PDA

View Full Version : A pun-ny topic

Cosmic Tyrant
December 12th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Puns. you either love them, or hate them. From time to time I appreciate a good pun, but I'm curious as to what you all feel about puns.

txteclipse
December 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hate hate hate. Hate. My dad says them all the time, and you have no idea how annoying it gets. I've tried to get him to stop, but it's like he's infected the world.

Alter Ego
December 13th, 2007, 01:09 AM
It...sort of depends. An occasional pun is alright and -- at times -- even fun, but when it's nothing but puns (try reading the Alice books and you'll see what I mean) it gets tedious after a while. >.<

Jubilation
December 13th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Might I ask what is a pun?

Ayano Katagiri
December 13th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I hate puns... especially the really, really, annoying ones we get told in Physics as titles for our worksheet. :(

Might I ask what is a pun?

It's a play on words usually for humourous effect.

Amoeba
December 13th, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'm indifferent. I really don't care much for them, don't find them funny really, but they don't bother me either, I just look over them or even often don't notice.

Jonbo
December 13th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I LOVE puns, and I say them all the time (yes I am aware how annoying they are).

You could say Im quite punny.

Shiny Umbreon
December 13th, 2007, 06:41 AM
The puns I hear every day are never funny, but rather stupid in an intentational way so that you laugh more. The puns I've heard or read in English are usually just bad.

PB
December 13th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I actually find puns really funny, Its good when you know something, like pokemon, and you hear a pun about it and it can make sense to you

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
it depends,
If it is a hilarious pun I'll like 'em.
The same when other people don't get it, and you do XD
But Puns that are too chilish for my taste I think are just lame :/

Melody
December 13th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm cool with puns. They're sometimes funny. But if I've heard it before I might only chuckle. However I do agree that exessive puns are annoying.

Chikara
December 14th, 2007, 04:22 AM
There are puns that just induce an 'ugh...'

But I've managed to sit down and watch and entire season of Digimon.... twice. They make puns pretty much every single time the attack. Yeah it's annoying, but it's tolerable for me. Other shows like Kids Next Door, Numbuh Two ruins the entire thing for me >>

peirateis
December 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM
My pastor always makes really cheesy puns.

I'm the only one who laughs. xD

Sammi
December 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
My love or hate of puns depend on the pun itself. I don't mind good puns at all, it's just the really cheesy ones I can only get so much of. And if something's just filled with those cheesy puns, I'll go crazy. I haven't seen anything like that lately, though.

Thomas
December 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Love `em! I use them all the time, except when I say them, it just sound corny.

Gulpin
December 14th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I like puns, but I don't go bursting out laughing if they are funny.

EmpoleMew
December 14th, 2007, 07:24 PM
It depends on the pun, really. If a pun is just really groan-inducing, you just can't laugh at all. However, if its something that's clever or unexpected, it's good. I just can't seem to laugh at most puns. If I laugh at any pun at all, it would have to be absolute genius.

Waffle-San
December 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I love Puns!!! Esspecially the lame one's. (well most of them basically). They're always so stupid that I laugh at them. People have to know they're saying it though, cause then it's not very interesting.

Korey
December 15th, 2007, 02:43 AM
It depends, sometimes they can be really funny! :3
But, other times you just think, what the hell? Because sometimes they are just stupid :[

J-Rad
December 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
some are actauly so corney thet're funny so yeah some are good others are just like... whatever...

Natti
December 17th, 2007, 08:16 AM
It depends on who the person is. If it's the class clown or whatever, it usually gets a weak laugh or an eyeroll from me. But if it's one of my friends, I just give them a deadpan look. :B

So, I picked "Indifferent".

Himawarii
December 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I don't mind puns,especially if they're clever =]
If the usage if overwhelming,than I'll get irritated e.e;

Azonic
December 22nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
I hate them puns. theyre baad