PDA

View Full Version : Maturity

Jubilation
December 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Have you matured from the time you joined PC?

Ausaudriel
December 9th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I've matured immensely. It amazes me at times, actually.

Reading over old old IM logs and forum posts of mine, old stories, etc., I have a hard time believing it's actually me. XD I think I've definitely come along way in the last two years, but at the same time.. I might be a little too.. stiff now. :x I dunno how to better describe it. Just not as fun as I used to be. D:

DarkGreg
December 9th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I think I've matured a great deal since I've joined PC. Looking over my old posts and stuff... I couldn't believe I said those things; I think I wouldn't have said them now. :P

Hakeen
December 9th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I've matured in many ways... except sometimes I think I'm still the same, but whatever. XD

Anyway, I used to create sentences without any thought of grammar and spelling (on my third account I still do actually :x) Something major though, is my change in care for post counts, I don't care about post counts anymore, only major counts like the count to infinity, where basically it is counting... Oh, and I also know alot more now than I first did... and I've made friends that have helped me mature too.

I only really talk to myself when nobody else is there, though I should try to get over that sometime soon. I still act stupid at times... such as earlier today, with the things (it wasn't exactly PC, it was the chat, but yeah, that counts as PC) and I'm not someone who's obsessed with Pokémon anymore. Back to the post count part though, at the start of this year I cared about where my username was on the posters for thread list, and now, I don't care... just as long as I'm ahead of everyone else at the DCC and TCTI -cough-

So yeah, I've matured alot, but yet I still haven't, and I can't really write large posts still either... (this is only somewhat large) and, I'll probably continue to mature and become better than I currently am now... (better as in... nicer)

Wish
December 9th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah I guess.

Back in the days of Mr. Phychic. I was HATED by all. The reputation said it all. I look back at some old posts and saw stuff like (filler) and all of that. I was surprised that was me. I never do that now. I was also very stuck up and kept being mean to people. Plus I asked many n00bish questions. It was obvious that I was not too old then. I still am not finished Maturing yet though. I feel like people still look down on me. I want to change that.

Jaimes
December 9th, 2007, 03:53 AM
I was mature when I got here ¬_¬

Binary
December 9th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I wasn't really matured even though it was just 2months and 12 days ago since I just joined, this is the first forums that I have joined and I didn't have much knowledge really of what to write and what to not write.
I look at my old posts and think, have I really posted that and feel embarassed.

~Celebi

Allstories
December 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I think I was nicer five years ago when I joined than I am now. I was pretty nice for a while but then I think I just progressively devolved into a sordid troll. My egomania probably peaked about two years ago, and it has since subsided, so I don't really pick fights like I used to, but I'm still pretty much a more intelligent and overall well-rounded person than everyone here.

Suki
December 9th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I think I have really matured over the time I joined. I mean I was a noob on PC and also I was quite immature IRL.

.houndoomed
December 9th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I was a COMPLETE and utter noob when I first joined. Thank God I only made like 5 posts before I left and lost this place ^_^
Although when I came back a year later, most of my noobness had left me.

Now I know why people under 13 shouldn't be on forums D=

wakachamo
December 9th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I've definitely matured, but I also think I've created a sort of evil, assish side of me. XD Meh, it's been 2 years, and all I can say is I've changed. A lot.

Usagi-Chan~
December 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I was a COMPLETE and utter noob when I first joined. Thank God I only made like 5 posts before I left and lost this place ^_^
Although when I came back a year later, most of my noobness had left me.

Now I know why people under 13 shouldn't be on forums D=

what is that suposed to mean im nine and yes i think I have matured from being a noob who hates a certin person on the fourms
to a mature user who hates a certin person on the fourms

Azonic
December 9th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I don't know. :D What do you think? D:

Mature ... ¬.¬

Anti
December 9th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah, certainly. Just look through my old posts, HUGE difference. I think when you join a community as large as this one, you have to get over yourself and learn to coexist with everybody else. IMO at least.

Though I don't think smilies have anything to do with maturity, whoever said that earlier. It's the internet, it's tougher to show your emotions.

But yeah, I've definately mature. I was very arrogant when I first joined, and stupid on top of it. Meh, I'm still arrogant, but I'm definately better than before, and I've actually gotten a bit smarter (common sense-wise). so yeah.

Chikara
December 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Absolutely. I'm lucky I wasn't banned when I first joined. I was so spammy and nooby back then it scares me now ><

I still post things I shouldn't, I'll admit that, but not nearly as much as I used to.

