PDA

View Full Version : Let's Try to Get the Poetry Section Active

Gulpin
December 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
As the title says, we need to get the Poetry Section active. Let's post some ideas of how we could get it more active. Meybe we should host a contest for a Pokemon-related theam.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
December 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Moving this to the Poetry section then. I'll be looking forward to replies to the topic.

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
December 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
^^; I love reading what everyone writes here, although I never post my stuff. *shot*
But really, I adore this section =D

Ikasu, I like the idea of contests. But instead of always a Pokemon contest, you could put on a seasonal contest. (Edit: n.n Lord94, you posted just before me~!)

Examples:

Christmas poetry
Holiday poetry
Valentines poetry
Spring poetry

Another way could be with different types of poems. I noticed that most people here tend to do, erm "Story or rhyming" poems. With long stanzas and repeating rhythms.
You could show examples of poems like Haiku's/ Ballads/ Limericks, etc...

~~~

The only bad thing about contests is there needs to be a judge... unless you just have a free-write thing, where there is no winner~ ^_^

O.o" Heh, that's all I've got for you. But I really do like the idea because I want to see more people write stuff~ <3

Gulpin
December 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, if would be great if the Poetry section became active enough for a moderater, and things like that, and other rules. I also like the idea of seasonal contests.

moody_cow_
December 3rd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Couldn't we let the readers pick, and just have a poll for each contest and like a week period for the poll to one to find out the winners?

I mean I think if people were honest about it and didn't just like vote for their poem or tell all their friends to come vote for their stuff, but the people who actually read the poetry here in the forums and the other writers who entered the contest, if they just were honest and the picked the that they truly thought should win and voted on it, it would be quite fair don't you think?

Astinus
December 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
*steps out of her own section* Just to toss an idea out here, why not just do prompts at certain intervals? Like every week (which might be too much for some writers), pick a word and members could write a poem with that word as inspiration. Or you could even just pick a form of poetry if you wanted to give people a real challenge on what to write.

By just using prompts, people can be inspired without the extra thought and worry of trying to win a competition. They can still write for fun, you don't have to worry about finding judges, and the section will see more activity. There's also no competition or possible hurt feelings if there's always a winner. It's just everyone being inspired by a word and writing poetry.

moody_cow_
December 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
That's a good idea too! I'm in a club on another account that's like that!

but I think it should be every two weeks maybe because I know that I personally have a had time doing every week because sometimes it take a while for right inspiration or motivation to come! Or you just get real picky with poetry and spend forever editing it and sounds worse in the end than it did in the beginning! Lol! Anyways, one week would be doable, I just don't know how many writer's around here would be that committed, I know I would try, but don't think I would be. So if we went with that idea then my suggestion would be for every two weeks.

But then that leads to the question of, who's' going to pick the prompts?

I suppose we could make out a sort of schedule, and every other week it would be someone else's turn to pick a prompt/theme to write on or something. Or we could all compile a list before we start this thing and keep adding onto it as we go or something...

I don't know, but I do like that idea better because I am not competitive at all and I would the thought or people writing just because they want to win, rather than because they just want to write and get their thoughts and ideas out there! =D

Romance Hero
December 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
I've done a myriad of creative things for the poetry section, like Poketry and posting your favorite poems by famous/non-famous writers. I thought my Poketry thread was a hit... but still, not much people are coming here.

something I'm thinking of right now (sorry if someone already did this) is something like a theme-of-the-week. And people would try their best to match their creativity to that theme.

Seriously... not even the mods pay attention here. If you look, there's a double thread post that's been there for a while now.

Astinus
December 3rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Seriously... not even the mods pay attention here. If you look, there's a double thread post that's been there for a while now.
Have you, perchance, reported the double thread to bring it to Oni Pichu's attention? Most staff don't check every section, so it's up to the regular members to report anything that needs attention. And yes, "anything" is used here as a broad term, so you could report a doubled thread and have it taken care of.

something I'm thinking of right now (sorry if someone already did this) is something like a theme-of-the-week.
That's kind of like my idea, with a particular word being the source of inspiration for the poets. I am in agreement with moody_cow_ that it should be given over a longer time period than just one week. I know from a poetry class I took in college that it takes more than a week for some people to write a good poem. For other people, it can be easily done in that amount of time. To make it easy on others, it should be at least a two-week deal. If one finishes their poem early, then they can post it before the two weeks are up, but it wouldn't be fair to rush others to finish their poems in a week.

something I'm thinking of right now (sorry if someone already did this) is something like a theme-of-the-week.
I'm thinking that either one or two people should be chosen to watch over this, or perhaps a list of words to use should be compiled beforehand. I'm leaning towards the later, only because this way, the prompts could be looked over before posting and the semi-horrible ones could be disregarded. For example, if someone suggest a prompt of "cheese" for one week, if no one feels like having humorous poems, then that prompt could be gotten rid off. The list could be easily moderated.

Just to throw it out there again, would anyone be interested in having the forms of poetry be used as a challenge? It would be different from just writing free-form poems all the time, but I don't want anyone to think that they are limited on how they can write poetry.

Romance Hero
December 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'm up for becoming an observer of a poetry event. I write, but I need to brush up on my formality. Otherwise, sign me up. You can count on me to do a credible job on it.

Oh, and about the report, I'd thought that something like that was not reportable >< or even though it's there as something odd, it wasn't that important to you.

Astinus
December 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
A month is a seriously long time to write a poem. Sure, there might be the people who want to write more than one poem on the same prompt. (Whitman and Poe come to my mind, both writing about birds talking about death.) But two weeks is a good enough time to write and polish a poem.

A month is too long to wait for a new prompt for those who can write poetry in a matter of days, and with a month between prompts, people might get disinterested in the whole idea. Two weeks, on the other hand, is perfect. Not too long, not too short. It is also starting to be the agreed upon time limit by the majority of those posting in this thread.

On the downside, I'm not the mod of this section, so I don't want to step on Oni Pichu's toes and make any decision he won't agree with. You just have to wait for him to make an appearance. I will, however, volunteer my services in picking prompts (since I have 400 prompts from different writing communities strewn about my room/laptop) or helping to oversee the event.

Astinus
December 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM
How is it messy though?

Let's say that Romance Hero (since right now, he is the most capable and most willing) is in charge of the thing. He decides that every second Sunday, at a specific time (given in a well-known time zone, perhaps UTC) the new prompt will be posted. Then people can know that at that time, the new prompt will be posted. They also know that they have to post their poems before that time on the Sunday two weeks from now.

It's very clear-cut, and I can't see any way that it could become disorganized. How ever you see it to become disorganized, please tell us so that the problems can be worked out in the planning stages. We just want to hear all opinions of this to make this work the best that we can.

Dogar The Brave
December 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
So it is happining then?

But the problem would be (and this is from past experiance) that everybody (well, no, not everybody, but most) would submit within the last hour or so. If you can come up with something to stop that, or don't think it's going to happen or whatever, I'd still be willing to help.

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
December 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM
^_^ I like the idea, I think it sounds fun, plus entertaining. It's also a good way to beat writer's block (err, with poetry... but it still helps your brain to think =3)

I totally say "Go for it!"

People who wish to submit can, and it'll give us all a chance to read them and see how others think about the subject. >-o It'll be cool~

I agree with the two week period also. One week is too short, and a month is far too lengthy.

edit: Hanako, I just barely read your post above! Lol~ sorry, I just barely stated the same thing. So I agree with you.

But the problem would be (and this is from past experiance) that everybody (well, no, not everybody, but most) would submit within the last hour or so. If you can come up with something to stop that, or don't think it's going to happen or whatever, I'd still be willing to help.

^ ... I actually don't understand why posting within the last hour would be a problem. At least the person posted. It just means it took them that long to write something that they were comfortable with sharing~ n.n" you can't rush art.

D; sorry I'm done!

moody_cow_
December 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I think the whole thing a is great idea too, if a huge list (well not huge, but you know a list of considerable length so that it would keep us going for a while...) was complied and there was a new prompt every two weeks.

We could create a new thread for each prompt and people could just post their poem for that theme in that thread so they wouldn't get all mixed up and stuff. I don't know just an idea!

