PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate when your name is taken?

Souless
November 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I have seen on the whole section and I didn't found anything like this.

Well, every people on here have a username, do you use it on several places where you sign up right?

Well, one day you discover this cool forum or whatever, you go to the "Sign up" page and then input your username, e-mail adress, password, country and other thingies it ask you, then you click on the submit button and... BAM the error message appears. What did I did wrong? you ask yourself and then the little annoying message appears "That username is already taken, please enter a different username."

And then you have to enter your name between X's, [], ~~'s, --, or complicated numbers just to enter with that name.

But what you don't know is that... people will confuse you with the original one.

Well, that's enough talking and too less voting, so the question is this...

Do you hate when you try to sign up to a place and your name is already taken?

Natalie♥
November 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
I hate when that happens. I have the perfect username and then someone else will have it already.

Chibi-chan
November 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
To be absolutely honest....
My first username was going to be Kura :x

Buuuuuuuuuut it was taken obviously xD I remember thinking to myself "awww, they probably aren't active either.." Lol. Eitherway, Chibi-chan isn't taken very often, but when it is, I have a backup name that no one ever thinks of.

Himawarii
November 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Mmhmm.I get absolutely annoyed xD
Luckily,I have the amazing talent of thinking up of something just as good in a matter of seconds 8D /brag brag brag

ComNerd
November 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
I hate it when my username is taken, its just...AAARRRGGGHHH!

Dawg 2005
November 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
To be absolutely honest....
My first username was going to be Kura :x

WOW. XD

My first name is just practically impossible to be taken. I'm serious, it's so damn long no one would want to type it out. XD

Dawg 2005... Uhh, that all started with RuneScape (blah), because my friend had 'Dawg' in his name, and I thought it was cool.

Since 2005, oh hell yes.

Midnight Beat
November 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
I've never had that problem, with a o-so original user name like mine it's not hard to get it. XD

Scytheteen
November 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
It's never happened to me, but that would annoy the <censored> out of me.

Erimgard
November 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah I hate it
It happened when I signed up for AIM
also, I saw a funny article once...Actor Sean Penn got pissed off because [email protected] was already taken xD

Gummy
November 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Well, I've never had that problem before, and actually would be happy if someone did have my username.

Username=RL Name (I have a bunch of nicknames)

Waffle-San
November 22nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Its happened to me once or twice and both times I ended up getting a better username out of it then my original one, so it doesn't bother me. I ussually have 1 or 2 extra ideas.

Warheart
November 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
..Yeah, i have a huge problem with this..Do you know how many forums already have a member known as "Murderface?" T_T

..The only reason i got that username on this site is because when I first joined up, no one here knew what the hell Metalocalypse was >_>

Spaekle Oddberry
November 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM
I have not yet succeeded in finding another BlueberryPoffin in the world... but when I join non-Pokemon forums I have to think of something different. Usually just Berry. And doing the whole ~~~ thing probably wouldn't help, because if OtherBlueberryPoffin were an active member it'd still amount to a lot of confusion. While I normally don't have to worry about my name being taken, I imagine it must be annoying, because I like having one name to go by universally, yeah? :V

Cherrim
November 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
With an alias like "Lightning," unless I'm extremely lucky, I never get it when I sign up somewhere. I ended up taking "lightningchan" as my alternate alias for all the big sites, which probably annoyed the hell out of one person. XD; As far as I know, there's only one other "lightningchan" on the internet and since I got to all the big sites first, the poor kid only has that name at one place and I've actually seen him/her blog about not having the name somewhere. Haha, oops. I don't even like that name anymore.

But yeah, Lightning is taken EVERYWHERE since it's so generic and it sounds cool. :( It makes me kinda sad, but oh well.

charizard_maa
November 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah. The same thing kind of happen to me when I first came to this site. I wanted my name to be Charizard. Just that simple name since it is my favorite pokemon. Still seeing that I wasn't the only person that thought of this name it was taken. After a few minutes I just added the maa part and that is how I got this one. Ever since then I never had trouble wiht usernames because nobody has been this bright to come up with a username like the one I have. haha

Melody
November 22nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
I dont have that problem. Digimon fans are a small group and fortunately no one thought of Justimon, Who is (If you've watched Digimon tamers) is a pretty awesome digimon even if he's only a supporting character.
As for my previous nickname I did have a bit of trouble with it because the name Poketrainer was taken when I joined. duh I just added a 2004 at the end of it and I have myself a fairly unique nickname.

