PDA

View Full Version : Only child or not? What do you think?

zel 2.0
December 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, I thought about this while I was a bit bored of what I was doing... I am the only child of my family, but lately I've been thinking... Do I like being the only child of my family? Or would I prefer to have some brothers and/or sisters?

So, this leaves me with two questions for you all:

1-Are you the only child of your family, or do you have other brother(s) and/or sister(s)?
2-Do you like being the only child, or do you like having brother(s), sister(s)? Or would you prefer to be "on the other side"? And give your reasons about your answers, obviously.

As to what refers to me, I guess I'm ok being the only child, maybe because I have gotten used to being the center of attention. Though it's true that sometimes, a brother (only one) could be something that would have been good to me. Not that I think that a lot of times, anyway...

The Shadow
December 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Well I'm the only child, and I like it. I get spoiled (sometimes) LOL. And nobody can pick on me and stuff.

Midnight Beat
December 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I have two younger brothers myself. Overall I guess I do like having them around, I probably get pretty bored without them. That being said, I don't think I could stand being an only child, but I wouldn't mind seeing what it would be like to have a sister. :\

Himawarii
December 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm not an only child,and fer some reason,I find that a good thing,despite all the disputes we have :P

Being an only child would be lonely~But than again,being the oldest isn't any diffrent e_e; [all the attention's on the others]

Soul Eater
December 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I am an only child.

Sometimes I do wish I had a little brother or sister but to be honest I like being the only child because I get uber spoiled! >D

Allstories
December 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I have a younger sister and several older half-siblings. I suppose it's preferable to being an only child. I pretty much get spoiled anyway.

TwilightBlade
December 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I have a twin brother and an older half brother.. :B

The older one isn't ever around so I bother the other one, yush. I wish I had a sister but I like having a sibling to play with.. He plays video games with me and we can read each other's mind w00t.

Waffle-San
December 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I have 1 younger brother, and I don't mind having symblings, it's ice sometimes, as annoying as he can be.

Aegis
December 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I have an older brother. I often complain about having a sibling, because of all the stuff that I can't do because of him. Being a younger sibling doesn't help at all. But, honestly, I would really miss my brother if he was gone.

Lumine
December 11th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I have a younger brother and an older sister, I'm so glad I'm not the only child, cause you'll grow up not learning to share things XD

Alakazam17
December 11th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I have a younger brother. I'd prefer having him around than not. ^_^

Heh, I got my 1st job a week before he got his. Though his was a paying job! =O

Snivi
December 11th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I have 2 sisters and while they were a pain when we were growing up things are great now that we are all grown. We get along really well ^^

RYOUKI
December 11th, 2007, 11:51 PM
A have a younger sister, it's not easy living with her, I have to be blamed for everything she does, If she cries, It's all my fault.

That's how it is, I guess.

Take Note: She's 10.

Lady Nicole
December 12th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I have a younger brother who is in fact a memeber of PC =P (time to make some guesses as to who XD) Anyway, I like having him. I wouldn't like to be an only child at all, it must be quite boring :\ In addition, I like having someone to share things with =D

Pikabloo
December 12th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I have an older brother, and I guess I'm happy with him around, since he helps me with my homework at times. Although, he gets terribly annoying at times.

I think it'd be alot quieter in our house when he leaves for university... So, yes, I do like having a sibling. Plus I would be awefully bored, since my brother is one of few people I talk to freely in the house. And I definitely like being the younger one. Since you can blame it all on your older brother/sister if you do something wrong, ehehehe.

Amoeba
December 12th, 2007, 05:47 AM
1-Are you the only child of your family, or do you have other brother(s) and/or sister(s)? I have 3 half-brothers. 2 are my mum's and 1 is my dad's. The one on my dad's side is 4 years-old, the first on my mum's side is 4 years-old and the other is about 2 weeks-old.

2-Do you like being the only child, or do you like having brother(s), sister(s)? Or would you prefer to be "on the other side"? And give your reasons about your answers, obviously. As a kid I didn't enjoy being the only child. I always got jealous of other kids with brothers and sisters because I wanted one too. I did get lonely, didn't get outside to play a lot because the kids outside were pretty rough. So it caused me some major social issues... Of course when my fist brother came along I wanted to see him. He was premature, but since I'd never met my dad before I had to meet him first. Anyway my mum had my second little brother just a month or so later, I was living with her then so I helped care for him along with my step-father (well... not quite they're not married) who pretty much brought in the bulk of the household income. I liked having him around. I felt very protective of him, like he was someone that I cared for. I mean, at that time I was angry at everyone, having a rough time with bullying and stuff. He was the only one that kept me going at the time, even my parents made me angry. Now I don't live with my parents I see him less often, and I'd probably see the youngest about the same times. I like having brothers but I don't really see them very often.

Oh.... um.... I didn't realise I was rambling on so much....

Vanilla Kitsune
December 12th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I have a younger brother. Since he's 12, I like having him around. XD; Normally he's not a pain. He plays video games with me and other stuff that I normally would not want to do by myself. He does get annoying at times though, and mean too. D:

シーツー
December 12th, 2007, 06:54 AM
1-Are you the only child of your family, or do you have other brother(s) and/or sister(s)?

I've got a brother who is 26 years old. He moved to another town to study, so he hasn't lived here a while. And I feel like I'm the only child of my family.

2-Do you like being the only child, or do you like having brother(s), sister(s)? Or would you prefer to be "on the other side"? And give your reasons about your answers, obviously.

Yea, sure I like to have a brother. But it would be better if he was a few years younger and would be at home all the time, I guess.
I'd like to have a sis or brother who is younger than me, just to see how it is^^

My brother and me, we're almost the same, although he's 12 years older than me.
We play the same games, we argue our mom (XD) and we're lazy about school.

Binary
December 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Im not the only child in my family...Ive got one smaller sister but I wish I had a bro:P But im happy this way and would'nt want to be alone

~Celebi

Karonte
December 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I have a small sister. I wish I had an older brother but I guess it's to late...

Yingxue
December 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I have a big family, I'll give you that. >_<;

Sometimes, it's frustrating living with the knowledge that people think it's weird that you have a big family, but I like it in the end. :D

Razer302
December 12th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I have one sister and soon to be a baby half brother.

I don't mind having my sister around. But I won't be able to handle the baby. That is why I am moving out from my dads house and into my mums.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM

I have 5 other siblings but I only live with 2/5 of them. I don't like having 2 brothers because they can get so annoying

:t354:TG

PB
December 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I Have a brother and a half sister. With my parents being divorced i spend all the time with my brother and greatly dislike it.

I'm sure we will get on better when we get older and get some space.

Azonic
December 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know. I guess I'm okay ><;

Sammi
December 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
1. I have four other siblings: two older stepbrothers, an older sister, and a younger brother. Usually we don't have all five under the same roof, but we did at one time. For awhile, we'd have my two siblings and one of the stepbrothers, and then my sister and stepbrothers started moving out, until it was eventually my little brother and me. Right now, we're pretty spread out. My stepbrothers live in Hawaii, my sister lives in Kansas, and my little brother is in Germany with the parents.

2. I like having brothers and sisters. It makes the house interesting, even if they're driving you up the wall at times. If you're alone, it's just really lonely. With siblings, you have someone closer to your age to talk to, and if you don't have friends, at least you have a sibling or two to turn to. So no, I wouldn't want to be an only child.

Noah Fowl EX
December 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Um... I'm not an only child... I have three younger sisters and I wish I could have a brother. I can't though... I would prefer to be an only child because I quite like being by myself when I want to be, which is nearly all the time... So yeah, I wouldn't mind being an only child.

Black_Wolf
December 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I am (From my birth parents) the only child.

However, with my adoptive parents, I have a younger step-brother (also adopted) and 2 younger sisters (These two devils are not adopted, btw.)

Natalie♥
December 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'm the oldest of two kids. I would love to be an only child, but getting in troulbe with no one to blame would be terrible. I like having my little sister because she hates clothes, so my parents spend most of the money on me.

coachwhipneoship
December 13th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'm the oldest of three kids (two brothers), but I wish to God I were an only child. >_<

JX Valentine
December 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I have an older brother, but I felt throughout my childhood as if I was an only child. He'd go off to his friends most of the time, which means my parents spent a lot more time with me than with him. But as we got older and we grew up a bit more, we sometimes hang out, and it's at those moments that I really like having an older brother because I can relate to him more than I can my parents (even though we're completely different people).

Sheena--Fujibayashi
December 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
No. I have a younger brother. He`s alright, but we do have those normal sibling rivalry moments. He`s a good kid though.