22sa
December 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
When I first join all I cared for is my post count, speed posting, and getting known. : D

Even so I must say my posts were a lot more interesting then then they are now.

It looks like I'm the only one here saying that.

But it's true. I had so much enthusiasm then. I made everyone feel awesome. Despite that I'm more understanding now, I'm nowhere what I could do when I joined in 2003. : D

...My art has improved though.

Avolition
December 9th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I don't sound like a noob, typing with i(for I), r(for are), u(for you), y(for why), and the like. But I wouldn't say mature. I say owned and stuff like that. I type in complete sentences, punctuation, capitalization, and all that crap, but yeah. I'm still a 13 year old. =\ I just don't sound like an Internet retard.

Man of Faith
December 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I never really used all of the "i", "u", "owned" stuff... >.>

And I always try to use proper grammar, unless I'm just bored and feel like typing, "Me are here"...

Jordan
December 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Compare my posts in this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43044) with my current posts (look in the profile for the latest posts you lazies) and you tell me whether I have matured or not.

Jordan.

Kayleigh
December 9th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Despite the fact that I was probably more of a n00b when I first joined, I can at least say that I did actually use proper grammar back then. I'm proud of myself for that. XD; I still used smilies and certain acronyms like "lol", but I don't find those nearly as annoying to read as stuff like "ur" and "wut". Those just... need to go away.

But anyway, I think that I've matured a little bit over the years, but I don't see a really big difference in my personality now compared to the way that it was when I was younger. I'm usually happy most of the time, and can still be hyper and stupid when I'm around my friends. :3 It's all okay for me.

PB
December 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I've matured, it may sound weird becuase I'm a new member but I have. I was looking at my old account the other day and i saw how much i had changed - mainly the grammer!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 9th, 2007, 01:27 PM
You bet I have.
It used to be double posts, spam, the whole what-not-to-do-but-did-it-anyway package when I first joined.
but, i left for a while before i was banned and came back. I haven't been that way since :D

Cross
December 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I've actually gotten much much worse since I joined.
\o/

Chuchino
December 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Good gracious, I hope I have. o_o;; I feel ashamed looking back on my old posts, and I've only posted 500+ times. >.>;

When I first joined forums, I must've been 12 or 13 and a total, complete and utter n00b. When I first joined here I was 14, and I think I have matured by leaps and bounds. Dx I was never one for shorthand and leetspeak, but really, in terms of conversational matters and construction of posts, I should think so.

zel 2.0
December 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Well, it's a bit hard to be any more mature for me. But, I guess being around PC has taught me to be more gentle about other people and relate a bit better.

I personally don't think the use of more or less smilies has any relation to your level of maturity. Acting like a fool or being a completely boring person through your posts don't really say anything about your level of maturity as well.

Myoko-chan
December 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I matured quite alot, back when I first joined, I was quite a rule breaker, I even got banned once. But now Im different =P

Sammi
December 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I like to think I have. :D

Nah, I have. Hell, I've looked back to when I was first modded, and I tell myself, "Wow! I've changed, and for the better." And from when I was modded, I knew I wouldn't have been able to handle the mod position any time before that. I wasn't mature enough for the real responsibilities it held. If I had trouble so bad back then that I wanted to quit, what would have happened before then? I don't even want to think about it.

...it figures that it went into mod babble. I talk about what I know, I guess.

But seriously, when I go really far back, I do feel weird. Usually it just seems... a little childish, I guess. I feel a little ashamed of myself, because it is so weird and childish. But, what happened then made me what I am today, I suppose, so it's all good, in the end.

I personally don't think the use of more or less smilies has any relation to your level of maturity. Acting like a fool or being a completely boring person through your posts don't really say anything about your level of maturity as well.

I pretty much agree with you, especially the second part. I know I can sound really stupid and silly most of the time some times, but I think I'm mature when the time calls for it. I just don't want to be super serious all the time. :/

I tend to cut the smilies in serious posts, though, or at least most of the way; I might have one or two, but that's about it. I don't know... I just feel that a serious post littered with smilies just isn't the right thing to do. Meh.

Kura
December 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Heck, yes. I matured a lot. But it was not BECAUSE of PC that I matured. It's a strange story, actually, but my maturity was influenced by the people on PC, yes.

Geometric-sama
December 9th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Given that I have now been a member for over five years, I would like to believe that I have matured from my first postings, when I was just 42.

Lilith
December 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I haven't really been here long enough to "mature" and I think I might have gotten worse or at least opened up to others a lot.. It's sad because I've went from sophisticated 17 to psycho 4 lawl. XD

Klippy
December 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Beyond belief. Mine, Ryan, and Krafty's old conversations would scare most people.

Okami
December 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
*coughdependsonwhatyoumeanbymaturedcough*
LOL no, all joking aside, well, I kinda joined about a week ago, so I really can't say much right now.

♥~*Abby*~♥
December 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yes... in fact, it scares me how much I matured. ~_~

I used to be a n00b... and everyone hated me. Even though quite a lot of people still hate me, I'm not a n00b... thank gawd. I hated the old me.

Drew
December 10th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I have somewhat, however I'm not too sure that PC had a whole lot to do with it.
Still, the thing I've noticed the most is probably that a couple years ago, I was certainly more hyper, and fangirly
than I'am now. Like I said, PC didn't really have much to do with that..

I'm not sure that people who have watched my posts, or remember them, would have noticed much difference.
Mainly because since I've joined this place, I've tried to keep my posting style pretty much the same.
So if I've changed at all, it's not too noticable in my posts, I don't believe.

Still.. I might have to go check on that now, haha.

Jeremy
December 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure sweeties. =/ I might have matured, or I must have already been mature when I joined PC. XD All I know is that I add the word "sweetie" to every post, does that show signs of maturity? XD

THECHAMPISHERE88
December 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I say that none of you are mature for thinking you can get mature on a kid's website...

Yingxue
December 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Yes. Definitely. I was 11 when I first joined on my old account, lol. (If I remember right)

Randall Raichu
December 10th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I have matured a lot. I used to be a little newb and now I understand more and I dont fight with anyone when they try and correct me.

Anti
December 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I say that none of you are mature for thinking you can get mature on a kid's website...

Yet that comment in and of itself was extremely immature :/

you don't mature because of the subject matter IMO; You mature because you have to learn to cooperate and communicate with other people and learn to get along.

Not to mention this isn't a mere "kid's website." That too is an immature comment and a way too stereotypical view on pokemon.

Maturity doesn't even have to do with what you like :/ I like Spongebob Squarepants and I view myself as mature for not merely labeling people over what somebody likes or anything related to that.

Another example of "Think before you post" :/

Warheart
December 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Nah dude, I'm still the exact same person as I was back in January when I first joined up. I'm still the same egotistical, Self-centered, careless Murderface you all knew me as before..by you all, I mean the like, 4 people who I actually talked to before my name change >_>

Seriously, even if you go back and check my welcome thread, I type..basically the same way xD

Crimson Majestic
December 12th, 2007, 04:56 AM
When I first join all I cared for is my post count, speed posting, and getting known.
Even I can say so, but that's not saying much... coming from me. :P

I digress...

Like him, I joined when the this place was first establish in 2003, back when PokemonElite2000 merged along with this fine community. Back then, we were fighting amongst ourselves while I used this as a substitute for PE2K then. Eventually, Ryan made his decision to withdraw from this joint effort. I was relieved, we could finally gain mutually exclusive friendships. Thus, I started to lose interest in PC and drifted off. Every once in awhile, I would lurk around to see if I could find something interesting, but not too often as many of you can tell these days. In retrospect, I regret leaving here, because now I am stuck there and isn't the same. Ah well, what can one do now?

What I am trying to say is that I'm slowly coming from an extrinsic view to actually trying to embrace broad and close friendships and acquaintances online, as silly as that sounds. Of course, I'm trying to do this in real life as well, but I don't expect to accomplish such an endeavor overnight.

By the way, if anyone cares to connect the pieces of my past, then perhaps Vegetto6252002, Vegetto625, Super Vegito 625, Vegito 625, and SSJ4 Metallica will come into light? Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I used to be a huge DBZ and Metallica fan.

Now that I have shared my life story, good luck to this actually lasting more than a couple minutes.

Amoeba
December 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Considering it's only been a month or two... or three...? *not sure* Probably not by much at all.

Cassino
December 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Indeed I have, much during my time away from this place though. xD;

Virtual Chatot
December 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I was a complete moron until I hit puberty, then everything became slow and I began to be quieter and think about things I do before I do them.

I don't think using smilies makes you any less mature looking, Excessive Smily use is the worst.

kuku-melon
December 12th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Well, I think that I have matured immensely in this past 6 months, the way I see things now is totally different than the way I saw them 6 months ago. But joining PC had nothing to do with that.

