PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol anybody? How bout you little 5 year olds?

Scytheteen
November 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Okay here goes. What's your stand on under-age drinking. Should little 13 year olds be out drinking beer? Or is it their descision and they should do what they want?

Ausaudriel
November 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
More of a discussion, moving to Other Chat.

Virtual Chatot
November 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
No, of course not :/

Anyone who thinks they should needs to seriously consider what a move would make on our society as a whole -_-

Gerri Shin
November 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM
to be quite honest I'm against underage drinking. not only is it doing heaps more damage, due to the fact that until the age of 20 the Immune system is still building is main "database" of ways to combat illnesses. adding alcohol just bombards the immune system before its ready, and draws its focus away from more serious unpreventable viruses.
having said all of this I can understand how, having a sip or two every now and then could be alright but certainly not anything more.

Erimgard
November 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I believe if other substances such as marijuana they can slow mental process and cause hallucinations, then why should alcohol be legal?
I think it's hypocritical to outlaw some substance and not others.
I personally may have a drink or two when I am of legal age, but I do not think children should be allowed alcohol and I think their needs to be stricter rules regarding consumption as a whole.
But, logically speaking, it should be banned....of course, that's been tried :P

TwilightBlade
November 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Dear God, I hate alcohol. I think it should be banned altogether because alcoholic parents screw my life. <_>;

13 year olds are crazy enough as they are. They don't need to be intoxicated and depressed. If they need to celebrate, bust open the sugar and give the beer to the old dog. :O

Jubilation
November 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Believe me if kids drink they will get drunk, I have been drunk (From wine) once wasn't that nice -_-. I only drunk the wine as I was trying to impress that guy I liked lmao

Amachi
November 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The human liver isn't fully developed till the age of 21 iirc. Feeding children alcohol, or in this case, legalising it, will only have negative results. I'm sure statistics can prove that (I just can't be bothered searching for them XD).

That being said, I hope we can maintain a mature level of discussion here.

Gunn
November 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I have a question of my own: Why is alcohol still here?

Jester Girl
November 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Because it's a depressant and some find it "soothing".

Azonic
November 20th, 2007, 06:21 PM
13 year olds are crazy enough as they are.

you are so lucky that I'm only twelve D<

I'm against underage drinking cuz for wat other ppl said ><; I mean alchohol smells bad enough, it must taste like hell

flight
November 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I've drank alcohol and beer. When I was like, 4 or so.

And I must say..

it must taste like hellBeer, not so much. Alcohol, yes. Burns in your mouth. BURNS I SAY, BURNS.

So underage drinking is a definite no-no.

Well yes, beer sort of tastes like hell...

Jester Girl
November 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Too be truthful, it all tastes like hell. I don't know why I enjoyed it.

Jubilation
November 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I've never tried beer though nor do I

Scytheteen
November 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
As for myself, I don't think kids under the age of 20 should drink. 21 is too long. I think that if adults want to drink, they should be able to, but don't over do it is all else I'm saying.

Plus the apricots made me vote here

Kylie-chan
November 20th, 2007, 06:39 PM
To be honest, I don't like that it's legal for anyone, but look at the Prohibition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution).

I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for a social drink, either.

ETA: Personally, I won't be drinking when I reach legal age, but I respect the [legal -- not underage kids] privilege of other people to drink. I won't call it right, becaue that would be misusing the word.

Scytheteen
November 20th, 2007, 06:41 PM
To be honest, I don't like that it's legal for anyone, but look at the Prohibition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution).

I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for a social drink, either.

ETA: Personally, I won't be drinking when I reach legal age, but I respect the privilege of other people to drink. I won't call it right, becaue that would be misusing the word.

I remember learning about Prohibition. But frivilous laws like that only cause people to smuggle in alcohol. It's like if your parents tell you not to do something, your going to do it non?

Kylie-chan
November 20th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I remember learning about Prohibition. But frivilous laws like that only cause people to smuggle in alcohol. It's like if your parents tell you not to do something, your going to do it non?

Well, that was my point. Humans are rebellious by nature. The Prohibition backfired because people had to find more illegal ways to supply the demand -- expecting humans to completely give up on alcohol is like expecting to sprout organic wings and find the end of a rainbow.

