PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities

Captain Arcane
December 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
So are you the type of person who keeps up with all the happenings with celebrities. Or are you like me, who couldn't care less if Britney Spears jumped off a bridge, or if she jumped off the deep end instead. Y'know what I mean.

Yeah, but me, I could really care less about celebrities, there just ordinary people doing there job.

TwilightBlade
December 2nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well I like to hear about how some of them are doing (Britney is entertaining so I can't wait to see her jump off a bridge 8D) but keeping up with ALL of celebs, no.

Forest Grovyle
December 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
I'm interested in a couple. But most, I don't really pay any attention to. It just depends who captures my interest.

--FG

Lover's Kite
December 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hm, I am not really interested in Celebs or there doings, so yeah, I could care less.

Sammi
December 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
I don't really care. If I hear it, I don't mind, but I don't go searching for it.

It reminds me of this time where I sat next to a person with a celebrity magazine. I kind of didn't get the appeal. It just talked about their lives and styles. Maybe if it talked about their new movies/TV shows/whatever they do, I'd like it more. I could care less about their personal life; I'm just interested in their work.

Wish
December 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
xD It's fun reading up on a few celebrities. Paris, Brittney, Lindsey. Yeah, they are fun to keep up with.

Kyoko
December 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Oh gosh, I'm addicted to celeb gossip, I watch E! News every night *nodnod* I actually know so much that all my friends come and ask me questions about their favorite people because I'm always up to date. Sad? Perhaps, but I find it interetsing.

Captain Arcane
December 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
I don't really care. If I hear it, I don't mind, but I don't go searching for it.

It reminds me of this time where I sat next to a person with a celebrity magazine. I kind of didn't get the appeal. It just talked about their lives and styles. Maybe if it talked about their new movies/TV shows/whatever they do, I'd like it more. I could care less about their personal life; I'm just interested in their work.

Exactly, I don't see the appeal. I could care less how Britney Spears cooks her grilled cheese sandwitch, even less if she got caught eating one.

Kayleigh
December 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Eh, not really. I'd have to be very bored to actually pick up a celebrity magazine, or watch something about them on TV. I just don't see the appeal in keeping up with their lives, because most of them have some pretty serious problems and aren't exactly the best role models for people to have.

But, I won't complain if anyone else enjoys doing that. It's just not my thing. XD;

Dogar The Brave
December 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
No, what's the point? I mean, they hate it... We hate them... It hates us... It's a circle of hate really...

Ausaudriel
December 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
I really don't care, to be honest. XD

Of course, there's the occasional interesting thing that might catch my eye, but in general it's just.. ehhhh, who cares. >.<

Tangerine Fox
December 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
There are far better things for me to do than waste my time reading about people who happen to be famous. If they happen to be doing something good for the world or are talking about something they're involved with I want to go see or whatever, I'll pay some attention, but swooning over people just for being famous is rather...pathetic, IMO.

Yes...so...yeah. I don't wish bad upon them just for being famous, I just don't really care.

Sora_8920
December 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
I don't really care about them, to be honest.

Azonic
December 2nd, 2007, 05:59 PM
I like them, yea O_o;

I'd be very entertained if Britney did that ... which she desperately needs to do.

Waffle-San
December 2nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Well, I sorta keep up with them, if there's like a story on the news or in a magazine like People (which isn't just about celebritiess) or Readers Digest (which has little about celebrities, unless they're related to human interest stories in some way.)

In all honesty though, I really don't care about too many, I feel sorry for a couple but that's it.
Plus the real celebritites are hockey players, I porbabley know a little too much about them.

Allen-kun
December 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
I couldn't care less.

But if it's gossip about some celebrity I hate, then I'll probably look into it..

Aegis
December 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Nope, not at all. I thinks it's pretty much a waist of time :/

But, I do look at the covers of some of the magazines while at the checkouts of stores and all, but I never keep up with it.

Astinus
December 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
I really don't care about the mainstream celebrities. The ones that I do care about don't do anything news worthy anyhow.

Besides, what's the point in learning that Angelina Jolie buys the same brand of toilet paper that I do? It's not information that's needed to know in order to live life. Nor is it interesting to...me. Other people might care, but I don't.

On to unfortunate side, gossip magazines are all that my place of work has for reading materials. So I have no entertainment at work unless I bring in a book of my own. And one of my friends tells me about the latest gossip in the magazines, since she subscribes to them, so I know more than I want to.

Umi Ryuzaki
December 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
To be honest I don't care about celebrities only of the celebrities who I admire or I like.

Himawarii
December 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I don't care most of the time xD

the only time I'll ever show if any interest is when I am bored and have nothing else to read about~Propaganda is a great cure fer boredom xD

Geometric-sama
December 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
As a Manly Man, I keep a close watch on the hot and sexy celebrities, such as Lindsay Lohan and Zac Efron. However, my needs are sufficiently filled by my harem of hot and sexy hos.

Jack O'Neill
December 3rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
I simply don't care about the exploits of these so-called "celebrities." Politics is infinitely more engaging anyways.

Geometric-sama
December 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
It is unmanly to dismiss celebrities like that, Jack O'Neill. Politicians these days enjoy a form of celebrity too.