Shuricel
November 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well, it usually depends. If it's a TV character from a show or something, I won't get annoyed, as I know other people can come up with it.

I do get annoyed with it's an original name I came up with, and I can explain the origins of it (ex. Shuricel: My dad told me seour meant sister, and I mispelt it Shur. I added icel at the end cause it sounded cool that way), and it's unlikely anyone else will think of it, that I get annoyed.

RYOUKI
November 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Mmhmm.I get absolutely annoyed xD
Luckily,I have the amazing talent of thinking up of something just as good in a matter of seconds 8D /brag brag brag
XD Me too.
My First name was RazoREdge, I didn't even know that I could have thought of the name like that, It must be because Razor Leaf and Double-Edge are catchy..xD
Though no one has ever though of Ryouki before, except for the deviaNT Art one, I don't know If that Ryouki is japanese or not.
It's actually easy to think up a username, You actually have to like put two and two together, meh.

Astinus
November 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
This original user name is mine and mine alone. It came from a years-old fanfic my brother wrote, which was never released to the public eye. So I'm the only one who knows the name. This way, I never have to worry about these two somewhat known names could be combined and taken. I wouldn't be annoyed when it happens because it never will.

*knocks on wood* xP

viridian doubletongue
November 22nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
This has happened only once!

When I tried to register the email

the_vibe [at] hotmail [dot] com

And it was taken by I don't know who, and they were also ruder than they should have been when I added them.

Gunn
November 23rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'm usually apathetic when it happens. How can your username be taken if someone had been using it before you?

Amoeba
November 23rd, 2007, 02:48 AM
It would be annoying to have to think up something else, but I guess they had it first, and if its a username that involves commonly used words or something related to the fandom, then I sort of expect that it might be taken. Can't be helped, really.

Firebird306
November 23rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Thankfully my name has never been taken and hopefully never will be. I'd be so annoyed to join a forum and Firebird306 to have already been taken. I've always put the 306 on the end as a random number just in case it is taken. I have only been Firebird306 and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Lumine
November 23rd, 2007, 06:05 AM
I guess it doesn't really matter cause I'm pretty creative when it comes to names/usernames issue.

Azonic
November 23rd, 2007, 06:27 AM
I really don't care. Actually I thought my username would look better between two symbols... but I hate the numbers after my name.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Yes Like for example some loser now takes the name Tatsujin Gosuto on this website and they didn't have the idea until I started putting my name Tatsujin Gosuto on this website and my sig or TG for short

:t354:TG

Tr@ce
November 23rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
It's happened to me before, but usually nobody picks dragonslayerboy as a username. And I have a backup as well.

Shika
November 23rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I don't really care for it.
You can easily think of something else.
I just hate when it says Username/password too short >D

.::Sparky::.
November 23rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Nope, I don't mind, plus my name has 4 of these ::::

TwilightBlade
November 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah I hate it when that happens and I hate my username since I couldn't think of something better at the time.. My old account still rots here with the name I want. But it's sorta unoriginal now since people copy meh. So I'll stick with the bland emo name instead of being a sorry clone. Or I could think up something cool. D8

As for emails, yeah they're always taken so I have to add numbers and whatnot.. :B

.houndoomed
November 23rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Well, the name I used to use was Black Shadow, and I think there's another one of those on this forum. Another is Latias Tamer, which I had for years, it was so weird to see someone with the same username o.0 and they were actually active.. I mean, Latias Tamer isn't even obvious! No one has stolen my Houndoomed... yet *shifts eyes*

I voted for 'I hate it' even though it's quite funny when it happens.

Sakuya
November 23rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it's happened to me and I really hate it. The name I use here was used for that reason though (even though my old account under the name I usually use (Mimori Kiryu) is still here and that's why I used this name. lol) But its happened at several forums and its kinda bugs me. Though, then again, its an animated characters name so I understand if it taken by someone else. ^^

Wish
November 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, It has happened to me on PC.

Some of my ideas for this account were stuff like, Nightmare. That was my first, but unfortunately, it was taken. So I settled with Wish. I was surprised no one took Kurogane yet though xD.

AnimeDDR110
November 23rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
never-ever happened, thank god. although on my buddy's pc account (which at the moment is inactive), i typed in his username, and 4 times the one he wanted wouldn't come up. so it was really really annoying.

Ivysaur
November 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
It happened twice: one in Youtube, where some guy picked up Went and left the account untouched for months >O, so I had to sign up as went22, and another in some other forum I joined to take part in a contest, so I didn't care at all.

Short Bus Mafia
November 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
It's never happened.
I guess no one wants to be Kyla [Krymson] or Short Bus Mafia.
XD

Sceptile837
November 23rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Nobody ever really uses the names I typically use (this isn't a name I typically use) so I've never really encountered a situation where people use my name. Plus, all of them are really kinda original, and if someone does have it I just put 837 at the end since I use those numbers a lot.

Duncan McNeil
November 23rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Heh, seeing as my usual name is duncan, it's always taken. So this is my backup. Yeah...

flight
November 23rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
I'm not creative when it comes to usernames, at all. Well I am sort of, but every time I think of some name to use, it's always taken.

Sucks. And yes, I do hate it.

Lyndon
November 23rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
When i pick a username i try to go with somethin original, without numbers, when someone already has my name it gets kinda annoying.

Tapioca
November 24th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Who doesn't? ><

My name is apparently a popular one because it was taken on anime suki(which I hate) and some other forums as well. But as far as I know I'm the only person loyal to the name Chikara.

Aaaaaaand I'm probably the only one who based the word off of a DDR song XD;

Soundash
November 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Fortunately it never happened to be yet, and I would hate if it did, mainly because Soundash is the name I created from scratch and use it everywhere. Because the name is my own, there is no mistake and no confisuon about it, the only Soundash around that ever was is me, so it would piss the hell outta me if I found that there was another person with the name.

Smarties-chan
November 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Never experienced that. Neither of my internet aliases are very common and I don't think it'd be such a big deal if it happened since I find it very hard to believe that both my names would be taken on a forum.

Ben Kenobi
November 24th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, I do. My user name and slight variations of it are very common, especially on the bigger sites, where with millions of people registered, I shouldn't expect it not to be taken.

Extric
November 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I've never had this happen to me as my usernames tend to never spread about, and plus I have five back up names incase this ever happens. If I ever run into that error message it's usually because I forgot that I registered on that forum.

Virtual Chatot
November 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I've had it stolen once, and he was banned...

So...No worries :3

pokejungle
November 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
No, I absolutely love when people take my name or username anywhere :) I just get warm tingles evvvvverywhere.

zel 2.0
November 24th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I've become used to it (think: my nickname are just three letters, so it's bound to be taken anyway), but I always have some alternatives around (but, still, it's not something too nice to go changing your nickname into something you do not enjoy that much...)

Guess it's my fault for picking a nickname from an anime character...

marz
November 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have to think that something as simple as "Marz" wasn't taken. I mean, this forum's been up since 2002, and a simple four letter word, variation off of one of the most known planets, wasn't taken? But I'm glad I got it -- I sign up usually as Marz, or Marz-something-

It does usually annoy me when I can't get a username I want. I usually have a really good one in mind D:

Jack O'Neill
November 24th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Despite my tendency to take my usernames from anime, games, and TV shows, my username choices are almost never taken the first time around. If one name is taken, I just adopt another and move on.

Sammi
November 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I haven't run into it. I've only seen one other person that has used Sammi on the Internet, and that's on SPPF. Then again, I don't go around much.
I bet she was pissed when she tried to join and found out I'd stolen her name, hahaha...XD;;;

As for my other standbys, as far as I know, they're never taken. :x

Idiot!
November 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I have no problems with usernames. My usernames usually consists of two words, and my emails three. Somehow I am quite fond of long usernames. I have different usernames for everything I signed up, and so far, none of my usernames are taken.

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yes. I didn't happen here, (of coruse) but at www.funtrivia.com, the name "videogamegirl" was already taken, so I went with "videogamechick". If you see my profile, you would never think we were the same person, but oh well, I got banned, but whatever, I was FT's most hated member anywho...

President Showaddywaddy
November 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've never had this username taken, but I did have my old one taken on a different site. Since I like to keep things regular, I made them all President Showaddywaddy.

No one in their right mind would take my current one though.

(NB: Ya Tah! 100 posts!)