Gunn
November 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Smuggle? So you mean bring it into here from a foreign country? I can't conceive how people will go that far in just the pursuit of alcohol. The future of the next Prohibition has a low opportunity to arise again and that's likely because of its failure before. But the basis of the 18th Amendment still exists. You hear about it all the time: domestic violence, alcohol-related car accidents, and people drunk in public. Overall, crime results. If the banishment of alcoholic beverages was a success, parents don't have to worry so much about their kids resorting to it. Surprisingly, there are parents out there that actually supply these drinks for their teenagers. It's not adolescents that are just being pressured here.

Zet
November 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
underage drinking only causes more idiots in today's society, at the high school I use to go to (just graduated) all the grade 8's thought they were the top poo* with everything and everyone from grade 9-12 felt like smacking them up for thinking they're the top poo*

Amachi says: do not bypass the forum censors, they are there for a reason. In the future find more suitable words to use rather than resorting to cuss words (a thesaurus is useful here).

Nacon
November 20th, 2007, 10:50 PM
growth and hormone balance should be in effect before a kid gets trashed...

I don't feel like seeing puking 8 year olds... the only thing they benefit from drinking is a more cost-effective effect.

txteclipse
November 20th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Alcohol should not exist. It has destroyed too many families and people.

Happy Dude
November 21st, 2007, 02:57 AM
No one Under the age of 18 or 21 (where ever you live >.>) Should ever touch or think about drinking.

I personally think that everybody has such a negative tone on drinking because of what the media has shown (the negative effects) I think it's personally fine to go out once every few nights and have a drink with your friends it is only when you stop thinking and take to much things get bad.

Short Bus Mafia
November 21st, 2007, 03:15 AM
I thought that the age limit for drinking was because your brain isn't fully developed until your around 20?
I've heard that somewhere before.
Anyway.
I don't really like the idea of little kids going around and drinking.
But I drink occasionally.
So I think it's kind of okay if you're old enough to know when to stop and whatnot.
<3

Lumine
November 21st, 2007, 03:23 AM
I don't care about age limits, just gimme any alcoholic drinks now...xD

Jaimes
November 21st, 2007, 04:22 AM
I'm against underage drinking completely. However by 'underage' I'm not referring to the legal age (depending on country), I am quite against under 17s excessively abusing alcohol. Since this is the age that drinking becomes a social norm and your body is more than well enough developed to handle alcohol breakdown when taken responsively.

But seriously though, from reading these comments, I was quite annoyed at the incredibly biased views against alcohol just because you're too young, have never handled it or associated with it yourself appropriately.

"not only is it doing heaps more damage, due to the fact that until the age of 20 the Immune system is still building is main "database" of ways to combat illnesses."
- Firstly thats total rubbish. Immune responses do not take 20 years to build unless your on some sort of vaccination. Natural immunities are usually acquired within the first few years of life. And what's a 'database'?? Genetic information is stored in lymphocytes for long amounts of time. Sorry but that comment is just wrong.
"The human liver isn't fully developed till the age of 21 iirc." That's wrong too (interestingly it's also a myth fed where the legal age IS below 21). In most individuals your liver will be fully developed by the time you are around 16 or 17, after your pubertic growth. It's the presence of enzymes (alcohol dehydrogenase) that is made in the liver, which you should be aware of. People reach their limits, when there is too much alcohol for the enzyme to metabolise, only then will it have a more negative effect.

"I have been drunk (From wine) once wasn't that nice" The words 'once' shine out at me here... Particularly because its from a 13 year old.
"I've drank alcohol and beer. When I was like, 4 or so." Again from a 4 year old experience.. and from a 14 year old. Following on: "Beer, not so much. Alcohol, yes. Burns in your mouth. BURNS I SAY, BURNS." If you drank pure alcohol (ethanol).. You'd probably die.

