PDA

View Full Version : I hate holidays. Who else?

lonewolfx44
November 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
I am always so lonely on holidays, more so than any other day. Nothing is joyous and festive about having no one to talk to... or even the lack of half the people you usually can talk to disappearing making me exaggerate that no one is around. I'll be in my room for the next 4 days... alone and doing nothing. Isn't life grand?

Azonic
November 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
The only reason I like holidays is that there's no school.

Gulpin
November 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Who hates the holidays! I love to spend time with my family, and of course no school!

Lilith
November 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
I am always so lonely on holidays, more so than any other day. Nothing is joyous and festive about having no one to talk to... or even the lack of half the people you usually can talk to disappearing making me exaggerate that no one is around. I'll be in my room for the next 4 days... alone and doing nothing. Isn't life grand?
Well you could stop complaining and get out and find someone to talk to. I don't mean that in a harsh way but I'm sure there's some kind soul that would enjoy spending the holidays with you if you just ask.. If everyone is busy, come on PC or get a pet. Have some joy because it's a day where it's okay to be happy and not go to jail for it ahah. /crazy ^_^

Lol I just have to agree with that but holiday's are still fun to goof off with family/friends while I'm out of school. 8D

Himawarii
November 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
I love holidays,but they always seem to go like any other day D;

ComNerd
November 22nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
I LOVE HOLIDAYS! NO SCHOOL! NO HOMEWORK!

Dawg 2005
November 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Well you could stop complaining and get out and find someone to talk to. I don't mean that in a harsh way but I'm sure there's some kind soul that would enjoy spending the holidays with you if you just ask.. If everyone is busy, come on PC or get a pet. Have some joy because it's a day where it's okay to be happy and not go to jail for it ahah. /crazy ^_^\

I was going to say that and then some, but the rest of what I was going to say was kind of mean.

I, for one, like holidays. A lot of my friends might leave for the holidays, but that's what phones (calling and texting) are for. Use them. =]

Hey, if you're going to be alone for about a week, you could always get drunk. Just a thought.

Scytheteen
November 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Who could hate the holidays!? For one, no school. Second of all, you get to chill with friends and family. And lastly, you get to eat ten pounds of food and have a reason. xP. For you, I suggest to get a cat.

Sorano
November 22nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I love holidays. :x No school, good food, spending time with friends and family, good food, lots of parties, school events...good food. I understand how one could dislike holidays if they have no one around to spend them with, though.

Erimgard
November 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
I guess it sorta depends. they have their ups and downs
but I don't hate them

Gummy
November 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Like almost everyone else here, I love most holidays only for the no school part. However, I hate Valentines Day with a passion. I''m ALWAYS left out since all of my perfect friends get like millions of Valentines... =(

Mario The World Champion
November 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
When I was a kid, I loved the holidays. Because there was no school.

Now that I'm older, I think they've become so commercilized that they've lost their flair.

Especially Easter. That has turned into Christmas in spring!!

Waffle-San
November 22nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
I love holidays, people just seem to be that much happier, and people arn't ard to find if you make an effort.

Ausaudriel
November 23rd, 2007, 03:31 AM
I love holidays. :x No school, good food, spending time with friends and family, good food, lots of parties, school events...good food. I understand how one could dislike holidays if they have no one around to spend them with, though.
^ I think that says it all for me, tbqh. XD (Especially the double mention of delicious fooooood. *______* Though I tend to eat a ton of the delicious food on the holiday, and then eat next to nothing the week following. ^____@;;;...)

lonewolfx44, you just gotta wait. D: I'm sure one day you'll find somebody ~special~ to spend holidays with. loneliness never lasts forever, believe me. I know exactly how you feel, I felt the exact same way in the past. Then I met a certain group of friends, and even if I'm having a lousy day otherwise, they always make it better. XD Holidays are just another excuse to be HAAAAAPPY. ^____^ (Without seeming like a freak. >_>)

Jubilation
November 23rd, 2007, 03:34 AM
I'm always for the doom & gloom, I don't really like happy

Amoeba
November 23rd, 2007, 03:46 AM
I don't hate holidays. I like to have a break from study and such.

I can completely understand how holidays can be really grim when you don't have anyone to spend them with. It can be very painful, frustrating, even to the point of bitter anger. For thise who say "oh its not hard to find someone" "its not hard to find friends, go out and look", you obviously haven't been in the position of not knowing how to find friends. What're you supposed to do? Go out, pick a random person off the street and say "hey, wanna hang out with me?" Most likely they would be very uncomfortable, heck I know I would be. It is not easy to make friends. You may have the skills to do so which make it easier, but not everyone does, not everyone knows even where to begin when going out friend-hunting.

