PDA

View Full Version : If you had the entire world to yourself...

txteclipse
December 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
What would you do? I mean if there were no other people around, and you were utterly alone.

I, for one, would probably try to find a private jet, learn to fly it, and take trips to each country. I would make my home in Tokyo, most likely, because it's awesome there (or so I've heard). Aside from that, I would keep a journal of my experiences, and make a list of anything I find that I enjoy, like my own personal "wonders of the world".

Amachi
December 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but your ideas don't make any sense, nor would they actually work. Who's gonna teach you how to fly, fill up the plane with fuel, and so on. Heck, once you get in the air, how will you know we're you're going?

And even if you get to Tokyo, what'll be so great about it? There's no one there (unless there's something else I'm missing. Lastly, who will read your journal?

^^;;

I'd just try to live. If anything, I'd be working too hard to survive to have time to do anything else. Though if humanity had already existed at some previous point, I might try and recover books and that.

... I'm sure I'd eventually go insane and end up dying an early death.

Amoeba
December 4th, 2007, 04:59 AM
I would probably die from starvation or ilness - or just depression.

Loneliness is my greatest fear.

Lady Nicole
December 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I'd kill myself. I can't live without my boyfriend :(

Alter Ego
December 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Well, it would sure suck. You can't RP if you're alone in the world. D= *Brick'd*

Ehh...I'd probably get very, very bored. .__.

Aegis
December 4th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'd probably go insane, or kill myself. I can't stand to be alone in big places like that, nobody else on the planet would be even worse.

Sammi
December 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
...well, assuming there's electricity, I now have all the time in the world to play video games. 8D

In reality, I'd probably spend most of my time trying to find food and then crying about how bored I was. And then I'd probably do something stupid and kill myself...

Latios1996
December 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hmm tough one.....I would steal dark chocolate from a sweet shop lol ^^

Cross
December 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
lol oh my god. I'm so social I'd probably hang myself.
Can't this poll include a girl I could keep with me?

Atleast you didn't say anything about ANIMALS! I'd have a little doggie to keep me company! ^^

And if I was the only living being on earth....
Probably would just kill myself.

And if I was stuck with a pretty girl (like my GF Lorena) we'd probably try to reproduce, but it would be useless there because our kids couldn't. :<

Latios1996
December 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Woah,The other thing i would do is.....Go in a rocket and look for a new planet to live on lol ^^

Lady Nicole
December 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM
And if I was stuck with a pretty girl (like my GF Lorena) we'd probably try to reproduce, but it would be useless there because our kids couldn't. :<

Oh yes they could =P Just think of it as a pokemon game!! XD You can breed parents with kids and brothers with sisters! How gross is that?

Woah,The other thing i would do is.....Go in a rocket and look for a new planet to live on lol ^^

Lol! That's if you can survive for generations and generations =P And by the time you get to your new planet you'll be very old indeed lol.

Nuke
December 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'd design some cloning machine and clone myself.

Problem solved. [Until my clone turns evil]

Latios1996
December 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Then after the evil clone invasion i would clone myself too ^^

The Shadow
December 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM
In would probably commit suicide. Or I would try my hardest to survive. You must have gotten this idea from "I am Legend."

Anti
December 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
In would probably commit suicide. Or I would try my hardest to survive. You must have gotten this idea from "I am Legend."

Yeah, but who would want to live in NYC with nobody there? lol

Kind of defeats the idea of the big apple...lol

But anyways, I'd just go get all the food I could and everything I needed to survive. Probably go to the library and maybe learn how to cook some things any whatnot.

It would get boring and VERY lonely, but w/e, I'd press on. Still, since nobody has been in that situation, who knows? Maybe I'd go insane, very good possiblity. Oh, I'd make sure to get to a good climate too. hurricanes hitting me without any warning would be bad :0

Hey, at least there'd be no global warming :P lol

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Living won't be a problem because basic hunting, fishing and agriculture is easily figured out. With or without mankind's current assets.

If mankind did leave everything behind then just go find a book on whatever you need to know. Refridgeration and power-generating shouldn't impossible to learn.

However if I was alone then how am I suppose to continue the human race? XD

I guess cloning is my only option... but it's kind of pointless since I only have myself to clone....

Since I'm at the end of my kind, I'd try to seek the reason I was created in the first place. Hopefully I'd be able to reproduce the process in which I was created....

Black_Wolf
December 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I would go crazy (in a good way), Run across the street, into the armory, and get the biggest guns I could find, get in a vehicle, and lay waste to San Clemente.

Chibi-chan
December 4th, 2007, 06:04 PM
It'd all be good playing video games and whatnot until the electricity finally cuts off....then I'd probably commit suicide or something...there wouldn't be anything to live for really.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I would go crazy (in a good way), Run across the street, into the armory, and get the biggest guns I could find, get in a vehicle, and lay waste to San Clemente.
LOL Oh yeah! Have fun with arms. How could I forget. XDDD

Chibi-chan
December 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM

That's brilliant O:
Speaking of such, why not go and play with a Porsche? xD
I'd totally go car crazy.

Black_Wolf
December 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM

that should have been the first thing most people (at least the male members) should have done. You are not manly until you level a building, you know.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
OMG YES YES YES! Finally travel 350 km/h anywhere I want! Crash it, then go play with another car!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Edit: MUAHAHHA LEVEL MONTREAL CITY, THEN PARIS

Not that I hate them xD

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Wow, lots of negativity here XD

I didn't expect that. I would probably not feel all that great if everyone disappeared, either, but I'd at least try to make a life of it.

As far as I know, power plants are autonomous. I'd just learn to fly my private jet from a book, as someone else said, and then go to Tokyo, which would probably still be in working, running condition. As long as the power plants held, I would be fine. And even if they didn't, I'd have access to all of the world's tools, so I could pretty much fix anything.

I think it would be cool to basically be the keeper of a desolate world. You'd have all of civilization's greatest accomplishments at your fingertips, and could do whatever. I'd drive a tank everywhere, wear tuxedos all the time for no reason, and generally be the random person I've always been.

EDIT: that should have been the first thing most people (at least the male members) should have done. You are not manly until you level a building, you know.

Hooray for laying one-man-sieges on empty cities. Now that I think about it, I'd really only need about half of Tokyo to survive...giant, mechanical Godzilla mech, anyone?

Black_Wolf
December 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Wow, lots of negativity here XD

I didn't expect that. I would probably not feel all that great if everyone disappeared, either, but I'd at least try to make a life of it.

As far as I know, power plants are autonomous. I'd just learn to fly my private jet from a book, as someone else said, and then go to Tokyo, which would probably still be in working, running condition. As long as the power plants held, I would be fine. And even if they didn't, I'd have access to all of the world's tools, so I could pretty much fix anything.

I think it would be cool to basically be the keeper of a desolate world. You'd have all of civilization's greatest accomplishments at your fingertips, and could do whatever. I'd drive a tank everywhere, wear tuxedos all the time for no reason, and generally be the random person I've always been.

Until you discover that People have actually turned into zombies, and you have to make a last stand against them in order to keep them from exterminating humanity!!!!!!!!

or until the rats kill you, wich ever comes first.

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Until you discover that People have actually turned into zombies, and you have to make a last stand against them in order to keep them from exterminating humanity!!!!!!!!

or until the rats kill you, wich ever comes first.

But I'd be humanity. And someone with a tank does not generally worry about zombies. Or rats, for that matter.

If it makes you feel any better, I could also dig up a flamethrower somewhere. That would pretty much be all I'd need.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, it's all run by machinery 24/7, but you still need knowledge to maintain the plants.

Haha yes xD Enjoy all the luxury hotels!

Allen-kun
December 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM
That would be pretty awesome, but kinda lonely.

I'd just act like king and make robot friends to give me company.

Black_Wolf
December 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM
That would be pretty awesome, but kinda lonely.

I'd just act like king and make robot friends to give me company.

that's why I would stock up on Porrr.....VIDEO GAMES! yeah, that's it, video games....

Chibi-chan
December 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, it's all run by machinery 24/7, but you still need knowledge to maintain the plants.

Haha yes xD Enjoy all the luxury hotels!

Yes!! Maybe If i did know how to fly a plane, I'd love to go to a bunch of luxury hotels and mansions and all of that good rich lifestyle stuff~

Come to think of it, night time would be very dark with no lights on everywhere...how creepy.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hmm... to my knowledge all existing robotics work in assembly factory plants. But I suppose you could adjust some of them suit your needs, lol.

lol And Japanese dolls will have to half-satisfy your need of woman

Edit: Yeah, the rich life, the pretty furniture, gardens, and infrastructure. Hell just grab a super flash light. It ain't a problem.

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I want to move all of the awesome places in the world into one giant place. That would rock. The Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower could be my lawn ornaments, and I could combine the White House/Taj Mahal/Vegas Strip/etc. into one giant house.

I'd have a fleet of yachts piloted by monkeys, my bedroom would be under the ocean, and I'd take rockets to the moon once in a while, although I'd need to learn how to pilot them. Lol.

Now how would I move all those places together? Maybe tow them using large rafts and aircraft carriers?

Black_Wolf
December 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I want to move all of the awesome places in the world into one giant place. That would rock. The Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower could be my lawn ornaments, and I could combine the White House/Taj Mahal/Vegas Strip/etc. into one giant house.

I'd have a fleet of yachts piloted by monkeys, my bedroom would be under the ocean, and I'd take rockets to the moon once in a while, although I'd need to learn how to pilot them. Lol.

Now how would I move all those places together? Maybe tow them using large rafts and aircraft carriers?

And you are gonna man these how? And who would train the monkeys?

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 07:13 PM
You'll need a submarine to get to the bottom of the ocean... but why waste your life on a such a painful task. I mean it's cool to be able to live at the bottom of the ocean, but it's too risky. There's real big creatures down there even if you don't find the construction work a pain xD

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
And you are gonna man these how? And who would train the monkeys?

The carriers would be manned by monkeys. Or I'd rig them to be radio-controlled.

As for training the monkeys, I'd train one, and then train it to train more, lol.

This is getting a bit out of hand XD

You'll need a submarine to get to the bottom of the ocean... but why waste your life on a such a painful task. I mean it's cool to be able to live at the bottom of the ocean, but it's too risky. There's real big creatures down there even if you don't find the construction work a pain xD

There's already underwater buildings, I think. I'd just have to find one.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Really? At the bottom of the ocean? O.o; Hmm.... Never heard of such a thing.

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Or I could just find a combination between a luxury hotel and an underwater house.

http://www.designbuild-network.com/projects/Hydropolis/

People would need to stick around for a few more years to finish building it, though.

22sa
December 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Wow that's hot I like it!

I thought you meant bottom of ocean like in the middle of nowhere, not off some coast. xD