PDA

View Full Version : When u consider its winter

halowizard
November 20th, 2007, 05:44 PM
som ppl (and me) think its winter as soon as it snows, som 'meh-ish' ppl think its winter the day its officialy winter, som ppl think its winter when it hits 32 degrees (F), som ppl think its winter when they say so...

whadda u think?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 20th, 2007, 06:13 PM
when it either hits 32 F or when I say so. I love the winter time and I can't wait for it to come

:t354:TG

Scytheteen
November 20th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Try writing correctly

I consider it winter not really when it reaches 32 degrees, but more like 40. Pnce it starts to get like, winter jacket cold, that's when I consider it winter.

diamondpearl876
November 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I consider it winter when it snows. ;D

Azonic
November 20th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I have no idea since we just moved south and I have no idea what the weather is like. So maybe, when its colder?

Kylie-chan
November 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Official day on the calendar, due to no snow here. ;___; I love snow. I guess it's a grass-is-greener/whiter-on-the-other-side thing. As for summer, I've been calling it summer since September, due to the ridiculous heat. I hate living in Australia sometimes. xD

Firebird306
November 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM
;___; I love snow. I guess it's a grass-is-greener/whiter-on-the-other-side thing. As for summer, I've been calling it summer since September, due to the ridiculous heat. I hate living in Australia sometimes. xD
I agree with that and feel your pain. >.<

Anyway, when it gets to an average daytime temperature of around 16 degrees Celsius or below (60.8 in Farenheit apparently). That's when I consider that the winter time has started, so it's a mixture of two options. When it hits said temperature and when I say so.

Alter Ego
November 21st, 2007, 02:02 AM
Winter is when I can't travel by bike anymore. :3

Really, I can't say it any fairer than that. Typically, I start thinking winter when we've got a coat of snow on the ground that doesn't melt away overnight, but then we get stuff like this year (A couple of days ago there was snow everywhere, but looking out of the window now there's not a single snowflake in sight and our lawn is still green.), so...I dunno'. I think I'll go for the first coat of snow that lasts for more than 24 hours. ^^

Short Bus Mafia
November 21st, 2007, 03:33 AM
I think it's winter when I say it's winter.
Even if I say it's winter in the summer.
:o

No, uhhh...I think it's probably winter when it starts to get reeaally cold.
<3

Lumine
November 21st, 2007, 06:05 AM
According to the season sequence here in Australia, winter is roughly somewhere between June to August, thats how I pretty much consider winter =P

Ausaudriel
November 21st, 2007, 07:05 AM
Um, sometime in November I guess? XD

Winter is just like, whenever that month hits that everybody starts talking about Christmas. :B

Binary
November 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM
When it starts to snow?
Well thats what I think or when I say so XD

Cherrim
November 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
When the snow finally stays on the ground, it's winter for me. And when the snow finally melts, it's spring. :x

Chikara
November 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
It doesn't snow where I live, so Winter starts when it gets cold, stays cold, and doesn't get hot until March. Logic pwns <3

Man of Faith
November 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
^Yes it does.

That's why I chose when the calender says so P:

˚° ﺎ ﮟ סּ ﻛ °˚
November 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
when my fingers and toes drop off :D

Amoeba
November 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM
None.

When I feel a chill in the air, when I can see my breath, when my fingers get so cold they start to feel burning hot for some strange reason... When the trees are bare, when I start to feel sleepy and hungry a lot...

President Showaddywaddy
November 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
I think it's winter when it goes below a few degrees C, that's when my fingers go red in cold.

Unfortunately this happens in mid september in Radcliffe, and usually doesn't end till april. It even snowed (not powdery snow, more flaky ice) in april '04

Sora_8920
November 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM
It doesn't snow in the USA. So, I consider it Winter the 1st day of December. :P

Wish
November 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
I consider it winter when I feel like it's cold enough to be winter. So technically, when it is about 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

Autaven
November 21st, 2007, 02:22 PM
When it gets so cold that I have to start wearing hats and gloves and scarfs and boots. And when I get home and want nice cosy dinner, and when it snows!

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
When it snows, it's winter. Well, technically, there's an actually DAY it begins, but...

So I guess it's winter here. It snowed a few days ago. Dammit, I don't like my choice now. Choice 3 is more like what'd I say... ~_~

Crystal Clair
November 21st, 2007, 02:55 PM
Any time in December when the trees become bare enough and it's bitter cold out

However we're kinda mild this year and the trees are still full of leaves (as of Thanksgiving break) so maybe we'll get a late winter.

Sylphiel
November 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
I usually don't think of it as winter here until it's gotten cold enough that I can't wear shorts anymore, or until December comes around - whichever comes first. Usually it's the latter, since while it does get cold here, it doesn't get too much so until like...the middle of the season. e_e

EmpoleMew
November 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
I consider it Winter the day after Thanksgiving or the calrnder date. We don't really get as much snow as we used to in New York. global warming

Ryoutarou
November 21st, 2007, 06:33 PM
When a certain pair of admins make a certain DCC a month early.

Er, right. Probably December 22nd here, since that is the official date and all. We've been having hectic weather lately, so I'd never know it was winter if I went by that.

SnowFall
November 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
I usually constantly argue with people when say it is winter already because it snowed, and I just blabber on on how it’s not winter till the official date on the calendar. I get just a bit paranoid. :paranoid:

Waffle-San
November 21st, 2007, 09:47 PM
Halloween or Thanksgiving (the Candian one), well for me anyways. EVen though things are changing around here. I`ll have to change that to December 1st. November ussually a little warmer than October for some reason.

Merzbau
November 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM
If I had to wait for 32 degrees or snow, some years winter would never come.

I just see winter as "when it gets way colder than usual".

We might get snow like once a year if at all. None in the past few years.

Eon-Rider
November 22nd, 2007, 04:26 AM
Official day on the calendar, due to no snow here. ;___; I love snow. I guess it's a grass-is-greener/whiter-on-the-other-side thing. As for summer, I've been calling it summer since September, due to the ridiculous heat. I hate living in Australia sometimes. xD

Same here. Australia's general weather is okay but it REALLY sucks in he summer. As for the question, er... I just count winter as the day it begins on the calender even though seasons don't actually have an officialy starting date.