• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yahoo! Mail / Hotmail

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Anyone else find it kind of weird that just as GMail is beginning to get more well known, that both Yahoo! and Hotmail decide to upgrade to larger inbox spaces? Yahoo! went up to 100 MB, and IIRC Hotmail is gonna be going up to 250 MB.

I will admit it's nicer than the 2-4 MB that they used to give, but is anyone really going to use all that space? o_O

aRedMoon

Years
They only allow messages up to 10 MB, and you can upload that stuff elesewhere to. =/

Seems useful to me only if someone is a e-mail hog.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
IMO, web bases email is annoying to manage in large or small volumes, but maybe that?s just my bad experience with Yahoo! over a year ago.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
Years
I use Comcast mail and have it in my outlook express =3 *check's email*

But yea it is kind oof intresting but times change =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
the only free online storage I found was still inefficient compare to my need because of school... streamload = annoying and doesn't store that much, and all the other junk cost money. A bigger email is much needed and should have done that a TERRIBLY LONG TIME AGO

aRedMoon

Years
I bet they would've never done it had GMail never shown up. ;;>>

And I prefer web-based, because it stores the stuff online and you can check it whereever, whenever (if you have a net connection).

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
That really doesn?t appeal to me since the only place I?m online is at home, so to each one?s needs I suppose. ^_^;

aRedMoon

Years
Oh... I check my e-mail at school, and when I'm on mini trips and stuff so that's why it appeals to me. ^^;

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
I have SBC Yahoo and I don't have much of a use for 100MB of space. I barely even use up 1MB. If anything they should make attached files load faster.

aRedMoon

Years
Never had AOL, never want to. lol

But GMail is simply Google's way of trying to get into the e-mail world. =/

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Google is trying to become a major company in the IT industry, so thats why they're doing it. Your gonna see a lot more coming soon, as far as I know.
Heh, I would never send a file to someone through E-Mail. It takes them long to download it back. My own upload speed usually exceeds the ones of the webservers, so thats why I use FTP. Screw E-Mail, it's so... out dated now. But who knows where 1 GB E-Mail will go. Remember when humans first created the 1 GB HDD (depends how old you are now, but..) and everyone was soooo amazed and kept saying "It would take someone a decade to fill that up", but now it takes me 1 day to fill 4 GB(thats normal, right?) SO WHO knows where this 1GB E-mail will lead. I know for sure i'l never go near it just as long as it belongs to google.

Back