Wish
November 23rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
I don't hate Holidays. It's a time where I get a break from school and hang around with my family and friends. Christmas is where you get a whole lot of gifts for free! Who doesn't like that? Also the all night parties at your friends house, having fun, playing games, and chat.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
the main reason is how shall I explain it in one word oh yea FAMILY! I was the type when I was little that I never wanted to be with family and wanted to be alone so and I hate my family thats why I dont like the Holidays

:t354:TG

Short Bus Mafia
November 23rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
I kinda' don't like them.
There are too many happy people.
Waaay too happy.
It's like;
"Dude, chill."
v.v

Astinus
November 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Now that I'm older, I hate the holidays. I bet the rest of you don't work in a grocery store, working thirty hours or more a week now, having customers pretty much think that you're an idiot because you're working on the holiday itself. Because I do work in a grocery store. And the customers are just plain mean now because we run out of supplies people need to bake their pies on the day of the actual holiday. People, it's not difficult to realize that the holidays fall on the same time each year. Buy your pies in advance.

Plus, the holidays are just commercialized. The sales that stores have starting at four in the morning (does anyone think about those who are working in the stores at that time?), people killing one another to buy a gift that the other person might not even want. What ever happened to the fact the the holidays were a time to spend with family? Why is everything now about how much people can receive and not show a single drop of gratitude?

Yes, I'm bitter. :/ But I don't try to ruin it for other people with my sour mood. Except for throwing a can of condensed milk at a customer. :P

Lt. Surge's Raichu
November 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
No way, i love holidays ; )
Holidays is life :D

Rukio
November 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
if u guys hate holidays so much why not try to go OUTSIDE (i know its difficult) and have fun u guyz have to have at least one friend right?

Lumine
November 24th, 2007, 02:47 AM
You have to be insane to hate holidays =\

Anyways no I don't hate holidays I love them, nuff said

Eon-Rider
November 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I have neutral feelings to holidays. It's great because there's no more school but it gets very boring after the first few days.

viridian doubletongue
November 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Holidays are like every day. They are what you make on them. Only what you get back is amplified.

Lonely day. Very lonely miserable holiday.

Happy day. Super happy joy filled holiday.

I try to make the most of them.

Nytkoi
November 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I like the Holidays. No school. Having my family around

Smarties-chan
November 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't say I hate holidays, but I'm no big fan of them either. Having a couple of days off is all dandy and fine, but I often find myself longing for school after a couple of days - not only for the friends I don't keep any touch with outside school, but also for the sake of having something to do. Heck, boredom sometimes even gets the better of me during weekends; a couple of weeks away from school can really bore you. ._.

So in conclusion, I don't hate holidays, but I think they could be shorter. I don't think anyone needs more than a couple of days off, to be honest.

GH_god
November 24th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I like the holidays because my family makes a big feast 4 each 1.

Soari
November 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Holidays are not really fun sitting at home being bored that sucks..

Cassino
November 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I'm an introvert, I'm more content sitting at home alone. So no, I like whatever break I can get from the world of work. What about friends, and how I kill boredom? My friends all have MSN, and I often realise that I've got plenty to do when I think about it.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Totally, but I also like Holiday's like Christmas for multiple reasons.

Dawg 2005
November 30th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Totally, but I also like Holiday's like Christmas for multiple reasons.

Would've been nice to know WHAT the reasons were.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Two things about whats great about holidays:

1. School dies for a while >:D

2. I relize more and more how relitives on my dad's side are WAY more like me than my mom's side.

In conclution,
Holidays are awesome. :P

Aegis
November 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I love holidays. No school and lots of food <3 But after reading some of the reasons some other people don't like them, I can why they might not be as fun for them.

txteclipse
November 30th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I like holidays. Food is good. Sleeping in is good. Losing my mind by playing video games all day is especially good >:D

If you don't like holidays, why not do something you like on or near that day to help you enjoy it more? For instance: we go to a theme park (Magic Mountain) the day before Thanksgiving because there isn't anyone else there. It makes that time of year that much more awesome.

Natti
November 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Actually, yes. :/ The only good thing that comes out of it is no school days.

Our family isn't all that big on holidays. Like Christmas? Christmas to us is just like... Labor Day or somethin'.

Cross
November 30th, 2007, 10:24 PM
lonewolfx44, our family invites three friends and aal our relatives over on holidays. Those three familys invite 3 of their friends and familys over. We have nearly 30 people at our house.
I love holidays because they're social, and I get together with my best friends.

Allen-kun
December 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Holy smokes, I love school holidays. o.o

Yeah there's no school, but I get to be the awesome game junkie that I am and stay up all night playing games. XD

LinooneX
December 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
I love the holidays. They are fun.

LaurenLOVESTONED
December 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
i like them if i have no school work to do. so this holidays are gonna be pretty sweet. i guess the only issue i have with them is when i am short on fundage

Ayano Katagiri
December 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
I prefer school sometimes. Just because I never get anything done at all in the holidays. >.>
Unless I go away overseas to do something fun, it's just staying in the boredom of my home.

The Real AAA
December 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
No way I don't hate holidays!!! i luv holidays!!!!

Razer302
December 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I don't mind holidays. I spend my time just on my computer doing what I would do on any other day. So it isn't a problem for me.

I don't mind being on my own. It can be better at times.