four grandparents alive until now.

This may sound strange to you, but I think it's easier not to know them. Otherwise, you feel sad and everything when you they have to pass away. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to know them. They're great people. It's just that sadness is much easier to get if you're happy. That's just my thought, not sure if the rest agrees.

I do not agree, that's a really sad philosophy. We humans are not rocks to avoid love in order avoid pain in turn, because one connotes the other always. I'd prefer to love and mourn rather than to never love or pain at all.

That said, I never met my father's father, even though he died when I was three.

Idiot!
November 14th, 2007, 06:55 PM
My father's father and my father do not share the same nationality, and he died before my mother gets to know him. That might mean I have great aunts and uncles and cousins that lived somewhere else in the world and does not know they had relatives here.

But then, I knew my greatgrangmother. She died when I was five. Both my mom's parents are still alive. My father's mother died when I was twelve.

Red1530
November 14th, 2007, 07:21 PM
It sounds like I am in the minority because I have meet both sets of Grandparents although my Grandfather on my Mom's side died a few years ago however. I even meet my late Great Grandmother when I was very young.

Memory
November 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I've never met anyone on my mother's side, but on my father's side, I know my grandmother and I knew my great grandmother. I never knew any of my grandfathers, I think they both died before I was born...

And my mother's been an orphan for years, anyway.

Snivi
November 14th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I have never met my maternal grandfather but my mother never met her dad either.

Ivysaur
November 15th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Well, I never met my mother's father, nor my father (he didn't want to have a child, so he left my mother and I was adopted for my mother's old husband- kinda confusing). Obviously I don't know any of his relatives.

Raffie
November 15th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Like, half om my family lives in Estonia XD
I don't speak Estonian, thou xD
I wanna meet all of them ;/

Shika
November 15th, 2007, 05:25 AM
I haven't seen any of my relatives who live in Mainland China D:

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
November 15th, 2007, 06:34 AM
I've never met my biological father.

Razer302
November 15th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I have never met some of my mums side of the family. They live over 4 hours away so we don't see them.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I have never meant any of my Grandfathers. One is dead for sure and the other one is, well I have no clue

:t354:TG

Marissa♥
November 16th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I never met my grandmother on my father`s side. I`m more close to my mother`s side of the family, honestly. I only met my grandfather on my father`s side like twice when he came here to visit us. It`s sorta wierd. Hopefully in the future I`ll meet them again one day, especially my grandmother.

Ben Kenobi
November 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Three of my grandparents died long before I was born so I only ever knew my maternal grandmother who I was never really attached to. However, I do regret not going to see her at the hospital the last night she was alive.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I've met MOST of my relatives...

Himawarii
November 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I never got a chance to meet either of my great grandfathers or great grandmother on my mother's side,but otherwise,I've met most of my currently living relatives~

Virtual Headache
November 19th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I never met my mother's mother. She died when she was around 30. I wonder what she was like...

Wish
November 19th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I've seen MOST of my reletives, except, some of my Grandmother's sisters, and vice versa. I have never seen most of my cousins yet either.

Soul Eater
November 19th, 2007, 07:59 PM
My grandfather died when i was only a year old so I never knew him and his probably the closest to me as could be.

RYOUKI
November 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I never met my grandfather on my mom's side, I was only a baby when he died. And I never met both of grandparents in my dad's side, I really know just a little thing about my dad's side, so yeah,Oh yeah, and my father's brother, I never met hin because he drown since I don't know when.

KPROFSLS
November 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM
i haven't met my gandfather.

Jubilation
November 20th, 2007, 12:41 AM
I've never met three of my uncles, two of which are dead now & the 3rd is dying slow...

AnimeDDR110
November 20th, 2007, 04:24 AM
yep i met all, and i even met my great grandmother, who died last july.

Lumine
November 20th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I've seen and met every one of them, nuff said

The Real AAA
November 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I have never meet my Grandpa from my moms side cuz he was already dead when I was born :(

TwilightBlade
November 20th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Never met my mom's real family (she was adopted) or her foster parents since they died when she was around 16.

Never met my dad's mom since she died when he was a teen too but I've met his step mom and dad.

Never met my mom's first husband because he was an arse.