PDA

View Full Version : wii and pkmn Battle Rev

.Vaporeon
December 1st, 2007, 01:01 AM
im thinkng of getting a wii and pkmn Battle Rev
i would like to know some info About pkmn Battle Revolution before i get a wii and the pokemon game so could you guys give me some info about the game

spike6958
December 1st, 2007, 02:34 AM
if you like battles and know how to Ev Train your pokemon in D/P then this game is for you, otherwise don't bother because the main game is just battles (NO STORY OR MINI GAMES) and if you want to battle online EV Training is a MUST otherwise you WILL get slautered

Nuke
December 1st, 2007, 03:57 AM
Well lets lay down some features:

- Gets you Magmortar And Electivire And a special Pikachu.
- It has commentary [Which is cool for a pokémon battle]

I dont actually know much other than that.
All I know is I'm gonna buy it.

Lunux
December 1st, 2007, 07:08 AM
it's fun if you like to see the graphics of your pokemon's moves go and KO the opponent. otherwise it has no story, and you get to customize your character's apperance. but you unlock different clothing and acceseries but really it's not a big role in the game. yeah, fun for watching but no story at all.

Jake
December 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM
if you like battles and know how to Ev Train your pokemon in D/P then this game is for you, otherwise don't bother because the main game is just battles (NO STORY OR MINI GAMES) and if you want to battle online EV Training is a MUST otherwise you WILL get slautered

You really don't realize that people GET Pokémon games for the battles... None of the Stadium-esque games had a story. And the need of EV's for online battling is a lie. The only time that "rule" comes in to line is when the n00bs use uber teams.

The game is great. The graphics are 9/10 for Wii (in my opinion) and the game play is an 8/10. The trainer customization is pretty nice, along with being able to change what you say when you enter battle, swith Pokémon, and winning and losing (And you can say ANYTHING, not default word list.) The stadiums are fun and original, and nothing like the first 2 Stadiums. If you're a lover of Pokémon, you should really get the game.

And the Wii speaks for itself. With Pokémon Snap coming out on Virtual Console this month, Pokémon Ranch, and being able to play Game Cube games, Pokémon fans love it.

So yeah..get it if you love Pokémon.

snikerz35
December 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
u can caoture palika and dalika:t013:and battle in a collosum:)

.Vaporeon
December 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Snikerz35@Do you mean palkia and dialga i caught dialga on pkmn diamond
Jake@so its only based on battles?
lunux@I heard its in 3D is that true?
Skii@ so in the game i star of with those three pokemon?
i only have one question now..... Could i import pokemon from the nintendo wii to my ds? And also if i can import them from a wii will there OT say poketopia and if so would they be classified as event pokemon??????????

Le_Avatar
December 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
You only get Magmotar, Electivire and Pikachu from unlocking them and send'em on your DS via Mystery Gift.

Yes their OT will be of Poketopia but you only "clone" your own Pokes to your Wii, not migrate them.

Yes it's only battle-based and in 3-D but, if you don't send your own pokes to fight with, you'll be bored...

.Vaporeon
December 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
so i can clone my pokemon through a wii console (pkmn battle rev)??
and send the clones back to my ds??

Le_Avatar
December 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
No no no :P
But you can kinda clone them to use on your Wii game

Nothing is interfering with your DS gamepack, it stay how it is but your pokes are like copied to your Wii if you wanna use them...

And if you lvl up or have other pokes and things... you can update your Wii game from your DS, since it already have a "copy" of your game

Goldenhammerhead
December 1st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hey can you use it to trade and do your levels get boosted to 100 for the battle?

fearow23
December 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hey can you use it to trade and do your levels get boosted to 100 for the battle?

Nah. A good way to look at Revolution is it is alot like stadium.

ultranerd57
December 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hey do your pokemon gain Exp in the battle?
And can you get multiple Magmorters if the nature of the one you got sucks?

Le_Avatar
December 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
No experience gain for the pokes...

And hum, I guess so if you close your DS right after and do another try

wakachamo
December 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Pokémon Battle Revolution is a mediocre installment of the Pokémon series and a near-worthless effort as the first Pokémon game on Wii. It lacks innovation and is incredibly shallow when regarding certain areas, including that of battles and online features. Sure, the DS-Wii connectivity is great, but soon it'll come off as a slow and cubersome task, and the player starts to realize that it's all but a gimmick. All in all, it's a fun game, but for the first 2 hours, considering the fact that it lacks an actual story mode, which would be expected in a game of the current generation. Graphics are a bit of a disappointment as well, when compared to other good first-party games out there like Metroid and Mario. Not worth the price IMO.

