PDA

View Full Version : PokeSpe Scanlation attempt?

Pages : [1] 2 3

minakichan
December 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Current projects:

Volume 12, chapter 1 - awaiting QC
Volume 12, chatper 2 - awaiting QC
Volume 12, chapter 3 - typesetting in progress, awaiting QC
Volume 12, chapter 4 - awaiting typesetting
Volume 12, chapter 5 - still being cleaning
Volume 12, chapter 6 - still being cleaned
Volume 12, chapter 7 - awaiting typeset
Volume 12, chapter 8 - awaiting typeset
Volume 12, chapter 9 - awaiting typeset
Volume 12, chapter 10 - still being cleaned
Volume 12, chapter 11 - still being cleaned
Volume 12, chapter 12 - still being cleaned

Volume 13 - still being translated

Volume 22 - translation done, still being cleaned.

Idiot!
December 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
I would scanslate them, its just that I have no picture editing programs. Paint vanished when my computer was attacked by a virus. Is there any website I can download picture editing programs for free?

minakichan
December 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
I would scanslate them, its just that I have no picture editing programs. Paint vanished when my computer was attacked by a virus. Is there any website I can download picture editing programs for free?

GIMP is a free alternative to Photoshop ^^ You can find it at gimp.org. The user interface takes a little getting used to, but it can still handle leveling, cleaning, and typesetting.

When you say you can scanlate, does that mean you translate as well? (Chinese, right?) If so, if you want, you could just provide the translated script and an editor can actually handle the editing and typesetting, since translation is already a pretty hefty job and it would be better time-management to divide and conquer. Thanks for your interest!

Maxim
December 3rd, 2007, 05:48 AM
minakichan, just tell me what volumes in what languages do you have

minakichan
December 3rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Hey Maxim,

I just picked up the scans that RubyNorman posted in the other topic here, so that's:

Volume 13 (Korean)
Volume 14 (Korean)
Volume 15 (Korean)
Volume 16 (Korean)
Volume 21 (Chinese)
Volume 22 (Japanese)
Volume 23 (Chinese) <-- these are watermarked and may not be useful

Yes, unfortunately, it's not going to make much sense with these rather random volumes. Volume 23 starts off FRLG, I believe. I am also not 100% sure these are all the full volumes; I just grabbed what RubyNorman had, like I said.

I have them in volume zips. If any translators step forward, I can send you the zip (since some of RubyNorman's posts were not as zips); I will start editing only when a translator commits (although since finals are coming up... I expect that editors (like myself) and translators might have a bit of a delay until the end of the Christmas season).

Thanks!

TurtleKing
December 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
If anyone has any scans, could they send some to me? I'm a PSM maniac. @_@

minakichan
December 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
TurtleKing: See RubyNorman's post in this forum section: " Pokemon scan and link in my forum (poke-mega) Vietnam" (sorry, I can't post URLs yet -_-;)

If you want zipped-up volume scans for 21-23 (since RubyNorman posted single images instead of a zip), please PM me. If this is the case, I would also like the ask the favor that you rename them for me to make them more organized ^^;

Idiot!
December 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
This is a sample. (http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n163/trainer-card-maker/dsklfm.png) If the words doesn't fit, it's because in the original language, the words fit.

minakichan
December 4th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cool, great job, StarLatias!

I cleaned up the scan as best as I could-- at 72 dpi and such low dimensions, there wasn't much else I could do. I also made the words fit as closely as possible. Scanlation suggestions are welcome-- also translation suggestions: should we used Chuang Yi names or Japanese names for original characters? English or Japanese Pokemon and place names?

In the future, StarLatias, if you just want to post a script, I (or another volunteer editor) can do all the image editing for you instead ^^ saves times and effort.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
December 4th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hey Maxim,

I just picked up the scans that RubyNorman posted in the other topic here, so that's:

Volume 13 (Korean)
Volume 14 (Korean)
Volume 15 (Korean)
Volume 16 (Korean)
Volume 21 (Chinese)
Volume 22 (Japanese)
Volume 23 (Chinese) <-- these are watermarked and may not be useful

Yes, unfortunately, it's not going to make much sense with these rather random volumes. Volume 23 starts off FRLG, I believe. I am also not 100% sure these are all the full volumes; I just grabbed what RubyNorman had, like I said.

I have them in volume zips. If any translators step forward, I can send you the zip (since some of RubyNorman's posts were not as zips); I will start editing only when a translator commits (although since finals are coming up... I expect that editors (like myself) and translators might have a bit of a delay until the end of the Christmas season).

Thanks!

Hey Minaki-chan, if you could PM maybe volume 13 and 14 (Don't need to do it all at once for times sake,) with whatever skill I got, I'll try to fix those up. I could definitely shrink em if needed though. It might be harder for me to translate them...

minakichan
December 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Kitori: Vol 13-16 were actually posted as zips by RubyNorman, so I'll just give you those links:
http://philongxp.anustudy.com/pokemegasite/[Poke-mega.org]13.zip http://philongxp.anustudy.com/pokemegasite/[Poke-mega.org]14.zip

Thanks for volunteering to help! I think just levelling and re-orienting and basic cleaning should be finel if you also want to remove Korean SFX and text, go for it. I'm not sure what you mean by "shrinking," seeing as these are already very low-res scans. Hope we can get a KRN translator now~

lalalagirl
December 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
haha i'm korean... but i'm very bad at it -_-; and thanks again for trying to help everyone! if i had any skill or anything i would help too... :(

pigeon-wing
December 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
If someone supplied me with scans and translations, I would be more than happy to help with editing. :)

I thought this might be a nice resource to share with anyone else interested in editing: The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga. (http://edit.unblessed.net/)

minakichan
December 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, so far we don't have any real committed translators, but a few editors. (And thanks for the link-- I read it before, but I totally forgot about it ^^)

Um, so, if you want scans, I can go ahead and supply some, but I feel really wary about doing that considering that we don't have the translators lined up for this project yet.

pigeon-wing
December 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Well, for now I can at least do things like leveling, cleaning, etc. so as to save some time, at least until translators pop up, and it'll let me get some practice in, too. Plus, I'll be back to dial up in around two days, so it would be easier for me to download them now rather than later. :3

minakichan
December 12th, 2007, 12:57 PM
=D All right, if you want to go ahead and level and remove text, feel free to do so. Thank you so much! I would just like to warn you that it's possible that we might NOT get translators, but let's cross our fingers. I'm wondering if I should start asking people outside of PC?

So, I have 13-16 and 21-23; not sure if any of it is complete. Kitori is working on 13 and 14; I don't know how she is progressing. Out of the stuff left, do you have a preference?
Thanks again!!

pigeon-wing
December 12th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm partial to the Ruby/Sapphire saga, so I'd love to do 21-23. :3

And if no translators show up, at least we'll have pretty raws for everyone! :3 And I do think that reaching outside of PC is a good idea. I'd help, but I'm not really a part of any other Pokemon communities besides this one ._.;

minakichan
December 12th, 2007, 06:26 PM
OK, pigeon-wing, 21-23 are posted here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfb85c 21
http://www.sendspace.com/file/64389b 22
http://www.sendspace.com/file/64389b 23.
Please note that 22 is not yet organized; sorry about that! I also think that 23 might not be complete >_>; But I'm not sure; I just grabbed these from RubyNorman and zipped them up.

I've started asking around in the PokeSpe LJ comm and Bulbagarden, but no responses yet. Does anyone else know of a good place?

Also, I want to announce to anyone still reading, that I have procured volumes 10-12, in Korean! at this point, we definitely have a good reason to start, seeing as we have the volumes that everyone is looking for, so again, please, if you can translate Korean especially, we need your help!

pigeon-wing
December 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Oh, the link to Chapter 23 actually directs to Chapter 22. ^^;

minakichan
December 12th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Oops, sorry =D; http://www.sendspace.com/file/bhu9js should work.

pigeon-wing
December 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks! ^_^ You can call me Pidge. ;3

I decided to play around with them last night (instead of studying for finals, haha), so here's a sample. Feedback would be appreciated, as I'm working on a laptop and would like to know if things are too bright/dark on other monitors. :3 The first image is the original scan, and the second is the cleaned one.

I definitely won't have enough time to redraw sound effects, so I just placed the "translation" right over the text. I hope that's okay. ^^;

As for what names to use, I'd prefer the English names for locations and Pokemon, and the Chuang Yi names for people (this would mean using Red instead of Satoshi or Ash, right?).

minakichan
December 13th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Ok, Pidge =D It looks great, you did an excellent job, especially considering the quality of the scan. ^^ Concerning SFX, it's totally up to your discretion, and considering that our scans are fairly-low qual anyway, I don't think it's worth it to replace SFX anyway.

>_>; we still need translators though ^^;

I'm actually a bit more for English names and places, and Japanese names for original characters, simply because we're not Chuang Yi and aren't obligated to follow them, and I really like some of the original Japanese Pokemon nicknames, but I mean, we really don't even need to think about this until we actually find... translators... Ask around, everyone!

coolguy5
December 14th, 2007, 06:16 PM
hey i know this is like a year later...but i was wondering if i could read those scaned volumes that u have, cuz im a huge fan, i mean HUGE! anyway reply back if u can

minakichan
December 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Haha, no problem (actually, it's like 3 days later; it's still 2007 =D)

I'm just going to stick all the sendspace links here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0704yx 10
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8f5tfh 11
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ptjqwx 12
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r8l6t4 13
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6gwgmr 14
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6kawb9 15
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dv4eq9 16
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ul2yqc 17
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfb85c 21
http://www.sendspace.com/file/64389b 22
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bhu9js 23

OK, just to summarize our current situation: the following people have volunteered (or are considering volunteering) to either edit or translate PokeSpe. We actually have quite a few names, so thank you to all! (We can always use more help, of course, especially translators!)

If you see your name on the list and you can give me specifics on your situation (if you've started or when you think you can start, what your time schedule looks like, if you need formatting specs or anything, etc), please feel free to ask either by replying or PMing. Once we get general specs down, we can probably start deciding specifics like deciding name translations and such.

Editors:
kazukiPP - 10-12
Kitori - 13-14
pidge - 21-23
minakichan- whatever's left

Translators:
dandy65 - 21
StarLatias - 23
hyourinmaru10 (from LiveJournal) - 10+ (unconfirmed)

OK, kanpeki! this might just work out!!

Doctor
December 15th, 2007, 06:37 PM
As for what names to use, I'd prefer the English names for locations and Pokemon, and the Chuang Yi names for people (this would mean using Red instead of Satoshi or Ash, right?).

And Green instead of Blue!! About Red's rival, that is. He is Green and the annoying girl is Blue. Felt so wrong to read Pokémon Adventures, where things were the opposite way... ^^'
Hope you'll pull this through, sorry I can't be of help, I used to have scans of the first 7 Special in english, but i seem to have misplaced them :/

dandy65
December 16th, 2007, 03:14 AM
And Green instead of Blue!! About Red's rival, that is. He is Green and the annoying girl is Blue. Felt so wrong to read Pokémon Adventures, where things were the opposite way... ^^'
Hope you'll pull this through, sorry I can't be of help, I used to have scans of the first 7 Special in english, but i seem to have misplaced them :/

Are you sure? The main 3 English versions of Pokemon is Red and Blue and Yellow, THEN Green. In addition, Wikipedia says Gary is blue and the Pokemon games have Gary as Blue for default name...

Doctor
December 16th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Are you sure? The main 2 English versions of Pokemon is Red and Blue and Yellow, THEN Green. In addition, Wikipedia says Gary is blue and the Pokemon games have Gary as Blue for default name...

