PDA

View Full Version : If you came into a lot of money for whatever reason, what would you do with it?

Snivi
November 24th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I would have my dream house built.
I would buy each member of my family a home or pay off their mortgage.
I would take Mario & Lucy to Tokyo!
I would go on a cruise <3
I would go to Hawaii and maybe move there.

So what about you?

Cross
November 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Well, since I already have alot of Money and live in Hawaii, it's hard to think of what to spend it on.

I'd buy a future car (Corvette C6)
I'd give my older sister and brothers some of the money for rent

that's about it

LaurenLOVESTONED
November 24th, 2007, 12:47 AM
buy my mum a house
buy an aston martin
shop my pants off.

Lumine
November 24th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I'm already loaded, but it's always good to have more money =P

I'd buy a ferrari enzo
I'd travel the world with my gf

Amoeba
November 24th, 2007, 02:13 AM
I've never been a money person nor have I ever been veryinterested in material posessions. So these sorts of questions are always the hardest for me.

It depends on the amount, but if it was a lottery win of several million:

First of all, I'd pay off all my grandma's debts she got into trying to help out my mum years ago. I'd also have her living in a better area in a one-floor house - those stairs she takes to get to the flat take a lot out of her I'd also make sure she's comfortable with money.

That'd take about half a million.

My parents are actually about 10 times more well-off and comfortable than my grandma, selfish buggers never help her out. Especially since my mum owes her. But I'd give them some to invest in both my brother's future education (hopefully that's what they'd use it for).

Now, the rest of the money. I'd make a plan to invest it somehow... I don't know how to make money from money so its something I'd have to think very carefully about. But if that were successful, I'd travel with the money I made (and still have lots in savings) and visit other cultures all over the world. I'd study how things work. Dangerous I know, but it'd teach me things about the world. Then I would plan to see how I could use my saved money to make the world a better place for people who are suffering.

It would be hard to carry out all that, but with lots of money comes a lot of responsibility.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 24th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I will buy whatever I want and then move to Japan and live there forever. Also ship my parents somewhere so I dont have to hear there mouths, send them to a good resort

:t354:TG

Nuke
November 24th, 2007, 05:07 AM
How much money we won?

If I know then I can answer.

Proto
November 24th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I would TRAVEL! :D

I'd go everywhere and anywhere, and I'd avoid large hotels and things when possible. I'd use the money for getting to my destinations, and for food, and that'd be it. *__* I'd love to do that so much.

I'd also want to take care of my family, of course, as previous replies have stated. Specifically my niece, who's seven and a half and has an insane mother. ~_~'

Wish
November 24th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I would live in a Big mansion in Tokyo, Japan. :D

I would also buy a nice car. ^.^

I would give part of it to my family.

I would use the rest to buy the things I need. ^.^

World Domination!

Azonic
November 24th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I would just buy stuff. I don't know :D

Nuke
November 24th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Okay I'd buy the Pokémon Comapany.

Incase we dont win that much money though,

I'd like to buy a nice house in Switzerland.
Get a dog [Preferabbly a Husky]
Buy some Corn flakes [lol :D]
And probably store the rest for family & my educational needs.

˚° ﺎ ﮟ סּ ﻛ °˚
November 24th, 2007, 08:42 AM
id buy a nice bike, like a Santa Cruz V10, Giant Glory, Intense M3 or a Iron Horse Sunday world cup

Crystal Clair
November 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I know some stuff I would do
These people are building a luxury condo apartment building right by my school. My school's rises over 4 floors and is near the top of a very tall hill. The place where I hang out in school, you can see the Statue of Liberty... well you could see it. But now that stupid condo building is stealing the view. Therefore if I had money, I'd pay them to take off the levels of their building.

I'd also help pay for some crap that needs to be done around our house. We need a good contractor to put siding on, since our house is half done and half covered in the original shingles.

I'd get those Japanese ac things installed in every room of our house

I'd buy tatami for my room

I'd get a deck attached onto the back of our house. Right now we have sliding doors out onto a series of unsturdy stones. You have to be careful when you walk out.

I'd buy a bunch of manga books that I've always wanted

I'd get all the Pokespecial and Dengeki Pikachu I could imagine

I'd maybe get some anime dvds just so I could watch them on my dad's new flat screen lcd tv 8D

I'd give some of the money to my sister and her boyfriend who just got a new apartment but aren't moving in yet.

I'd give lots of the money to my other sister who's always short on cash. It'd help pay for her car and the cellphone that she just dropped in the toilet.