Don't buy a Wii for PBR; buy a Wii for the other fantastic games out there.

Goldenhammerhead
December 4th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Nah. A good way to look at Revolution is it is alot like stadium.

look at this way stadium 1 and revolution are kind of the same but stadium has a couple more features that gave it that excitement.

Jack_Maddocks
December 5th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Don't buy a Wii for PBR; buy a Wii for the other fantastic games out there.

Thats very true. Im getting a Wii for other great installments of Pokemon and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and other cool games like that

wakachamo
December 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Thats very true. Im getting a Wii for other great installments of Pokemon and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and other cool games like that

Out of the games that you've mentioned, none of them is good, because a), there are no "other installments of Pokémon", and b), Mario & Sonic is a mediocre game, too.

MissMegano
December 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
If you're buying a Wii just to get Battle Revolution, it's really, really not worth it. It's the same thing as Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. It gets old.

scorpyo
December 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Is the online battling live or computer controlled like in the DS battle tower? Also, can you update your copied pokemon list so if one of your pokemon on the wii learned a better move on the DS, can you recopy it over?

Jake
December 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Is the online battling live or computer controlled like in the DS battle tower? Also, can you update your copied pokemon list so if one of your pokemon on the wii learned a better move on the DS, can you recopy it over?

It's completely live, but theres no real interaction other than..battling.
And yes, you can re-copy any time you want, but if you trade someone, and you re-copy, the guy you traded won't be there.

scorpyo
December 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cool. The only reason why I want this game is because of random 3-D online battles. :)

Karonte
December 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I heard it has no story and boring. But what happens after you beat everything in Pearl and Diamond you just battle. So I give the game 8.5/10

scorpyo
December 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I heard it has no story and boring. But what happens after you beat everything in Pearl and Diamond you just battle. So I give the game 8.5/10

I never really thought it that way. Anyways, so many people do agree that PBR is only an extension for D/P.

Pupitar247
December 9th, 2007, 07:28 PM
The random battles are fun. You don't have to be good (me, me, me!) or anything. You just have fun. If uber use offends you, then don't try this feature. It ain't fun fighting Rayquaza and Groudon with only a Roselia!

Jimmyray
December 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Well lets lay down some features:

- Gets you Magmortar And Electivire And a special Pikachu.- It has commentary [Which is cool for a pokémon battle]

I dont actually know much other than that.
All I know is I'm gonna buy it.

Not on the PAL version...

.Vaporeon
December 11th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I have made a decison guys i decided to get an XBOX 360 instead of a nintenod wii

sims796
December 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Wii is a great system. Just not PBR. The graphics are atrocious for a 4TH GEN SYSTEM. Sure, I may only care about battling, but that's what I have Diamond for. Lack of mini-games or storyline doesn't hurt me much, but its the fact that it offers nothing interesting. Other than mindless repetittion of shabby noobs. Plus, if the game is ONLY about 3D battles, why aren't the graphics top-notch.

But the Wii is great. Great games, RE4, Galaxy, Twilight Princess, etc.

wakachamo
December 11th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Wii is a great system. Just not PBR. The graphics are atrocious for a 4TH GEN SYSTEM. Sure, I may only care about battling, but that's what I have Diamond for. Lack of mini-games or storyline doesn't hurt me much, but its the fact that it offers nothing interesting. Other than mindless repetittion of shabby noobs. Plus, if the game is ONLY about 3D battles, why aren't the graphics top-notch.

But the Wii is great. Great games, RE4, Galaxy, Twilight Princess, etc.

Not a 4th gen system. We're on the seventh generation of gaming now. Know your facts.

sims796
December 11th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Not a 4th gen system. We're on the seventh generation of gaming now. Know your facts.

No. This is considered by many as the forth generation of systyems. The rudeness is not appreciated at all, especially since it was unprovoked.

Bishopk
December 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM
It is, technically, the seventh gen. It is commonly referred to as 4th gen because the NES/SNES marked the start of actual huge console support.

And, I consider the graphics top notch, if a little cartoony and muddied by a soft filter.

sims796
December 11th, 2007, 08:36 AM
It was obvious what I was refering to. I don't mind beiong corrected, just in a polite way like you did, not "Know your facts". Thats just ignorant, as even you said, it is commonly known as fourth gen. Can't be that wrong.