Hm. I know. Well, perhaps we should put up a poll about it? ^^
The japanese manga has "Gary" as Green because their first games were Red and Green, of course. In most fan-circles i've seen, "Gary" is Green.
But in this project here, it's probably up to you and the translators to decide what works best! If not a poll...

dandy65
December 16th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Hm. I know. Well, perhaps we should put up a poll about it? ^^
The japanese manga has "Gary" as Green because their first games were Red and Green, of course. In most fan-circles i've seen, "Gary" is Green.
But in this project here, it's probably up to you and the translators to decide what works best! If not a poll...

Lol no time for a Poll. I'll just follow what I'm given when I get the chinese volumes ^^ Not waste any time at all. Lol

Doctor
December 16th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Sure, time is money X) .... or something like that.

minakichan
December 16th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah, Gary is Green and the girl is Blue, in the original. Since this is a fan translation, I'm for sticking with that, (DGS, which scanlates Pokemon Special from the very beginning, also does Gary Green and Blue girl) but we'll see.

dandy65: Just so you know, Gary/Green in Chinese is 小茂 and Blue/girl is 小藍, 藍 as in blue. If you need the other characters' Chinese name, I can give them to you, or they're on Bulbapedia. You can feel free to translate however you like ^^ if people want it to be switched, we can switch it in the editing process.

Mileyangel
December 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Ha, ha.... random problem....

On the website it says that I can't download more than one thing at a time, even whem I'm not downloading anything. Can somebody help?

minakichan
December 16th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Sendspace is giving you problems? Hm, I've never had that happen to me before. Are you sharing IPs with someone else? Otherwise, the only suggestions I can think of are restarting the browser or the computer.

If the problem persists, PM me and I can find some other way to get whatever volumes you need to you.

pigeon-wing
December 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Well, I got 5 or 6 pages done in two days, but I had to take a break to move out of my dorm on Friday, hang out with the family, etc. I'll resume cleaning tomorrow, though. :3

kazukiPP
December 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I got 2 first chapters of vol 10 cleaned, when I got 4 chapters, I´ll post them for translators and start the project. ^^

minakichan
December 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Awesome =D You guys are great!!

I'm going to be out of town/out of country pretty soon, until next year, but when I get back, I'm going to try to scan the volume 19 and 20 I have in Chinese, and start editing on those =D Hope I can do it without killing the book. I'm also going to try to hardcore recruit Korean translators at that time.

benji
December 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I can help translate a couple of the Chinese volumes. (Like you, I'm fluent in speaking Chinese, but can't really read all that well... but I'm willing to help anyways.) I'm also capable of doing some editing work (with Photoshop). No personal preference as for which volumes, but I'm not very familiar with the Ruby/Sapphire arc. I'm new on this forum (was surprised to find such a good username available!), so this is also my first post! Yay for me! ^_^

minakichan
December 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
^^ Awesome, thanks benji, and welcome! We currently have 2 different Chinese translators working on the only 2 Chinese volumes we have, and we also have 4 editors now, already working on cleaning scans, but we can always use more help! Volume 15-17 are not being worked on right now, but these are Korean scans and we currently don't have a Korean translator, so I don't know if you would want to work on those.

You could always work on QC, translation adaption, or something similar as well! Just tell me what you're interested in!

Mileyangel
December 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Never mind, guys. Sendspace is okay now. Just my mom's computer being "difficult" again ^_^

benji
December 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I suppose it might be fun to work in QC -- though I don't know how high to put our standards.

EDIT: Is anyone translating Volume 22 from Japanese? Although I'm Chinese, I may be able to help with Japanese translations. (Nope, sorry, I don't know a thing about Korean.)

minakichan
December 19th, 2007, 09:28 PM
QC: Eh, as long as it's grammatically correct and the phrasing isn't awkward, I'm sure that's fine (and I know that my casual standards are really terrible ^^;). It's just to get a second opinion, I suppose, before the leechers download it and realize that everything is in Engrish or something =D

Actually, no one is translating volume 22! If you know Japanese, that's definitely a position we need filled!

benji
December 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
>_< Then I guess QC would be an easy job -- I'm sure we have very competent translators.

As for Japanese, I guess I could maybe first get started on Volume 22, and then when a real Japanese translator comes along, I could pass it to him/her. Just so we can get started. Wonder where I put that Japanese dictionary... hmm.

As a side note, are we naming this "scanlation group"? ^_____^

minakichan
December 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Awesome, sound great! Thank a million, benji!

Haha, we need a name, don't we... ^^ Any suggestions, anyone?! "PokeSpe Scanlation attempt group!" just doesn't cut it =D

Also, guys, I've been hunting around; I found a Thai translator who has up to volume 19, wiling to translate! I need to give an estimate on how fast we plan to have releases (once we actually, you know, get into the swing of things); how does one chapter every 2 weeks sound? Too short, reasonable, or do you guys think we can do even better? ^^

benji
December 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Cool! That's great, minakichan! (Can I just call you minaki?)

I find the filenames of the scans for volume 22 very odd -- half of the files had "v22", and half didn't... after I renamed all the files with "v22" to match the others, I found a couple duplicates. There were only 68 images left from the original 73, and they don't seem to be in order. I think we should rename these files to something neat and simple, like "pkmnsp_v22_p1.jpg". Also, when we release the final scans, they'll probably be named something like "[name of group]-pkmnsp_v22_p1.jpg", right? I would rename them, but I have no real idea what order they're supposed to be in. (Most of the pages don't even have page numbers.) Sorry, I haven't looked up where these scans came from... it's pretty late here. Maybe I could figure it out from the order they posted the links in or something.

A chapter every two weeks sounds like a reasonable goal for now. We could probably do even better, since we would have, what, four translators working at the same time? (And plus, we probably won't be releasing sequentially (like, starting from volume 10). We could maybe release a chapter from each different arc every week, or something similar.)

Name? I dunno, something cutesy? Or something cool? I'm out of ideas, gotta catch some rest. See ya.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your earlier remark about not having sorted volume 22 yet. I can probably start working on the script tomorrow. I noticed somebody else on the PokeSpecial LJ wanted to translate volume 22.

minakichan
December 20th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I really am not sure what the deal is with volume 22... I grabbed it from RubyNorman's post; I'm sorry, I should have warned you first! If you are confused about the order, the original images are in order at http://post.baidu.com/f?z=150743451&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%C9%F1%C6%E6%B1%A6%B1%B4&pn=0#sub and http://post.baidu.com/f?z=150743451&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%C9%F1%C6%E6%B1%A6%B1%B4&pn=50 (I think it was just a small section of one chapter that wasn't in the right place).

Haha, this project is so crazy! We just release completely random volumes! All right, I like your plan; I guess as a group we can probably do with about one chapter a week (seeing as we have so many people in different stations), but probably two weeks as a conservative estimate for the different arcs we're doing at each time.

=D

Maxim
December 20th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I really am not sure what the deal is with volume 22... I grabbed it from RubyNorman's post; I'm sorry, I should have warned you first! If you are confused about the order, the original images are in order at http://post.baidu.com/f?z=150743451&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%C9%F1%C6%E6%B1%A6%B1%B4&pn=0#sub and http://post.baidu.com/f?z=150743451&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%C9%F1%C6%E6%B1%A6%B1%B4&pn=50 (I think it was just a small section of one chapter that wasn't in the right place).

Haha, this project is so crazy! We just release completely random volumes! All right, I like your plan; I guess as a group we can probably do with about one chapter a week (seeing as we have so many people in different stations), but probably two weeks as a conservative estimate for the different arcs we're doing at each time.

=D

But these scans are not only sucky-quality, they are also INCOMPLETE. If we want to do Vol22, then I suggest rescanning.

benji
December 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM

=D

>_< I agree, that would be kinda crazy.

But it wouldn't be fair for the silly little leechers if we withhold a chapter or volume because we're waiting to release the previous chapter or volume. (Although it would be more "professional", I suppose.)

But these scans are not only sucky-quality, they are also INCOMPLETE. If we want to do Vol22, then I suggest rescanning.

Hmm... I did find a couple missing pages. I can just figure out the order of the pages and start translating from those scans, though. We can edit the script onto some better raws.

EDIT: If we need someone to ask for scans, I notice hyorinmaru10 on on the Pokemon Special LJ had a copy of volume 22. (Although he might not want to scan his book -- people are very protective of their manga. ^^)

Ryousha
December 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Seems like an awesome project xD.

if you guys release volumes. try putting them in megaupload, rapidshare, 4shared.

because sendspace always cuts me off .

minakichan
December 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
>< OK, the volume 22 scans do not seem that great. >_> We can definitely still work with them as an LQ release (we're all desparate!), but benji, it's up to you if you want to stick with them or not. The majority of it is still there, so I suppose it's still workable.

Also, since KazukiPP just provided volume 10 Chuang Yi scans (thank you so much!), we are going to go straight to volume 11 then! Obviously, kazukiPP, you don't need to clean volume 10 anymore; sorry if you've already done a lot of work on it ;__;.

Speaking of volume 11, Hyourinmaru10 on LJ is graciously working on translation! She originally was working on volume 10, but now we will go on to volume 11, as I've said. Yosh!

benji
December 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Seems like an awesome project xD.

if you guys release volumes. try putting them in megaupload, rapidshare, 4shared.

because sendspace always cuts me off .
Thanks, man! I'm sure we'll be able to upload them to multiple sites.

>< OK, the volume 22 scans do not seem that great. >_> We can definitely still work with them as an LQ release (we're all desparate!), but benji, it's up to you if you want to stick with them or not. The majority of it is still there, so I suppose it's still workable.
You know, the order was so horrible, I just decided to work from that Baidu post you sent me. The resolution isn't very good... I can't recognize some of the kanji. (I'm sure someone actually fluent in Japanese could probably infer the kanji from the context.)

Not sure what names to use, and whether to use Japanese suffixes, etc. For example, I'm guessing we're going with "Courtney" instead of "Kagari", and we're not attaching suffixes (e.g. "Courtney-san"), right? I believe you already stated we wouldn't be using the Chuang Yi names in an earlier post.

I'm also doing the SFX. Do you want them just romanized, like "zuruzuruzuru" or translated, like "SFX: Dragging" or "(dragging)"?

Do I only need to provide the bare basics (just the lines) or should I also describe the panels/arrangement/talk bubbles? That would greatly help the editors in figuring out what text goes where.

Sorry, so many questions, but I don't want to make a mistake. I'm currently doing chapter 262 (the first chapter in volume 22), but it might be odd for our first release to be in the middle of the Ruby/Sapphire saga -- not all people already know the entire story, you know. Maybe I should wait until somebody does volume 15. ^^

minakichan
December 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
@everyone: Hyourinmaru10 has translated the dialogue for chapters 130-131 (1-2 of volume 11)! I'm going to be out of the country for the next week, so I can't really coordinate it until I get back, but the translation is attached! KazukiPP is assigned to do the cleaning for volume 11, but I don't know the progress of that.

@kazukiPP: Speaking of which ^^ we're ready for editing! have you started on volume 11? If not, when do you think you can get around to it? Well, if you haven't started by the time I get back from my trip, I can take over a little for you (typesetting at the very least) until you have more time freed up or something ^^

@benji: I'm conducting a poll in another topic; we'll see how people's preferences are, and apply them. As for SFX, I think romanizing onomatopoeia makes sense (since "dragging" is not a sound ^^), but for non-onomatopoeia Japanese SFX like "niko," can you translate them into English (since "smile" does not actually make a sound)?
As for the formatting, editors can probably figure out what's going on with just the lines, but if you think that including descriptions would be really helpful, and if it's not too much trouble, go ahead ^^ Thanks for all your hard work!

benji
December 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
^^ Thanks! For the SFX, I guess something like "whoosh" would make more sense, instead of "SFX: dragging (heavy object)". Most people wouldn't understand what "zuruzuruzuru" actually means, so I don't think we should use that. (Although I guess it all comes to our intended audience -- if we're aiming for total beginners, then it would make more sense to use "whoosh" or "boom" and english names, right? If our audience is all hardcore Pokemon Special fans, we can use japanese names and suffixes, as well as just simply romanizing the onomatopoeia/etc.)