"I don't think kids under the age of 20 should drink. 21 is too long." Huh? Why a 21 year old and not a 17 year old? Age wise, structurally the bodies are the same. It's because your law has dictated it, that you're agreeing with it.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for a social drink, either." I only drink on social occasions, alcohol when taken responsively can make an individual more relaxed, less shy and more talkative & open. On these occasions, people usually find it easier to communicate and get too know others.
Also alcoholic drinks are a tradition for many cultures, such as Italian, French, Irish and Japanese, as well as others. Because a minority doesn't know where to stop doesn't mean that these ways of life should be altered.
From your age on the side there, it would be fair enough for me to assume that you also haven't had experience with alcoholic substances, but I would like to point out that you should consider the 'pros AND cons' before leaping to a one sided argument.

"underage drinking only causes more idiots in today's society," That's quite an offensive predujice there, also backed up by a rubbish example (which didn't really make much sense, with the bad grammar etc.). Lack of alcohol doesn't make geniuses.

I personally think that everybody has such a negative tone on drinking because of what the media has shown (the negative effects) I think it's personally fine to go out once every few nights and have a drink with your friends it is only when you stop thinking and take to much things get bad.
Honestly.. Best sentence on the entire thread in my opinion, because I share this view. I am strongly against people abusing alcohol (either age-wise or quantity wise), but also feel it necessary to defend it against from extreme statements that are based on the negative aspects towards it, especially by those whom have never experienced it thereselves.

Lady Nicole
November 21st, 2007, 04:23 AM
I don't care about age limits, just gimme any alcoholic drinks now...xD

Oh dear...XD

Like everything else, I think alcohol is OK as long as it's drunk in moderation.

Improfane
November 21st, 2007, 07:27 AM
If you are under 18 you are too dumb to decide if you should drink alcohol or not.

The government should therefore do it for you, by making it illegal.

Binary
November 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM
You should'nt drink alcohol if your under age,
Its stupid and a waste of time. I wonder why people really like that bitter taste of alcohol?

Loyal Arcanine
November 21st, 2007, 07:49 AM
I'm firmly against under age drinking. It's just retarded. Those kids (11, 12, 13 etc.) don't even comprehend what they're doing, what damage they can cause to their own body. And even if they do, at those ages you don't know your limits either. They don't know when to stop, which results in severe intoxication. They drink to be cool, but really, they're not.

As for me, I do drink on social occasions (over here at 16 beer is legal and at 18 stronger drinks as well). I drank stronger things before I was actually 18, but I was 17 then which really isn't much of a difference. I drink for the reasons jwilso72 mentioned; it can make an individual more relaxed, less shy and more talkative & open. Which I like, since I'm usually a pretty introvert person and this just makes it a little easier to talk to and get to know people. My point is that during puberty and certainly before that kids should be protected from drinking alcohol for their own sake.

As for the stuff I've seen around here about immune systems, brains and livers that aren't totally developed until you're 20, well like jwilso72 said, that is total rubbish.

President Showaddywaddy
November 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM
In England you are allowed to drink any kind of alcohol from the age of five. You can even drink it in a pub(not the bar), as long as it was procured by an adult

Nacon
November 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM
Oh dear...XD

Like everything else, I think alcohol is OK as long as it's drunk in moderation.

yea.... like you said.. as long as you're drunk in moderation

:P

Short Bus Mafia
November 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
You should'nt drink alcohol if your under age,
Its stupid and a waste of time. I wonder why people really like that bitter taste of alcohol?

After you get used to it, it's not so bitter.
I kind of like the warm feeling that you get in your stomach from hard liquor.
Which is all I drink, honestly.
Beer ftl.

Nacon
November 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Beer ftl.

yea... true true.

Beer is an acquired taste, I don't know many people that enjoyed most beers the first time through. And not all beer is bitter... there are some that just simply taste divine...

and liquor... mmmm....... Goldschlager is so warm and fuzzy.

Scytheteen
November 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
An aquired taste? I think if I tasted beer I'd throw up and never drink it again...although margaritas and those tropical drinks taste pretty good. xP

AnimeDDR110
November 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM
No one should ever drink. even though it was an amendment and then repealaed because of even more problems, i think people would understand better now. so, no one should be able too drink.

Short Bus Mafia
November 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
yea... true true.

Beer is an acquired taste, I don't know many people that enjoyed most beers the first time through. And not all beer is bitter... there are some that just simply taste divine...

and liquor... mmmm....... Goldschlager is so warm and fuzzy.