But on topic, I just can't agree on that one. Those graphics are just terrible. Blocky, choppy, slow, & unpleasant. I see little difference on this & those of Colliseum, or even Stadium. Especially Tysposion-that was just lazy. I'm upset at the fact that developers think that they can just shell out half-arsed games, slap a popular label on it (like Inuyasha or Full Metal Alchemist), "& call it a day. The game would be worth my money if it was cheaper, say, $30, as this is just an expansion of D/P

If you like it, well, very well. Tomato, tomado (I can't make the long "O"), I suppose.

thanialwii
December 11th, 2007, 10:50 AM
anyone wanna fight on pokemon diamond or pokemon battle revolution???
pbr fc-2792-9122-3762
pd-2535-0220-9783
pm me asap(as soon as possible) so we can battle

wakachamo
December 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
No. This is considered by many as the forth generation of systyems. The rudeness is not appreciated at all, especially since it was unprovoked.

Simply because something is considered to be true "by many" does not necessarily mean it's not filled with lies. I am not trying to be rude here, and you know it. I was simply correcting something that has since become a common mistake.

Kayke™
December 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Key word -- "systems". People starting counting "generations" of gaming after competition amongst consoles arose. Sure, you could call it the seventh generation technically, but that doesn't necessarily mean one is right and one is wrong. If that's how you look at things, better change your outlook on things, people won't accept it.

Not trying to be mean -- just throwing that out there.

And for the record, Revolution ain't that ugly. There are still some ugly N64 generation Pokemon in the game, such as Lickitung, but others like Blastoise and Arcanine have been vastly improved -- but the only thing that I don't feel was needed is the darn blur effect, or the chugging of the framerate during close combat or focus blast. I see what you mean though. It doesn't quite meet the bar like Galaxy does from a graphical standpoint. It doesn't push the Wii really at all.

carter756978
December 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
It might just be an "add on" for diamond and pearl but you get 3D battles and you can do random battles over wifi which is always good (especially when you own people that use ubers)

sims796
December 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Simply because something is considered to be true "by many" does not necessarily mean it's not filled with lies. I am not trying to be rude here, and you know it. I was simply correcting something that has since become a common mistake.

No matter how you dress it up, that is rude. You could have easily have left that line out.

It is, technically, the seventh gen. It is commonly referred to as 4th gen because the NES/SNES marked the start of actual huge console support.

Also, don't tell me that EVERYONE ELSE but you is wrong on this matter. Sure, you are techically right, but it isn't that common of a mistake. Obviously, there is a reason why every Game magazine, TV show, Ad, etc. says that this is fourth Gen. Bishook explained it quite well. Maybe you should learn the reasoning why people call it Fourth Gen, rather then telling me to "Know My Facts", and that its full of lies. Or word yourself as to not sound arrogant. Not that you are, but thats how you come off.

Kayke™
December 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Okay -- sims796 wins, now let's drop it. Don't be ignorant and respect everybody on the forum, you above most people should know that wakachamo, seeing as you were once a moderator.

sims796
December 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Umm, thanks?

Key word -- "systems". People starting counting "generations" of gaming after competition amongst consoles arose. Sure, you could call it the seventh generation technically, but that doesn't necessarily mean one is right and one is wrong. If that's how you look at things, better change your outlook on things, people won't accept it.

I don't mid him argueing, but "Know your Facts" is arrogant-especially when I had a valid & agreeable point he left out.

Not trying to be mean -- just throwing that out there.

And for the record, Revolution ain't that ugly. There are still some ugly N64 generation Pokemon in the game, such as Lickitung, but others like Blastoise and Arcanine have been vastly improved -- but the only thing that I don't feel was needed is the darn blur effect, or the chugging of the framerate during close combat or focus blast. I see what you mean though. It doesn't quite meet the bar like Galaxy does from a graphical standpoint. It doesn't push the Wii really at all.

This is what I mean. This is 4th Gen. Or Seventh. Whatever. Point is, there should be NO N64 graphics. Or no step back at all. They just got lazy this version. I know the Wii isn't meant for graphics, but still. There's a line. If Galaxy looks so beautiful, why not PBR?

My points in bold. Sorry I missed you. Got a bit heated.

Bishopk
December 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Bishook

If that were my name, I would thank you :P
But yeah, I try to be polite. Thanks for noticing, slipms741

.Vaporeon
December 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I'm going to get a moderator to close this as there are people here arguing

Burzes
December 11th, 2007, 09:40 PM
u can caoture palika and dalika:t013:and battle in a collosum:)
No offense but your spelling kinda sucks.

