PDA

View Full Version : Glasses and How Many hours you spend on electronics

Hero of Time Link³
November 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I need to do a statistical evaluation for school and I decided to do this and can those with glasses please tell me how long they spend on tv, computer, etc.

Nacon
November 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
my life is practically digital during the day...I'm mainly nocturnal...

I wear a mild prescription for reading glasses (and I don't really wear 'em when reading, either)....

I spend around, and at least, 4 hours a day in front of some sort of screen.

Cherrim
November 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Not sure how I've managed it but... I spend an average of 12 hours a day playing video games or sitting at my computer (the rest is in class or sleeping, etc.), plus I play DS in the dark before going to bed every night... so yeah. Looots of electronics time. :B

I have 20/20 vision, though. Dunno when it'll start to slip but it hasn't happened yet so I can't complain. 8D;

RYOUKI
November 28th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Um, I think.
I use the computer and TV for about 8 Hours or so...
My mother always tell me to like, put me in my glasses but things isn't really blurry...unless it's from afar that it.
I think I have uh, 85 / 65 or was it 65 / 85.

Comic Tragedy
November 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Well I dont use glasses. but I am using less and less time on the comp. Its strange as soon as I quit World of Warcraft I had alot of time on my hands that wasnt being used for raids with my guild. Meh, I dont know if you guys have ANY idea what I am babbling on about, but I bet I cut my time on the computer in half. Plus I'm now on both the badmitten and basketball team.

snazzleberries
November 28th, 2007, 04:34 AM
me,well i spend at least 5 hours infront of one screen i wear near-sighted glasses

Razer302
November 28th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I spent most of my time in front of the Telly or computer. I am have glasses for everything. I can't take them off. If I did I wouldn't be able to see anything,

Seremiya
November 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I spend between 4 and 5 hours in front of the computer.
I don't wear glasses and I think my eyesight is ok.

Warheart
November 28th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I can only feel that limiting this poll to people with glasses is slightly..rascist T_T

xD I don't use them, but I have bought color-changing contacts before (No, I didn't need a perscription, just a fitting). Um..my entire life revolves around electronics. Basically, when I'm not doing something completely upfront with them (Computer, Games, TV), you can usually find me with headphones plugged into my ears ._.

Chibi-chan
November 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I spend a whole bunch of hours on the computer...maybe 21 hours a week xD
My vision is 20/400+ :x
Yeah...I'm a bad example ;o;

Wish
November 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Surprisingly, I play the computer in the dark for about 6 hours a day, (more on holidays, or weekends) Watch TV, Play Video games, and play my DS on the go. I DON'T need glasses. ^.^ My vision is around 20/20, but not exactly.

Danchan
November 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I wear glasses, and I have difficulty seeing far away. Farsighted, right? :I

Anyways...I spend about one to one and a half hours on the computer (sans glasses), two to three hrs watching TV, and one to two hours playing DS, PSP, ect ect.

Will this suffice? :3

AnimeDDR110
November 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM
around 4-6 hours a day. weekends its about 11 hours. i'm an addict.

diamondpearl876
November 29th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I have glasses, and... this is based on the past few years, per day:

Computer - 5-7 hours a (weekdays). 9-11 hours (weekends)
TV - 0-2 hours
Gameboy, whatever - 0-1 hours
Reading - 0-2 hours

Hope this helped.

Gerri Shin
November 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
to be quite honest I probably spend roughly 14-15 hours a day in front of a screen, whether it be my comp or fixing my parents comp, on my days off of work, but on the days I do work I only average about 2-3. I do wear glasses but I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with computers, uz I've had them since I was like 8 months old, and I'm not having to wear bi-focals anymore so my eyes are getting better. (I'll bet I'l be one of them old geezers who has to wear tri-focals when I'm like 60)

TRIFORCE89
November 30th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I probably should be blind. XD But I have 20/20 vision. The rest of my family however (mom, dad, brother) all have glasses and all spend less than a fraction of the time I do staring at monitors. :x

Be it the TV or the computer, I'd say at least 12 hours a day for me.

txteclipse
November 30th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Played video games since I was about maybe six. Perfect vision, though.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
November 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yeahh. I`m farsighted, but I don`t wear my glasses all the time & I play video games & use the computer... quite a lot. =x

Man of Faith
November 30th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I have bad vision... I'm six inches away frm the monitor and, without my glasses, can barely see it. Not what's on it, it.

I spend about over 12 hours a day in front of a screen...

Obito.
December 1st, 2007, 02:02 AM
I've had glasses since i was like 5 years old, XD

and whenever i'm not at school (i take my PSP or GBA to school, XD), i'm usually on the computer or watching TV, XD. and whenever i go out i take my PSP or my GBA, so i spend most of my time on elcktronics, XD

LaurenLOVESTONED
December 1st, 2007, 02:17 AM
i'll answer for my sister as she has glasses and i dont-she spends about two hours on the computer and seven hours watching tv during the school week. on the weekends. well shes on the computer for about six hours, and watching tv for twelve or so.
hope this was of help to you

Ayano Katagiri
December 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
I spend at least 1 hour online when I get on but that usually drags out to 2-3 hours. And then TV and gaming time adds another 2 hours or so on I guess. So I do usually spend a lot more time involved with electronics than I'd like and probably why I do have glasses... which is just an annoying pain to have.

FireEagleDeWitt
December 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Alright, this thread sounds awesome and I did the same thing for school last year, and I watch TV all day, play poke'mon all day, and leave the light on all day. So they leaves up to 24/7.

Hinamori_Momo
December 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm electronics 24/7. I don't use glasses, but my vision turns everything blue for a few seconds every day. I'm always doing something that hasta do with a comp, tv, etc. Even in the middle of my classes.

Amoeba
December 4th, 2007, 05:14 AM
IMO if you're doing that I would have a control study of the same amount of people who don't wear glasses and how long they use electronics and then compare the use of electronics between those who need to wear glasses with those who don't - I hope that might be of some help to get more accurate results, otherwise to be honest only using statistics from people who do wear glasses isn't going to be of much use.

I don't wear glasses and have perfect vision. All my life I haven't watched that much TV, but I did play video games a lot. I was limmited on my use but nowadays I use the computer for varying amounts of time. Some days not at all, other days for up to 5 hours through out the day. I ply the PSone and the DS from time to time, totalling probably around 45 minutes a day.

I look at the college smart-boards a lot through out my classes (which is electronic) because that's where I get my notes. That's between 2 and 6 hours on weekdays depending on how many classes I have.

Geometric-sama
December 4th, 2007, 06:01 AM
I sit in front of a screen probably 10+ hours a day. I wear manly spectacles, but it is genetic; my parents are both extremely short-sighted.

Autaven
December 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I spent more or less 15+ hours a day at a computer, or on a console (TV screen or handheld) and I wear glasses. They're not to make my eyes better though, it's for stress. And it's also genetic.

Hero of Time Link³
December 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
My other friend already has a control being worked out. Thanks to everyone who posted!