PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Warm

charizard_maa
December 4th, 2007, 08:00 AM
It is that time of the year again when the leaves change color and it gets a bit colder or for some people freezing. The days are shorter and it makes you wish you left to go home sooner because you are now walking inthe dark. Still also it is time to dig deep into your closet and reach in for that nice warm thing. So what do you reach for when it is cold? Do you grab the nice jacket or the cool hoodie or is it the plain sweater? Do you tend to wear the same hoodie everyday or do you just carry the same jacket? What is your favorite thing to wear when the freeze comes?

PB
December 4th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Jacket for going out, but theres nothing better than grabbing your duvet and snuggling under that and watching a good film :)

Autaven
December 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM
If I'm going out, I'll have on both a jumper AND a jacket. It gets really freezing in Scotland, and I'm terrible for being cold, even in Summer nevermind middle of Winter.

On my bed right now, I have 2 duvets and 2 sheets to keep me warm :) Heaven!

Razer302
December 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I will just put on a jacket. I don't wear a coat that often. I'm not effected by the cold that much so I never really need to wrap up that warm.

Oni Link
December 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I usually wear a hoody most of the year, unless it's hot, so when it gets cold I just wear a hooded black coat over the top of it.

Cross
December 4th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Let's say I just can't say what I "do" to keep myself warm because it's probably too vulgar for the rules.
But, aside from doing "that", it doesn't get too cold where I live. Although, since I'm so used to the warm temperature, if it gets down to the 60s, I have to wear a sweater. xDDD

Crystal Clair
December 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I wear fleeces. If it gets REALLY cold, then I wear my Shinji jacket (which has a very similar design and color to Shinji's jacket.

But I keep warm with my laptop and my heated bed
^_^ my room is normally a bit chilly, so the bed helps me.

Nuke
December 4th, 2007, 11:36 AM
but theres nothing better than grabbing your duvet and snuggling under that and watching a good film :)

Lol, same.

Jumper and Jacket together for me btw.

Lady Nicole
December 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Alright. When I'm very cold, I put on...(in order)

1. A jacket
2. A hoody
3. A coat
4. A mans large sweater
5. A giant mans XL sweater

=P

I hate being cold...:(

Cherrim
December 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I usually refuse to wear my winter jacket until it's winter, which for me is when the snow is staying on the ground. Unfortunately, the snow is in fact staying on the ground here, so I've taken to wearing my winter coat everywhere. I need to pick up a hat or toque or something, but for now, my jacket and my boots are usually enough to keep me warm.

Scytheteen
December 4th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm in the hood: the hoodie. I just can't stand red ears!

Spaekle Oddberry
December 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I have a parka. I love my parka. :D

Natalie♥
December 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I wear the same jacket or sweater.

Sammi
December 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I have a black jacket that I wear both outside and around the house. In fact, I'm starting to get cold now because I forgot it upstairs.

It has no zipper (it broke) and the buttons fail. I hate that. I'm buying a new jacket someday. >: And I think it's too thin to wear alone outside. But I don't really own any other sweaters I like.

Chikara
December 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Well umm... Layers is my style.

I usually wear a hoodie under my school uniform jacket. I still shiver. I'm just lame ><

Aegis
December 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I switch between three things, depending on how cold it is I alternate. Now that it's getting even colder, I usually wear a think brown wind-resistant jacket. It looks pretty awesome, and is really warm. When it's not cold enough to wear that, I have a green hooded sweat-shirt jacket from American Eagle I wear.

Allen-kun
December 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Clothes, obviously.

But my hoodies are the best. <3

Lover's Kite
December 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Let's say I just can't say what I "do" to keep myself warm because it's probably too vulgar for the rules.
But, aside from doing "that", it doesn't get too cold where I live. Although, since I'm so used to the warm temperature, if it gets down to the 60s, I have to wear a sweater. xDDD
....0_0...

Anyways, I wear a black hoodie. Gotta love the color black!

Chibi-chan
December 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
The lowest it'll get here is like....20-30 degrees on a bad day.
Sweaters are fun to wear; sweaters and a nice pair of jeans~
Only time of year you can wear them here!

Astinus
December 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I always grab a jacket. It's the one I've had for a few years: a green reversible one with a hood. I, my cat, and my dog love that thing, so I always have to nudge the pets off before I can wear it. But it is nice and warm afterwards. I don't normally wear the hood to protect my ears, since the entire time I'm outside, I have my headphones playing. If I can be bothered enough, I will wear a hat.

Lumine
December 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Just a jumper or sweater, I don't get cold that easily here during winter time =|

txteclipse
December 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I wear a jacket outside if it's really cold, but if not, I have these really awesome wool...things. They're hard to describe. It's kind of like a sweater but less poofy, more like a long sleeve shirt, but thicker...and the neck zips up, and you can flip up the collar to protect your neck...

Anyways, I wear those ^^

Amoeba
December 5th, 2007, 02:31 AM
My option wasn't there ^_^;

Here in Scotland it's been suprisingly mild. I have a pattern to what I wear at which time of year, and I always wear just enough to keep myself comfortably warm but this year has broken the mould.

This is what it is usually:
Summer - T-shirt only
gets cooler (September-ish) - T-shirt with long-sleeved t-shirt underneath
gets cool (October-ish) - T-shirt with two long-sleeved t-shirts underneath
Gets chilly (November-December-ish) - T-shirt with two long-sleeved t-shirts underneath and a weatherproof jacket on top.
Gets frigid (January-ish) - T-shirt with two long-sleeved t-shirts underneath and a big puffy feather jacket.