But really I'm all for it, I'll try my hardest to participate on every one, but I'll admit that I'm rather lazy and a bit undependable when it comes to being consistent... But I do love writing and would love to write more, I just can't seem to get motivated... So anyways, my point was that if we do go ahead with this idea, I'll give it my all! =D

So yes I guess the only thing we need now would be a list, and I guess a team or whatnot to oversee the whole thing! But other than that I don't seen anything stopping us! =D

*feels all excited because she's easily amused* =D

Gulpin
December 4th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'm suprised that this thread is getting any attention, concidering it is in the Poetry fourm. But I'd love to help out in contests, and help decide on a prompt. I love to write and read poetry. Maybe if this thread does get a mod, it should be Hanonko, because she is the Fan-Fic mod. But Oni does spend tons of time here.

moody_cow_
December 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I'm suprised that this thread is getting any attention, concidering it is in the Poetry fourm.

Hey! I find that offensive! I love the poetry forum! I check here everyday for your information! Lol, just kidding, it's true that things have been kinda dead around here... But that was the point wasn't it, to get people to become active, and attract attention to get more people involved!

But um, Oni used to be the mod for the whole poetry section, but somehow we don't have a mod anymore... I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing the prompt thing, you know overseeing it and such. But that's just speculation on my part because I don't actually know him or anything... But has anyone like sent him a PM asking or anything? Or are we just waiting for him to notice our existence? Lol!

December 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM
You could say this is still my forum. And then, you have also all the right to say I have been not paying this section as much attention as I probably should.

But if you accept my apology, I'll be glad to contribute. I need votes.

-Contests every fourteen days, varying in theme and types of poetry.
-Hanako & I as judges and hosts

Any more ideas, or details I miss?

Astinus
December 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Uh, "judges" to me implies that there will be some sort of contest. But that's just my take on the word.

Other than that, at the moment, I can't think of anything to add. I am glad that I will be providing my services to this section as well.

Romance Hero
December 5th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Sounds good, but the main problem is getting PC's attention. If this takes place, I'll attempt to use propaganda(?) and bring some attention to this area.:D

Gulpin
December 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM
That sounds good, Oni. Maybe there should be like 5 or 4 people along with the 'judges' to pick a prompt for every 2 weeks. And if this is a 'contest' the winner can get a Shiny EV'd Pokemon of mine, if they do have Wi-Fi, and if they don't have Wi-Fi we can do somthing else. I think it would be good if the judges were Oni and Hanonko. And to get PC's attention maybe Oni could post about the contests where he/or is it she(?) will think it will get some attention. Oh, another good idea if you win is for you to get a colored usertitle/name until the next contest.

Gulpin
December 5th, 2007, 03:08 PM
No! The prize is...

You get your name in green or some different colour!

How about that?

I said that, but I think a usertitle color would be better because it is only for 2 weeks. And it also depends on how hard/long it takes to change someones usertitle/name.

December 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
No prize but bragging rights and recognition. Winning a poetry contest here isn't worth a colored name, not even an usertitle. Not a good idea... Sorry to disappoint the materialists.

Gulpin
December 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
No prize but bragging rights and recognition. Winning a poetry contest here isn't worth a colored name, not even an usertitle. Not a good idea... Sorry to disappoint the materialists.

The only reason I thought of that is if someone doesn't have Wi-Fi.

Astinus
December 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Does there have to be some sort of extrinsic reward to this? Can't you people just write poetry because you just like to write poetry? The reward to this is that this section sees some more activity, people are writing poems they might never would have thought up, and people are reading more poems than they would have. That's it. And yes, as Oni Pichu said, you can get bragging rights if you want to say you wrote a poem. You can also get more recognition as people realize "Hey, that person wrote a really good poem! I hope they write more!"

No user name coloration changes, no special user title, no special picture to stick into a signature, and no shiny Pokemon give-aways.

Goodness, people, just write a poem because you feel inspired by the prompt, not because you want to get some cheap prize!

I'm unsure yet how to promote this activity, but I'm sure some ideas will spring forth.

moody_cow_
December 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Does there have to be some sort of extrinsic reward to this? Can't you people just write poetry because you just like to write poetry? The reward to this is that this section sees some more activity, people are writing poems they might never would have thought up, and people are reading more poems than they would have. That's it. And yes, as Oni Pichu said, you can get bragging rights if you want to say you wrote a poem. You can also get more recognition as people realize "Hey, that person wrote a really good poem! I hope they write more!"