I'm partial to tequila rose, myself.

lonewolfx44
November 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM
I move to reinstate Prohibition kthx. I voted for option 3.

Crystal Clair
November 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
I wrote an article about underage drinking. I say 13 year olds could taste just a little alcohol but I think the drinking age should be lowered so young adults can learn to drink properly.

Jester Girl
November 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
I thought that the age limit for drinking was because your brain isn't fully developed until your around 20?
I've heard that somewhere before.
Anyway.
I don't really like the idea of little kids going around and drinking.
But I drink occasionally.
So I think it's kind of okay if you're old enough to know when to stop and whatnot.
<3

You're brain stops developing at age 4.

Beer ftl.

I've been drinking since I was 12 and I'm not fond of it at all, it's distasteful. People only say it tastes good because of addiction, and it makes them "feel cool".

To be fair, it's just ruining your body. Drinking is a powerful drug, and just because it's legal doesn't make it "alright". It's terrible, I've seen liquor infested livers.

My grandpa has liver cancer from it, too.

I wrote an article about underage drinking. I say 13 year olds could taste just a little alcohol but I think the drinking age should be lowered so young adults can learn to drink properly.

Just "a little" of the taste can get any one addicted, it matters on their body system. So, they shouldn't have any.

yea.... like you said.. as long as you're drunk in moderation

:P

And I'm sure since some one is moderating you you won't ruin your body?

Gerri Shin
November 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM
You're brain stops developing at age 4.

Actually scientific research has concluded that the Occipital lobe of the brain is Not fully developed until at least 24. The occipital lobe is the center of the brain for Logic and Reasoning. So, in efect, we could say that at the age of 12 the Occipital lobe is only half developed, so reasoning isn't that great, adding alcohol just tips the scales in the favor of not so pleasing things.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 22nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
No, not until they're old enough.

Archer
November 23rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well the problem is younger people getting smashed. If people can drink in moderation, then it should be fine, but we have people that are irresponsible and don't seem to know what enough is.
For Example, some people at my school (that i do not associate with) are having a party this weekend where they plan to get very drunk(14-15 yrs old). One of my friends got invited and was not sure whether to drink or not. My friends and I convinced him not to have more than one beer. This shows that people can be responsible but many others are not.

~If petrol fumes are toxic, then why do we have cars?
~If wireless signals and mobile phones are said to conribute to cancer, then why don't we get rid of them too?
~Small amounts of these don't hurt people.
~The difference between Alcohol and other drugs is that it is not as likely to hurt you if you have it once.
~People have the choice to drink, some do, some don't. If they want to damage their bodies, then let them.
~I believe the goverments should make an advertising campaign on the effects of exessive underage drinking. (The Australian Government has done a similar thing with drugs and it seems to be successful)
~Resposible teens should be able to drink a small amount, but not under 13.

Virtual Chatot
November 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Lets look at it when certain States in America started becoming dry a few hundred years back. Moonshiners and Bootleggers just smuggled and brewed without anyone knowing it...

The times are not so different if you start to think about it :3

~If petrol fumes are toxic, then why do we have cars? We won't when the world goes Solar >_>
~If wireless signals and mobile phones are said to conribute to cancer, then why don't we get rid of them too? That's still just a theory, you have just as much chance getting cancer from a wireless signal than you do from a Turkey sandwich
~Small amounts of these don't hurt people. The Problem is, you start out with small amounts, but then you start drinking more and more
~The difference between Alcohol and other drugs is that it is not as likely to hurt you if you have it once. People almost never drink it once, they think they can handle more
~People have the choice to drink, some do, some don't. If they want to damage their bodies, then let them. So why don't we just shoot them in the head and cut out the middle man?
~I believe the goverments should make an advertising campaign on the effects of exessive underage drinking. (The Australian Government has done a similar thing with drugs and it seems to be successful) A lot of governments are, but that's not going to stop someone from taking a sip -_-
~Resposible teens should be able to drink a small amount, but not under 13. Most Teenagers are irresponsible and lazy...all we want to do is sleep and get through High School...

Amoeba
November 24th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I'll read the thread through after. I'm just going to add my opinion just now...

