PDA

View Full Version : Project 64

chobo357
December 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I'm trying to use a Nintendo 64 Emulator (Project 64), and it won't play any roms, since it keeps saying I don't have the right plugins. My computer recently had to have everything cleared (blue screen of death or something like that), so it is just like when I first got it. The emulator worked before this, so what do I do?

Blazichu
December 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm trying to use a Nintendo 64 Emulator (Project 64), and it won't play any roms, since it keeps saying I don't have the right plugins. My computer recently had to have everything cleared (blue screen of death or something like that), so it is just like when I first got it. The emulator worked before this, so what do I do?

Make sure you have plugins in the Plugins folder after being installed. If they are there then go Options > Settings and make sure none of those boxes are blank.

chobo357
December 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
How do I check the Plugins folder? I went to Options > Settings and none of the boxes were blank.

Blazichu
December 6th, 2007, 04:48 PM
How do I check the Plugins folder? I went to Options > Settings and none of the boxes were blank.

You have to go to the Folder that is called "Project 64" inside there, there should be a folder called "Plugins". Make sure that has .dll files in it.

chobo357
December 8th, 2007, 07:59 PM
It does have .dll files in it.

Wait, I just downloaded a graphics plugin, and now it plays roms, but it plays them really slowly. Any help?

Red
December 9th, 2007, 11:09 AM
It does have .dll files in it.

Wait, I just downloaded a graphics plugin, and now it plays roms, but it plays them really slowly. Any help?The best advice is probably get a better computer... Sorry...

chobo357
December 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
But my computer used to play them perfectly before.

I've tried using 1964, and when I try to run a rom, this message shows up:
No hardware-accelerated Direct3D device were found. Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly.