PDA

View Full Version : Do you learn for school?

シーツー
December 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
-Yes, I do
-Just before we write a test
-Sometimes
-No, I don't

So do you learn for school tests?
I normally don't do so, because my marks are well without learning. But I have to say, that I always take part in school and I always do my homework.

What about you?

Razer302
December 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I am not good at tests. I am better at learning during class when I help people.

Hayate
December 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Well, with final exams upcoming I think it's fairly normal to be studying alot at the moment...so its a yes from me.

Autaven
December 4th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I'm at College but yes I do. I don't find the exams extremely hard, I just like being well prepared just incase.

Sammi
December 4th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I tend not to study... :/ Which is probably why I'm doing so bad in some of my classes, like Math. I have a test coming up. I should study.

...but I have better things to do. D;

latioslegends
December 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM
You know I never study for a test. I just have a excellent memory^_^ and i usually get B- to a A. But I should study still anyway^^"

Cherrim
December 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Before high school, I'd never studied a day in my life. Even IN high school, I didn't know how to study so my studying was very lacking. I still managed to pull off good grades, though.

Now in university, I'm having a problem because of that. I dunno how to study, so I'm pretty screwed for exams in a week. 8D;

I can only study before tests and exams, though. I can never bring myself to study days or weeks in advance, though I'm going to have to this time. DX

Spaekle Oddberry
December 4th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Typical school day for BlueberryPoffin:

*on the bus*
Me: ZOMG WTF BIOLOGY TEST TODAY *CRAMCRAMCRAM*
*before Biology class*
Me: There, I think I know it all. Except that, wtf, I don't get that. Oh well. It's one teeny thing.
Biology teacher: *somehow makes entire test about that one teeny thing*
Me: It never fails. :|

On most occasions I don't have to study, except in Biology and Latin. You just can't pass Latin without studying. When you have my teacher, at least.

Allen-kun
December 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I did, but it just goes in one ear and out the other.

So I don't bother anymore and just try to fluke exams.

And it seems to be working.

Melody
December 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I learn well in school. Very well. I aced my exams in HS. Heh, When you ace your exams like I did back then you have plenty of room to slack off during the year on the occasional assignment or project as long as you make darn sure you PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS

Anyway I don't suggest anyone repeat what I do. It may not work for you. Hopefully all of you reading this post have the common sense to not try it. But I included the warning just in case.......

Virtual Chatot
December 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I get straight A's, and I never study D:

Somehow I remember everything subconsciously while I'm in class, since I never pay attention.

Astinus
December 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Depends on the class. For my history class this semester, everything the teacher says goes into my brain and is ingrained there pretty much forever. And he can't fail me no matter what shoddy work I do, so sometimes I don't worry in his class.

For the other classes, I do study. I have to for Art History and Geography. But at times, it's really hard to study for a class like American Literature.

Ausaudriel
December 5th, 2007, 01:25 AM
For the other classes, I do study. I have to for Art History and Geography. But at times, it's really hard to study for a class like American Literature.
Eeeeergh, with you there. American Literature is SO boring for me. D: I'm taking it right now, and I thought I'd actually enjoy it, but... blah. Melt my brain. :x

It depends for me as well. Generally I don't really study a whole lot for tests and things, I pretty much just remember whatever I need from when I learned it the first time. :B

RYOUKI
December 5th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I just do things on my basic knowledge, I don't 'STUDY'
Since that's what Test are all bout, test your 'current' knowledge.

Binary
December 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Well i do study alot..like 3hrs a day..im not kidding.
When my exams come i just study like most of the day..but i hate it.
Dad always tells me to study, then more study, then study alot till you die.

~Celebi

Romance Hero
December 5th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Except for math, I pretty much have all the basic knowledge that I need - that the high school is setting as their standard of knowledge. I studied high school subjects in elementary school because that is what caught my interests. I really don't need much more education that what I already need at the moment, well, that is what I think anyway. I may be totally wrong. The only thing I'm learning in high school is my life experience and I really do not see the point in the classes I'm taking, because they do not fulfill my needs. As you can imagine, I excel at all subjects, besides math. The only thing I'm really learning in is Art and English, and I don't intend to find any other interests and have one goal set in mind. However, what I do, I don't encourage, because all situations are different. Just because I said "I know all that I need to know right now" doesn't mean you should stop going to school. It's just another part in your becoming of an adult.

And yes, I still go to class everyday. And the low level of educational standards bore me.

Sylphiel
December 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Up until university, I rarely studied for tests. I could usually remember what I learned in classes to help get me by, and rather well, and whenever I did study it was mostly just a quick look-over to refresh my memory.

Then came some of my university classes, and...yeah, no way was I about to pass some of those tests without studying. My memory's good (assuming something can get past my short-term memory), but not good enough to do things like...remember pictures, titles, dates, and whatnot for art history classes without cramming them in somehow. @__@

Scytheteen
December 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM
How do you learn for school? Do you mean study...? If so, about 5 days before a test I study.

Wish
December 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I always study at the last moment. ^.^ That has always been a bad habit of mine.

Tapioca
December 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I learn AT school, not FOR it.

And I mean that literally XD

I don't study. I just don't have the attention span to do it. I have a really good memory though, so that makes up for it.

Azonic
December 5th, 2007, 04:08 PM
i dont study for skool tests :D

The Real AAA
December 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM
no I come to school to socialize n stuff

Avolition
December 5th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Do I learn for school? Yes, right before I write a test. =\ I barely ever study, and if I do, it's usually for quizzes, not tests, and it's right before the quiz. But I have a photographic memory, so it works fine. In fact, I study better right before the quiz, lol.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 8th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yes, I study 2 days before the test is announced, most of the time it works. It also depends on the class subject whether its fun or boring

:t354:TG

DarkGreg
December 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I don't learn at all. The way they are forcing the words to me does not appeal to me.

Therefore, I don't learn much at school. Unless it's something that I'm genuinely interested in, then I will learn. =/

Atomic Torkoal
December 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I normally don't do so, because my marks are well without learning. But I have to say, that I always take part in school and I always do my homework.
Same here. I've studied just about... Er, never?

Waffle-San
December 8th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Um news flash, If your doing your homework, or just paying attention in class, chances are your learning something. Mayb enot something too big but you are learning something.

So yes I do learn from school, it might not always be about the peticular subjet I'm supposed to learning about, but I still learn some little thing. Even if its sub-consiously and I don't really notice.

Haruka of Hoenn
December 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Simply paying attention in class does it for me most of the time. If I'm really confused on something, I'll go over it a few times until I'm comfortable with it.

Flameguru
December 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I do my homework, projects, etc. I don't Study. I get A's. School is Simple, and btw, I'm in High school.

Snivi
December 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I never studied when I was in school.

Himawarii
December 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I don't remember the last time I actually "studied" xD;
The only time I ever do study is if I truly don't get the concepts being taught D: