PDA

View Full Version : Mute or Pause

Chikara
December 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
If your listening to music/watching TV, or something and someone comes into your room, do you mute it or pause it?

Honestly I don't see the point of mute. Unless your one of those people who mutes the commercials o.o'

Proto
December 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I paaaaaaause. I don't want to miss anything. XD People always look at me funny because of my music, anyway. :[ I just kinda smirk. >:3

Of course, this only applies to music. I can't pause my TV. :x No DVR.

Black_Wolf
December 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM
If your listening to music/watching TV, or something and someone comes into your room, do you mute it or pause it?

Honestly I don't see the point of mute. Unless your one of those people who mutes the commercials o.o'

If I'm Watching TV and someone enters my room, I will pause if possible, otherwise I'll just mute the TV.
Music, I'll most likely pause, unless is someone annoying, in which point I'll pump up the volume.

Now, If something enters my room, I'm pretty sure I'll freak out and try to kill it.

Beatrice
December 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I always mute it because I'm to lazy to pause it.
I also don't have a DVR in my room.
Even when I do have a DVR or I'm watching a movie, I never pause it because...well, I'm not quite sure myself. :|
Pausing is for gaming.

Gummy
December 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM
You just make these polls at the spur of the moment, don't you?

If its a movie that I've seen already, then I'd mute it and just watch the screen as someone talks. However, you can't do that with music, so I pause it.

Wish
December 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Since I have a DVR. I Pause it. I NEVER want to miss any of the action. Besides when it comes to music, if you mute it, you probably miss the good parts of the song anyway.

Went
December 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM
If I'm listening to music, I pause it, I don't want to lose a single note. If it's TV, I usually stop it unless I'm not really paying too much attention. And I ALWAYS mute the commercials, by the way.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I do neither

When I'm in a nice mood I usually pause it and for T.V I lower it

:t354:TG

PB
December 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I pause my music, so i don't miss any; And I mute the TV.

DarkGreg
December 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Pause music, no point in muting. You'll miss something.

But you can't pause TV, so I just turn the volume down.

diamondpearl876
December 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I rarely watch movies on my TV, so I can't pause. And I don't have TiVo or whatever that allows you to pause in the middle of shows, so... always mute. Or I try to make the person talk over the volume of the TV anyways.

Sammi
December 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I tend to pause things if I can. I rarely watch TV, so it'll either be video games or music that I'll have to stop. It's easy to pause both of them, so I always pause video games unless it's at a place where I can just let it run without it doing anything.

For music, sometimes I'll turn it down instead. It depends on which one's easier to do at the time.

Himawarii
December 9th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Pause :x

I mute when I'm listening to music and watching something and feel like watching the people or characters lip sync the song XDD

Lucy Lu
December 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I put in pause when I am listening to music or watching tv. I have a DVR, and it comes in handy when I have a phone call or something. Same way as if I am listening to music.

Geometric-sama
December 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I pause, because I am addicted to last.fm and do not want to accidentally scrobble tracks I don't like.

Snivi
December 9th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I pause it.

Don't want to have to rewind if I don't have to.

Firebird306
December 9th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I always have my headphones on as I'm embarrassed for my family to hear what I'm listening to, but I pause in case they want to say something so I don't miss a word they say. But I don't really listen to music, I mainly listen to MIDIs (generally MIDIs I make to admire them or test how they sound or remixes I've done). I am such a geek. >_<

Binary
December 10th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I pause it, whats the point of muting it?
I don't like missing anything on tv.

~Celebi

Ben Kenobi
December 10th, 2007, 08:40 AM
When listening to music, I always wear headphones so even if someone is nearby, I won't change the volume or pause. If someone's talking to me, I will pause though so I don't miss out on the song.

Cherrim
December 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I have a button on my laptop that mutes the sound in an instant, which is much faster than pausing it. :| So I'll usually just do that, unless I know it'll take a longer amount of time in which case I'll probably mute it then pause it. If I'm watching TV, I'll just leave it on. XD As for gaming, well, depends on the game. Some games I'll pause and listen to whoever it is intently, but other games I'll just play and talk at the same time with.

Lie Ren
December 10th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Unless I'm watching On Demand channels, the TV in my room can't pause..
so I either leave it going, or just mute it for a few. No if it's on Demand, and someone comes in,
I pause. I love Pause.. >>; Sadly, only one TV in our house has the ability to pause live TV.

... & It isn't mine. T-T

Shadowthinker
December 11th, 2007, 01:53 AM
I keep watching.I don't watch movies anymore.You only miss a little.

Lyra.
December 11th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I always mute it because I'm to lazy to pause it.
I also don't have a DVR in my room.
Even when I do have a DVR or I'm watching a movie, I never pause it because...well, I'm not quite sure myself. :|
Pausing is for gaming.

for music: pause
for tv: no dvr= no pausey
for games: pause
for all of them: no mutey
(p.s.: Saber, you do have a point. A point about the dvr, if i'm waiching tv, i just leave the volume so that i can listen to it!)

Umi Ryuzaki
December 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
If I listening to music/watching TV, and someone comes to my room I pause the movie/tv/music

♥~*Abby*~♥
December 11th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I normally pause if it's music. If it's TV, I tend to mute it, or just turn it off. (I really don't watch much TV)

Azonic
December 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I pause, since I don't know how to mute it =x

TwilightBlade
December 11th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Hmm I turn down the volume if I'm watching TV/listening to music but I'll pause if it was a movie or video game. |O

Waffle-San
December 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Well I don't tend to do eather, but I'm thinking like my parents.

Someone else, I'd eather turn off the TV or pause the Music. I want them to know they've got my attention.

Melody
December 11th, 2007, 08:39 PM
If I can pause it I pause. I dont like missing anything. I dont usually mute unless I need to. I'd rather just turn the volume way down.

Razer302
December 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I will pause it. I don't like missing my shows and it lets me skip the boring advertisements.