No user name coloration changes, no special user title, no special picture to stick into a signature, and no shiny Pokemon give-aways.

Goodness, people, just write a poem because you feel inspired by the prompt, not because you want to get some cheap prize!

I'm unsure yet how to promote this activity, but I'm sure some ideas will spring forth.

Lol, hear hear sister! =D I mean don't get me wrong, I love winning prizes as much as the next person, and I like my work to recognized or considered good, but nothing beats the feeling I get after finishing a poem. It just feels great to know you've accomplished something and it's makes you feel all proud and good! Even f you do instantly dislike it like five minutes later because you tons of other work that way better! =( Lol, just kidding, sort of! But erm yes, I don't write my poetry for prizes but just the hope that I'll reach someone and that someone will connect to I and like it! =D

BUT, I also understand what Ikasu and Lord94 mean with the whole prize thing because it would attract alot more people to get involved because there are quite a few people out there that are just desperate for recognition and also sometimes it's just nice to be noticed and rewarded for your work as amateur poets and writers so hardly are.

But yes, as Imentioned earlier in this thread, I don't much like the idea of winners being picked because that makes it a competition meaning we're competing against each other, not supporting each other like we should be! So I think we should just keep this a friendly fun challenge without having to worry about winning prizes or anything! =)

Gulpin
December 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
But there has to be somthing that doesn't make it look like we are competeing against each other, but will gather a lot of attention, to even people new to poetry.

Romance Hero
December 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Would winning such contests in PC appear in our Usernotes? ( I feel like I'm being ignored and a second party speaker, nonetheless, viva the poetry section.)

Astinus
December 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Perhaps a sort of picture of something to stick in the signature that says "Participant of PC's Poetry Section Revival Prompt Session!" with a link back to the main thread of this thing. People who don't know what it is will be curious and might check it out and join, and everyone who participates gets some sort of extrinsic reward. This way, there's no competition for the pretty item, everyone gets something to show off to others, and it could work as an advertisement.

December 6th, 2007, 02:52 PM
If you win, you're added to the Fame list on the contest. Not more.

And I believe we should make this monthly. Fourteen days might be a bit harder to categorize.

Scytheteen
December 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM

And I believe we should make this monthly. Fourteen days might be a bit harder to categorize.

Isn't one month a long time to make a poem? I think to keep it active, fourteen would be the best.

December 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I still say one month. I don't know if you guys want it to be a two-week span, but... I believe one month is fine!

Of course, the least thing I could expect in this forum is patience... ._.;

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
December 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ummm~ n.n wow, there's so much chatter here in just a day. >-< it's hard to keep up.

Heh, I agree with Hanako and Moody Cow equally on the no contest thing. Prizes are rewarding... to some extent, but for this it wouldn't help with creativity much, it would just add a whole lot of confliction and useless stress.

Oni Pichu, I dissagree with the month. >_> it's a poem, not a chapter... but just for a prompt, I still say a two week period is enough. Or maybe every 22 days (^_^ lucky number <33) but that would be unordered eventually... =\
It DOES take time though... so maybe you're right~ I won't say anymore with that ^^

As for "advertising" ... well, we could each put links in our signatures seperately if it was something we wanted, But, I guess I feel it's not extremely important to make Everyone write a poem. It would be really cool, and sweet to read them all, but if people write pointlessly it sort of loses it's soul and meaning. So, really you can't force people to write if they don't want to.

^^; I love the idea though~ I'm not a bad guy D:

December 6th, 2007, 03:14 PM
It's just that I was also thinking to hold story contests along this, and having separate and different time spans for both might be a mess. Of course, a story contest standard time is a month.

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
December 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Ah coolie, I didn't know. ^^;
A poem's no where near a story though... that's all I was saying. Well, it is, but in not so many...words =\ (does that even make sense?)

Either way I'm not dissagreeing with you, just stating my opinion. n.n
That way IF you do post prompts to write by there would be around, 24 for the entire year, instead of just 12.

Gulpin
December 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Perhaps a sort of picture of something to stick in the signature that says "Participant of PC's Poetry Section Revival Prompt Session!" with a link back to the main thread of this thing. People who don't know what it is will be curious and might check it out and join, and everyone who participates gets some sort of extrinsic reward. This way, there's no competition for the pretty item, everyone gets something to show off to others, and it could work as an advertisement.