As much as I am against alcohol as a whole, it is always going to be consumed by young and old. As much as I don't think it is of any good for a child to be drinking alcohol, I am of support of teaching the more curious children how to drink sensibly.

Where I'm from, alcohol is a huge issue, mainly because a lot of people (not all, but many) don't know how to drink sensibly. If they knew when to actually stop, not only would they not be making a complete fool of themselves but they wouldn't be disrupting the lives of others.

From what I have observed, and I have nothing to back this up - only personal observation and experience - is that the binge-drinking tradition begins in childhood. Again, not for all people, but a lot of schoolkids regularly get wasted on drink (this may vary area to area but that's what its like over here). Is it seen as cool and grown up to them? I don't know, but the parents don't set a very good example, doing much the same, so where do you think they get it from?

Education and moderation by example can be far more beneficial to a child who is tempted enough to try drink than witholding it from them completely.

I say this because, frankly, I don't think it is possible to withold aclohol from children. Of course not all children will want to try alcohol, but if they do, they find a way to get their hands on it if they want it bad enough, even I managed this when I was in school. The first time I had alcohol was in the presence of aquaintances from school, getting horrifficly drunk - rather than in the safety of my own home under the supervision of my parents, who could have watched for when I needed to stop.

LaurenLOVESTONED
November 24th, 2007, 02:44 AM
eh,,if its illegal. up to the parents. i dont see an issue with trying alcohol in a safe environment. but getting wasted at thirteen around people you dont know, or friends who are also ****faced is stupid and dangerous

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 24th, 2007, 05:17 AM
whats with you and apricots XDD

anyways they shouldn't even though I do know some parents that neglect to follow that rule and still give there kids a sip. Or have a it out of the open so when the adult of the house leave they will drink it. I'm not going to be one of those fools because I dont drink anymore I use to but then I stopped because I don't want to have liver cancer and I was sick of the constant headaches

:t354:TG

Warheart
November 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
My parents are uh..actually for underage drinking, sadly. Their liquor cabinet is wide open for me to completely wreck if I felt like ever doing it, and they always have a fresh supply of of randomly assorted whiskeys ._.

So yeah, they have absolutely no problem with me completely raiding whatever is in there XD

I don't drink very much, and I'm only 15, so I'm 6 years under the legal drinking age in my state anyways. I might have actually gotten drunk maybe..twice in my life? I only really drink on occasions where I might be hanging out with some other people, and I fall under peer pressure ._.

xD I'm really..up in the air with this topic-I think that lowering the legal drinking age to anything under 18 is just..retarded, but I don't really see how 3 years really makes you any more capable of being able to handle alchohol any better. So yeah, I'm up for it being lowered because most people have had experiences with it before 21 anyways, but not the the point where 14 year old kind are hanging out in bars xD

..I just think it's kinda messed up how you can legally vote, drive, and buy cigarettes before you can drink ._.

Cross
November 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I'm all for underage drinking. =(

I could sneak beer much easier.

Cassino
November 25th, 2007, 08:27 AM
"Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him." - Irish Proverb

No one need drink, but as well as being the curse of the land it is also the joy of the land, and has accompanied many a man on his travels.
I say anyone should be allowed to drink, so long as they understand the moral consequences of their actions. This does basically rule out young children, who are seldom able to consider the results of what they undertake.

Shaydeh
November 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM
"Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him." - Irish Proverb

No one need drink, but as well as being the curse of the land it is also the joy of the land, and has accompanied many a man on his travels.
I say anyone should be allowed to drink, so long as they understand the moral consequences of their actions. This does basically rule out young children, who are seldom able to consider the results of what they undertake.

Agreed. Loved the humorous proverb. Also, if anyone is to drink, I'd suggest they do it in a responsible manner, which I'm going to go out on a limb and say most underage drinkers don't.

Cassino
November 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Loved the humorous proverb.
It's intention isn't humourous, though. :0

Merzbau
November 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I don't like drinking.
People should have the right and ability to choose for themselves.
I wouldn't advise that people as young as that start drinking or drink at all, but many do, and if they're responsible, okay, I'm not denying them anything.

I move to reinstate Prohibition kthx. I voted for option 3.
If it didn't work the first time, what makes you think people would want alcohol any less? Denying people rights is lame.