Merry Christmas, all! ^______^

Ryousha
December 24th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Merry Christmas Eve XD.

Anyways I'm only good for cleaning scans like i did for my friends : /.

shewholovespineapples
December 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Looks like you guys have enough help, but if you still need it... I can't actually *translate* anything, but I have the Chuang Yi versions of all the volumes through 24 (still saving for 25), so if this would be OK, I could help edit by just adapting whatever the Chuang Yi version said...

Death_Machine
December 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
omg finnaly somebody is making a "Real" pokespe translation attempt... for korean translators, try searching on some korean forum. good luck guys.. rly

omni89
December 29th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone! First of all I would like to say that I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season wherever you may be. Second, I'm here to say that I've been following this forum for a few months and I that I was stoked to find a manga about Pokemon that does the series justice as far creating an engaging and interesting story; no offense to people who like the anime. When I saw that you all were starting a scanlation project I had just finished reading volume 9 (just read 10) and wanted to do whatever I could to make it happen. Unfortunately I lack the language and Photoshoping skills to help as far as editing and translating go, but I think there is one thing I could do. I am somewhat of a good writer and would be more than willing to look over the script (for lack of a better word) of each chapter and try to give it some extra zing while remaining faithful to the situations being portrayed and the names of people and places that everyone decides on; a touch of of english but remaining faithful to the source material so that to english speakers it could read smooth like "Harry Potter" if you get what I'm saying. That's just one of my ideas and if you guys/girls can think of anyway I can be of help to this project please feel free to let me know!

minakichan
January 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, back from my trip.

@omni89: That would be great. There's actually a position for that-- QC, or quality control-- which you can certainly help out with before we release. I can send you betas when scanlation drafts are done.

Because Kitori is going to post volumes 16-19 Chuang Yi, we're going to be dropping those; we'll focus on volumes 11-15, 20+.

Editors: can I get y'all's progress on anything? Right now we need priority scan cleaning on volume 11, please tell me if you can start on that. I am going to be AWOL (again) until January 11; have to work on a manga contest, after which I promise I'm going to get down to work cleaning and typesetting. Sorry for those of you looking forward to this; hopefully we can get a first release in a couple of weeks.

omni89
January 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Excellent, count me in mina (if you don't mind me calling you that)! Just let me know what you want done and when via email.

Junky56
January 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I've been thinking for a while... and I want to join this project of Translating. I can speak/write fluent Korean as well as English so If u want, Mina you can upload pokemon manag in korean, I will download it and I might just translate it or even might use paint to type the words in myself. So yeh, count me in... as long as I get credit =P

benji
January 3rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
@Junky56: Great! She already posted links to a bunch of Korean volumes (see the bottom of page 1).

However, I think you should check with her first before doing any work, to make sure the volume you're translating isn't already being done by somebody else. ^^

(And I think "minaki-chan" is referring to the Japanese name of Eusine, am I correct?)

@minaki-chan: I might be getting volumes 25-27 (in Japanese -- yes, the emphasis is needed, to avoid being overrun by random people asking for scans), which haven't been released by Chuang Yi yet. I don't know about the other companies translating to Korean or Chinese, but it might be cool if we can do those volumes first. Just a thought. ^^

Maxim
January 4th, 2008, 07:02 AM
@minaki-chan: I might be getting volumes 25-27 (in Japanese -- yes, the emphasis is needed, to avoid being overrun by random people asking for scans), which haven't been released by Chuang Yi yet. I don't know about the other companies translating to Korean or Chinese, but it might be cool if we can do those volumes first. Just a thought. ^^

Yes, It would be cool. Scan Japanese if you can.

Every readable (referring to quality, not language) scan is like a gold for us.

Thanks in advance.

benji
January 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I know how it feels. >_< Scan deprivation! (Maybe I should get volume 22 as well.)

minakichan
January 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
@Junky56: Thanks so much for your offer! I've PM'd the volumes to you (although they're also in this topic ^^); if you can't use sendspace, just tell me. Right now, Hyourinmaru10 is translating volume 11 (she has the first two chapters of it translated, and is working on the third); if you like, you can work on volume 12-15, or round off the rest of 11 ^^.

@benji: ...Have I ever mentioned how absolutely amazing you are? That would be great!

benji
January 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks -- still not sure if I'd want to scan them, but I'll try. Maybe somebody else's scans will suddenly crop up. I'll translate some of them, though. If I do scan them, we might also need some other Japanese translators.

It looks like this project is getting pretty popular! >_< By the way, is anyone editing yet on the chapters hyourinmaru10 translated?

Junky56
January 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Alright. I will start working on volume 12 right now. I should translate page by page right? And I just up load and someone edits it in ?

EDIT: I'm having trouble downloding volume 12 =\

EDITEDIT: It seems that I might have trouble with city names... Whoever's editing, will have to make changes to which city that they are talking about... Also some of the character's names...

benji
January 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'll download it and reupload it for you on mediafire.

EDIT: Here it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6lkw14v45y2
Volume 12

Heh, I had to make a couple more posts to reach 15 posts so I could post links. ><

As for names, we're having a poll in another thread.

Junky56
January 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry for double posting. But this is the first 3 pages of Vol 12. This took me around 2 mins. Anyway, I'm just posting to see if you guys like the format that i'm doing it in. The speech bubbles from left to right btw

Volume 12
Chapter 143

Page 1

1. Greetings to all our listerners,
2. It’s me, <insert her name>

3. We are on our way to <Earth Town> to visit their gym
4. However, the trip’s going to be rough. Currently, the Pokemon Corp <inser that guy with glasses’s name here> is accompanying us

5. Whoa!
6. Are you okay sir?

7. I’m f..fine..
8. Let’s shoot that again

9. Ugh at this rate, we never going to get to the gym
10. Seriously, what kind of place do they have the gym in?

11. Oy, are you alright?

Page 2

12. How the hell do you think I’m alright?
13. Our crew’s full of men but why is a weak girl like me chosen?

14. We are finally here, the <Earth Town>’s Gym.

Page 3

15. It’s odd that they built a gym in this underground place.
16. Not only that, the building’s made out of Ice

17. Brrr… it’s chilly
18. I’m so glad our gym’s in inner city

19. Come here <insert her name>
20. This is the infamous Ice Dome Gym! I have never seen it with my eyes before!

21. What kind of person would live here?
22. I reckon

23. Leon is the Gym Leader here and he doesn’t like socialising much. He doesn’t even have phone line installed

Btw Ty Benji altho I did get sendspace to work.

I will finsh at least 4 or 5 chapters by this weekend

benji
January 4th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Wow, thanks! This is awesome! As for the format, I like the way you're doing it (but I'm unimportant ^^). Might want to be careful of words like "hell", etc, though. But, wow, you're fast! I think somebody volunteered to edit on volume 12...

P.S. Maybe next time you could simply attach the text file, so as not to clutter up the thread. ^^

Junky56
January 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Alright, I will make the manga G rated =D So yeh I should just attach a text file?

benji
January 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I don't know about that one, as I'm not the one in charge here, but I'm pretty sure it would be better to attach a text file. Thanks for all your work!

omni89
January 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Did I hear "editing"?

Junky: If you want to do it all yourself that's cool and I won't bother you but I would be more than happy to edit the scripts for each chapter that you, and anyone else for that matter, translate.

benji and minakichan: If you would like me to edit please let me know when translations for each chapter have been completed and provide me links to the translated scripts as well as the original scans (foreign language or cleaned, I'm not picky so whatever is easier for you to provide). Thanks and I hope I can be of help to this great project!

Junky56
January 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Well, at first I thought I was would edit as well but I realised that it will take a long time to edit them so I guess I can only translate and attach the script on a text file =P

benji
January 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Well, according to minakichan's post (http://pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3172655&postcount=24), the editor for volume 12 was supposed to be KazukiPP, and he was last active... today. I don't know if he still wants to do it or not -- perhaps somebody should PM him. I'm sure he'd let omni89 do volume 12 if he hasn't already started.

Junky56
January 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM
But that's just the editors and not the translators?

benji
January 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
That post was from a while ago, so it doesn't include any "new" recruits like us. ^^

Junky56
January 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I should really be finished with Vol 12 by 2moz night. I'ts just that I havne't been able to work on it for more than 30 mins today because of some tight schedule. Anyway, after this, Should i work on vol 11 because Hyourimaru is uncofrmed? This question is directed at Minakichan = D

For now, I will upload the 1.5 chapter translation I've done. I'm just uplodaing it so that the editors can be up to date as much as possible.

I forgot to mention... but... I really want Gary to be Blue and the girl to be Green like the way it's suppose to be... Cuz I always remembered it as that their name tells you what they are weak against.

Red <<< Charizard
Blue <<< Wartortle
Green <<< Venusaur

minakichan
January 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM
OHKAY. One day later, and this topic explodes. Y'all are amazing. Clearly, I need to get one more than once in 24 hours.

Orders of business:
-kazukiPP was to edit volume 11, but I haven't heard from him in a while and he hasn't responded to my PMs for a week or so. At this point, because we are ready for scanlation, I am going to say that anyone who would like to get started on cleaning scans for volume 11 is more than welcome to, or rather, if you can, please volunteer! (Again, I can't get to work on it til Jan 11, sorry TT_TT;)
-Hyourinmaru10 IS confirmed on translating volume 11 (I am e-mailing her now to check progress and such), and the translations of the first two chapters is in a text file attached to the last post on page 2 of this topic. I have looked over it, but omni89, if you would like, can you give it a more thorough edit/read-through?
-Junky89, thanks so much for your hard work, and so quickly! Your formatting is great; however, in the future, can you also include the names of the characters speaking each piece of dialogue, just to make it easier to read? Thanks! Attached text files are great. omni89, the translations are open for edits~
-I'm pretty much definitely for Green guy Blue girl, and I think most people are. The poll doesn't really have enough responses to determine what we're going to do specifically, so I'd like to open up discussion. Personally, I prefer as much authenticity as possible, but at the same time, because we're releasing to English-speaking audiences, we need to cater to them as well. I'm for keeping English Pokemon, place, item, etc names-- anything that can be found in the games keeps its English name-- but characters specific to PokeSpe keep Japanese names, and nicknames adapt the English Pokemon name with the Japanese nicknaming scheme. What do you think?

Maxim
January 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
but characters specific to PokeSpe keep Japanese names, and nicknames adapt the English Pokemon name with the Japanese nicknaming scheme. What do you think?

NO! I hate mixing Japanese names with English names.

For PokeSpecial-specific characters, you have to use Chuang Yi's names. And for Pokemon nicknames too (but please use Viz's names for Yellow's Pokemon)

AND NO FAN-NAMING!

It has to be corrected Chuang Yi.

benji
January 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
-I'm pretty much definitely for Green guy Blue girl, and I think most people are. The poll doesn't really have enough responses to determine what we're going to do specifically, so I'd like to open up discussion. Personally, I prefer as much authenticity as possible, but at the same time, because we're releasing to English-speaking audiences, we need to cater to them as well. I'm for keeping English Pokemon, place, item, etc names-- anything that can be found in the games keeps its English name-- but characters specific to PokeSpe keep Japanese names, and nicknames adapt the English Pokemon name with the Japanese nicknaming scheme. What do you think?

I can go with having English names (since most of the people on these forums use the English names) for characters from the games, while keeping the Japanese names for original characters, but again, perhaps many of the people on these forums have read various scans of Chuang Yi manga and are used to those names... not too sure. I don't see any reason why we would give them fan-names. Not quite my issue, but that's my point of view. ^^

Junky56
January 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Ok, from now on, I will add who's saying what on places where it's bit unclear who's speaking. Expect the whole volume done by tonight

Maxim
January 5th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, from now on, I will add who's saying what on places where it's bit unclear who's speaking. Expect the whole volume done by tonight

You're translating the volume from Korean, right?