That's a very good idea, and I'd like to add to it. We could have more than 1 type of button thing. They will all have a link to the fourm that the contest takes place. and the different buttons will be-
1. somthing saying that you participat in the Poetry Contest
and every time you win you get upgraded to buttons that say 'Winner of Poetry Contest' then 'Advanced Poem Writer in the Poetry Contest' if you win two or more contests. And each button will be a different color, and you can put them in your signature.

I'd rather the poetry contest to be just 14 days, or to be easier, just 2 contests each month, so it won't be exactly 14 days.

It's just that I was also thinking to hold story contests along this, and having separate and different time spans for both might be a mess. Of course, a story contest standard time is a month.

Yes, I agree that there would need to be at least a month for a short story contest.

December 6th, 2007, 08:02 PM
If we're doing both, I rather do them with sinchronicity. One contest each month, I'd prefer-- for both premises.

Astinus
December 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
What short story contest? o.O I had no idea you were planning one, Oni Pichu.

I'd have to agree with Oni here, one month is best, because if we did two weeks, most poems would be rushed.
Not to write a good poem. For some people, they can write excellent poems in a few minutes, or a week. (I learned this from experience from the poetry classes I took.) Generally, short story contests are one or two months, and poems and drabbles are weekly.

But, since it's mainly Oni Pichu's choice since he has two contests to run and I "volunteered" to help only the poetry revival, it's up to him to decide.

I do have to ask what the majority's opinion is on this question: A month or two weeks? Whatever anyone decides on, I'll go along with. I just want to make sure that everyone is happy with the decisions made.

Scytheteen
December 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
What short story contest? o.O I had no idea you were planning one, Oni Pichu.

Not to write a good poem. For some people, they can write excellent poems in a few minutes, or a week. (I learned this from experience from the poetry classes I took.) Generally, short story contests are one or two months, and poems and drabbles are weekly.

But, since it's mainly Oni Pichu's choice since he has two contests to run and I "volunteered" to help only the poetry revival, it's up to him to decide.

I do have to ask what the majority's opinion is on this question: A month or two weeks? Whatever anyone decides on, I'll go along with. I just want to make sure that everyone is happy with the decisions made.

I still say two weeks. A month is an awfully long time to write a poem; or even a short story! Well, maybe somewhere in between like maybe 20 days or something, just to keep it active.

December 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM
A month is a common standard employed in most poetry sites for contests. I still go along 30 days for either short stories or poems. It's not an 'awfully long time' to write a poem, and it might even give the event and winners a bit more prestige.

It is also common when new people join while a contest is being held, and want to participate either because they like the prompt or excel to the requirements from the premise. What if this happens when the event takes only two weeks to deliberate and there's been more than a couple of days since it started? I do not think they would be gifted with enough time.

Inspiration strikes each person differently. Not just because a writer takes two hours to get struck and write a poem everyone else will. A month is a great time to look upon the themes and conditions of the contest and participate comfortably.

Let us not be proud of our impatience.

Romance Hero
December 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with Oni Pichu that it should be a month-span contest. Like he stated, with two weeks, we might only get a few entries, and it could take just an entire week for the word to get around that such a contest exists. There would be more benefit, and more value to the winning poet. Of course some people like having it more often, but a month sounds most reasonable.
(I`m typing w/ my psp, please excuse the length of my response.)

So there will definitely be a theme to each contest?

Astinus
December 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Okay, it's officially a month-long contest for both. *stamps decision officially decided* Gods, now I feel awful for bringing up the two-week suggestion.

The theme for the contest for poetry is whatever prompt is decided on for that month. So, for instance, if the prompt is "Winter" than the poems use that theme for that month.

I have no idea about the story contest. I know nothing at all about anything. I'm just here to try and answer questions to the best of my limited knowledge.

Scytheteen
December 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Maybe I'll take a whack at this short story thing, maybe Scythekid will make the worst poem ebur!

Gulpin
December 7th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I guess I'm fine with a monthly contest. But if we do a winter one it will need to be cut short (obviously) So now shat we are positive about a contest, how about Oni and Hananko and maybe some other posters in this thread can come up with prompts for the rest of the year/however far we want to plan ahead. So we are going to have a Poetry and a Short Story contest, each a month long, right? But there are still other things to be figured out such as how many poems each person may enter. Did anyone read my idea about the Poetry Contest Buttons? It might be hard to figure out though, I was in a hurry.