Melody
December 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I have a little brother. It's not too bad. He does annoy the daylights out of me sometimes but I would rather not have been the only child tbh. My brother is cool sometimes.

LaurenLOVESTONED
December 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM
i have four brothers (two step, one half and one fostered; two are older, two younger) and a younger sister.
i love my siblings, but i think im better suited as an only child

Apple Inc.
December 14th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Well zel, I have a sister who really gets on my nerves. And you can think of Carlos as your evil twin brother XD

destinedjagold
December 17th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm the eldest in the family and I have 2 younger brothers and no sisters (thanks goodness :P)...

I do think it's a lot of hardwork for being the eldest, for almost all the responsibilities are in me, they expect a lot from me, I should care my bros, I should be a model to them (and yeah, I'm the reason why they became so addicted to the computer and PKMN hacking/fan-game making :P)...

But yeah, it may have all the pressure, but it's fun at times. ;)

The Real AAA
December 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well I do have 2 older sisters and I'm just ok with it so yea i'm really just happy what i hav

Pingouin_7
November 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I wish my brother liked Pokémon as I do, so he would have the other version of the game.

Example: I would have Sapphire and he would have Ruby, I would have Fire-Red and he would have Leaf-Green, I would have Diamond and he would have Pearl, etc.

(PS: I own Fire-Red, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl, I might get Leaf-Green instead of Fire-Red and I will have Platinum.)

Volkner's Apprentice
November 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I've got a 15 year old brother..he was way more fun when he was little, since now we don't relate to each other that much. Though he's still funny and nice when he needs to be; I wouldn't like being an only child, I like having another personality in the house, even if he does drive my parents insane.

diamondpearl876
November 6th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I preferred being an only child.

Watching my sisters is annoying and just makes me angry all the time. =\ And they get so much stuff. All the time. Parents complain we're tight on money, yet buy all these "early" Christmas and birthday presents and then buy even more when Christmas and their birthdays actually come around.

Oh well.

Candy Christina
November 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not an only child...unfortunately. I'm like the only person that would prefer not having a sibling. x_x Well I think I'd like a little sister rather than the pain of a little brother I have now.

He's really stupid and irritating and just anything else with a similar meaning. I mean he's okay sometimes but there's other times where I want to scream my loudest at him. -_______-

True Reign
November 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I have a little sister and it's nice having one around.

I would hate to be the only child. Just seems so lonely and pointless to me...

Zebra Thunderhead
November 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'm an only child and it's not so bad. Sure it gets lonely time to time but on the bright side, you don't have to share things with anyone and you get more crap on Christmas.

Hikari Ven
November 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'm the oldest of 2 in my family. I have a younger sister, but I like having her around, she does her thing and I do mine.

Sometimes I wish I was an only child, but its not bad having a sibling :).

marz
November 6th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I am an only child, and sometimes I'm thankful, and sometimes I really wish it was the other way around. >: Even to have annoying siblings would be better than absolute solitude. I get so lonely sometimes, it really sucks. >: I just want someone to talk to, especially since I'm at that age where I don't really enjoy talking to my parents.. :x Talking to friends over MSN isn't really enough. There's a big difference between the internet and real life. Most people here wouldn't know about it lulz :x

But yeah, I don't always enjoy being an only child.

Gerri Shin
November 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I have three brothers (I never knew my sister)
I actually like having brothers now that I'm older and more civilized. when I was younger I wished dearly to have been an only child. but now I see hat it's great having brothers to hang out with and do stuff like beach 4 wheeling and snowboarding with.

the bitter end.
November 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I have two siblings, one (my brother) is the most evil annoying person in existence, and the other (my sister) is the sweetest little girl out there.

So, it's a blessing and a curse.

♣Gawain♣
November 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Being the only child means you're being pampered(a lot) by your parents. It's a lonely experience, with no one at home to share your talents and everything. Glad I'm not the only child in the family.

Swift!
November 7th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I have 5 other siblings!
An older sister, a younger sister and three younger brothers. I wish that I was an only child, but my parents are Catholic... watcha gonna do? =P

Charizard EX
November 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM
No, I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters but I want to be the only child, then I would have such cool stuff like PS2, DS. But we are not that rich, If I was the only child there would be a lot of extra money.

Joey the Cockroach
November 7th, 2008, 02:08 AM
i have 1 brother, thats about it. we do get along quite well.

Signomi
November 7th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Pingouin_7, please do not revive threads that are over a month old.

~Closed