Do you have any problems with names? I can give you English-Korean Reference for things like people, towns, or Pokemon. I know Korean names (I got through the Korean Version of Gold, FYI). And I love Hangul.

Junky56
January 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM
If you can find me a site with Korean to English translation, that would be very helpful instead of me just going <insert that ____'s name here> =P

Yes, I'm doing from Korean to English

EDIT: Ok.. Major Issue... The thing is... I had two copies of the project right. One on my USB and the other on the computer... However, I accdientally ovrewrote the newone with the old one, taking me back to page 22 from page 76... Sorry about that >_< This might be quite a setback...

benji
January 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear about that... I often lose work like that, too. Sometimes I get so worked up on doing something, and I forget to save it at all! Then the computer crashes and I lose everything. (Note that I was using a Mac, and macs aren't supposed to crash! Or at least that's what they say...)

Anyways, as for Korean-to-English translation, I can't help you there, but you could try searching up the names here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/

Or ask Maxim. ^^

omni89
January 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks minakichan! I can work with these, but if it is possible could you have someone send me scans to go along with the translations? I am not trying to be picky or annoying, I just think that having them will help me to better understand what is going on by allowing me to see the action; when I can see what's going on it helps me to immerse myself in that world if you know what I'm saying. Case in point it: I think it could make the edits great so please let me know ASAP, and I guess if anything else comes up I'll post or PM you.

benji
January 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Minakichan uploaded all the (foreign-language) scans we have onto sendspace; she posted all the links here:
http://pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3172655&postcount=24

If you can't get sendspace to work, I can upload them somewhere else tomorrow morning. (I live in California, and it's raining elephants and whales outside! >_<)

Junky56
January 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I've finshed the 38th page of Vol 12 =S

Anyway, I guess the loss isn't so bad considering I do'nt think any1's editing right now so it's not like they won't have anything to work on because well... they havent' started yet...

@ omni, I would just dl all the volumes and download the translation text files as they come out

For now, I will post the up to 38th page

Maxim
January 6th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I've finshed the 38th page of Vol 12 =S

Anyway, I guess the loss isn't so bad considering I do'nt think any1's editing right now so it's not like they won't have anything to work on because well... they havent' started yet...

@ omni, I would just dl all the volumes and download the translation text files as they come out

For now, I will post the up to 38th page

Good Translation. I will give you the list of things that appeared so far.

Hodu (호두) = DJ Mary
Earth Village (황토마을) = Mahogany Town
The "Glasses Guy" = Pokemon Association Chairman. He doesn't have a name.
Kkokdu (꼭두) = Whitney
Golden City (금빛시티) = Goldenrod City
Ryu-ong (류옹) = Pryce (not Leon!)
Pi (삐) = Cleffa
Pupurin (푸푸린) = Igglybuff
Milktank (밀탕크) = Miltank
Hoyle (호일) = Bugsy
Kkukkuri (꾸꾸리) = Swinub (that pig Pokemon)
Rubdo (루브도) = Smeargle (that paint Pokemon)
Jincheong City (진청시티) = Cianwood City
"Aipalm" (에이팜) = Aipom
Gold (골드) = Gold
Eundong (은동) = Silver
Goji (고지) = Sandslash

So now, you can put the correct names. Hope it helped.

Mileyangel
January 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
^ Thanks. I was getting a little confused....

Anyway, does anybody have volumes 24+? If you did, it would be really cool if you could post the links for everybody.

chamo-chan
January 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks!
I look foreward to reading them.

Rouenne
January 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for that, pals! But are they in english yet?

minakichan
January 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
OK, it seems that Chuang Yi corrected is the most popular choice; it looks like we'll be going with that. If anyone has HUGE MAJOR OBJECTIONS, please speak now (here, or in the poll topic), or forever hold you peace. =D

Junky56 and Maxim, thanks for your hard work! I think omni89 should have enough material to start on an edited script (are the uploaded volumes working OK for you, omni?)

Junky56
January 6th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Thank u so much Maxim! Now I can fill those bloody blanks that I have left out =P

AHAH I can't believe he's name isn't Leon... Ryu-ong sounds a lot like Leon... Anyway... I will replace it with Pryce

omni89
January 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Yes mina, those scans will work just fine. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but I ask that you wait until later in the week for the edits. I know everyone really wants this project to see a release but school's just started back up again for me (senior year final semester!), and I have tests and finals this week and next, and I just finished building my first computer. Needless to say I have a lot on my plate but I am dedicated to this project and will see it through!

Death_Machine
January 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
yes good luck man, and did I say that this project is awesome!

minakichan
January 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hey guys~

So, funny story-- I had started editing and typesetting volume 11, but kazukiPP showed up and had the edits all done!! I'm working on typesetting, hope to get a beta done by tomorrow night or so!

Willer
January 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hmmm I would like to help but I can't speak anyother languange cept Portuguese Fluently. I could help with like organizing cause this si crazy!
Ok...There are places where volumes 1-9 are scanlated already like Anip and another post in this site...So we should start from Volume 10 =/

minakichan
January 11th, 2008, 07:07 PM
@Willer: we're actually starting from Volume 11, since kazukiPP posted scans of 11.

OK guys~ I have a beta on chapter 130-131; the first is attached. Note that this is a BETA, NOT a release; I'd like some QC first. Also, we probably need to think up a group name ^^ I've listed it as PokeSpe for now.

There is one main issue though-- everything has been flipped in the Korean version (left to right rather than the right to left of the original Japanese). I would like to have everything re-flipped to be more authentic; the problem is that all of the sound effects are in unflipped Korean. I can replace all of them with English SFX only if I actually know what they translate to. Junky56, can I ask you to translate the SFX for these chapters? Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you translate the character intro page and the authors' notes? It's not totally necessary, but just for completeness.

benji
January 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Great job, everyone! ^_^ Looks awesome.

Minaki-chan, I suppose you did this on a Mac (yay, I actually have thumbnails!), but all the images open in Photoshop by default. Might want to fix that.

On another note, I tried scanning a page out of volume 25. (Cool cover. ^_^) I guess it turned out OK without breaking my book... what do you guys think?

EDIT: I realize the image was too dithered (I saved in Photoshop with a 2-color palette), so I scanned another page in 8-bit greyscale. Should be a bit better.)

Willer
January 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
So you are starting 11? SWEET. I would love to help, what do you need!

EDit:
That was great. But I just noticed I havent found Volume 10 anywhere so can someone give it to me or summirize it >_<

benji
January 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Volume 10 (Chuang-Yi) was posted here by minaki-chan:

http://pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3185268&postcount=390

Willer
January 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you! So anything at all you need help with >_<?

coolguy5
January 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
hey do u have scans for poke.sp. volumes 18-20 cuz i read the rest and want to read these too

minakichan
January 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM
EDIT:: A testament to the importance of QC-- the file I just attached was missing a title AND 2 pages. It's fixed now. =)

@benji: OOPS, sorry, thanks for the catch. The attachment in that post is updated, and I attached the beta for chapter 131 in this post. Also, I took a look at your scan-- the resolution is great, and your scans are nice and straight, but the blurry gutter is going to be problematic. I know the gutter is the hardest part to scan, so if that's the best you can get (I totally understand not wanting to ruin your book!) then we'll have to settle with LQ scanlations. That's fine, considering how desperate the fandom is anyway... ^^;

@Willer: Awesome, glad you're interested in helping! Do you know how to clean scans with Photoshop, or to typeset? If we can get translations on those SFX, that would be our next priority. If not, QC (quality control) is also nice; you can look at the beta chapters that I have in these recent posts and point out any issues-- grammar, editing, typesetting, you name it-- that you have with them. ^^ Thanks for your offer!

@coolguy5: Sorry, I don't know that anyone around here has those volumes-- we're looking for them, too!

Willer
January 11th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Im not the best with cleaning but I can try, I could do the QC and whats Type Set? When you type the script into it? I coudl maybe dot hat.

benji
January 11th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Naw, it wasn't that important. And thanks for understanding. (The book is just so pretty! How could I ever even think of debinding it? ^^ *hugs book*)

The second chapter looks really good, too. (Credits page is really tasteful.) =D

Anyways, since I'm translating volume 22 (*ahem*), I guess scanning that volume would be higher priority. And some more Japanese translators wouldn't hurt. *cough*

Death_Machine
January 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I wish i could help you, i know lots of languages but not ones that will help. (if you need a french, spanish or even an arabic translator I'm here for you)

benji
January 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
@minaki-chan: I happen to like the name "PokeSpe" for our group. ^^ Just a random thought. (Poll, anyone? ><)

Im not the best with cleaning but I can try, I could do the QC and whats Type Set? When you type the script into it? I coudl maybe dot hat.

Yes, typesetting involves typing the script into the talk bubbles/balloons, etc. It would be great if you could help!

I wish i could help you, i know lots of languages but not ones that will help. (if you need a french, spanish or even an arabic translator I'm here for you)

Like Willer, you could help by editing, typesetting, cleaning, or QC'ing. The more help we have, the easier it is for all of us. ^^

Willer
January 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yes I like PokeSpe. It works. I could so do Type Setting. Sure its with Paint but I can do it! I just need the script,detailed so I know where each thing goes. I could start helping right now!

omni89
January 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I'm gone for a few days and look what happens: all this progress in the space of only 2-3 days. Well what more can I say besides great job to everyone for working so hard! Mina, I didn't have a chance to finish reading and looking over the beta before you made your corrections (lol), but for some reason I'm having trouble downloading the second; it might just be the server so I'll keep trying. Overall, I'd say that it looks fine and any edits at this point would probably be stylistic or based on personal preference. Still, I'll give a few more looks and check out chapter 2 to see if I can find any lurking issues. Omni out!

omni89
January 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Okay, here's the deal (oh and sorry for double-posting): I read the translations and betas for chapters 130 and 131 side-by-side and made some edits using script from the betas. Most of the changes I made aren't major; there more like polishes. I tried to make somethings sound better, but also keep it reasonable both length-wise and space-wise. Of course you guys don't have to use all or any of my edits, but if you like what you see then I guess everyone wins. Well let me know what you think and let's keep this project rolling!

P.S. - I like "PokeSpe" too; the duality of shortening Pokemon (Poke) and Special (Spe) works out pretty good.

Junky56
January 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Ok... Sorry for the delay but I'm very close to finishing off Volume 12... I must say... Its getting very interesting except I din't read volume 11 so I do'nt know why and how things are happaening =P

Willer
January 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
IF someone gave me the pages I could go on ahead and add the script if someone gave me that too.

minakichan
January 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
OK, things to address:

Hyourinmaru10 hasn't responded to my e-mails for a while; if she doesn't get back to me once we get these first 2 releases cemented, I'm going to go ahead and ask Junky56 to take over translating volume 11. Will that be OK?

@omni89: Have read through your rescript, and I like lots of the changes-- they definitely clarify some of the parts that were a bit too vague. I think some of them probably might not work because of speech bubble size, but I'll work on all of the ones that make real improvements to the text. Will work through changing them, and then I think we can make this a release. Still a little wary on the whole page-flipping thing, but it'll have to do for now. Does anyone know of good places to release scanlations, aside from Manga Jouhou?

@Junky56: Will work through reading your translation, thanks for your hard work~

@Willer: Currently, we don't have any new cleaned scans yet; once that comes in, you can definitely help out. If you're still interested by then, I kind of already have a method to it, so I'd like to brief you a little when the time comes, just so we can have consistency. I'm using the font Anime Ace. Do you have any program you can use aside from Paint? It's just easier if you can go back and edit quickly, and if you have more options in your font manipulation.

omni89
January 13th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Glad to be of service Mina. As far as releases go there's this forum (I guess that's a big "duh") and I guess the Serebii.net forums. The thing with them is that I don't know how partial the moderators/site owners are to scanlations or anything that skates close to the lines of legality. However, it's a huge site with plenty of partners and if they like the idea they might put it on their servers and link it to the home page(Yay!). Finally, I'm gonna be real busy this week with exams in school so I won't have time to edit again until Thursday or Friday. In the meantime I'll keep up to date with the forums so feel free to post instructions for me, PM them, or email them to me. Until next time then, and good luck with those releases!