Scytheteen
December 7th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I have good ideas for promts too, but I suck at poetry so me being a judge would be a horrible idea...well I can review just not write. xD If anyone wants help for prompts, I have some cool ideas!

Gulpin
December 7th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Yea, I'd like to be a prompter, and a person who suggests who I think should get honorable mention/ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ect. places. I have some good ideas for prompts too. Maybe we should discuss ideas like prompts in PM's though. I hope that we will get everything sorted out in time to host a December Thread.
Ok, here is a list that I came up with that we need to figure out/already have figured out (for the Poetry):

1. Time- Monthly
2. Judges- Oni Pichu and Hanako Tabris
3. Prompters- (Oni and Hanako decide)
and other things that people may think of.

Romance Hero
December 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
we need rules and literary level, as some people like to speak in lingo. I'm willing to make an advertisement banner, themed on each category we decide.

I believe Oni Pichu wants short stories because it's his expertise. I'm talking about Schizophrenia, would have gotten far in an Autumn theme.

Gulpin
December 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
we need rules and literary level, as some people like to speak in lingo. I'm willing to make an advertisement banner, themed on each category we decide.

I believe Oni Pichu wants short stories because it's his expertise. I'm talking about Schizophrenia, would have gotten far in an Autumn theme.

Yeah, we need to create some rules together, and make literary levels. That would be cool if you would make a banner/button for our signatures. I'd rather it be a small button or userbar though. No one has posted in a while. I hope that this doesn't die too.

Romance Hero
December 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I don't know, I'm being ignored a lot here. Anyway, my hard drive is blown, until further notice, I can't draw here.

Gulpin
December 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ohh, thats okay though. I really hope this doesn't die. Maybe I should PM Hanonko and Oni to see when we can get started on it.

December 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
The contest will start on January.

Romance Hero
December 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM
That sounds promising, you can count on me to enter the contest. Also, I'm starting to see some spark here in the forums.

moody_cow_
December 16th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Yarr, sorry for my somewhat sudden disappearance, I've recently gotten hooked on Naruto (the Japanese version, you'd have to drug me and hog tie me to get my to watch the English version without me stabbing out my own eardrums first... And I am NOT exaggerating!) and have spent the last few days watching over 100 episodes... *total dorkasaurus*

Anyways, I will participate in all the poetry competitions/contests and the like, although the first one I may not be able to do at my best friend that I haven't seen in two years is coming to visit the whole month of January... Although she's leaving for a week on a side trip so maybe I'll a poem done then! Anyways, however, you can count me out of the short story contest Oni. Not because I'm not adept in prose or the like, I just seem to have lost my muse for it and I haven't been able to finish anything I've written and I guess I've sort of given up on it for now as I just don't have the patience for trying to write stories anymore... But maybe in the future I'll feel like it again and participate in the short story contests too! =)

Oh and can I just clear something up, so we're now going to have a monthly literature contest (one short story, one poetry) starting January of the new year right? So is it going to be an actual contest where a winner is going to be picked and first and second runner up? You know an honorary first, second and third place since we agreed not to do prizes. And this is all fine by me, I just like to make sure I know what's going on you know, I'm easily confused you see! And the poetry contests are they going to have a specific theme we have to write about, or it going to be specific style? Or a combo of both? Sorry for all the questions, just clearing things up! Although I suppose if I wait until Jan. then I'd find out anyway! =P

But yes, random babbling done and all that, so I guess good luck to everyone planning on entering and to our administrators, I hope everything goes well! =)

Love,
Moody Cow

Romance Hero
December 23rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
This is an odd note, but it seems we have to mention *No Plagiarism* >.>

December 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
It's already in the rules. ¬¬;

And we're not going to bother pointing out something people already know they shouldn't do.

Gulpin
January 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
So when does the cotest start?

January 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Tomorrow. I must contact Hanako to see whether she will participate as a judge or not.

eternalglory
January 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM
hmmm..... would mod's listen to user opinions on what poems they think are good? 2 people really doesnt feel like enough to me to judge poems, or any art form, really.

January 11th, 2008, 09:30 PM
2 judges are more than enough.