I'll probably come up with more

Gunn
November 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I would love to travel and purchase myself a new car. I would also give most of it to my dad. He is always in financial issues and I'm sure he would need it more that I do. He needs a home and better source of transportation. He is also schooling right now, so he can use the money for his educational needs.

Cherrim
November 24th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Put enough aside to pay for my entire post-secondary education, plus extra for living expenses. Then... I guess I'd buy a ton of video games and fandom stuff. 8D Yay materialistic possessions!

Virtual Chatot
November 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I would put it in the bank, and live off the interest

Merzbau
November 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I'd buy some things I want, maybe some musical instruments, a small house somewhere, some recording equipment, and keep the money in the bank to live on the interest. Just me, and...maybe one other person.

AnimeDDR110
November 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
1. Get A Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2 Machine
2. Many iTunes Gift Cards
3. TOKYO! Anyone Who Is On My Friends List Is Invited!
4. Compete On Ninja Warrior
5. Share, And Donate

Waffle-San
November 25th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'd do whatever the moment shows best. I know I'd for sure go to a Canucks game in Vancouver, that'd be sweet.

O wait, I know!!! I'd fulfill my promise of making waffles for every single member of PC.

In unrelated news, Cross is back!

Sammi
November 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Put enough aside to pay for my entire post-secondary education, plus extra for living expenses. Then... I guess I'd buy a ton of video games and fandom stuff. 8D Yay materialistic possessions!

You know what? That's a plan. *high-fives*
Although I don't know if I'd buy a ton of video games... I don't have that many I want to buy right now. XD;;;

I'd probably also look into bigger things to buy, like a house or a car, or maybe even traveling to a few places I've always wanted to visit. I'm not sure, though. All I really know is I want college paid for. >_<;; And getting a few things I've wanted for awhile would also be nice. :3

RYOUKI
November 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Uh, Buy things that makes people happy.
Like I would give some donation and, buy me more mangas and books! :D

Snivi
November 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Although I don't know if I'd buy a ton of video games... I don't have that many I want to buy right now. XD;;;

I'd probably also look into bigger things to buy, like a house or a car, or maybe even traveling to a few places I've always wanted to visit. I'm not sure, though. All I really know is I want college paid for. >_<;; And getting a few things I've wanted for awhile would also be nice. :3

Here here! I would pay off my college loan!

Soari
November 26th, 2007, 02:50 AM
I would had buy Accesories , books , Mp3 player I always wanted to have xD and clothes <3

Himawarii
November 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Shop till I drop of course! ♥

But I am not greedy,I'll donate and perhaps share it with close friends ;D

Mario The World Champion
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I'd get that Nissan GT-R that they're bringing to the U.S.!

Plus, go to Tokyo, get a PS3 and some cool games! XD

Cherrim
November 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Well, see, thing is, if you had that much money (the amount wasn't specified so my mind automatically makes that unlimited, rofl), you wouldn't have to be picky. If you saw a game or something, and you had heard at least some good things about it, you could just pick it up to see for yourself instead of saving up for just the games you want/are looking forward to. 8D It'd be pretty cool... albeit wasteful if you end up not liking the game. XD But that's what eBay's for, right? 8D

Justaguy
November 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'd flaunt it in front of people living on welfare/workers getting paid minimum wage.

Then I'd buy a decent sized house for myself, quit work, and spend the rest of my days relaxing without a care in the world.

Melody
November 27th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Well, If I ever hit the lottery or ran into like say, 9 or 10 million dollars I'd definitely put enough away for college. I'd buy the family (Me and my dad and little brother) a nice new house. And then I'd finish college and then travel. Travel the world. I'd visit the UK, Japan, Italy, Maybe travel around europe a bit. See the sights. Get to know people. Then I'd come back home to the USA and live off of the rest of the money. Take it easy. Use my college education to get a decent job or something.

As for material possesions I Dont really know. I'd buy clothes and necessities and a few things that I want. I'm not the type of person that wants much though.

Cosmic Tyrant
November 27th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Here's what I'd do:

I'd invest a portion (oh, say $3'000) in a product with an intrest rate of 12%. With the remainder of my money, I would do one of two things: Buy a major corperation and live off of that, or go to college, buy a house and a car, and give a portion to a charity based on proper schooling.

22sa
November 27th, 2007, 09:25 AM
The only logical thing I know to do with random income is to save it...

♥~*Abby*~♥
November 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Donate a little, give a little to my friends, save a little... then of course, shop like there's no tomorrow. :3