Willer
January 13th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Anime Ace? Dont think Paint has that...how about Gimp?

minakichan
January 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Serebii.net is really, really against posting scanlations, so I'm not going to promote there. I'll go on Bulbagarden, and maybe ask some big sites like StopTazmo or whatever to help share.

OK!! I have what looks like it can be our first release! Wheeee~ I'd like to request a quick final QC, from anyone (since omni89's busy; thanks for your work!) For now, until we can get translations on all of the Korean SFX, at which point, I would like to make a re-release with everything reflipped to the original right-to-left format.

@Willer: GIMP would be infinitely better than Paint ^^ Actually, I do have a first request for you-- Can you take this file http://www.sendspace.com/file/zd10gy (kazukiPP's cleaned scans for the chapters we're about to release) and use GIMP to white out all of the Korean sound effects? I just need them to disappear, nothing fancy. Try not to white out pieces that are a part of the actual art. Once this is cleaned up, then it'll be really easy to do all of the flipping and lettering for our re-release. Thanks!

Willer
January 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
So...just take out the sound effects and nothing else? Even if they collide with the characters ? I'll try. Anyways I think we should make our own site or something for this...at least then it can be more organized. And I dont mind the left to right format really. I like it better cause thats how I read the entire series up to now.

benji
January 13th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Checked the releases, looks great! (Where did you get that font, btw? Or does it come with GIMP?) The image files still default to Photoshop on a mac, though. (No problem, I just drag them to Preview.)

Releases? Uh, just post it on this forum -- "Official Release Thread" or something. (We could include all scans/raws we have access to so far, not just our own scanslations... let's consolidate everything! ^^) Then post links here like crazy. =D

I suppose we're still going in chronological order with our releases (so far, anyways), but I am finished with a bunch of chapters from volume 22. (Started on chapter 262, though, since that's where that post on Baidu started. O.o) Couldn't finish most of them before, cause the scans weren't good enough to tell some of the kanji. But I guess we still need good scans. *coughcough*

minakichan
January 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
@Willer: Yeah, even if the SFX cover the characters, just white them out straight. I can do some repairs to them if/when I re-letter, which will hopefully be soon. I might make a site for PokeSpe, maybe when we make a few more releases.

@benji: Anime Ace can be downloaded free from blambot.com. It's a pretty common font among scanlators. I don't know why the files still open in PS... I saved them as jpgs, and the open in Preview for me... Haha, our disorganization is absolutely EPIC. A topic will be nice. As for volume 22, heck, chronology is nice, but if we can make releases ever, that's pretty good. If we have spare editors (that might be a big "if") we can make a quick LQ release, making note that the scan quality might impair the translation accuracy.

SO! Any editors around here with nothing to do? =D

Willer
January 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I just finished clearing the first chapter. Yaaay I helped...lotsa sound effects though...>_<

shinigamis
January 14th, 2008, 12:14 AM
what volumes that have been translated to english?? I can't find it T.T
sorry for my poor english, cause I'm from Indonesia
Thank's be4

pigeon-wing
January 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
So I finally have Internet again! I've been slowly working my way through volume 21. I do believe it's in Korean, so do you want me to flip the pages, Mina? I can also white-out the effects, if you'd like.

I also like the name PokeSpe. Relevant and easy to remember. :)

minakichan
January 14th, 2008, 08:22 PM
@Willer: Thanks so much~ Please post zips when you've finished.
@pidge: Welcome back! Actually, volume 21 is in Chinese-- no flipping required! We still don't have dandy65's work for that one, so volume 11 is our priority ATM; hopefully we can do something with volume 21 soon... As for SFX, go ahead and leave them in; since it's the actual Japanese SFX and is a part of the art, I don't really think that replacing them is a priority, especially since sometimes the translators don't actual deal with the SFX.

So, things we are waiting on right now:
1) translation for the rest of volume 11 (If Hyourinmaru10 doesn't contact me by Saturday, I will ask that Junky56 translate that.)
2) Korean SFX for chapters 130-131-- does anyone know of any guides for Korean onomatopoeia?
3) Cleaned scans for volume 11
4) Miscellaneous translation and editing.

Taedan
January 15th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Great work guys. I almmost lost hope that someone would scanslate the manga.

Death_Machine
January 16th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I would really like to help with editing, but it is practically impossible for me, I have LOTS of tests right now. Maybe later i would contact you and help with the editing

Vegeta_Lucas
January 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
hey guys! you´re doing a great job! thank you very much! =DDD

hey minaki... why did you put the files twice in ch1?

minakichan
January 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Huh? Sorry, what do you mean by that?

Vegeta_Lucas
January 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
i think i got it... there in the files for download you made.. we have each page twice... but actually that ones with mac something path don´t open here...

AlexGemeo
January 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
OK, I'm a bit confused. Is Green going to be "Gary" or are we calling him Blue?

benji
January 17th, 2008, 03:03 PM
"Green" is the Japanese name of the male rival from Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, and "Blue" is the girl. Those are the names we're using. ^^

Vegeta_Lucas
January 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
"Green" is the Japanese name of the male rival from Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, and "Blue" is the girl. Those are the names we're using. ^^

i think it's the best =DD

Willer
January 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Sigh...Im sorry but I just dont think I have time for the whole Erasing thing. I can certaintly do Typing, but I dont have the Font you like and I can do Quality check as well.

minakichan
January 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM
OK, I understand, Willer, thanks again anyway! Can you upload the pages that you've finished already, if you have them?

If you really want to typeset, Anime Ace is available for free at blambot.com. Typesetting still requires some work though, so if you really don't have time, we can always use QC. ^^

AlexGemeo
January 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM

OK, good.

I can help out with the typesetting/erasing.

benji
January 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Feeling helpful; Anime Ace from blambot.com. (PC TTF) ^^

QC would be easiest, I suppose, but I don't know how many other typesetters there are. (I could typeset, too, if it was really urgent or something.)

omni89
January 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hey guys! I've finally finished my exams and am ready to help out once more. Mina, from the looks of things there's quite bit going on, so if you get the chance could you maybe post a status report detailing what's going on and what needs to be done in order for another release to happen? I know you're really busy, but I think that organizing our priorities would help things go smoother and get done sooner; not to mention I would like to know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks and keep up the great work!

minakichan
January 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
OK then! Per omni89's suggestion, a summary of our current situation:

Current staff (If I forgot you, please raise your hand! If you are listed as current status unconfirmed/inactive, PLEASE tell me your current situation!)

Editors:
kazukiPP - 11-12 (active)
Kitori - 13-14 (probably inactive, since she's got her own project ^^)
pidge - 21-23 (active)

Typesetter:
minakichan - any

Translators:
dandy65 - 21 (active, current status unconfirmed)
benji - 22 (active)
StarLatias - 23 (inactive)
hyourinmaru10 (from LiveJournal) - 11+ (current status unconfirmed)
Junky56 - 12 (active)

QC:
omni89 (active)
Willer (active)

Status Report: INCLUDES UPDATES, PLEASE READ
-Currently, we are waiting for translations for the rest of chapter 11. Given that Hyourinmaru10 has not been able to answer my e-mails, I would like to ask Junky56 to take over those chapters, if at all possible. I don't like to rely on only one staff member because Real Life happens and that's not really fair, but we're running out of room here.
-I actually JUST got kazukiPP's chapter 132 cleaned scans! He's amazing, everyone, go worship his socks now, please. Obviously, we can't do anything about them without translations, but yes, major score!
-Junky56 has volume 12 translations, currently in need of a QC, if anyone's available for that~ I'll try to start editing volume 12 scans this weekend, just so that we can get a head start ^^
-I would like to make a right-to-left re-release of chapters 130-131, but that's not a huge priority. The only thing we're waiting for there is Korean SFX translations.
-benji has been working on translating volume 22; there have been some issues with the fact that the scans are blurry. If and when he finishes, we can make an LQ release off of those (it will be a very random, non-chronological release). I am not sure if the scans are worth attempting to clean at all, but pidge, if you are up to it, can you make volume 22 a higher priority than 21? If not, we will just white out dialogue and slap on text.

@Vereux0: Thanks for your offer! Currently, I'm not sure that we really have anything major that we can assign to you, considering that we're still waiting on translations, and we don't know the current status of half our staff (Real Life gets in the way); if, by a certain time, we GET translations that need work, I'll ask some help from you ^^

*takes a deep breath and a long swig of an undisclosed stimulating beverage*

benji
January 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
OK then! Per omni89's suggestion, a summary of our current situation:
Hey - nice to see some organization.

-I actually JUST got kazukiPP's chapter 132 cleaned scans! He's amazing, everyone, go worship his socks now, please. Obviously, we can't do anything about them without translations, but yes, major score!
That's awesome! *worships kazukiPP's socks*

-benji has been working on translating volume 22; there have been some issues with the fact that the scans are blurry. If and when he finishes, we can make an LQ release off of those (it will be a very random, non-chronological release). I am not sure if the scans are worth attempting to clean at all, but pidge, if you are up to it, can you make volume 22 a higher priority than 21? If not, we will just white out dialogue and slap on text.
Actually, like I said, I finished chapter 262 -- if there's someone who needs it, I'll get it to you as soon as I can get back on my laptop (which probably means tomorrow). =/

*takes a deep breath and a long swig of an undisclosed stimulating beverage*
Can I guess? Umm... Coca-cola? Or something like Monster? Or Gatorade/Powerade? (Or coffee?) ^~^

Junky56
January 18th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I've been on a holiday to Queensland for last 1 week so I wasn't able to sub any more=S I will finish and upload volume 12 by this weekend i PROMISE! And I wll also take over volume 11, if no1's available

Vegeta_Lucas
January 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM
thanks junky, you´re great, man \o/

cheering for you, since i don´t know corean and i can´t help ;__;y

omni89
January 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
All right Mina, you rock girl! Hopefully things will move along a little more smoothly now. A big thanks to both kazukiPP and Junky, both of whom's socks I will be praying to this evening (lol). Well I guess I'll just hang tight until the next chapters are ready for editing and QC. Keep up the good work everyone!

Willer
January 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I could try Typesetting too =)

How do I use Anime Ace though?

AlexGemeo
January 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I could try Typesetting too =)

How do I use Anime Ace though?

It's a font. What do you mean how do you use it?

Willer
January 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM
How do I put it on oh say...Paint?

kazukiPP
January 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Start ---> Configuration ---> Control Panel ---> Fonts.

Copy & paste "Anime Ace font" then open paint and search font and Voilá, it appeared.

Sorry if the names of options is wrong, my PC´s language is spanish xD

benji
January 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Double-click (or drag to your Fonts folder) to install the font. Then, in Paint, with the Text tool, bring up the font face/size/style toolbox and select your desired font. (Not too clear, I don't have a Windows computer handy, but this should get you started.) ^^

Willer
January 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I cant find a font folder T_T

benji
January 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Have you tried double-clicking the font file and using Font Book or Font Viewer or whatever to install the font?

minakichan
January 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Willer: Thanks for your willingness to help out, but if it's that much trouble, it's really OK, I can handle typesetting myself. I'm very wary of the idea of using Paint to typeset anyways because it doesn't even center text, and it's not easy to edit afterwards; at any rate, I kind of have my own way of doing it, and I'd like there to be consistency.

We can always use more Proofread/QC-- Junky56's translation is still awaiting a proofread, if you want to help out ^^ Thanks! (If no one else is going to, I'll proofread it; it's the weekend nowww =D)

Neophoton
January 19th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Uh... I can help do typesetting, if needed... I use Photoshop for it over Paint, have Anime Ace font (actually have tons of more fonts that are designed for comic books and manga) if that counts for any brownie points... XD

Vegeta_Lucas
January 19th, 2008, 05:31 AM
wouldn´t better only Mina do it... just to keep a standard..?