Sammi
November 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm not against drinking at all. If it's legal and if they want to, let them. You do get people who abuse it, but alas, it happens. I doubt it's the majority of drinkers. I know neither of my parents are like that, nor anyone else I know. They might get drunk, yes, but they're safe about it.

Onto the topic: I'm not keen on underage drinking, mainly because it could get out of hand really fast, and I just don't like the image of young teenagers being drunk. I believe they're just not ready for it. I know I wouldn't trust my little brother with alcohol right now; he can barely handle his homework. Most young teenagers aren't responsible enough to handle drinks that'll mess with their minds.

If you do drink underage, I'd rather see kids doing it at home with parents or other responsible adults around, and the older the better. If you're at home and someone watches you, chances are you won't get harmed. If anything, it's a learning experience for a kid. They'll know what alcohol does to them first-hand without them being in as much danger as they would be if they were out at a party, a friend's house, or any other unsupervised place. That way, if they are out, they'll know where to draw the line. Of course, this is assuming the adults give permission to drink. If they don't want the kids in their alcohol, they need to keep it somewhere where they won't take it.

However, I think having the legal age at 21 is too high. I think by 18, you're responsible enough to drink or you'll be as responsible as you'll ever get. I just don't see the point in waiting another three years, especially if it doesn't really matter developmentally. I doubt it'd make the alcohol situation any worse.

But the chances of the legal age in the US changing are just slim to none. :/

People only say it tastes good because of addiction, and it makes them "feel cool".

I disagree. I believe people can drink beer, wine, and any hard liqueur and enjoy the taste of it, and not because of addiction, the effects, or for the social factor. Granted, people might tolerate the taste for the effects it brings (beer and hard liqueur comes to my mind), but what about mixed drinks? They're practically made to be pleasing to your tongue. Are you saying people like them only because they're addicted or only because they think "I'll look cool if I drink this"?

Amoeba
November 29th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I disagree. I believe people can drink beer, wine, and any hard liqueur and enjoy the taste of it, and not because of addiction, the effects, or for the social factor. Granted, people might tolerate the taste for the effects it brings (beer and hard liqueur comes to my mind), but what about mixed drinks? They're practically made to be pleasing to your tongue. Are you saying people like them only because they're addicted or only because they think "I'll look cool if I drink this"?

I'm in agreement with that.

Those who encourage the drunken stereotype by acting like fools and getting too drunk ruin it for those who conduct themselves with dignity and practice moderation.

So, just because some people only like it because they're hooked or want to impress their peers, doesn't mean that there aren't people who just enjoy the flavours.

And, to add to the argument and keep this on topic, some children and teenagers are getting drunk in the wrong places, at the wrong times, with the wrong people, behind their parent's back (not always behind their backs, but quite often). If the setting, education and supervision were there, they could vastly reduce the risk of getting too drunk or subjecting themselves to harm, and they would learn how to enjoy smaller amounts.

Of course, some might argue that some children would want to drink more than their supervisors will allow, and it would become a forbidden fruit.

But it's already a forbidden fruit anyway, and I think that's a large part of the problem.

Zanacross
December 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
I got drunk once. Its not nice and im 15. i did it behind my perants backs. The thing is they never found out.

Back to thing i was saying.

If it was horrid for me imagine what it would be like for a 13 ear old.

Anxiety.
December 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Look, I think underage drinking is bad,

BUT

If you are in your own home, it is ok, because anyone over 5 years old can drink alcohol in their own homes. So yes, I think if you are going to underage drink than you should do it in your own home.
Even I have a bit of wine and champaign every now and then. But i only do it occasionally and when I do it I have permission of my parents.

Geometric-sama
December 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I believe it is unmanly to wreck one's liver and reduce mental acuity by imbibing alcohol; thus I have never done so, and do not plan to do so. I disapprove of underage drinking, but accept that it is the choice of the person in question.

Allen-kun
December 6th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Underage drinking is pretty bad.

I don't really see the fun in drinking something that taste like crap and then spewing and then in the morning, smelling like the spew you threw up and feeling like your head was run over by a car.

And alcohol affects your brain cells, so people who are underage and drink are just going to get more stupid and continue with it.