Jack O'Neill
December 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
It is unmanly to dismiss celebrities like that, Jack O'Neill. Politicians these days enjoy a form of celebrity too.
There is a difference between people who matter, like Vladimir Putin, Hugo Chavez, and Nicolas Sarkozy, and people who don't matter, like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears.

Geometric-sama
December 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Do you deny that a politician such as Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama has a modicum of celebrity about him or her? It would be unmanly to deny this.

Jack O'Neill
December 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Do you deny that a politician such as Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama has a modicum of celebrity about him or her? It would be unmanly to deny this.
Of course they do. Their kind of celebrity differs vastly from the kind of celebrity that actors, musicians, and athletes have; it is the latter that I choose to dismiss.

Geometric-sama
December 3rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
But then you cannot say that ' [you] simply don't care about the exploits of these so-called "celebrities." ', because you do follow the doings of celebrities. It was not specified in the thread that "celebrities" refers only to non-politicians, and it was unmanly of you to assume so.

Jack O'Neill
December 3rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
But then you cannot say that ' [you] simply don't care about the exploits of these so-called "celebrities." ', because you do follow the doings of celebrities. It was not specified in the thread that "celebrities" refers only to non-politicians, and it was unmanly of you to assume so.
Resorting to attacking my semantics? How...unmanly of you to stoop so low.

The technical definition of celebrity would indeed include people like Vladimir Putin, Hugo Chavez, and Nicolas Sarkozy. However, the implied definition of the term in the context of this thread excludes politicians, and it's that definition that I'm dismissing.

Why the hell do we care more about the exploits of Lindsay Lohan and Zac Efron than about the battle between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination?

Amoeba
December 4th, 2007, 04:46 AM
I don't pay any attention to any of it. It's boring and I've got better things to be doing. Sadly it means when it comes to conversation with some people I'm clueless on what they're on about half the time I don't even know hey're talking about a celebrity, and when I ask they blurt something like "OMG you never heard of *celeb name*?!??!!".

Then I exit the conversation when I realise what they're talking about XD I don't want to know, dear.

Geometric-sama
December 4th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Resorting to attacking my semantics? How...unmanly of you to stoop so low.

The technical definition of celebrity would indeed include people like Vladimir Putin, Hugo Chavez, and Nicolas Sarkozy. However, the implied definition of the term in the context of this thread excludes politicians, and it's that definition that I'm dismissing.

Why the hell do we care more about the exploits of Lindsay Lohan and Zac Efron than about the battle between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination?

Because Lindsay Lohan and Zac Efron are hot and sexy, while Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are not.

RYOUKI
December 4th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I don't care about celebrities, to tell you the truth, I couldn't recognize one even if there are right in-front of me!
Though it really happened, a Huge Celebrity has gone shopping while I was wandering away from my parents, She bump into me and she looked that she is expecting something.
Though, I said: 'may I help you?' And she said: 'You don't know me, right?'
And just relaized it when my sister saw me with teh celebrity, boo hoo hoo. XD

Hayate
December 4th, 2007, 07:31 AM
^ Lolz xD That would be one of the most funny moments in one's life I can imagine.

As for me, I don't care about celebrities much at all...it's basically all the same, a certain popular and awesome woman marries an even more popular and awesum guy and they divorce 2 months later...nope don't even care the least about celebrities =D

Razer302
December 4th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I don't follow any celebrities. I find it a waste of time.

PB
December 4th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I'm quite the follower *hangs head in shame*

I would like to be famous and see what it is like, but i think the pressure would be tough to handle.

Plus the fact that it could take you about an hour to get a loaf of bread from the local supermarket because of fans wanting to chat and get autographs

Oni Link
December 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Don't really mind, unless the story is mildly humourous.
At the end of the day, they're just people like us.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I don't follow any celebrities. I find it a waste of time

took the words right out my mouth. if I met one that I liked in then thats when I'll care

:t354:TG

Jack O'Neill
December 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Because Lindsay Lohan and Zac Efron are hot and sexy, while Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are not.
The most preposterous notion that the proletariat has ever dreamed up is that these "celebrities" want the saccharine adoration of common men, can be swayed by their criticisms, and become petulant if they do not receive this attention. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of one of the largest and least productive industries in contemporary history.

Simply put, what have Lindsay Lohan or Zac Efron done for you recently?

Atomic Torkoal
December 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Those 'celebrities' or whatever they're called frighten me with their high-pitched voices and obnoxious looks. :'[

Snivi
December 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I don't keep up with them. If I happen to hear about one then ...that is just by chance.

Jordan
December 10th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Does politicians count as celebrities? If not, then no.

Jordan.

Lumine
December 11th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Celebrities are full of self-delusion, hypocrisy and attention seeking drug habits, no seriously.. they are spoiled drama queens and usually have absolutely no idea what they're talking about because they're under-educated. They drive cars that cost enough to feed a small town, they provide nothing practical to society and pack-rat millions of dollars all the while claiming to be enlightened humanitarians and giving away a few thousand dollars to charity which they could just as well wipe their bum with, so no :\

Karonte
December 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Dont care and dont wanna! (Except if they buy me stuff! Lol)