Neophoton
January 19th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I suppose, I was just throwing out an offer.

omni89
January 19th, 2008, 09:40 AM
@Kumori: I'm sure Mina would really appreciate the help. She never complains but we all know that she is busy as hell all the time. Just PM, message, or email her and I'm sure you two could work something out.

Willer
January 19th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Alright I guess I'll stick to QC

pigeon-wing
January 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
No problem; I'll switch over to volume 22.

minakichan
January 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
OK!

@Kumori: Thanks for the offer! I am more inclined to assign something like typesetting to people who understand comic fonts and know how to use Photoshop. At the moment, I'm working on cleaning volume 12, so when translations come in, I might ask your help on the typesetting.

@Willer: Thanks for understanding~ QC is definitely one of the most important jobs-- omni89 definitely caught a lot of major issues we had with our script-- so that's a department in which we need all the help we can get.

@pidge: Thank you~ *hug*

Neophoton
January 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Woo. I check this thread at least once every 2-3 days, maybe even next day, so it's hard for me to miss something... so if you need me, I'll be here. XD

I could also do editing if needed, but that's really if I only have time to, which exams and design work are crunching me, so... I can only do typesetting for now.

Junky56
January 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
OMG honestly, I didn't think I would be able to ever finish it... But Now, I have finshed volume 12 and AM willing to do what ever's left of Volume 11 if Minak wants me to!

Thank you to whoever's Editing !!!
(PS Credit please =P)

AlexGemeo
January 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Thank you, Junky! I'll start on Chapter 1 to get things started, so someone start on another chapter so we aren't doing the same work.

Also, I'm a bit confused on what "cleaning" is. Is it removing the old (Korean) text or is it cleaning up the new (English) text?

minakichan
January 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
JUNKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY56 I LOVE YOU YOU ARE AMAZING!
(and of course, credit given where it is definitely deserved~ <3)
Volume 11 chapters 1-2 (or 130-131, depending on your system) are all done, so we need stuff from chapter 3 onwards. Of course, since you awesomely just finished volume 12, I TOTALLY respect and understand (and I'm sure everyone else will too) if you want a breather and it takes you a while to get to it v(^_^)v

@Vereux: Hm, I uh, actually started cleaning volume 12... Cleaning involves levelling the scans to pure black and white while still preserving the relative gray tone density, straightening the panel lines and correcting the warp in the gutter, and then erasing the Korean dialogue (not the SFX, because those aren't translated). If you would like to help out, and if you don't really know how to level, then can you work on just whiting out the Korean dialogue? Also, since I've already started, can you start working from the back of the book to the front, PMing me finished chapters as you complete them, and we'll meet somewhere halfway in between? ~Thanks~

AlexGemeo
January 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
So then you'll just clean my already translated pages? (Sans erasing the text. :P) I've only done the first page so I can stop if you want until you've got the volume cleaned.

minakichan
January 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hm, right now I've been cleaning AND erasing text, so ^^; Ummm, we can't typeset pages that haven't been cleaned yet (well, we could, but then we'd have to do a lot of unnecessary tweaking, and Kumori or I can easily typeset afterwards anyway), so hm, for now, could you just erase the text for, say, the latter half of the volume, then PM them to me? That way I can still keep cleaning and you can keep erasing, without anyone having to wait for anything ^_^.

AlexGemeo
January 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM
OK, so then you'll just have to adjust the black and white levels?

minakichan
January 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM
And re-align, yes ^^ not having to erase is just one step less; it's not a humongous difference, but it adds up.

kazukiPP
January 20th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Well, I´ve got 6 chapters cleaned of volume 11, Soon I will send them to minakichan or when I have 10 xD.

I hope Junky can translate them to do releases and complete this volume soon. Cya

*still cleaning -3-*

Junky56
January 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Wat part of Volume 11 Should I start on?

benji
January 21st, 2008, 01:54 AM
@junky: You. Are. Awesome. Endofstory. Chapter 3 is where hyourinmaru10 left off. ^^ Thankee!

@minaki-chan: Okay, so pigeon-wing is cleaning/editing Volume 22, but who is QC'ing, and, if pigeon-wing doesn't, then who is typesetting? Sorry, I'd just like to know, and plus if, say, nobody is QC'ing, then somebody can offer to. =D

Junky56
January 21st, 2008, 02:00 AM
So.. I start with Chapter 3 or 4?

kazukiPP
January 21st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Yes, start since chapter 3, minakichan already got that chapter cleaned. ready to apply translations ^^

minakichan
January 21st, 2008, 08:28 AM
@kazukiPP: Yaaaaaaay, glad to hear it ^^

benji just e-mailed me the script for chapter 262 (which is chapter 3 of volume 20)!! (Thank you!) It's attached~ This means the following:
-Chapter 262 and Volume 12 are both still in need of a script proofread QC, for grammar, wording, consistency, etc. omni89 or Willer, if either of you (or anyone else who wants to help QC) are interested/willing/free, can you QC either of these?
-This means the volume 22 project can start when scans are clean. pidge, benji actually has the physical book of volume 22 now; I know this volume is one of the lowest-quality ones we have, so are there any pages that are particularly ugly and difficult to edit? He can replace those with higher quality if you need them (but of course, not TOO many pages ^^)

benji
January 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
I can scan as many pages as we need, actually. It's okay. =D We're missing so many things, I'd have to do that anyways -- no intro pages, no next-volume ads (oh no!), no table of contents, and even no cover! And chapters 268 and 269 (the first two FR/LG chapters) are missing from those scans. Chapter 268 was the "lost chapter" titled "Escape!" posted by nicoleb (it has no title in the original Japanese book), so we don't need to scanslate that. I haven't checked the scans for anything else (presumably a couple of the other chapters are missing pages). Keep us updated, people! ^.^

areless
January 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
can anyone post them on the community like nicolob(sp?) or photobucket, or deviantart for volume 11+ that would make my life easier! mysend wont work with me, i dont know what to open the file with when it gets to my comp.

kazukiPP
January 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Just decompress the file downloaded with winzip, and watch the scans. That´s all ^^

AlexGemeo
January 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM
OK, I can still typeset while erasing. If anything needs typesetting, toss it at me.

pigeon-wing
January 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
@ Benji: Eep, the 22 scans are rather ugly. Um, the following pagespreads weren't scanned while the book was completely flat, so some speech and art is covered:

60-61
62-63
56-57
78-79
82-83
84-85
86-87
88-89
112-113

A lot of the pages are really bent, but I think those pages are the worst. It'd be great if you were able to rescan at least some of them. ^^

These scans aren't as easy to clean as 21's were, so expect some samples soon -- I'll definitely be needing some crit/approval. XD

benji
January 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
>.< Rather.

Can you work with these scans? What format would you prefer? Just want to check. ^^ I'll scan the rest tonight if I can.

@minakichan: What resolution would you prefer? 72? 100? 200? Or even higher? I can scan up to, like, 9600 dpi, if you need, but the other pages would be rather lo-res in comparison. ^-^ Also, Maxim posted a Baidu link to some scans, one of which we could use for Volume 25 -- yay!

(Sorry, had to zip them up -- they wouldn't let me attach them as TIFs and the files were too big to attach as pngs anyways. Mods, anyone, care to allow TIFs and/or increase the attachment upload limit on PNGs?)

omni89
January 22nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well then I suppose I'll start on Volume 12 from the beginning. I'll try to do a chapter a night starting tomorrow and I can either post them when I'm done with each or when I complete the whole volume. Willer, if you want to QC this as well feel free to contact me and we can work out dividing up the job. Kudos Junky for your hard work!

AlexGemeo
January 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
>.< Rather.

Can you work with these scans? What format would you prefer? Just want to check. ^^ I'll scan the rest tonight if I can.

@minakichan: What resolution would you prefer? 72? 100? 200? Or even higher? I can scan up to, like, 9600 dpi, if you need, but the other pages would be rather lo-res in comparison. ^-^ Also, Maxim posted a Baidu link to some scans, one of which we could use for Volume 25 -- yay!

(Sorry, had to zip them up -- they wouldn't let me attach them as TIFs and the files were too big to attach as pngs anyways. Mods, anyone, care to allow TIFs and/or increase the attachment upload limit on PNGs?)

Holy crap. Those are awesome quality. Out of curiosity, why didn't you save them as JPG?

benji
January 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, 200 dpi (even though we don't need that much...).

JPGs are compressed images, which would compromise my "awesome quality". ^^

AlexGemeo
January 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
It didn't change anything when I saved it in Paint.

benji
January 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah, JPEG reduces file size by a heckuvalot, but these are raws -- after they get cleaned and typesetted, we save them as low-size JPEGs for release. ^^ JPEG produces artifacts (which may not be noticeable at first, but are visible when you zoom up).

kazukiPP
January 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
I can´t see any difference between scans you upload with jpegs version :S

benji
January 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, the difference can be minuscule when you save at the highest JPEG quality, but there still is a difference. (And yes, it does reduce the filesize lots... my TIFFs were about 2.5 MB, and kazukiPP's JPGs were about 650 KB.) However, kazukiPP, you saved your JPEGs at 96 dpi.

At these high resolutions, it usually simply doesn't matter, unless you're planning on making a poster-size print of my scan (although I'd be honored, I wouldn't bet on it), so 96 dpi would've been fine for most scanslation projects. But it's up to minakichan. ^^

Oh, and JPEGs don't support transparency. Not that it matters. =p I know they have PNGs with lossless compression, etc, but I'm not sure if pidge'd be able to open them. =3

minakichan
January 22nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Yay~

Right, so, right now we've actually been working at 96ish dpi, our scans are pretty low-res. We have, as a matter of fact, been working with jpg instead of the preferred png because 1) that's what the scans actually came in, and 2) since it's kind of an MQ release, I figured it didn't really matter. Lots of the more hardcore scanlation groups will actually RELEASE in pngs.

benji, your scans look great, and the gutter is definitely workable, so excellent, thanks~ Um, so, most "pro" scanlation groups actually scan around 300 dpi, and while I would love for us to be that super-special awesome, the main problem I kind of see is that obviously, some pages might be wayyy bigger and crisper than others in this release, if benji doesn't scan the whole volume (which is a lot of work, so... ^^). Aside from being inconsistent, that would also make it hard on the reader to potentially have to zoom back in and out (and if you're using a program like Simple Comic, it would mess up the paging and be nearly impossible to read). I really have very, very mixed feelings on the issue, but for the sake of actually making viable decisions, I'm going to say: please go ahead and scan at high res (if 200 works for you, that's definitely high enough), and we can always decrease the size for consistency if it really poses a problem. If you really feel very strongly about the other way (but it doesn't seem like you do, so), feel free to override this ^^

benji
January 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Yay, thanks, minakichan!

Anyways, since I almost can't post the images as attachments (the limit is actually 2.57 MB for PNGs, but I sometimes get 2.6 MB, etc), I'll either have to 1) scan at a slightly lower resolution -- say, 150 dpi, 2) send them to pidge via email, 3) upload them on sendspace, or 4) attach them as a bunch of zips (limit for zips is 10MB each, so four images in each zip?)

By the way, the attachment limits are seriously messed up. The limit for PNGs is 2.57 MB, and the limit for JPEGs is 3.45 MB. Hmm.

Willer
January 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
yeah Im ready to QC, Just give me the chapter and Ill quality check it like crazy D:.

AlexGemeo
January 22nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Yay, thanks, minakichan!

Anyways, since I almost can't post the images as attachments (the limit is actually 2.57 MB for PNGs, but I sometimes get 2.6 MB, etc), I'll either have to 1) scan at a slightly lower resolution -- say, 150 dpi, 2) send them to pidge via email, 3) upload them on sendspace, or 4) attach them as a bunch of zips (limit for zips is 10MB each, so four images in each zip?)