In addition to what the poster said. The wii and PBR are good. If you look on youtube and search for "Gamestop pokemon tournament" your going to see some videos that are exactly what PBR is about. Battling! :)

Waker of Chaos
December 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I have made a decison guys i decided to get an XBOX 360 instead of a nintenod wii

Nintendo Wii > Sony PlayStation 3 > XBox 360

So this decision of yours is, I'm sorry to say, incredibly stupid. Nintendo has truly awesome games for everyone, PS3 has Sonic and (soon) Final Fantasy, which are without a doubt some of the best video game series ever, and what does XBox have?

Too many buttons and a crap game about some idiot in a spacey, shiny suit and a gun. Whee.

Anyway, Pokémon Battle Revolution is great for battling, though that's about it. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is better than previous posters have given it credit for (I bet you haven't even played it), The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is truly legendary (no pun intended), Sonic and the Secret Rings is great, we're getting NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams in about a week (that'll be incredible), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out on February 10th, which isn't all that long (even though it has that moron Snake in it).

XBox = Fail

Nintendo = Awesome

Got it memorized? :P

carter756978
December 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
i have to disagree Xbox 360 i a brilliant console for the older generation (it mainly has shooting games) and is definetly better than ps3 no matter what. Wii is for the younger generation that like easy games. So i'ld say Wii and 360 are as good as each other but ps3 should have never been created

Kayke™
December 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Wii, is by far the best next-gen console...
360 is the most balanced...
And PS3 phails epicly. If it didn't have MGS4 or FF13, no one would care about it.

Just my opinion. xD I hate 360, but I've got to admit it's a better console than PS3. And then there's Wii, which is miles ahead of both.

Kittyipawd
December 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
may i ask something because im the exact case as umbreon

can you put seals on a pokeball in battle rev and also can your pokemon win a ribbon for beating all of the colloseums?

Dogod
December 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Nintendo Wii > Sony PlayStation 3 > XBox 360

So this decision of yours is, I'm sorry to say, incredibly stupid. Nintendo has truly awesome games for everyone, PS3 has Sonic and (soon) Final Fantasy, which are without a doubt some of the best video game series ever, and what does XBox have?

Too many buttons and a crap game about some idiot in a spacey, shiny suit and a gun. Whee.

Anyway, Pokémon Battle Revolution is great for battling, though that's about it. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is better than previous posters have given it credit for (I bet you haven't even played it), The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is truly legendary (no pun intended), Sonic and the Secret Rings is great, we're getting NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams in about a week (that'll be incredible), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out on February 10th, which isn't all that long (even though it has that moron Snake in it).

XBox = Fail

Nintendo = Awesome

Got it memorized? :P
I don't think so. Wii = awesome, but XBox = also a great console
And PS3 = major fail

Nintendo Wii > XBox 360 >>>> Sony PlayStation 3
And I only say that because of the price of the 360, which is larger than the Wii. Halo 3 is a great game, too, but Super Mario Galaxy is also a great game. As far as I can tell, the PS3 doesn't have any good games, and the price is ridiculous!

Also, I know 10 people who have a Wii (not including me) 2 who have a 360, and 0 who have a PS3. In fact, everyone I know hates it as much as I do.

Waker of Chaos
December 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
There are only three problems with the PS3. First, the graphics on the PS2 and earlier games is worse than on the PS2. Second, putting in Blu-Ray technology was a mistake, because it's too early for that kind of thing to be in a video game console and it's not as common as DVDs. Finally, they don't have the Final Fantasy XIII games out yet.

There are MORE than three problems with the XBox 360. There are too many buttons on the controller, making it confusing to play at all. Its best game is Halo, which really sucks. It's more expensive than the Wii (granted, the PS3 shares this, but it would have been cheaper than the XBox if not for the Blu-Ray). The control schemes offered by the games on the XBox 360 are terrible. Most of the buttons you don't even bother using, and are therefore unnecessary. And the PS3 has better graphics anyway.

And don't get me STARTED on physical durability, because the XBox 360 will blow up in your face!

And PS3 has Sonic the Hedgehog, and it's MUCH easier to control on the PS3 than on the XBox 360. The PS3 will be getting that Keyblade Wars thing soon, too.

usami
December 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Congrats to all of those who thought it smart to discuss how much better [insert] is than [insert] in a thread that is quite unrelated to such discussion.
I suggest you not do so again.

Also, this is getting ridiculous, and is therefore locked. Have fun.