Randall Raichu
December 12th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Yet that comment in and of itself was extremely immature :/

you don't mature because of the subject matter IMO; You mature because you have to learn to cooperate and communicate with other people and learn to get along.

Not to mention this isn't a mere "kid's website." That too is an immature comment and a way too stereotypical view on pokemon.

Maturity doesn't even have to do with what you like :/ I like Spongebob Squarepants and I view myself as mature for not merely labeling people over what somebody likes or anything related to that.

Another example of "Think before you post" :/

You just became my new best friend!

Razer302
December 15th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I have changed quite a lot since I first joined. I never used to do full punctuation or anything like that. Now I use full punctuation.

Avolition
December 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM

I don't even think the Pokemon has anything to do with it, even though that does play a major part in growing up. It's the way you act and type and whatnot. I could name a few noobs tht tlk lyk dis. It also gets really annoying when you try and have a serious conversation with them and they act like a 10 year old. =\ I'm also not saying all ten year olds are immature, just most. That's another stereotype. Even though I've yet to find a mature person under 12 or 13. I also noticed you're banned. Maybe for stereotypical spam posts like the one you posted?

I was a complete moron until I hit puberty, then everything became slow and I began to be quieter and think about things I do before I do them.

I don't think using smilies makes you any less mature looking, Excessive Smily use is the worst.

That's true, I use smilies a lot, but I :)don't ;) post >_< smilies >_> every <_< other D: word. =\ This also isn't a spam post, since it concerns maturity, which is the name of this thread.

CookieCooks
December 15th, 2007, 09:49 AM
No. I haven't matured at all. I remain the same old person for the past centuries and beyond. I still sleep with my Buzz Lightyear toy and I push his button to memorize his memorable catchphrases so I could forever remain immature.

--CC (My signature by the way)
(Yes it is like a handwriting to show off that this is a REAL POST DONE BY ME)
(YES IT IS DONE ELECTRONICALLY SO YOU DON'T KNOW MY ACTUAL HANDWRIITING)
(NEVERMIND IT IS MY ACTUAL HANDWRITING)
(YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO SIGN THIS I--aksdflfdka)

TWAP
December 15th, 2007, 10:46 AM
iM SO MATURE, i'M TWAP! I love being TwAp!

No. I haven't matured at all. I remain the same old person for the past centuries and beyond. I still sleep with my Buzz Lightyear toy and I push his button to memorize his memorable catchphrases so I could forever remain immature.

--CC (My signature by the way)
(Yes it is like a handwriting to show off that this is a REAL POST DONE BY ME)
(YES IT IS DONE ELECTRONICALLY SO YOU DON'T KNOW MY ACTUAL HANDWRIITING)
(NEVERMIND IT IS MY ACTUAL HANDWRITING)
(YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO SIGN THIS I--aksdflfdka)

Hi I'm TEWAP MR LIKE POOKEMANS ! YAY TWAP!

Anxiety.
December 16th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think I have, I mean, sometimes I am dead serious, but most the time I will post a ridiculus comment on something, like the Universal Santa thread, I posted Poopsicles, then I write my answer, so I don't think I have really matured, I still post stupid stuff, but I have been told that is why I am so fun to hang around with, 'cause I am stoopid XD

Gumball Watterson
December 16th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I have matured big time. Unlike years ago, i was a total No0b, when look back at my posts i couldn't beleive that was me. Well then again, it may have been that pretty long ban last year *shudders*

peirateis
December 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I do believe, with certainty, that I have matured quite a bit in the four years that I've been a member. Then again, you must keep in mind that I was 11 when I joined, and I have since learned much about life. I believe I've also become quite a smartass in my everyday speech. But that's why people love me. ;D

Randall Raichu
December 17th, 2007, 06:43 AM
For some people you can tell. If you were friends with someone when you both were new here and your post are five words in a Role play. Now if you look at them, thier posting almost a page of writing. Its great being here but in my span of time gone, it seems like everyone I used to talk to left as well. So I'm almost becoming a veteran on here.

Ciervo Volante
December 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Definitely. I'm not as annoying and fangirl-ish as I used to be.

And I know the difference between your and you're now! 8D And I actually spell the word awesome right! ANDANDAND-

</Rambling

Michii
January 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Seeing as I just joined yesterday, no.
But I have changed. I feel more comfortable in the forums and I'm showing my true personality. =]