By the way, the attachment limits are seriously messed up. The limit for PNGs is 2.57 MB, and the limit for JPEGs is 3.45 MB. Hmm.

Option 3. But with mediafire.

pigeon-wing
January 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
I can open PNGs fine. That's actually what I thought we were releasing, so that's what I've been saving my final edits as, because my PNGs are prettier and smaller than they would be if I had saved them as JPGs. XD I hope that's all right?

Thanks so much for the scans, Benji! 8-8

minakichan
January 23rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah pidge, that's cool, high quality is good =D

Guh, I feel bad for going to jpg route now. I'll probably switch over next chapter.

benji
January 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Okay, in that case I'll scan in PNG, then. Pidge, can I have your email? It'd make sending files a lot easier.

Oh, and I raised the issue (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3273789) of file attachment limits on the community forum. ^^

I'll get to the rest of those scans as soon as I can. As for releases, I was thinking more like having a "high-quality" PNG version and a "low-quality" JPEG version for dial-up people (which there are actually a lot of). We could re-release the first two chapters (you were going to anyways, with Korean SFX, right?) Just my two cents.

Willer
January 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM
So whats our status? Are we finally to getting close to releasing a chapter. Cause if it take this long to do all that stuff then maybe we shouldnt do some of them.

NayrExoto
January 26th, 2008, 01:50 AM
hey there don't be so impaitient, they have lives too. when you say stuff like if it takes to long maybe you should not do some of them .. it kinda like putting them down because they are trying to bring you the greatness of that we call pokemon special. the day will come when there is a new chapter or volume.

To the people you are doing the amazing project: Thank you so much for your hard work, this is one of my favorite manga. i wait eagerly for your next release. Thank you

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but PokeSpe scanlation isn't all that I think about 24/7... ^^; Sorry... But all of us are trying our best and we WILL get releases done!! It must happen!! Yooosh!

Actually, I had to send my Mac in for repairs (>_<) so I've fallen behind QUITE a bit. I will really try to double-time my effors from here on out.

Kumori, are you free to typeset? I have Volume 12, chapter 1 cleaned scans finished at http://www.sendspace.com/file/nehv9j (curse forum file limit! o((>_<))o. We'll still be waiting on omni89's QC though. In the meantime, I'll keep at it. I should be able to finish ch 2 this weekend (I never realized how many #$%*ing 2 page spreads PokeSpe has >n<)

AlexGemeo
January 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
If Kumori doesn't mind, I can start.

EDIT: Wow, I was a bit skeptical, but cleaning is definitely worth it. Great job, Minakichan.
Also, can we start using MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com)? It has a 100MB limit (I don't think we'll ever exceed it) and doesn't have that "No Multiple Downloads at the same time" rule that most upload sites have.

EDIT2: Can someone tell me what it says on the front of the Gym?
http://i25.tinypic.com/mcqby8.png

EDIT3: NESFAN001 has uploaded the English Volume 11. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=26385
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?chmom15jmpm

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Mm, yeah, you can go ahead then, Vereux0 ^^ Make sure you keep your Photoshop files for when omni89 gets around to QCing. And I'll start using MediaFire then.

D'OH. *HEADS DESK MULTIPLE TIMES UNTIL FOREHEAD STARTS BLEEDING* What is UP with this?! At first no one provide any scans at all, but suddenly we start scanlating this series, and everyone wants to scan their books in. I mean, I'm not COMPLAINING, *makes grabby hands at Volume 11* I'm totally happy that I can read more Special! but geh. We even had 2 releases! I know that kazukiPP and Junky56 have been working hard at cleaning and translating this volume, so it really feels like a waste. I suppose there's no point in continuing the Volume 11 project (unless you guys really want to...), so our focus is going to have to shift to volume 12 (which we thankfully have full-volume translations for, thanks to Junky56). I am so, so sorry for you guys who have been working hard at it. m(=_=)m

omni89
January 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Fear not my scanlating compatriots for I am still with you. It's just that real life has thrown a ton of stuff in my path lately, plus I've been reading volume 11 which NESFAN001 was kind enough to scan. I just like to read in chronological order and by reading 11 I'll be able to better QC volume 12 knowing what has led up to the events that it foretells. So please be patient a little while longer and I promise you will all see results.

P.S. - Good luck with your Mac, Mina!

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Opps, I just got online... XD Well, if there's anything you need me for, feel free to leave a message here or email me at [email protected]

Although, sorry for late response. :(

Also, what do I do with the Mac scans? My computer is Windows and doesn't support anything Mac-based... :(

benji
January 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
@minakichan: LOL! Seriously! >-<

Heehee, at least Volume 22 is still eleven volumes away. =D I wanna do, like, Volume 27 next. ^^

And, aren't Macs supposed to be super-ultra-extra-reliable (and pretty)? (*coughcough* Yes, my mac crashes all the time, but it's pretty, so I like it.)

@Vereux0: Yeah, I use Mediafire, but I never knew they allowed multiple simultaneous downloads. O.o Silly me.

@Kumori: There's no such thing as a "Mac file" -- they're all standardized file formats! You can open a file that I save on a Mac as long as you have a program that supports the file format. I mean, I know Microsoft is secretly evil, but they're not that evil. ^^

*has a life*

Willer
January 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Its just that the topic has been inactive for like a few days and I just wanted to bump it a b it =)

pigeon-wing
January 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM
@ Mina: Okay, I recall you mentioning that this is just going to be a MQ release, so I'm assuming I don't have to redraw the panels/lines that curve in towards the binding?

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
@Benji: Huh, I see... I only use Macs for my graphic design class, only I'm more Windows-savvy. Would running Vista make a difference? It seems to have countless problems with simple things. ~_~ I'm just glad it runs Photoshop fine, otherwise I'd freak.

Also, working on volume 12, I can have the entire thing done by tonight, if needed. :]

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
@Kumori: Sorry, I guess I should've asked you first >_>; You want the next chapter =D? I just finished ittt~ http://www.mediafire.com/?1gjntv0jcy5

//And, aren't Macs supposed to be super-ultra-extra-reliable (and pretty)? (*coughcough* Yes, my mac crashes all the time, but it's pretty, so I like it.)

I uh... accidentally dropped my Mac on the floor from a height of 5 feet. *HEADS DESK* It wasn't terrible, but the CD slot got misaligned... my poor baby... ;_; So of course, it's not Apple's fault. >_>;

//I mean, I know Microsoft is secretly evil, but they're not that evil. ^^

imma go lol now. (>u<)!

@pidge: Haha, considering that the original scans (the old ones, not the ones that benji scanned in) were so LQ, I don't think anyone really minds if they don't get the whole treatment. If you have CS2/CS3, you might just want to warp it relatively close to straight, but don't bother with anything more detailed than that. If you can lighten the gutter up a bit, that'd be great, but no one's expecting them to look anywhere close to perfect ^^

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
@Mina: It's okay... On the contrary, I just finished the first chapter. -w- I'm sorry for stealing any assigned work. Had no intention to, just bored out of my mind from a free weekend. Rather rare to have so much free time for me.

And, well, I'd link... but I don't have enough posts... D: *A little too shy and only here for this project* I'll PM it to Mina and have her link it... so hopefully I'll get enough posts in the future... XD

Sorry if you started, Vereux0. I didn't see you started until after. :X You can have the next few chapters after the second one, if you want~ Lemme know what you want to do. :]

I'm considering getting a Mac for myself. I'm just so used to living on Windows, although I finally got to mess around with a Mac for a few months now, just the price of one that's intimidating me. Hehe...

benji
January 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
First of all, 200 posts on this thread! ^_^ And, yay, we're using MediaFire!

@Kumori: No, Vista would just make everything worse. >>

@pidge: Can I ask where you are on the cleaning? If you're almost done, imma gonna have to go hurry up and finish 260. =D

@minakichan: ....... ouch. >-<

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 08:06 PM
(Yeah, I'm really shooting myself on the whole Mac thing. >< My poor baby... the drive works now, thankfully, but it's fragile...)

200 posts, whoo, crazy! OK~ Here's Kumori's typeset of Volume 12, chapter 1 http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2094679 . omni89 is QCing the text, so if anyone else would like to QC the actual visual stuff, please~

Vereux, I hope you haven't gotten too far on typesetting; Kumori finished this chapter before realizing that you were working on it. If it's not too much trouble, can you take chapter 2 then? Sorry all.

kazukiPP
January 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hi guys, I´ve started cleaning volume 13 :D. So if you need help with clean of volume 12 just PM me ^^

I have volume 11 cleaned complete, but NESFAN won us xD.

benji
January 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Err... that was a link to your private message, which we can't view. ^^'

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I was gonna mention the private message link... XD

Also, I'm almost done on the second chapter as well. Better hold off on that one as well. I'm starting to get back into typesetting now. :X He can work on the next chapter, though~

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 09:00 PM
ARGH. I am so sorry. I have not had dinner yet (and it's midnight sharp as of now), so my brain is not functional.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5yiymnybzjc <-- LINK!

And OK, Vereux, hold up on the typesetting again. ^^; Sorry...

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Aaand PMing you the second chapter...

Shame I can't make links yet. -w- Maybe soon, but making short posts here and there until then. Hope I'm not going too fast, 'cause if anything I feel as if I'm going slow, too many interruptions going on here... |D

AlexGemeo
January 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
XD It's all good. Progress > My feelings. I can do Ch. 2 or 3 then.

benji
January 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Five more posts, Kumori. =D

Since I'm currently available, I'll do a quick QC on the chapter.

It's still only 9:21 here... but it's past midnight for you, minakichan, so you should get some sleep. ^^

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I hate to feel like I'm spamming. -w- I just hate to bug Miss Mina to post the links for me.

@Vereux0: Feel free to do the third chapter, I'll ignore that one so you can do some work. XD *Doesn't wanna be a work-hog*

Either way, it's 12:30 AM here... I'm going off to bed... Night-night, people~!

benji
January 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Some comments for chapter 1 -- by the way, good job, everyone! ^^

TOC: Font and font size don't match original. (It's okay, though. Possible solutions: Find a better font/font size or just erase everything and do it all with your own font/font size.)

Page 4: "I'm so glad our gym's inner city." (Typo)

Page 6: "Pft, I can't believe that nonsense." -- I'd prefer "Pfft"

Page 7: Text has been typesetted on top of some uncleaned text/sfx

Page 9: Korean text in bubble not cleaned

And I don't suppose we're doing (any) SFX? I had all the SFX in my script, don't know if we're going to do those or not. =)

Willer
January 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Is there any chapters I can QC at the moment?

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Some comments for chapter 1 -- by the way, good job, everyone! ^^

TOC: Font and font size don't match original. (It's okay, though. Possible solutions: Find a better font/font size or just erase everything and do it all with your own font/font size.)

Page 4: "I'm so glad our gym's inner city." (Typo)

Page 6: "Pft, I can't believe that nonsense." -- I'd prefer "Pfft"

Page 7: Text has been typesetted on top of some uncleaned text/sfx

Page 9: Korean text in bubble not cleaned

And I don't suppose we're doing (any) SFX? I had all the SFX in my script, don't know if we're going to do those or not. =)

Alrighties, since I'm still awake (*stares at clock.. almost 1 AM, still can't sleep*), I'll fire up Photoshop and fix those... especially the typo, I might have been distracted there since U I think I'll redo the ToC from scratch. Lemme know if you like the new one.

...Mind if I PM it to you once I finish the fixes? XD

benji
January 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
No, I don't mind, and I'll post it for you. But really, you shouldn't be staying up so late! *cites scientific studies of sleep deprivation in the US*

The TOC is okay, it just stood out a little to me that the "CH" and chapter name were smaller than the other text. ^^

Neophoton
January 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Shhh! I still have Sunday to sleep in... Mostly... XD Shame I have to get up at 5 AM on Monday... and just about any other weekday.