This is what it was this year:
Summer - T-shirt only
got cooler (October) - T-shirt with long-sleeved t-shirt underneath
got cool (November) - T-shirt with two long-sleeved t-shirts underneath
Got chilly from time to time but still just cool (December) - T-shirt with two long-sleeved t-shirts underneath and sometimes a weatherproof jacket on top depending on how cold it is.

I never wear more than I need because I hate to feel too hot. Has been such a strange year this year for weather. Summer wasn't that warm, but now its winter it still only feels like autumn.

Jubilation
December 5th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Let's see how weird I am, I prefer to freeze when it's raining 8)

TRIFORCE89
December 5th, 2007, 06:34 AM
I like the cold. I'm walking around in running shoes and a skit jacket. It's not zipped up and my hood is up.

I only wish I would buy some boots because I don't like when my shoes get soggy.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 8th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Well the weather doesn't bother me at all when it comes to Winter.. But my mom always tells me to put on a Jacket. I can be like I know its cold but I won't complain about it

:t354:TG

DarkGreg
December 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
If I'm going out in the Winter then my mum makes me put on like 4 layers of stuff.

To keep me warm, although it keeps me too warm. And then I hate sweating to death.

>:O

Atomic Torkoal
December 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I perfer jackets because I have neither of the other two. :P

Waffle-San
December 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Sometimes just a hoodie, but this years been exceptionally cold. So it's eather a jacket or a hoodie and a jacket.

I like sweater's, but I can't wear them indoors without sweating.

Snivi
December 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I have an insulated jacket. Its cozy warm ^^

Wish
December 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I grab The HOODIE!

Since it doesn't get too cold here, where I live, I have to wear something not to thick. So a Hoodie is perfect.

Himawarii
December 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Sometimes i wear the same sweater over and over,and other times I just wear a diffrent jacket ~
When I get home,the first thing I do is grab like,heaps of blankets XDD;

Soul Eater
December 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Hoodies are love, my friend. <3

Lol, I was so tempted to vote for, "I prefer to freeze".

charizard_maa
December 12th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I perfer the hoodie. I mean I use to change everyday from sweaters and hoodies but every since I got into uni I just been using the same one. When it get freezing or just too cold for my liking I get the bet black jacket out and keep myself warm.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
December 24th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Coats for outerwear. LIEeK OBVIOUSLY!!!!11 ITZ LIEK FRIGGIN` FREEZED UP OUTSIDEE!!11!1!!~~ ;;

Indoors I just have to wear one of my hoodies or zip-up jackets. Sometimes I even wear my coat indoors...

Lo-chan
December 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I don't mind the cold. But when it is really cold to where I have to take a jacket out, then I just wear a jacket. Its not really even a winter jacket XD

And at home when I get cold, i just get a blanket to keep myself warm xD

bna_li
December 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
The hoodie. Actually I prefer wearing a jacket outside of a hoodie but that's not an option. -_-

Hawt Pig
December 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
But, aside from doing "that", it doesn't get too cold where I live.

Piggedy Pig: ...

Huh? What's the problem, Piggedy Pig? Why did you quote that nice little boy?

Piggedy Pig: *oink* *snort* *oink* *snort* *SNORT* !!!

Huh? What do you mean he was being indecent? "That" sounded pretty vague to me. He could be talking about anything!

Piggedy Pig: *shakes head*

Since you seem so sure of yourself why don't you tell me what he was talking about?

Piggedy Pig: *thinks* ... *grabs a hot dog*

Huh? Piggedy Pig, what on earth are you doing with that hotdog --

Piggedy Pig: *strips bread roll away from the hotdog*

Ah...okay? I still dont understand where you are going with this... Oh wait, is that sausage supposed to represent his --

Piggedy Pig: *pours mustard all over sausage* ... *strokes gently with hooves*

!!! Okay, Okay!!! I get it. NOW I understand what he means by "that", sheesh. Put that darn sausage away now.

Piggedy Pig: *smiles sheepishly*

You're right, that is pretty indecent of him.
'nyway, when I need to keep warm, I resort to jackets, sweaters, sometimes two pairs of pants, the usual winter stuff. What do you do to keep warm, Piggedy Pig?

Piggedy Pig: *grabs a hotdog* ...

>O

Shiraishi
December 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
When I'm out, I wear a coat. When I'm inside I put my feet into the other leg of my sweat pants. I dislike wearing socks at home.

mvtm
December 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Well where i live on Venezuela,its usually warm since we dont have Winter.
Yep.Tropical Weather!
Still i think i like more cold rather hot temperature.You see,if you get cold you grab a sweater or something,but if its hot..what your gonna do...get naked?

Anyways,i love hoodies.I have a Hollister one,and 2 Abercrombie ones,plus some random ones too.Then goes the Jacket which i have like 3 and then a coat for outwear when i am travelling to snowy countries.But, most of the time i use hoodies,to go to college very early,like at 6:30am. :O

Silence
December 30th, 2007, 01:18 AM
It's summer over in Australia right now, so I don't really need one at the moment, but in the colder winter months I wear an overcoat or a trench coat (generally coats that reach down below your knees). I picked a jacket, as that is probably closest.