View Full Version : Banning Spankings in MA

November 28th, 2007, 4:58 AM
I just heard this on the news and I just want to here your opinion. Should the state of MA ban corporal punishment(AKA spankins) inside of the parents home.

For me, this violets the right of the parrent that says so in the constintution. I know for half of us we resaeved these as a child and i don't see why these should be banned. Of corse there is a fine line between abuse and correction punishment. So i am against banning corrpol punishment.

What is your opinion on this subject. Please don't flame each other for their own opinions ^_^

Dogar The Brave
November 28th, 2007, 5:02 AM
Well - I'm in Ireland and stuff like that was banned way before I was born..

So yeah - if that does happen they are doing the right thing.

November 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
This is a thread better suited for Other Chat.

November 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
This is a thread better suited for Other Chat.
Tell me why and I'll give you a cookie. :|

mega-dark, first tell me what state "MA" is supposed to be... but regardless of state, which I assume is Massachusetts, I never found a little slap on the backside or hand to hurt much when I was little, I believe banning such a thing is just an attempt to curb violence towards children. If it is, it's well intentioned, but regardless I see no need.

November 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
..Dude, i actually live in Massachusetts, and this has been all over my town paper for the past few days.

Anyways, yeah, I'm totally for this. How hard is it not to hit your children anyways, and why are people making such a huge deal about this? Are people honestly that determined to fight for their legal right..just to be able to hit their own kids?

November 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I'm against the ban. I belive that spanking (if done in a humane way) should be allowed.
I feel that the ban is agaist the parents rights to punish their children.