PDA

View Full Version : Perfect perfectionist.

Allen-kun
December 3rd, 2007, 06:35 AM
So any of you guys perfectionists?

If you don't know what a perfectionist is, just look at the first part of the word, "perfect".

Everything you do must be perfect, and if it isn't, it annoys you.

As for me, I'm somewhat of one.

I do everything perfectly, but if I'm too lazy to be perfect, then I won't bother with it, but it does annoy me.

But being lazy always wins me over. ;P

zel 2.0
December 3rd, 2007, 06:38 AM
I may be sometimes, but most of the time I am definitely not. It's just that it comes to the moment I ask to myself "do I really want to be a bit more trying to make this better?" and the answer usually is "Nah... It's ok..."

シーツー
December 3rd, 2007, 06:43 AM
Yea, I'm kind of perfectionist. Especially in drawings. I have to draw everything perfectly and I erase 100 times a pic and nevertheless in the end it will suck -_-
In some kind of school classes I'm perfectionist, too. E.g. in Sports, German and English...

Binary
December 3rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Yay iam a sorta perfect,
I do drawings really carefully and iam like good at cricket batstrokes.
But dunno about other things

~Celebi

Natti
December 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
I'm somewhat of one like... 85 to 95% of the time. >___< But my lazy and procrastinating side keeps me from being a 100% true perfectionist. DD:

*I really need to fix my science journal cover...*

Rekkage
December 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Hmm. I'm a perfectionist in some ways, but not in others. Like, anything to do with computers, and it has to be perfect. But with coursework and whatnot, I don't really care. I'm amazingly lazy with things that actually matter >.>"

Aegis
December 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
It depends on what I'm doing. Stuff like music and academics I am, but stuff like drawings I'm really not.

:x

Lady Nicole
December 3rd, 2007, 11:22 AM
I am a perfectionist to the nth degree. Sometimes I get very upset and angry if I can't do something perfectly (you really don't know my OCD) Nuff said =P

Nuke
December 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
Definately not.

I'm a bit lazy.

Sammi
December 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Overall, not really. I'm a lazy and sloppy person, and most of the time, I can't be bothered to make it really perfect. If I were a perfectionist, my room would be spotless and organized, I would have much better grades, and my writing would be ten times better than it is... XD

There are some things I'd like to get right, though. ^_^;;

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Never.

The only thing I would be a perfectionist at is at sleeping. XD
But people got to see, nothing can be perfect.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
December 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Yes I am...namely when it comes to myself.

Firebird306
December 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
With stuff that actually matters, I like things to be perfect however I am too lazy to fix it up. @_@ With stuff that isn't important such as this I want it to be perfect, but again I am too lazy. I am too much of a procrastinator but want things to be perfect, I'm terrible eh? XD

Wish
December 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
No, I have no reason to be a perfectionist, I'm not perfect in about anything.

Gummy
December 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
It really depends on the situation. If it's something stupid liek stacking my books in size order, then I'd make it perfect. But if it's homework, then no. I do what I have to do to pass and that's all...

♥~*Abby*~♥
December 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
When it comes to my appearance- yes. Yet sadly, that's the only thing...

Erimgard
December 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
I put maybe
I'm not a perfectionist in all areas...I'm quite slobby in some. In certain things however, I NEED perfection

Ausaudriel
December 3rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Well, not in the strictest sense, no. I personally don't believe "perfection" is obtainable (is it weird that I keep picturing Seven of Nine? XD), because I think everything can be improved upon further.

I suppose the best answer is "perfect is in the eye of the beholder". Perfect to one person may not be perfect to another.

Soul Eater
December 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
It actually depends, I mean if I'm writing something...I always want it to be perfect I don't like it when something doesnt make sense.

A good example for me would be my PC signature. I wont leave it alone until I am sure it is perfect and if something doesnt line up or something seems off...I immediately have to change it.

Natalie♥
December 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
I tend to be a perfectionist about thing. Like homework, my room, papers, ect.

Waffle-San
December 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
More than most people would think, once I get started things (mostly if I enjoy it) I sometime's enter a more perfectioniest attitude.
There are also time when I'm the total oppisate.

Geometric-sama
December 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
To be manly is perfect; thus I am already perfect and do not need to be a perfectionist.

Lumine
December 3rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Depends on my mood, but most of the time I'm a perfectionist =|

Lady Nicole
December 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
When it comes to my appearance- yes. Yet sadly, that's the only thing...

You can say that again! I won't allow myself to be seen if my hair's looking awful that day; I just stay home and hide...XD

EDIT: Yeah I know that's kinda pathetic but I can't help it >.<

Amoeba
December 4th, 2007, 04:50 AM
It depends on how motivated I am. If its something I'm quite drawn into then yes - if its chores than I do the job as it should be, but I find a lack of just a little mess and clutter upsetting. As for myself - I keep clean but couldn't care bout how I look, so no perfection there.

When it comes to projects, if I find I've mucked up even slightly on something ages ago and it's slightly affected everything in the project I made after that mistake then I'll scrap the entire project and start again.

So it depends.

Razer302
December 4th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I don't try to be perfect at anything I do. If it is something I like then I will do as best as I can. But if not then I will do all that is needed of me.

Cherrim
December 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm a very mild perfectionist. I think I used to be a full-blown one when I was younger, but I've gotten so lazy in recent years that so long as I actually finish something after dealing with my procrastination, I'm usually just happy it's done. I don't care if it's perfect anymore. XD

.houndoomed
December 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM
100% PERFECTIONIST RIGHT HERE! I'm so bad, I have to keep everything in my room (mostly my table) alligned. I have a cousin that's three, and when he plays with the stuff and puts them back in the wrong places or not straight, I go mad o.o.

Azonic
December 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
me? a perfectionist? ha ha you wish.

im nowhere near perfect

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
nope not even. I am not perfect. No one is, I'm probably semi Perfectionist

:t354:TG

Atomic Torkoal
December 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yess.

I have to draw and do schoolwork perfectly, or I beat myself up. >_< Which just makes me worse.

DarkGreg
December 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I would like to think that I'm not a perfectionist. I mean there are certain areas of work when i have to do everything perfect eg. art. And then again there are some areas when I don't really care and be lazy.

It depends on whether I'm motivated towards a certain subject, even at school.

Snivi
December 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Nope, pretty far from it - very laid back about things XD

Himawarii
December 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I am not a perfectionist at all;
I'm the oddball in a family of them though--thats one of the main reasons I dislike perfectionism XI;