Nonethless, I do have to agree that the ToC looks a little funky anyways, so... I'm fixing that as we speak. ;D All other errors were fixed, so only thing that needs to be worked on is said page. Thanks for posting it, as well... Well, once I upload it and PM you the link.. XD

benji
January 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Here's Kumori's fixed chapter:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nhu2xmxfiz

Thanks for taking so much time out of your life (and sleep) to get this fixed! ^^ Oh, and you have to get up at 5 AM on weekdays? Why?

minakichan
January 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
It's almost 3 AM over here, and I have to get up at 8 today =D (I should check here more often, really)

@ Vereux: please wait for chapter 3! (>u<)

A friend of Kumori might be able to get us a subdomain =D real website = real scanlation group! I'm working on cleaning, so I don't know if I can make a layout at the same time. I can try though (I really want to get more graphic design practice in anyway), unless someone else with good experience wants to do it.

benji
January 27th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Well, enjoy your five hours of sleep. >_>

Kumori told me about her friend's offer -- this'll be great! As for layouts, I can't say I have lots of experience with those. I'm not that good with Photoshop, and making things look pretty is not my specialty. (But I like pretty things! ^^) Umm, I could write PHP scripts/set up a news system, if you need... *admits he is a geek*

Also, once we become a "real scanslation group", will we still be doing everything on these forums? (It gets annoying not being able to attach images, etc on our posts sometimes, among other things, and all of our "clients" are watching our every move every step along the way. *paranoid* Yeah, I know I got the attachment limit lowered to 1MB by reminding the admin... wahhh!)

Ahh... shame on me, I'm sleeping late, too! G'night, all~

Neophoton
January 27th, 2008, 05:07 AM
@Benji: I start class at 6:45 AM -w- Our high school... starts ridiculously early.

Have fun with the possibilities. XD I'm not that good with web design (well, I know a fair amount of HTML and some CSS, but still not enough to get me around for it, so it's not my department), so I can't help you there. I just know my friend is a real sweetheart and doesn't mind sharing with us, although he might want a little space to himself. I told Mina to talk it over with him. ^^

//Also, I think it might be a good idea to tack on some forums so people can be aware of some progress and make separate sections for any other projects outside of Pokemon Special. Preferably pinned topics, or locked topics that only the team would have access so we could prevent the usual "Zomg when iz da next chaptur comin out???//"... or anything of that nature? Or perhaps a section to let people know of new releases and just direct them to the main page of the future site?

Just throwing out suggestions. I can think of more, if needed. XD I've only worked in a two-person scanlation group, but never a full-fledged team, so it's rather a new experience for me to work in a much larger team.

Lemme know if you need me for another chapter at any time, too~ I'm pretty much open any time!

omni89
January 27th, 2008, 06:46 AM
@Willer: Sorry man, I know that you've been trying to get a hold of me for sometime now. As for splitting QC here's my idea. I will do the odd number chapters and you will do the even number chapters. That should be much easier than starting from back, we would both know what chapters to, and won't have to worry about bumping into each other in the middle. Sound good to you?

Willer
January 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Sounds good. So what should I start on?

benji
January 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
//Also, I think it might be a good idea to tack on some forums so people can be aware of some progress and make separate sections for any other projects outside of Pokemon Special. Preferably pinned topics, or locked topics that only the team would have access so we could prevent the usual "Zomg when iz da next chaptur comin out???//"... or anything of that nature? Or perhaps a section to let people know of new releases and just direct them to the main page of the future site?

Yeah, forums! I can take care of creating forums, provided your friend's hosting service provides mySQL (or something of the like). I was also thinking more of a "news blog" type thing on the front page, and the forums be for discussion, etc. ^____^

6:45? Woah.

Neophoton
January 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, forums! I can take care of creating forums, provided your friend's hosting service provides mySQL (or something of the like). I was also thinking more of a "news blog" type thing on the front page, and the forums be for discussion, etc. ^____^

6:45? Woah.

Hehe... I think his hosting service provides it. I'll ask him when he gets on MSN, granted Mina didn't ask him already. I believe his service probably does, but I can't quite recall.

Yay, I think I can post links now! :0

FUNimations
January 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM
good thing i checked upon this topic. Else i would never have known about V11

minakichan
January 27th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Concerning the hosting possibility... I haven't seen "him" online, and my e-mail just bounced >_<. Can I leave it to you, Kumori, yoroshiku~

Started working on a layout~ I forgot how much fun it was. Hm, I need to be more creative~~~

benji
January 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Is it gonna include all the Pokedex holders? I can scan some pretty pictures from some of the later volumes, if needed. ^^

Oh, and for forums, phpBB or vBulletin? This forum and Bulbagarden both use vBulletin, but phpBB is more popular (I think).

Neophoton
January 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
He usually isn't on MSN during the weekends, sans late Saturday night. I was going to ask him last night, but he signed off, so... I was left hanging. D': He's almost always on every weekday, though, so feel free to contact him then.

If you can't, then tell me what subdomain name you guys want and PM me a password for FTP and the like. I'll give login info to Mina when it's all ready once he makes said subdomain.

@Benji: I actually prefer Invisionfree, but if it were down to a choice between those two, I'd go with vBulletin.

Also, here's the second chapter to volume 12 that needs QC: http://www.mediafire.com/?0duqc9mfxnb

minakichan
January 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Second the vote for vBulletin =D

Haha, I'm trying to work in all of the Pokedex holders (plus Yellow and Emerald), it's kind of hard~ If you have any pics of Green, Blue, Yellow, and Emerald, they'd be appreciated, thanks~

benji
January 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, Invisionfree is a free forum hosting service, not an actual forum system (I don't think they make their system available open-source.) If your friend wouldn't like a forum to be hosted on his server space, we could make one on Invisionfree, if it was necessary.

Uhh... if there's no one else to QC, then I'll do it later tonight (which would be past bedtime for the rest of you ^^'). I'll be scanning some pics from volume 26. =D

Neophoton
January 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm not too sure if he would want it on his server, but I'll ask him about it if he gets on... or if Mina beats me too it. He's pretty lax about lending server space, so it'd probably be an OK. :]

Yay~ If you need me to do typesetting on any other chapter, feel free to ask. I'm going to bed early, I'm tired... XD Night-night!

pigeon-wing
January 27th, 2008, 06:40 PM
@Mina: The page attached shows the best I could do, cleaning wise (I'm sorry about being such a novice! ;_;) . There's no warping tool in Paint Shop Pro 8 that I know of that could easily fix the warped lines; if you wanted them fixed, I'd have to do everything manually... and I'm slow enough with cleaning as it is. XD;;

@Benji: Omigosh, I got your e-mail, but you said the scans I had downloaded were out of order!? ;__; I got the page numbers by finding a numbered page and then counting... I'll check the scans that you sent me and see if they were the ones I needed. If not, then I'm so sorry for wasting your time! D: As for where I am on the cleaning, I only have a few pages of volume 22 done. x_x Cleaning was a hassle at home, but now that I'm back at college I'm going to shoot for 1-2 pages a day. Is that okay?

Haha, sleep deprivation! I went to bed at 5am today and then woke up at 9 the same morning. 5 hours isn't so bad, though. :)

benji
January 27th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Unless you had them in order by date, I guess... but it's fine, no problem. =D

Don't doubt your own work, pigeon-wing! Your cleaned scans are outstanding! ^^

Junky56
January 28th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Haven't been to thread in a while and wow 2 pages of posting!

I only got like 1 or 2 chapters of Volume 11 done but I see that someone has posted another upload link so tahts not needed anymore. What Other Korean volumes are there?

minakichan
January 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
OK!

@Kumori: I took a closer look at your typeset~ can you change the font size occasionally so that it fits the bubble a little better (more even whitespace around the text), and center the text within the bubbles for some of them? A little more bolding when character are yelling might add some effect too. Otherwise, looks great!

@pidge: The clean quality looks great. I flipped through volume 22 and it seems the scans aren't quite as bad as I thought (the 2page spreads... are so much better than the volume 12 ones!), so if I have time, I can also try to warp the gutter into shape. But your levels look fantastic.

@Junky56: Yeah, sorry for your wasted effort ;__; Volume 13 is in Korean, and kazukiPP is working on cleaning it.

Neophoton
January 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
@Mina: Okie-dokie! I'll fire up Photoshop and get right on it. Expect it in less than an hour.

//Also, Omata might be on MSN tonight to discuss the subdomain with you. He's usually on during weekday evenings, so... feel free to email him, nudge him on MSN, and such! He's very lenient on these sort of things.

:: EDIT

Well, that actually only took about twenty minutes or so. Here's the link for the fixed version: http://www.mediafire.com/?5v8qm2gztje

Junky56
January 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I can't download volume 13 from send space cuz it's been deleted or something >_<

minakichan
January 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Fwoo. I hate to pull the "real life" card, but this week has been crazy hectic (and it's only Thursday wtf).

Kumori: Retypeset looks good. =D If no one's going to QC, we may as well just stick it as a release.

I am still working on a layout, I have the look finished and am going to start implementing it soon. ><

Sorry to get to you so late, Junky56: http://www.mediafire.com/?8w353czycho

Also, cleaned scans for Volume 12 chapter 3 (2 page spreads are EVIL!): http://www.mediafire.com/?90stxpyoick Vereux0, please typeset if you can =D

Neophoton
January 31st, 2008, 02:32 AM
Woo, have fun Vereux0. XD It's too cold where I live to sit on the computer for an hour or two typesetting. *Looks for temperature* Currently 12 F, but it's gonna be -2 tomorrow. :(

AlexGemeo
January 31st, 2008, 07:54 PM
*eye twitch*
-2?! I now ♥ Texas.

AlexGemeo
February 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Whoever is translating Volume 13, can you put the speaker's name next to the line. Thanks.

Neophoton
February 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
You mean volume 12? I feel a name tag adding would be helpful as well... not that it took me long to figure who is saying the line. Then again, I based it one what lines seemed in-character for the... well, characters.

Either way, I do agree that it'd be more efficient to add names for the speakers. ^^;

AlexGemeo
February 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Vol. 12 is already translated, so it's too late.

minakichan
February 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
I made that suggestion to Junky56 earlier, when Volume 12 was first translated, so subsequents should all be OK ^^. Can you still tell where to put the bubbles?

I finished a layout~ It features Crys because Volume 12 is kind of the Crystal arc. Hmm, I don't really like it at all since it's so uninspired, so I'll probably try a complete redesign eventually, but I think this can do for now. I'm working on implementing it (and finishing the scan cleaning of course >_>) Tell me whatcha think~

benji
February 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
I didn't have internet for most of the week, sorry guys. >_>

The layout looks really nice! Actually, I think it's pretty original (in my limited perspective). Yay for Crystal! ^^

Neophoton
February 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Looks pretty cool to me! Better than what I can do, too. >_> Did you talk to my friend on the subdomain yet, or..? I didn't get much of a chance to get on MSN this week due to being a tad busy. ~_~ If not, I can talk to him on it if he's on tonight.

AlexGemeo
February 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
I made that suggestion to Junky56 earlier, when Volume 12 was first translated, so subsequents should all be OK ^^. Can you still tell where to put the bubbles?
Sorta. There are a couple of pages I had to skip/might be wrong.

EDIT: Here's all I could do. I couldn't finish some of the pages because I either didn't know who was talking or couldn't understand the line. (http://www.mediafire.com/?6lswm2e4ynd)

If someone can finish/fix it, that would be great.

benji
February 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
It's all right, the typesetting you were able to get done looks really good. I suppose you sent them as .psd files to make it easier for somebody else to finish? ^^'

AlexGemeo
February 2nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
It's all right, the typesetting you were able to get done looks really good. I suppose you sent them as .psd files to make it easier for somebody else to finish? ^^'

Thanks. Yeah, that's why they're PSDs.