PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh there be seeds in my fruits

lonewolfx44
November 20th, 2007, 11:17 AM
:( I hate seeds in fruits. They only serve to annoy me when I choke on them or have to spit them out. Oranges FTL and FTW at the same time.

Now, a banana and a mango, those are real fruits. ^^ Well, the black spots on the inner banana are seeds so.....

Lady Nicole
November 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Exactly the reason I buy seedless grapes! Seedless grapes ftw! =P

lilninjapig
November 20th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I hate it when you think you have seedless grapes, and you put it all in your mouth - two seconds later people think you're trying to vomit, as a small lump of chewed grape burts our your mouth, engulfing a small, black seed. *shudders*

Improfane
November 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I eat apple seeds, what's wrong with them? It's not like you'll die from eating a sesame seed on a burger's bun. What about Kiwi? Or strawberries?

My only problem is with peaches and plums. I haven't tried eating those...

Amachi
November 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Eating the seeds of fruits is apparently a good thing. The juices of fruits are acidic (more or less), and the seeds have a basic nature, so consuming them both is supposedly beneficial :P

And besides, without seeds these fruits would have never been able to propagate and spread around the world, nor could they be grown commercially, and hence you wouldn't be able to eat them.

That said, I don't like eating seeds either. Due to the (relatively) high pH in them, they're bitter 8D
My only problem is with peaches and plums. I haven't tried eating those...
That's cause you'll break your teeth fool! XD

lonewolfx44
November 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I read peach pits are poisonous O.o

Jester Girl
November 20th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I quite wonder if anyone has ever attempted suicide by eating numerous seeds in a watermelon.

Kylie-chan
November 20th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Exactly the reason I buy seedless grapes! Seedless grapes ftw! =P

I LOVE seedless grapes! If I eat seed grapes, I try to get the seeds out [because I hate seeds], but I rip the grape to pieces, and they don't even taste as nice anyway. D8

Azonic
November 20th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I hate seeds in any fruit, except when you're supposed to eat the seeds. Seeds get annoying sometimes >:O

wmoor0826
November 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I hate seeds in fruits, I got dared to eat a WHOLE apple in 6th grade, the core, that was the most awful thing I have ever tried to swallow, the seeds aren't anything once you've eaten the core lol.

Gourmet Popcorn
November 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM
That has to be the most annoying thing when I have seeds in my grapes. It is also annoying when it is in any other fruit.

Jester Girl
November 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM
I just take the seeds out, it isn't too inconvenient for me.

Avolition
November 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
I hate seeds in fruits, especially grapes. Aren't apple seeds poisonous too?

Amoeba
November 23rd, 2007, 02:56 AM
I like seeds in fruit. Crunch them down with the rest of the fruit. I find its more filling too.

In response to the above poster, I don't think so, I've eaten enough of them and felt fine.

wmoor0826: Dared? But... what was so daring about eating the core? Most people do, don't they?

Himawarii
November 23rd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Seeds can be pretty annoying~ D; [bad experience with them in oranges]
Sometimes I'm too hungry to even notice them~x3; All I hear is the crunch and the 2 second,dull taste.but otherwise,` Nyehh~

Blastoise
November 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Pomegranate seeds rock. I hate it when I take a bite of a satsuma mandarin slice, and there's a seed in there that's too tiny to detect through the little membrane...bleh.

We have seedless grapes growing in our backyard, so I don't have to worry about seeds in my grapes in the summer!